Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness (6228 Views)

70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics / Man Regains Sight After 21 Years Of Blindness / You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by CChillz: 7:15am On Jun 30, 2018
Our health sector is as good as dead. the FG ignores the health sectors more than anything, if you can't make provision for adequate health facility how will you be tasking optometrists to curb blindness? make adequate provision for good health facility and see it producing good fruit
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Tonytonex(m): 7:18am On Jun 30, 2018
sundayerhun:

Which school did he graduate from, and when did he graduate?

It is very unlikely that a graduate of Optometry with professional license will be hawking glasses.

He may be unlucky to get a good job that pays well, but he'll definitely get a job, especially in private practices.

Innumerable private practices lack doctors. He probably didn't search well, or just managed to graduate without knowing the knitty-gritty of the profession.

Probably.
You're right.

1 Like

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Celsony: 7:27am On Jun 30, 2018
sotall:
My brilliant friend who read Optometry in the University couldn't get a job anywhere, he now hawks eye glasses on the street. He has been doing this for like 10 years now and can't remember anything Opto not talk talk about metry again
Nawao, this is Nigeria according to Falz where everybody is a criminal. God help your friend
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 30, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
It's like most scientists in Nigeria are quacks!

No visible development, initiative or creativity

The same thing year in year out!

The only way we could eradicate any form of disease i.e polio, HIV... is through the help of the international community and nothing more undecided

Doctors, pharmacists e t.c are just there for title sakes or decoration!

Dora Akunyili tackled this to an extent when she was alive but it's like since her demise, the health sector is back to square one!

Continue to rest in peace Dora!

U call them quack like its the fault of the Nigerian scientist.... How much has ur government allocated for research in the area of medicine and biotechnology let alone other areas....once in a while when they manage to give scholarship to go study abroad, the northerners get a chunk of it mostly for managemnt science courses only for them to return and replace their kins in politics...
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:11am On Jun 30, 2018
1StopRudeness:

U call them quack like its the fault of the Nigerian scientist.... How much has ur government allocated for research in the area of medicine and biotechnology let alone other areas....once in a while when they manage to give scholarship to go study abroad, the northerners get a chunk of it mostly for managemnt science courses only for them to return and replace their kins in politics...
Person wey go need help go don get something on ground now undecided

I quite understand where you are going to but even their own job are not done professionally, is it the work of the government too

This people you are defending has their own clinics while working for the government undecided

What stops them from coming together and build a centre no matter how little for the research undecided This will also enable them to concentrate and be of good help to their patient!

If they actually know what they are doing they could as well woo private investors instead of just blaming the government!

They were trained to save human lives for Christ sake!

1 Like

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Person wey go need help go don get something on ground now undecided

I quite understand where you are going to but even their own job are not done professionally, is it the work of the government too

This people you are defending has their own clinics while working for the government undecided

What stops them from coming together and build a centre no matter how little for the research undecided This will also enable them to concentrate and be of good help to their patient!

If they actually know what they are doing they could as well woo private investors instead of just blaming the government!

They were trained to save human lives for Christ sake!
First of ...its the work of the government to ensure work is done accordingly...there are unprofessional pple and corrupt pple all over the world, it's human nature. Pple abroad do their job well and don't take bribes as much as we do not that they are good naturally from heaven...but because over time, they have forced to be that way. Cameras installed by government everywhere, regular mystery shopping audits is done on everyone to ensure no one is taking bribes or acting unprofessionally.
I am sorry to say, but u have no idea how much funding is needed for research in medical and life sciences...u think it's child's play that a few Nigerian scientist earning a merger salary of 200dollars a month or the professors an average of 1500dollars can come together and build a working research facility. The useless NIMA (Nigerian institute of medical research), the last time we visited don't have a perfect functioning MRI machine...
The government must be involved in practices like this because there is what is called research regulations and ethics...ofcourse private can add, but private pple or bodies won't add to a non-working structure...at the end of the day it's business for them, very few do it on humanitarian grounds....
I'm sorry I'm blaming the government alot, I know we have our role to play as individuals, but in this area of research and development we can't move far with government's insensitive and corrupt mentality

2 Likes

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by boiz2men(m): 8:38am On Jun 30, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
na to task Optometrists? Where is the research centers that they provided for Optometrists? Which school in Nigeria can boast of being a standard institution for educating Optometrists?
they should task themselves. what really causes blindness, na Optometrists? stop the cause of blindness and there will be no need to task anybody. no equipment for Optometrists in government hospitals. no Optometrists has achieved any appraisal or award for excellence. but Genevieve and Aki and Pawpaw have. task the people you give awards to provide the services you seek.
all the politicians children way school abroad none of them fit go Havard cos they cannot buy their way in. they have no brains to make the score or criteria. why una children no day return come become Optometrists? go and task una children.
misplaced priorities
make una open standard hospitals like the one way una day go for london for Optometrists. the bad food and pollution and suffering na day cause the rise in blindness. many blind people have good genes in their families.

bro, are you an optometrist?

You seem to know the profession.

They govt even tried. Coming from Isaac adewole who is a gp, one would think he would task ophthalmologist to do the job
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by boiz2men(m): 8:40am On Jun 30, 2018
yeyerolling:
I kid u not. 90% of dem don dey process canada

It's no longer Canada bros.. That's old news. It's middle east
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:43am On Jun 30, 2018
1StopRudeness:

First of ...its the work of the government to ensure work is done accordingly...there are unprofessional pple and corrupt pple all over the world, it's human nature. Pple abroad do their job well and don't take bribes as much as we do not that they are good naturally from heaven...but because over time, they have forced to be that way. Cameras installed by government everywhere, regular mystery shopping audits is done on everyone to ensure no one is taking bribes or acting unprofessionally.
I am sorry to say, but u have no idea how much funding is needed for research in medical and life sciences...u think it's child's play that a few Nigerian scientist earning a merger salary of 200dollars a month or the professors an average of 1500dollars can come together and build a working research facility. The useless NIMA (Nigerian institute of medical research), the last time we visited don't have a perfect functioning MRI machine...
The government must be involved in practices like this because there is what is called research regulations and ethics...ofcourse private can add, but private pple or bodies won't add to a non-working structure...at the end of the day it's business for them, very few do it on humanitarian grounds....
I'm sorry I'm blaming the government alot, I know we have our role to play as individuals, but in this area of research and development we can't move far with government's insensitive and corrupt mentality
Okay but the you guys needs to be impressive

Not everyone is born great! There has to be something extraordinary to set you apart!

That is what I have not seen in the health sector except the Ebola stuff in the last administration

We need more of that! We need to know that every single life matters to ALL health practitioners, build that trust before expecting more responsibilities

The lackadaisical attitude is not encouraging

True government has a role! All I hear is strike about salary increment and all that

When will you stay put on a strike in order to get these things looked into

1 Like

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by boiz2men(m): 8:46am On Jun 30, 2018
ultron12345:
why won't there be high rate of blindness when optometrists refuse to do what they were trained for, rather, they want to do the work of opthamologists. Only in Nigeria you'll see optometrist carrying out surgery. Silly people, it shall not be well with JOHESU.

are you talking out of hearsay or experience? Where in Nigeria do opt carry out surgery? Why are you lying to feel good about yourself?

Ophthalmologists are secondary health care providers but they want to do the job of a primary eye care practitioner. Ophthalmology should be concerned with corrective surgeries and pathological issues beyond the scope of the primary eye care practitioner.

Ophthalmology has no business in refraction. Go tell your friends

2 Likes

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by chimexdnice1(m): 8:55am On Jun 30, 2018
boiz2men:

It's no longer Canada bros.. That's old news. It's middle east

looool
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by cbryan(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2018
ultron12345:
why won't there be high rate of blindness when optometrists refuse to do what they were trained for, rather, they want to do the work of opthamologists. Only in Nigeria you'll see optometrist carrying out surgery. Silly people, it shall not be well with JOHESU.

Get your facts right with proof before you come here and spill rubbish. People like you is the reason why the country is making no progress especially in the area of healthcare. You speak ill of a profession you know nothing about, discouraging the masses from accessing proper visual health assessment with your infectious mediocrity.

Given, the FG is tasking Optometrists to eradicate avoidable blindness, how many have they employed in our government health facilities? The Optometrist being a primary eyecare practitioner is not even found in our primary healthcare centres (PHCs), so how do they get to the grassroots who ofcourse has d highest prevalence of these avoidable vision imparing conditions.

The very few Optometrists in our government facilities are not allowed to practice maximally the full scope of their profession, all because of professional politics and personal gratifications of som sects.

In a bid to eradicate avoidable blindness, the WHO opined 4 Optometrists to 1 Ophthalmologist but in this country you rarely find more 3 Optometrists in a hospital with 5 or more Ophthalmologists. Paradoxically, in some federal and state hospitals the Ophthalmic nurse is the first point of contact of a patient with an eye condition. And we always scream 'international best practices', who is being shortchanged... the poor masses ofcourse.

On if Nigerian Optometrists are properly trained, try pay a visit to countries like Canada, the UK, the Middle East etc and get me your statistics when you are back.

Don't make a public show of your bigotted opinions Mr.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Tamass: 9:21am On Jun 30, 2018
cbryan:

Get your facts right with proof before you come here and spill rubbish. People like you is the reason why the country is making no progress especially in the area of healthcare. You speak ill of a profession you know nothing about, discouraging the masses from accessing proper visual health assessment with your infectious mediocrity.

Given, the FG is tasking Optometrists to eradicate avoidable blindness, how many have they employed in our government health facilities? The Optometrist being a primary eyecare practitioner is not even found in our primary healthcare centres (PHCs), so how do they get to the grassroots who ofcourse has d highest prevalence of these avoidable vision imparing conditions.

The very few Optometrists in our government facilities are not allowed to practice maximally the full scope of their profession, all because of professional politics and personal gratifications of som sects.

In a bid to eradicate avoidable blindness, the WHO opined 4 Optometrists to 1 Ophthalmologist but in this country you rarely find more 3 Optometrists in a hospital with 5 or more Ophthalmologists. Paradoxically, in some federal and state hospitals the Ophthalmic nurse is the first point of contact of a patient with an eye condition. And we always scream 'international best practices', who is being shortchanged... the poor masses ofcourse.

On if Nigerian Optometrists are properly trained, try pay a visit to countries like Canada, the UK, the Middle East etc and get me your statistics when you are back.

Don't make a public show of your bigotted opinions Mr.

Peace.

Nice one bro, you've said it all. smiley
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by optm(m): 9:23am On Jun 30, 2018
lightparadox:
Are the Optometrists properly trained and equipped to tackle the problem?
what makes you doubt d competence of optometrists in tackling the problem?
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by optm(m): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2018
ultron12345:
you know u re lying and just posting out of hate and ignorance. optometrists are professionals and would not practice outside their scope. Since you are aware of optometrist carrying out surgery in Nigeria which is malpractice, why hvnt u reported any to the authorities?'

1 Like

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 30, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Okay but the you guys needs to be impressive

Not everyone is born great! There has to be something extraordinary to set you apart!

That is what I have not seen in the health sector except the Ebola stuff in the last administration

We need more of that! We need to know that every single life matters to ALL health practitioners, build that trust before expecting more responsibilities

The lackadaisical attitude is not encouraging

True government has a role! All I hear is strike about salary increment and all that

When will you stay put on a strike in order to get these things looked into

Oh! U wanna shift it from research to attitude of medical personnel in this country...lol
U need to visit hospital more...one or two rude doctors is not enough to conclude....the ebola case is just a tip of the ice berg of what doctors, nurses, radiologist, lab scientist etc do daily... These pple work their asss out daily performing what I could describe only as a miracle.
WHO recommendation of medical officer to population ratio is 1:1000....
Do u know what that ratio is in Nigeria .??..
1doctor :6000patient...yeah! That's how appalling it is
Even India with one of the highest world population at 1.5bilion has a ratiobof 1doctor: 1668patients....

The performance of doctors in this nation with the present structure, funding, salary makes them not just hard workers but super heroes....
Have u seen doctors pationate enough to do C-section with torch light..yeah no light, and no fuel....yeah! it's unethical but the paitient will die anyways cos her diastolic figure has skyrocketed because of the presence of the baby..
Don't even go there, doctors are killing themselves by going out of their way daily to save lives, they are one of the most depressed proffessionals in Nigeria because of work load..do u know how many doctors that have slumped on duty, slept on driving wheels after close of work

In the UK, u can't just wake up in the morning and say I wanna see a doctor then just drive down...u book an appointment before 9am for a next day or a later day visit...the only thing that will make u see a doctor almost immediately or in a few hrs is an emergency specifically driven in by paramedics ambulance. But here doctors are like public toilets.....

house officers are being paid around 500dollars monthly and consultant around 1000-2000dollars...I pity this country the situation is getting worst, 5420 Nigerian doctors presently works with the UK NHS practice and they joined just btw 2015 -2018..that's just the UK...don't let me even start with Canada and thee united states..
Do the maths...those are doctors meant for 5,420,000 Nigerian patients... And u talking of strike??
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by kolawoleibukun2: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2018
optometrist and Ophthalmologist na the same eye doctor na. it depends on the severity of the eye problem. and are you saying that they tried? haba my guy. how dem take try? does anyone of them visit any ophthalmologist or optometrist in Nigeria? No one of them will submit his eyes for Nigerian Optometrist to operate. But is that not something way dem suppose to day fight for to improve the standard of care in Nigeria? How dem take try?
boiz2men:

bro, are you an optometrist?

You seem to know the profession.

They govt even tried. Coming from Isaac adewole who is a gp, one would think he would task ophthalmologist to do the job
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by boiz2men(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
optometrist and Ophthalmologist na the same eye doctor na. it depends on the severity of the eye problem. and are you saying that they tried? haba my guy. how dem take try? does anyone of them visit any ophthalmologist or optometrist in Nigeria? No one of them will submit his eyes for Nigerian Optometrist to operate. But is that not something way dem suppose to day fight for to improve the standard of care in Nigeria? How dem take try?

optometrists are not licensed to operate. They shouldn't even. There's so much work in primary eye care sef.

When I said they tried, I meant an nma led administration gave optometrist the sole responsibility of preventing blindness.. It's an acknowledgement of them as primary eye care practitioners..

Nma fights with everyone. They think they are the God of health industry... That's y this came as a shock.

Although, I feel there is something that isn't obvious. In the health sector, no one trusts nma and it's council. They may try to act good but theres always something hidden
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by kolawoleibukun2: 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
am just hearing this for the first time o. Optometrists are not licensed to operate, for real! Hmmmmm am shocked oh. but if the FG tasks Optometrists to reduce blindness, does it mean that they will now be licensed or is it an oral task? even if they task Optometrist does it alleviate their dependence on nma? abi them just day pit Optometrist against nma?
boiz2men:

optometrists are not licensed to operate. They shouldn't even. There's so much work in primary eye care sef.

When I said they tried, I meant an nma led administration gave optometrist the sole responsibility of preventing blindness.. It's an acknowledgement of them as primary eye care practitioners..

Nma fights with everyone. They think they are the God of health industry... That's y this came as a shock.

Although, I feel there is something that isn't obvious. In the health sector, no one trusts nma and it's council. They may try to act good but theres always something hidden
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by boiz2men(m): 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
am just hearing this for the first time o. Optometrists are not licensed to operate, for real! Hmmmmm am shocked oh. but if the FG tasks Optometrists to reduce blindness, does it mean that they will now be licensed or is it an oral task? even if they task Optometrist does it alleviate their dependence on nma? abi them just day pit Optometrist against nma?

optometrist are not under the umbrella of nma.. They are an independent organisation. Optometrist chose johesu over nma. Dentists in nma are like "boy boy" to general practitioners.. Optometrists didn't want that. I think what fg meant by tasking optometrist to reduce blindness is for optometrists to create more awareness for PREVENTABLE AND AVIODABLE causes of blindness and to impede the progress of blindness through diagnostic techniques and examination.

My point is ministry of health is under the leadership of an nma member. For an nma member to recognize optometrists as the first line of defense against ocular issues (e. g blindness) is surprising.

Some Optometrists outside Nigeria are licensed to carry out simple procedures or operations that don't go beyond the anterior part of the eye. But you know, nma have fought relentlessly for that not to happen in Nigeria. Optometrists are supposed to be in FRSC to test drivers before they are given drivers license but nma and some bad eggs in optometry hijacked it..

There is currently a brain drain towards the Middle East. Go to LinkedIn and search for optometrist with Nigerian names..you will see that most are working in the Middle East.

1 Like

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by Pentagon1993(m): 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
ultron12345:
why won't there be high rate of blindness when optometrists refuse to do what they were trained for, rather, they want to do the work of opthalmologist. Only in Nigeria you'll see optometrist carrying out surgery. Silly people, it shall not be well with JOHESU.
People like you are one of the reasons why Nigeria is still in slump both psychological, economical and other wise.
Optometry in Nigeria has one of the best scope of practice in the world behind USA.

How can you say that unless you are blind to facts, ophthalmologists see themselves as the Boss and ignore basic legal institution and scope of practice ; and I have never seen any optometrist doing surgery, some even run from pathology. Medical infighting is killing this country. Get your facts and stop hating. Am an optometrist and what you said is a pure fallavy.
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by originbm: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
lightparadox:
Are the Optometrists properly trained and equipped to tackle the problem?

properly trained? u must be better trained then I suppose
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by originbm: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
ultron12345:

Are u not daft? what percentage of eye care does surgery represent. Do u know how many procedures you have in eye care...How many surgical procedures aside of cataract and pterygium excision do ophthalmologists perform in Nigeria? Who provides the bulk of ocular treatment in Nigeria. Can an ordinary MBBS holder touch an eye...bunch of fools
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by originbm: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
Kelamma:
Thunder fire you there! Why will people not be getting blind anyhow when people no dey chop better food wey get nutrients?
The condition you and your Oga has reduced Nigerians to! Even blindness has increased...no be me talk this one...na you take your mouth talk am.

The painful thing is that good things like electricity,good roads, affordable housing, well equipped hospitals aren't increasing o.

It is hunger,death,hatred,division, hardship, religious intolerance, lying and now blindness that have increased since the government of change came on-board.

LOL omo y u dey vex nah

1 Like

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by originbm: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
sotall:
My brilliant friend who read Optometry in the University couldn't get a job anywhere, he now hawks eye glasses on the street. He has been doing this for like 10 years now and can't remember anything Opto not talk talk about metry again

Dangote of ignorance... clap for yourself. now go and apologize to ur family whom you have thoroughly disgraced here.
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by ultron12345: 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
originbm:

Are u not daft? what percentage of eye care does surgery represent. Do u know how many procedures you have in eye care...How many surgical procedures aside of cataract and pterygium excision do ophthalmologists perform in Nigeria? Who provides the bulk of ocular treatment in Nigeria. Can an ordinary MBBS holder touch an eye...bunch of fools
it is you and your fellow eye glass cutters that are fools. How dare you call MBBS ordinary, is it doctors fault you could not pass jamb well? so it's only cataract surgery ophthamologists perform, that shows how daft you are. Visit any teaching hospital and see ophthalmologists work wonders.
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by kolawoleibukun2: 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
thanks for the information.
I no day acquainted with the system before.
wetin I no for here way i day be say Optometrists no day do surgery. when the eye problem don critical dem go give you a referral to an ophthalmologist.
9ja system na wah.
boiz2men:

optometrist are not under the umbrella of nma.. They are an independent organisation. Optometrist chose johesu over nma. Dentists in nma are like "boy boy" to general practitioners.. Optometrists didn't want that. I think what fg meant by tasking optometrist to reduce blindness is for optometrists to create more awareness for PREVENTABLE AND AVIODABLE causes of blindness and to impede the progress of blindness through diagnostic techniques and examination.

My point is ministry of health is under the leadership of an nma member. For an nma member to recognize optometrists as the first line of defense against ocular issues (e. g blindness) is surprising.

Some Optometrists outside Nigeria are licensed to carry out simple procedures or operations that don't go beyond the anterior part of the eye. But you know, nma have fought relentlessly for that not to happen in Nigeria. Optometrists are supposed to be in FRSC to test drivers before they are given drivers license but nma and some bad eggs in optometry hijacked it..

There is currently a brain drain towards the Middle East. Go to LinkedIn and search for optometrist with Nigerian names..you will see that most are working in the Middle East.
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by originbm: 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
ultron12345:
it is you and your fellow eye glass cutters that are fools. How dare you call MBBS ordinary, is it doctors fault you could not pass jamb well? so it's only cataract surgery ophthamologists perform, that shows how daft you are. Visit any teaching hospital and see ophthalmologists work wonders.

you idiotic swollen fool, visit an optometry clinic and see what an optometrist does. you fool what did your MBBS teach u about the eyes. y don't u start treating ophthalmic patients with your malaria -treating license. what do u know about the eyes to come here and vomit thrash, you slowpoke. wait till u go to school for another 6 yes before talking to an optometrist. Without fwcs, what is ur Mbbs worth...u r a doctor of everything, besotted slowpoke...u idiot what do u know an optometrists does...visit an eye clinic...your MBBS is not ordinary abi, in the field of eye care it is very ordinary, or can u handle an ophthalmic patient? slowpoke...if it is not ordinary, go and use it to cover any eye clinic...fool

1 Like

Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by ultron12345: 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
originbm:

you idiotic swollen fool, visit an optometry clinic and see what an optometrist does. you fool what did your MBBS teach u about the eyes. y don't u start treating ophthalmic patients with your malaria -treating license. what do u know about the eyes to come here and vomit thrash, you slowpoke. wait till u go to school for another 6 yes before talking to an optometrist. Without fwcs, what is ur Mbbs worth...u r a doctor of everything, besotted slowpoke...u idiot what do u know an optometrists does...visit an eye clinic...your MBBS is not ordinary abi, in the field of eye care it is very ordinary, or can u handle an ophthalmic patient? slowpoke...if it is not ordinary, go and use it to cover any eye clinic...fool
be deceiving yourself....... there's nothing an optometrist knows that an ophthalmologist doesn't. Better direct your energy at the road-side aboki who is gradually replacing you eye glass cutters. In many European countries, optometry is an unregulated profession, it is learnt by apprenticeship under an ophthalmologist, example is in Italy. It's not doctors fault your childhood dreams to become a medical doctor were crushed by jamb. If you don't like the fact that your optometry degree is and will never be equivalent to MBBS and will never equate you with an ophthalmologist, then go and jump into the lagoon..
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by originbm: 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
ultron12345:
be deceiving yourself....... there's nothing an optometrist knows that an ophthalmologist doesn't. Better direct your energy at the road-side aboki who is gradually replacing you eye glass cutters. In many European countries, optometry is an unregulated profession, it is learnt by apprenticeship under an ophthalmologist, example is in Italy. It's not doctors fault your childhood dreams to become a medical doctor were crushed by jamb. If you don't like the fact that you as an optometrist is and will always be inferior to the ophthalmologist, then go and jump into the lagoon..

if you r not stupid you will know that ophthalmologists can't compare to optometrists when it comes to refraction. Diagnosis and treatment, the doctor of optometry also does that, plus the host of eye care procedures in ophthalmic care. You are obviously an ignorant student who may not even know the difference between cornea and sclera, coming here to vomit thrash.That's how one of you was querying retinal detachment for a patient with 6/6 vision. Don't even talk when an optometrist is talking in eye care if it's just MBBS u HV. u r not an eye doctor, u r a malaria and typhoid doctor. I r too stupid to notice the obvious fact that as far as ophthalmic practice is concerned, with ur MBBS, u r undereducated and underqualifief to handle any ophthalmic case . Ask ur colleagues who go for outreach who the eye doctor is. they can't even diagnose simple astigmatism or hyperopia. Mumu. U r coming here to vomit thrash.
Re: FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness by ultron12345: 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
originbm:

if you r not stupid you will know that ophthalmologists can't compare to optometrists when it comes to refraction. Diagnosis and treatment, the doctor of optometry also does that, plus the host of eye care procedures in ophthalmic care. You are obviously an ignorant student who may not even know the difference between cornea and sclera, coming here to vomit thrash.That's how one of you was querying retinal detachment for a patient with 6/6 vision. Don't even talk when an optometrist is talking in eye care if it's just MBBS u HV. u r not an eye doctor, u r a malaria and typhoid doctor. I r too stupid to notice the obvious fact that as far as ophthalmic practice is concerned, with ur MBBS, u r undereducated and underqualifief to handle any ophthalmic case . Ask ur colleagues who go for outreach who the eye doctor is. they can't even diagnose simple astigmatism or hyperopia. Mumu. U r coming here to vomit thrash.
like I said before, go jump into the lagoon. Eye doctor ke, yansh doctor ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Benefits Of Sleeping N*ked You Probably Didn’t Know / Is Being Gay Bad? / Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.