Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (43008 Views)

Mohammad Abubakar: Ranching Is The Easiest And Best Thing To Do / Jimi Agbaje Quits PDP, Speaks On The Next Plan As FFK Reacts / Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Koolking(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2018
Empiree:
Ah aha thanks for this. I didnt even know about this. So conflicts btw farmers and herdsmen didnt start with Buhari afterall. So we asked anti-buhari, anti fulani what they have to say about this?.

friendgn
schoolboij

GEJ's boys sat down and embezzled the money.

It's an agelong issue. Even in Obasanjo's time the problem was there but the publicity wasn't blown out of proportion. Christian Nigerians seem to have a problem with the north and Moslems. It's a terrible narrative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by GMbuharii: 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
Shehunoshewhat:

Shut up! The agenda is land grabbing cum neo colonisation.
shatap. Are u zmB now in support of Ffk? We thought hes an enemy of ur lord,tinubu? Mental grin
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by GMbuharii: 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
Just look @ shameless zmBs now in support of Ffk? We thought hes an enemy of their lord,tinubu?
Sophisticated M and Mentals grin
lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
Spreading Fake News By India Media House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5okwz8foT8

Dr. Naik Responds To Fake News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSYMUaIzhoU

Rightnow, nigeria and india have same thing in common. Their govt and media are using religion and tribal differences to disparage their people by constantly portraying Indian muslims as violent extremists while shielding themselves from their responsibilities just like Nigeria media houses are currently doing about Fulani people.

Watch out for Media in Nigeria, is a bigot institution headed by christians constantly attacking Fulani people to shield the govt from thier basic responsibilities. Believe them at your own risk. Below is Indian woman condemning Indian govt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waUA6GSiJbY
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
Zakir Naik is a fuccking terrorist

A overt jihadi banned in multiple countries and accused and convicted of funding and supporting jihadists.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
nemesis8u:
Zakir Naik is a fuccking terrorist

A overt jihadi banned in multiple countries and accused and convicted of funding and supporting jihadists.
He must be your nightmare, chai.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2018
Empiree:
He must be your nightmare, chai.

That is a matter of perception

Just like deciding which is worse , getting hanged or facing the threat of being hanged day in and day out.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
nemesis8u:

That is a matter of perception

Just like deciding which is worse , getting hanged or facing the threat of being hanged day in and day out.
Only you understand yourself undecided
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by stevedre: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Koolking:
Am actually disappointed FFK was one of the rulers running Nigeria.

Clearly, if we look at the bigger pictures, ranching will ameliorate the clashes between nomadic farmers and crop farmers. It will also contribute meaningfully to the Nigeria's economic development and growth. Let shun sentiment and give a try. Government has done it feasibility and cash flow projection.

You sound educated but it still baffle me how you missed the issue on ground.
Ranching is the modern way to go YES but the cow owners should buy their lands, materials and equipments for it. Why must the government force people to give up lands while neglecting their duty to protect Nigerians and why must the government support this so called heardsmen with so much passion, cash and other aids while ignoring our technology, meaningful investments, educational and medical sectors.
What's so speacial about beef in a country that's struggling with almost everything ? The cow owners are bussiness men because they sell their cows and the milk reserves are also sold but I guess they do not pay tax or add so much value to the economy so what is giving them all this guts to the extent of holding the country to to a standstill.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
stevedre:

You sound educated but it still baffle me how you missed the issue on ground.
Ranching is the modern way to go YES but the cow owners should buy their lands, materials and equipments for it. Why must the government force people to give up lands while neglecting their duty to protect Nigerians and why must the government support this so called heardsmen with so much passion, cash and other aids while ignoring our technology, meaningful investments, educational and medical sectors.
What's so speacial about beef in a country that's struggling with almost everything ? The cow owners are bussiness men because they sell their cows and the milk reserves are also sold but I guess they do not pay tax or add so much value to the economy so what is giving them all this guts to the extent of holding the country to to a standstill.
Do you agree they should be allowed to buy lands in SW and SE as well with their own capital since they are already in these areas for decades?
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by stevedre: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2018
merineze:
same way government should build pen for poultry farmers?pond for fish farmers?mechanic workshop for mechanics?you are looking for bigger trouble/problem for nigeria.

GOD bless you, you have said it all. I guess the hawkers need their own lanes too because they also move from one place to another.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by stevedre: 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
Empiree:
Do you agree they should be allowed to buy lands in SW and SE as well with their own capital since they are already in these areas for decades?

Yes if they can abide with the traditions and custom of the host communities.
There's Sharia practiced in some states in Nigeria and it is not part/recognized in the Nigerian constitution so the heardsmen must respect the host communities.
The North have vast lands that can accommodate almost all if not all the heardsmen in Nigeria so most of them should seize the opportunity, build ranches there and leave the south/middle belt alone.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2018
stevedre:

Yes if they can abide with the traditions and custom of the host communities.
what do you mean by traditions and custom?. Once they buy the land it is theirs. They should only abide by local, state and federal laws.

There's Sharia practiced in some states in Nigeria and it is not part/recognized in the Nigerian constitution so the heardsmen must respect the host communities.
what does this mean?. It is relevant to this discussion?

The North have vast lands that can accommodate almost all if not all the heardsmen in Nigeria so most of them should seize the opportunity, build ranches there and leave the south/middle belt alone.
you have just contradicted yourself. You said above that you don't have problem with them buying land in the SW/SE.

Yea, they do have land in the North. But their business spreads across the country for decades if not for century. At least I grew up seeing them roaming the streets back in the 80s, 90s in the SW and there was no problem.

Don't you think it is really hard work for them with transportation of these lifestock all the way from North to SW which also contributes to high cost of cows, ran and sheep?.

And yes, they do have ranches in the North.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by stevedre: 3:12am On Jul 08, 2018
Empiree:
what do you mean by traditions and custom?. Once they buy the land it is theirs. They should only abide by local, state and federal laws.

what does this mean?. It is relevant to this discussion?

you have just contradicted yourself. You said above that you don't have problem with them buying land in the SW/SE.

Yea, they do have land in the North. But their business spreads across the country for decades if not for century. At least I grew up seeing them roaming the streets back in the 80s, 90s in the SW and there was no problem.

Don't you think it is really hard work for them with transportation of these lifestock all the way from North to SW which also contributes to high cost of cows, ran and sheep?.

And yes, they do have ranches in the North.

I guessed some one would counter the part where I stated they should abide by the customs and laws of the host communities that was why I mentioned the Sharia part. Now tell me where it is written in the Nigerian constitution that drinking alcohol in public is a crime but it is a crime in some areas up North, now if I am to invest in one of the Sharia governed areas I would end up having no choice but to drink my alcohol inside my house and not in front of my house to avoid having issues with the host community custom.

Nomadic way of rearing animals is getting extinct so the heardsmen should embrace change and upgrade to modern ranching.
Rail and road transport is improving on Nigeria though at a snail speed besides people keep getting killed as a result of the clashes so it is time for a better change.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 3:24am On Jul 08, 2018
stevedre:

I guessed some one would counter the part where I stated they should abide by the customs and laws of the host communities that was why I mentioned the Sharia part. Now tell me where it is written in the Nigerian constitution that drinking alcohol in public is a crime but it is a crime in some areas up North, now if I am to invest in one of the Sharia governed areas I would end up having no choice but to drink my alcohol inside my house and not in front of my house to avoid having issues with the host community custom.
Whats this gotta do with ranches and land reservation?. Now to answer your concern, first, i dont live in nija so i can't tell all the way but what i do understand is that non-muslims are not bothered by shari'a authority from drinking alcohol in their designated region in the north. As for drinking beer, alcohol in public, i hope you know that even in the Western world it is illegal to drink in public. You will be arrested by cops.

Nomadic way of rearing animals is getting extinct so the heardsmen should embrace change and upgrade to modern ranching.
Rail and road transport is improving on Nigeria though at a snail speed besides people keep getting killed as a result of the clashes so it is time for a better change.

We all agree to that including herdsmen themselves. That's why govt wants to create ranches across the country but you people flare up and and tagged them terrorists, fulani colony etc. You agree that open grazing is becoming extinct, but SW/SE dont want to allow the govt to create ranches for them. I thought you read reactions of people who are against the govt here?
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by stevedre: 3:49am On Jul 08, 2018
Empiree:
Whats this gotta do with ranches and land reservation?. Now to answer your concern, first, i dont live in nija so i can't tell all the way but what i do understand is that non-muslims are not bothered by shari'a authority from drinking alcohol in their designated region in the north. As for drinking beer, alcohol in public, i hope you know that even in the Western world it is illegal to drink in public. You will be arrested by cops.

We all agree to that including herdsmen themselves. That's why govt wants to create ranches across the country but you people flare up and and tagged them terrorists, fulani colony etc. You agree that open grazing is becoming extinct, but SW/SE dont want to allow the govt to create ranches for them. I thought you read reactions of people who are against the govt here?

What did you just say about being arrested for drinking a beer in public, did you just say it is illegal ??
Which of the Western worlds are you talking about ? I have lived out the shores of Nigeria for some years now so tell me what State in the U.S practice this law (since you used the words cops).
FYI'You are most likely to be cautioned for smoking in public than drinking a can/bottle of beer.
Hippies carnival would not exist if this is true.

Now why must the government build ranches for private bussiness owners ? The cow belongs to people not the government.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 4:12am On Jul 08, 2018
stevedre:

What did you just say about being arrested for drinking a beer in public, did you just say it is illegal ??
Which of the Western worlds are you talking about ? I have lived out the shores of Nigeria for some years now so tell me what State in the U.S practice this law (since you used the words cops).
FYI'You are most likely to be cautioned for smoking in public than drinking a can/bottle of beer.
try it in NY and see what happens

[cquote]Now why must the government build ranches for private bussiness owners ? The cow belongs to people not the government. [/quote]Yes, cows belong to the people but govt should have certain degree of control in facilitating ranches. The cow rearing in itself is one big business that affects entire country. Herdsmen are everywhere. Hence, if they decide to buy reserve land in the SW for instance, and you dont sell it to them, open grazing will continue to flourish. But you dont want open grazing. And if they buy reserved land in the SW, i hope you understand that the land is theirs and no longer yours anymore. This is why it is better to have govt buy these lands and lease to people who want to do business.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 4:24am On Jul 08, 2018
stevedre:

You have not travelled wider enough. See the evidence in the attachment.

As for smoking, no one reprimands you for smoking in public except designated SMOKE-FREE areas like subway stations, Buses etc.

If you hold beer bottle in public police will stop you. I was once walking down the street 10yrs ago in hot sun and had water bottle wrapped in brown plastic bag when cops passed by me. They were just staring at me and wanted to figure out what I had in my hand. Having knowledge of this law, and in order to avoid gazing at me, I took out water bottle and they drove off. I don't drink beer etc by the way.

You may not be arrested or stopped if you have your beer in your bag. So now you understand sharia law is right afterall. It is a state law in America. May not extend to other states or they may have their law about it.

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by chimeee: 6:44am On Jul 08, 2018
Empiree:

As for smoking, no one reprimands you for smoking in public except designated SMOKE-FREE areas like subway stations, Buses etc.

If you hold beer bottle in public police will stop you. I was once walking down the street 10yrs ago in hot sun and had water bottle wrapped in brown plastic bag when cops passed by me. They were just staring at me and wanted to figure out what I had in my hand. Having knowledge of this law, and in order to avoid gazing at me, I took out water bottle and they drove off. I don't drink beer etc by the way.

You may not be arrested or stopped if you have your beer in your bag. So now you understand sharia law is right afterall. It is a state law in America. May not extend to other states or they may have their law about it.
u missed the point...this is not about cow rearing at all..this is about grabbing lands...history is the best teacher
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by chimeee: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2018
Empiree:
try it in NY and see what happens

[cquote]Now why must the government build ranches for private bussiness owners ? The cow belongs to people not the government. Yes, cows belong to the people but govt should have certain degree of control in facilitating ranches. The cow rearing in itself is one big business that affects entire country. Herdsmen are everywhere. Hence, if they decide to buy reserve land in the SW for instance, and you dont sell it to them, open grazing will continue to flourish. But you dont want open grazing. And if they buy reserved land in the SW, i hope you understand that the land is theirs and no longer yours anymore. This is why it is better to have govt buy these lands and lease to people who want to do business.
they are not the only ones having problems in running their business...for the fact the resorted in killing the host communities in order to achieve their aim says lot of what is going to happen when u finally accommodate them..history is great teacher..is either u are not living in Nigeria or u are one of them.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by afamonyimadu: 7:21am On Jul 08, 2018
It is really a shame, but the question is have Nigerians become any wiser with the happenings? We willfully handpicked the worst of the options we had, who says we will not do it again. I feel we can lament all we want, but our problems are our making and if we put sentiments, tribe, and ethnicity before patriotism, this would have been just the tip of the iceberg. I stumbled upon this and I think you must take a read. God is counting on Nigerians to fix Nigeria
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by stevedre: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2018
Empiree:

Las Vegas, Texas e.t.c have no laws against drinking in public, cops were staring at you because you are black (joking).
A smoking ban (either state or local) has been enacted covering bars and restaurants too in each of the almost all the 60 most populated cities in the United States.
I never did claim I have been all around the world but I know there is no drinking law against any one where I am except you're under 18.
Now how is Sharia law right when Nigeria is not a Muslim state ? The government is against state policing but they ignored Sharia state police and other unlawful gangs disguised in religious regalia up north, makes one wonder if the people of Nigeria are all governed by same laws or the laws are for some people.

Any way as for the issue on ground, let the cattle bussiness men invest and build ranches with thier money, the government should concentrate on protecting her citizens, arrest the killers and make them face the law, build industries, invest in education and improve the health care system which are far more important than beef.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by chimeee: 9:36am On Jul 08, 2018
stevedre:

Now why must the government build ranches for private bussiness owners ? The cow belongs to people not the government.

fulani are not the only one that knows how to rear cow...if the federal government want to invest in cow rearing and want to build ranches...they must build for every state each for her indigens...it does not make sense for every state to release it's ancestral land to people that are known for terror in the name of ranching.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by stevedre: 9:57am On Jul 08, 2018
chimeee:

fulani are not the only one that knows how to rear cow...if the federal government want to invest in cow rearing and want to build ranches...they must build for every state each for her indigens...it does not make sense for every state to release it's ancestral land to people that are known for terror in the name of ranching.

You nailed it, that is what I have been saying. Let the government either do it in all states or forget it, some Southerners also have cows too. Think there are more pressing issues the government need to concentrate on instead of this ranches e.g the Nigerian health care, education, security and youth employment is nothing to write home about so why waste time and resources on building ranches for private bussiness owners ?

1 Like

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by chimeee: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2018
Empiree:
Ah aha thanks for this. I didnt even know about this. So conflicts btw farmers and herdsmen didnt start with Buhari afterall. So we asked anti-buhari, anti fulani what they have to say about this?.

friendgn
schoolboij

Gej was naive at that time to know what the agenda was...someone has opened people eyes Gej inclusive through his enlightenment campaign...we now know how they roll...creating chaos and suggesting solution to end it...while the solution is the agenda.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Empiree:
Sorry, you have no meaningful contribution to move things forward other than accusing people of terror. Get well soon.

Having been away from the zoo for a while, only to returned being hearing how buhari and APC are defeating boko haram and Fulani territories.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
^^^

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Presents Akpabio With A Super Eagles Jersey / Bashir Ahmad Mocks Peter Obi For Items He Donated To Flood Victims / The Presidential Inauguration G-wagon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.