Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (43010 Views)

Mohammad Abubakar: Ranching Is The Easiest And Best Thing To Do / Jimi Agbaje Quits PDP, Speaks On The Next Plan As FFK Reacts / Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
tungamaje:

Southerners are unanimous in saying we don't have enough land to give to Fulanis for their cows, let them locate those ranches in the north where they have vast lands, Sambisa forest comes to mind. No amount of preaching can persuade us, so don't waste your time. If that is the job the government promised to create, we are not interested. Period!
I don't like engaging Biafra. Their thinking is ......v

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by newbie2018: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
blakid:
I coundn't fanthom the level of dumbness amomg our leaders before now, buh with this, i can tell you that Nigeria is being Govern by the dumbest government since the inception of life. #NigeriaIsInTrouble.
Please!!! i urge us all to go and get our PVC ready, this government must go, come 2019.

but who to vote?
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by WizzPoll: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

You still not a making a point with regards to subject matter

Be truthful and feasible to yourself. Do you have a better solutionn outside ranching devoid of hate?

The number 1 responsibility of government is to defend the security of Nigerians/their properties. This requirement is written in the constitution and it is not a subject of negotiation.

Government need to immediately proscribe the act of wandering from place to place with cows and thereafter arrest anyone who fails to obey the law. You can not in your pursuit of your business trample on the rights of others, destroy their properties, kill others and get away with it. Otherwise we might as well start negotiating with Armed Robbers too! If you must move herds of cow from one point to another and you do not own all of the land in-between then you must put the herds of cow in a truck and move them! simple!

After the above is done, then Government can through its Agricultual banks provide loan schemes for Cattle rearers who may want to access loans to purchase land for Ranches. State Governments (As a matter of choice) may also be encouraged to provide low cost land to cattle farmers for lease. But this must be done as a matter of choice.

If Sokoto wants to provide such low cost lands but Ekiti does not want to it should be their choice. It CAN NOT, I repeat It CAN NOT be up to FG to impose any land scheme on any state.

Cattle Rearing is a Private Business like all other businesses in the country. The mere fact that herdsmen are engaging in terror does not mean the Government must fall flat and give in to terror!

3 Likes

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
Empiree:
You are gradually revealing your intention here. I know you have sentiments. What's Biafra gotta do with this thread?. Anyways, if to let Biafrans be, why do you support Israel terrorist?. Why dont you let Palestinian be?

Bullsh!t. Nigeria is ONE

kikikikikiki grin grin Anyone who against Biafrans and support herdsmen is from up North? grin grin Talk about paranoia cheesy

Guy you better use your brain and stop talking foolishly. Let them restrict their ranches to the north. We don't want fulanis in SW. If you need cow go to the north and buy. Bringing fulani to the SW is bringing war to the future generations. Remember what happened in Ilorin. Say no to ranches in SW before thunder fire you.

1 Like

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
princfred:
Cow owners should buy their ranches by themselves just like farmers, goat and pig owners do. Abi are they dashing the cows out for free and not making profit from them? But you rather bleat away like you dont know right and wrong.
ok, since they are well grounded in the South West for long now, they should buy their land in SW/SE them. Fair enough?.

However, if they buy their own land for grazing, you have no right or entitlement to the land anymore. You can no longer say the land belongs to your ancestors
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
schoolboij:

Guy you better use your brain and stop talking foolishly. Let them restrict their ranches to the north. We don't want fulanis in SW. If you need cow go to the north and buy. Bringing fulani to the SW is bringing war to the future generations. Remember what happened in Ilorin. Say no to ranches in SW before thunder fire you.
what happened to ilorin?.

So they should transport all the cows back to the North?.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
Empiree:
I don't like engaging Biafra. Their thinking is ......v

I hope you are not a fulani in disguise because no Yoruba man should be talking like this. Govt should arrest terrorists not succumb to their demands. They might as well give Boko Haram their caliphate so people will not die.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Koolking(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
legba1:

can u pls educate me brother...am wiling to learn.
How does giving up my land for sompeoples private business fair..why does govt have to spend public funds to set up private business..and who says fulanis can co habit with farmers wtout rancour...pls forget all this....am a farmer and this can't work.

Come on, I don't how old you are, Before Nigeria becomes the den of bandits caused by greedy and selfish Nigerians, Nomads we co-dwelling with land owners peacefully foraging with their cattles and doing business with locals. 80s and early 90s enjoyed same peace. Communities were named after them (Hausa/Fulani communities).

I am surprised, it's no longer Moslems that are the problems but now Fulanis. You see what hate and intolerance can do to a country?
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Empiree:
what happened to ilorin?.

So they should transport all the cows back to the North?.

Today they have a fulani emir in Ilorin ruling over Yorubas. Is that not shameful to you?

Yes. They should transport their cattle to the north. In fact if I was a governor today I will ban open grazing and arrest any herdsman on sight immediately.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by engineerboat(m): 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
SalamRushdie:

They are not careless talkers they are telling the truth

This is hate speech by the presidency.

How on earth do a government threatened her citizen's with war and death
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
Koolking:

Come on, I don't how old you are, Before Nigeria becomes the den of bandits caused by greedy and selfish Nigerians, Nomads we co-dwelling with land owners peacefully foraging with their cattles and doing business with locals. 80s and early 90s enjoyed same peace. Communities were named after them (Hausa/Fulani communities).

I am surprised, it's no longer Moslems that are the problems but now Fulanis. You see what hate and intolerance can do to a country?

You can see we are no longer in the 80s and herdsmen have become terrorists that trespass into people's farm and eat their crop, killing them if they dare voice out. This is happening in Ondo, ekiti, Oyo presently as we speak. You can research it yourself. This is not propaganda. The SW governors must come together and restrict fulani herdsmen totally from SW. Let them move their cattle to the north. We will come to the north to buy.

2 Likes

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by buchilla: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
GoTV:
What is the big deal in surrendering lands to save lives? I think this is the best deal we can get from this government if we want this crisis to end. As Christians, the Bible encourages us to be our brothers keeper and love our neighbors as ourselves. Now it's time to practice what we preach. Let's allow the Fulani Herdsmen to have lands and we will enjoy peace. Beef and milk will also be cheaper if cattle rearing is in every community.
So we should give out our inheritance to the so called Fulanis who are doing their private business, if it were other tribes that are ceaselessly killing the innocent citizens, this useless federal govt must have dealt with them as terrorists. God will surely deal with those blood sucker and their sponsors
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
schoolboij:

I hope you are not a fulani in disguise because no Yoruba man should be talking like this. Govt should arrest terrorists not succumb to their demands. They might as well give Boko Haram their caliphate so people will not die.
I know you people want no peace. Govt is doing what they can to make this work. They want to designate reserve places across the country for herdsmen but you people oppose solely base on tribalism, religion and hearsays.

You have no idea how long I have been willing to invest in this life stock business but I am not confident in buying lands from family especially in Yorubaland because family always have problems. Therefore, doing my business on govt designated land will secure my business and I pay tax on my revenue.

So you all need to compromise or deal with current trend. You want no peace. I truly hope govt of Buhari pushes this initiative forward and succeed so that I can come home and invest in this business. I don't want to buy lands from Yoruba family. Brother starts killing brother and they give me problem on my business. So no. Thanks. I don't support you.

I have long dreamed of buying large acres of land from the govt reserve to graze cow and other life stock and also open big restaurant on the lot. But you people want no peace. This is why Yorubland remain brown roof republic. Nothing moves forward.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
schoolboij:

Today they have a fulani emir in Ilorin ruling over Yorubas. Is that not shameful to you?
this causes you migraine?. And your oba are any better, where your succeeding oba has to eat former Oba's flesh before ascending throne?.

Yes. They should transport their cattle to the north. In fact if I was a governor today I will ban open grazing and arrest any herdsman on sight immediately.
stupid. This is definitely the worst move. You guys are very dangerous. Y'all wanna create anachy. Have you ever heard of "regulation and wisdom". They are still in the dictionary. That's what you and your governor are missing.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by blackaxe78: 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2018
WizzPoll:

The number 1 responsibility of government is to defend the security of Nigerians/their properties. This requirement is written in the constitution and it is not a subject of negotiation.

Government need to immediately proscribe the act of wandering from place to place with cows and thereafter arrest anyone who fails to obey the law. You can not in your pursuit of your business trample on the rights of others, destroy their properties, kill others and get away with it. Otherwise we might as well start negotiating with Armed Robbers too! If you must move herds of cow from one point to another and you do not own all of the land in-between then you must put the herds of cow in a truck and move them! simple!

After the above is done, then Government can through its Agricultual banks provide loan schemes for Cattle rearers who may want to access loans to purchase land for Ranches. State Governments (As a matter of choice) may also be encouraged to provide low cost land to cattle farmers for lease. But this must be done as a matter of choice.

If Sokoto wants to provide such low cost lands but Ekiti does not want to it should be their choice. It CAN NOT, I repeat It CAN NOT be up to FG to impose any land scheme on any state.

Cattle Rearing is a Private Business like all other businesses in the country. The mere fact that herdsmen are engaging in terror does not mean the Government must fall flat and give in to terror!

Well said, I must confess am impressed.

Only where I intend to come in is that structures should be in place with ultimatum before they are barred. This will subdue the effect .

But the point is there has never been a roundtable to address this issue of ranching where everyone can make his contribution openly.

The word is just about "They want to take our land" or islamize Nigeria. Our political fore runners are really doing a great job to be able to divide us with ethno religious lines. The solution to this menace stares at all but no one is willing to visit reluctantly.

If I must buttress your point. State government have landmass which is cheaply leased to farmers. But politics has made "All" herdsmen killers.

There must be a way to separate the stones from the grains and it's simply confining them. Either by sale, lease or rent.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Koolking(m): 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
schoolboij:

You can see we are no longer in the 80s and herdsmen have become terrorists that trespass into people's farm and eat their crop, killing them if they dare voice out. This is happening in Ondo, ekiti, Oyo presently as we speak. You can research it yourself. This is not propaganda. The SW governors must come together and restrict fulani herdsmen totally from SW. Let them move their cattle to the north. We will come to the north to buy.

What bolster your confidence they won't kill you in the north when going to buy the cattle if they can kill you in the SW (your domain)? How can we forge ahead as civilized people? What do you propose as unbiased solution? We can't continue to wallow in our ignorance and enmity yet wants things to work
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by blakid(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
newbie2018:

but who to vote?
for now, i can't vouch for any candidate.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by poseidon12: 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
saaron:
Every right thinking Nigerian must demand the immediate impeachment of buhari's terrorist govt for THREATENING Nigerians to give their lands to Miyetti Allah terrorist or DIE!
There's absolutely no doubt that Buhari's bloody govt are the sponsors of middle belt genocide!!!

I HOPE NIGERIANS CAN NOW SEE THAT APC BUHARI'S GOVT'S RANCHING/CATTLE COLONY PLAN IS WITH ULTERIOR MOTIVES. THEIR MAJOR GOAL IS TO SPREAD/CREATE FULANI SETTLEMENTS ALL OVER NIGERIA USING PUBLIC FUNDS, HIDING UNDER THE USUAL CLOAK OF DECEPTION: CATTLE REARING!
THE CURRENT GENOCIDE AGAINST CHRISTIANS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CATTLE REARING!!!!!

Yep. Buhari needs to be impeached.

2 Likes

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
Empiree:
I know you people want no peace. Govt is doing what they can to make this work. They want to designate reserve places across the country for herdsmen but you people oppose solely base on tribalism, religion and hearsays.

You have no idea how long I have been willing to invest in this life stock business but I am not confidence in buying lands from family especially in Yorubaland because family always have problems. Therefore, doing my business on govt designated land will secure my business and I pay tax on my revenue.

So you all need to compromise or deal with current trend. You want no peace. I truly hope govt of Buhari pushes this initiative forward and succeed so that I can come home and invest in this business. I don't want to buy lands from Yoruba family. Brother starts killing brother and they give me problem on my business. So no. Thanks. I don't support you.

I have long dreamed of buying large acres of land from the govt reserve to graze cow and other life stock and also open big restaurant on the lot. But you people want no peace. This is why Yorubland remain brown roof republic. Nothing moves forward.

Thanks for revealing your abokii identity. Thought I was talking to a reasonable fellow.

3 Likes

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2018
Koolking:

What bolster your confidence they won't kill you in the north when going to buy the cattle if they can kill you in the SW (your domain)? How can we forge ahead as civilized people? What do you propose as unbiased solution? We can't continue to wallow in our ignorance and enmity yet wants things to work

We go to the north to buy onions, pepper and tomato. We don't need them to plant them here before buying them. They should do so to cattle. Rear it in the north and sell to us. We don't need no murderers living in our midst.

2 Likes

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by poseidon12: 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
Koolking:
Am actually disappointed FFK was one of the rulers running Nigeria.

Clearly, if we look at the bigger pictures, ranching will ameliorate the clashes between nomadic farmers and crop farmers. It will also contribute meaningfully to the Nigeria's economic development and growth. Let shun sentiment and give a try. Government has done it feasibility and cash flow projection.

I am sure your State can provide enough land to the Fulanis for ranching.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
Empiree:
this causes you migraine?. And your oba are any better, where your succeeding oba has to eat former Oba's flesh before ascending throne?.

stupid. This is definitely the worst move. You guys are very dangerous. Y'all wanna create anachy. Have you ever heard of "regulation and wisdom". They are still in the dictionary. That's what you and your governor are missing.

You are either an abokii or an Ilorin fulani claiming yoruba. Can you allow a Yoruba man to be your emir in sokoto? There will be an oba in Ilorin soon. The end of your Emirate is at hand.

1 Like

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by kremlin01(m): 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
GoTV:
What is the big deal in surrendering lands to save lives? I think this is the best deal we can get from this government if we want this crisis to end. As Christians, the Bible encourages us to be our brothers keeper and love our neighbors as ourselves. Now it's time to practice what we preach. Let's allow the Fulani Herdsmen to have lands and we will enjoy peace. Beef and milk will also be cheaper if cattle rearing is in every community.

WHO EVER WROTE THIS DOESN'T HAVE ANY IOTA OF SENSE .... I AM SORRY TO SAY #SMH

3 Likes

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by chernest2002: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
I knew buhari as a terrorist before 2015.

1 Like

Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Wada3: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
As usual, FFK may have been influenced by excess in take of of hard drug. Very unfortunate
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
schoolboij:

You are either an abokii or an Ilorin fulani claiming yoruba. Can you allow a Yoruba man to be your emir in sokoto? There will be an oba in Ilorin soon. The end of your Emirate is at hand.
This thread is about securing ranches across the country. Not about ilorin. If you are so much concerned about Oba/Emir in ilorin, open a thread and let's discuss. Dont derail undecided
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by ariesbull: 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
I am not surprised, it's from yoruba man
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Empiree: 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
schoolboij:

Thanks for revealing your abokii identity. Thought I was talking to a reasonable fellow.
Emi omo Yoruba tokan tokan grin I have bought lands from my fellow Yoruba people before and i know how terrible the experience was. I had to give up the land i bought with my sweat when other family members who didnt agree to the sale of the so called ancestra lands showed up to lay curses and threats. This is why govt is right to have control over reserved land across the country. You will never move forward with your bullshit mental faculty cheesy
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by ShalomX: 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
Koolking:
Am qactually disappointed FFK was one of the rulers running Nigeria.

Clearly, if we look at the bigger pictures, ranching will ameliorate the clashes between nomadic farmers and crop farmers. It will also contribute meaningfully to the Nigeria's economic development and growth. Let shun sentiment and give a try. Government has done it feasibility and cash flow projection.

Building ranches for private businesses with public funds? By the way, why is this the only issue that Buhari and his cabal have consistently pushed since assumption of office despite other critical and other urgent needs of the people.

Why has he not given such attention to power supply that will directly affect the life of every Nigerian.

The fact is that there's an ulterior motive to this stupid agenda and he might just achieve it because many Nigerians lack the ability to think critically.

Some of you that are saying give land for ranching for peace to rein are like the ostrich that buries its head in the sand. You are only postponing the evil day.

Think deep man, use your brain. Today people have the chance to resist this enslavement but let those ranches be established across the country and in a few years you will be paying tax to stay alive.
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
GoTV:
Did you actually write this when you had sense. Wise up!!! Everybody cannot be a diplomat, but that's why God created the common sense for your likes
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
GoTV:

Don't they have lands in their home states?
Re: FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" by newbie2018: 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
blakid:
for now, i can't vouch for any candidate.
I think we are stuck with bubu then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Mocks Peter Obi For Items He Donated To Flood Victims / The Presidential Inauguration G-wagon / Throwback Pictures Of Governor Rotimi Amechi And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.