Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (63339 Views)

Please Help: I Get Stung By A Fire Ant On My Lips And The Swell Is Much? Pix / Cute Ugandan Boy With Blue Eyes And Vitiligo (Photos) / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by eunisam: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
cry I noticed the symptoms of Vitiligo on my lips around August last year..At first it was just a small patch but subsequently it began to spread to other parts of my lip and also outside the lower lip.

I get questions everyday asking me why my lips is like that... Some assume I got burnt by acid or fire... I'm a very confident guy so I don't really allow the insults and tantrums get to me..at least I try to hide it as much as I can.. But of recent it is becoming too much and I've told myself that if the spreading continues I would have no other option than to end my life because I cannot imagine living a life of stigma, pity and neglect.. I really can't cry

I have met severally with dermatologists and have bought several creams and drugs but all to no avail.. The spreading did not still stop.. Not to talk of repigmenting.

This has affected my social life in many ways, I can't boldly walk up to strangers anymore because I always have this feeling that they are looking at my lips.. I no longer have female friends and I'm always withdrawn inside my shell because of it... My self esteem is down to zero. The mere thought that I will live with this forever and it will never stop spreading has made me suicidal.

I got a camouflage tattoo but it wasn't effective upon all the pain I passed through.. Now the substance I use to cope with it is hair dye which I apply before going for my law classes in the morning ... I still wonder how I will be able to practice law with this kind of lips. cry

Please nairalanders help me with any advice that might be helpful to save a brother.

"As chopping off one's head is not the cure for
headache, so is commiting suicide not the solution to
your predicament"Relax nothing pass God
?

3 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
cry I noticed the symptoms of Vitiligo on my lips around August last year..At first it was just a small patch but subsequently it began to spread to other parts of my lip and also outside the lower lip.

I get questions everyday asking me why my lips is like that... Some assume I got burnt by acid or fire... I'm a very confident guy so I don't really allow the insults and tantrums get to me..at least I try to hide it as much as I can.. But of recent it is becoming too much and I've told myself that if the spreading continues I would have no other option than to end my life because I cannot imagine living a life of stigma, pity and neglect.. I really can't cry

I have met severally with dermatologists and have bought several creams and drugs but all to no avail.. The spreading did not still stop.. Not to talk of repigmenting.

This has affected my social life in many ways, I can't boldly walk up to strangers anymore because I always have this feeling that they are looking at my lips.. I no longer have female friends and I'm always withdrawn inside my shell because of it... My self esteem is down to zero. The mere thought that I will live with this forever and it will never stop spreading has made me suicidal.

I got a camouflage tattoo but it wasn't effective upon all the pain I passed through.. Now the substance I use to cope with it is hair dye which I apply before going for my law classes in the morning ... I still wonder how I will be able to practice law with this kind of lips. cry

Please nairalanders help me with any advice that might be helpful to save a brother.
I love people with vitiligo,its not so bad.

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by dingbang(m): 9:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
reminiscing:

I love people with vitiligo,its not so bad.
cheesy
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Zirah: 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:

Cheer up bro. Vitiligo is somewhat attractive.

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Henon: 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Bro love yourself more than before. Vitiligo is just a little change in your body color. Accept, overcome and use it to grow into stronger and better man.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by HomeOfMe(f): 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:

You can research and see if there's a remedy for it. Ask doctors that you know as well. I know that low melanin is one of the causes. There're melanin drugs at health plus,just try your luck.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by CChillz: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
Zirah:

Shatap abegi. Wonder if you'd tell yourself this if same happened to you

I just wonder how people like this without common sense exist in our society today, so you expect me to tell him what will worsen his situation?? please look for where to get the common sense you lack because your comment is senseless. since you know the right thing to say to him open your pit and say it. Afonja
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
XhosaNostra:
It's not the end of the world, at least you'll be a yellow bone when it's all done tongue
If you have the money, you could speed up the process by undergoing a chemical peel, like Michael Jackson. He also had vitiligo.

I don't know if you've watched the movie Sarafina, but the girl who played the role of Sarafina is now all grown & suffers from vitiligo too. Well, she seems to be taking it with dignity. Look on the bright side, at least it's not deadly. You can still live a normal life. The lady is still acting, which tells me that you probably see it as less of an issue, the longer you live with it.
so this is sarafina now?
loved dat movie as a kid

3 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by XhosaNostra(f): 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
lefulefu:

so this is sarafina now?
loved dat movie as a kid

Yeah, that's her.

The movie was good. Watched it just the other day for the songs lol.

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by oduz: 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
My Dear Japhet,

Kindly give me the contractual obligation to brand u.

Let me Upgrade U from 004 to *Japhet007*

The Lawyer who spits fire in the course of Litigation.

Branded by nature

Loved by Sapiosexual Ladies for his IQ

Before you know it TY will b on your case

Focusing her tools on your Golden Spot

Just like a PR guru who Branded the Albinism movement,

Give back to humanity a unique selling point for Vitiligo

Embrace the opportunity to be the Learned Voice of Vitiligo

A unique model of God's own Masterpiece

Go Japhet Go ...

Swagger into the Hall of fame & not depth of suicide

Live my friend, Live

Nairaland is behind you, Shine like a piece diamond

With God's imprint,

Clearly marked where no one will miss it.

Go Japhet Go

Bury yourself deeply into those Big Law books & not the deep depth of the Lagoon

Receive your anointing as the proud Voice of Vitiligo

Go Japhet go

Africa is behind you

cool

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by oduz: 12:02am On Jul 06, 2018
My Dear Japhet,

Kindly give me the contractual obligation to brand u.

Let me Upgrade U from 004 to *Japhet007*

The Lawyer who spits fire in the course of Litigation.

Branded by nature

Loved as he is, by Sapiosexual Ladies for his IQ

Before you know it TY (Bello) will b on your case

Focusing her tools on your Golden Spot

Go Japhet Go

Just like a PR guru who Branded the Albinism movement,

Give back to humanity a unique selling point for Vitiligo

Embrace the opportunity to be the Learned Voice of Vitiligo

A unique model of God's own Masterpiece

Go Japhet Go ...

Swagger into the Hall of fame & not depth of suicide

Live my friend, Live

Nairaland is behind you,

Shine like a piece diamond With God's imprint,

Clearly marked where no one will miss it.

Go Japhet Go

Bury yourself deeply into those Big Law books & not the deep depth of the Lagoon

Receive your anointing as the proud Voice of Vitiligo

Go Japhet go

Africa is behind you

cool
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nowenuse: 2:32am On Jul 06, 2018
Japhet04:
I tried using hair dye on it to avoid the questions I receive daily...pls it's really troubling my life.

*modified

Wow I never knew nairaland was this helpful.. Thank you all very much

OP, I hope you do not mind the insensitivity, childishness and stupidity of many people commenting here. Nairaland allows the good, the bad and ugly, so just try to select the positive comments and move on.

I suggest you go to platforms like Quora where you can ask this question and get responses from a more international and enlightened audience, or you can just check if someone with a similar condition has perhaps already asked this question (which I definitely think so).

All I can advice you to do is to voraciously peruse the length and breadth of the internet on this issue. You said you have already seen a dermatologist. You could read advices and recommendations online from other international dermatologists and people who have successfully tamed this situation.

I heard that it is a condition without a cure. You must stop every contemplation of suicide in your mind. I know it's very difficult, but you must be strong.
It could be that nature wants you to discover the cure to this ailment or at least be among the people to bring about a revolution to this. .. You have to give yourself the opportunity to make a difference. Try to make friends with people who are successfully battling with this ailment, so that they can be a positive source of inspiration to you.

Lastly, are you a faith-filled christian? I am and I believe God can intervene and rescue you from this situation if you truly believe and have the faith for it.

I wish you thee best in your endeavours and above all a happy and successful life whatever the outcome of your condition. .. There are many people who love you just the way you are and will still love you no matter how bad things get. You mustn't give up on these people.

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 06, 2018
humurphia:
for research purpose .pls which country does your close friend reside in ?

Here in Nigeria.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by olawonder(m): 5:36am On Jul 06, 2018
Something wey i dey wish for, u wn kii yourself for undecided my friend go and sit down! Ppl with it are getting huge modelling jobs all over the world right now
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Zirah: 7:20am On Jul 06, 2018
CChillz:

I just wonder how people like this without common sense exist in our society today, so you expect me to tell him what will worsen his situation?? please look for where to get the common sense you lack because your comment is senseless. since you know the right thing to say to him open your pit and say it. Afonja

Must you be this daft gan? That's never a way to advise a depressed person. You're a stupid person as you were harsh in your comment delivery. Ipob nomad
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 06, 2018
dingbang:
cheesy
Are you stalking me after 3years cheesy grin
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 06, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yeah, that's her.

The movie was good. Watched it just the other day for the songs lol.
yea the songs where classic cheesy.i remember the scene in the school assembly where whoopi goldberg their school headmistress was urging them to sing and sarafina sang her heart out cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by dingbang(m): 10:05am On Jul 06, 2018
reminiscing:

Are you stalking me after 3years cheesy grin
you don't have a pic so why would I stalk you
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by newdawn2017(f): 10:07am On Jul 06, 2018
enemyofprogress:
an olosho has come out to defend her profession tongue
May d@ vitiligo befall. & may u be mocked, rejected & ridiculed by people d@ u were once there 2. omo ale!
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by emmysoftyou: 10:41am On Jul 06, 2018
Japhet04:

my brother, I know you don't believe in God but sometime there are certain things God can put an end to misery. Alot of people who commented here said vitiligo doesn't have a cure but I still believe it can be cure miraculously if only you pray for forgiveness and believe in him. Pls don't see yourself as an atheist. Here is one of your old comment on nairaland when you see yourself as an atheist before vitiligo started.
Japhet04:
@ bolded

What impact has your existence made to the world if I may ask undecided

Modified

How i wish Nigerians especially ladies would realize that religion is a scam and that one must not be a religious person to be morally upright

Relate with people based on their individual characteristics and not based on their religious views.

@poster i am sure if God ever existed and we were to stand before a jury panel to be judged in heaven, you will be given a one way ticket to hell

It is not about being Christian or not, it is all about being morally upright

PS, you are a foôl to judge me like that undecided
If religion is a scammed then you shouldn't blamed God because of few unfaithful souls.
That's not the good reason you should turn to be an atheist..
One of my coursemate in school days had kidney stones, they said they will fly him abroad but the family had no money. He prayed to God and God healed him, he wrote second semester exam successfully so what's vitiligo? A small thing that God can disappear and heal within one second.
Some of you humans think you are wiser without God support. It's well..
Pls don't kill yourself o.. Is never too late.. God can still heal you since some people said it has no cure, you need him to cure you so the devil can flee from making you feel stigmatized.
God bless you..
Pls I'm not a pastor o, I believe so much in God can do despite I'm passing through some predicament now but all is well.
Believe that....

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Dylantonics(m): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2018
I made some findings about this condition of yours and discovered that herbal medicine can help you with the cure.
If you care about herbal side of the treatments feel free to reach me via dm.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2018
Japhet my Man I had no idea this was what it was.. you'd be fine if you make up your mind to seek counselling, I could arrange therapy for you. Let's see.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by enemyofprogress: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2018
newdawn2017:
May d@ vitiligo befall. & may u be mocked, rejected & ridiculed by people d@ u were once there 2. omo ale!
an olosho has come out to defend her profession t
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by CChillz: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
Zirah:

Must you be this daft gan? That's never a way to advise a depressed person. You're a stupid person as you were harsh in your comment delivery. Ipob nomad

Why displaying your foolishness the more? nonentities like you whose brain is filled with pap and stupidity should stay clear off social media. You are the biggest fool i've seen on nairaland. Idiotic Biggot
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Zirah: 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
CChillz:

Why displaying your foolishness the more? nonentities like you whose brain is filled with pap and stupidity should stay clear off social media. You are the biggest fool i've seen on nairaland. Idiotic Biggot

Ouch! E pain am e wan cry. Ipob refugee
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by CChillz: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
tongue
Zirah:

Ouch! E pain am e wan cry. Ipob refugee
tongue

If you have nothing to say, shut up. weree afonja
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Zirah: 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
CChillz:
tongue tongue

If you have nothing to say, shut up. weree afonja

See as he responded with the speed of light. Jobless-ipob-he-goat.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by DateMynd44(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
JBL316:
Ur not a black man...u were supposed to be an oyinbo....not to worry...ur destiny is getting restored...be happy grin
lol hahahahaha wickedness
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by DateMynd44(m): 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
dafemnet:
Stop exposing ur self to too much sun and stop using facial cream except recommended by ur doctor.
are these the causes of vitiligo?
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by DateMynd44(m): 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
anibi9674:
if you commit suicide who e consign.
hahahahaha you are wicked grin
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by dafemnet: 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
DateMynd44:
are these the causes of vitiligo?
I don't know the cause(S) but thats what worked for me.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by CChillz: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2018
Zirah:

See as he responded with the speed of light. Jobless-ipob-he-goat.

stupid oduduwa biggot, I can see that ur idleness is always making you expect my reply each time you come online. fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kyle Gordy, Serial Sperm Donor Begins Tour To Help Many Women Get Pregnant / Baby With 4 Hands And 3 Legs Born In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.