Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? (23088 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Kingzy4pep(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2018
Egeri:

My life started during my NYSC days.
Mehn, it wasn't easy at all.
I was able to save 100k after my service year.
That money really helped.
Else I would have maybe committed one atrocity or the other because of joblessness.
Did you invest the 100k?

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Kingzy4pep(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
DeWisedon:
mine started immediately I opened my eyes and saw that I'm Nigeria,that was when I knew that its only God that can help me.
who the government wan help sef.? 180 million people and some people still dey born more than 6,after that dem go start dey blame Buhari.

Na Croatia dey hungry me to go now,just 5 million people,
only mad people for 9ja no pass 5million?

Then try Iceland. Population is less than 350,000 , unemployment rate is less than 2% and their GDP per capita is $59,000+

5 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by stillseth: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
,I thank God for life sha.. my life started earlier... life started when i was 20years young.. i enter street finish nii after finish sec school as a young boy in 2004... Well we thank God for life.. i am 30 this year... i own a 3 apartments bungalow, all 3 apartments ensuite... and just got another piece of land that the building will start before the end of this year...... We give thanks to God... ... ..

9 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by ilyasom(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
DeWisedon:
mine started immediately I opened my eyes and saw that I'm Nigeria,that was when I knew that its only God that can help me.
who the government wan help sef.? 180 million people and some people still dey born more than 6,after that dem go start dey blame Buhari.

Hehehe I don die. So funny
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by drightguy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
MIne started at 18 when my elders brother i was staying with got his first girl friend and because of the fun he started acting like am a disturbance because we share same room back then. About 9pm we had an issue and he boldly told me to leave his house that night and i did; slept on un complete building for two days untill i used my savings to pay for a small 1 room apartment (begged for 2months payment). That was how my life started and now am a graduate and doing my PG course.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2018
drightguy:
MIne started at 18 when my elders brother i was staying with got his first girl friend and because of the fun he started acting like am a disturbance because we share same room back then. About 9pm we had an issue and he boldly told me to leave his house that night and i did; slept on un complete building for two days untill i used my savings to pay for a small 1 room apartment (begged for 2months payment). That was how my life started and now am a graduate and doing my PG course.
and how is that ur brother today
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by stubbornman(m): 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
When my Dad retired .... I was just 15

There were days I sat down cried!!

had to drop out in Ss1 because there was no money.

but thank God today I'm a graduate ... through with Nysc stuff.

rented my own apartment last month.

My life is still in process I'm not there yet

Whatever you're going tru in life just have it in mind that one day it will phase away!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
samuelchimmy:
I was 18 years old when I First paid for a room apartment...... But now I feel like I'm starting from square minus 0 after using up my savings to start school (had to drop out).....

This is what i will advice anyone who cares to listen, never quit a business or use a saved fund to start school, you will come out poorer than you ever were.

Schooling in nigeria is shitty and difficult, and no jobs atall to support, i'm a living example, i had a little investment that gave me 30k monthly without struggle, i used the funds to go to school, OND and Bsc, i will be graduating in 2 months time, the business had collapsed and things have become very difficult, no that there is hope of securing a job even.

Just take heart bro and seek out a way to start, you can use noun when you get back to your feet but don't get into any full time study again.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Achillesdam500(m): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
DeWisedon:

Bro are you sure our minds are not connected?
I suddenly developed a huge thirst for Croatian citizenship this evening.. in case you get a way..Quote me so we can connect..A bro needs help

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Jackossky(m): 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
My life? I think it hasn't started. I was very young when I knew what the world entails. Not that I experienced it but I read a bit, I listen to hear says and some few talks then I deduced what life is outside there.

I tried being independent but I kinda relapse, it was too sweet to let go.
I'm not upto 22 but sometimes, I peek through the wooden window of life and see what's out there.
Sometimes, it's horrible and sometimes it's wonderful.
I just retrospect and cogitate about when I was still in primary school and secondary school, how mum and dad provided everything and I was too naive hoping it would be like that forever... Hmm, reality dawned on me and even though they are still providing most things for me right now, I still feel the shrills down my spine when I think of what awaits me in that lonely walkway called life .
A world without them...

#Sola.

12 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Mrjo(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
samuelchimmy:
I was 18 years old when I First paid for a room apartment...... But now I feel like I'm starting from square minus 0 after using up my savings to start school (had to drop out).....
sorry my brother, you will rise again
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
MysteryFinder:
My own life began last year at the death of my granddad. We visited our village Igbajo in Osun state. I saw sumtin in his collections that changed my life. I was 25years then.
what did you see
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by wapo: 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
Me I Be 24years Old About To Clock 25 And I Am Still Seeking For Admission,he Don Tire Me!

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Dreydoe(m): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
Mine never start... Still prayn 4 a breakthrough in my life , 26 ds September
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Jackossky(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
wapo:
Me I Be 24years Old About To Clock 25 And I Am Still Seeking For Admission,he Don Tire Me!

Trust me, it will get better and it will become a thing of the past.

Please, find something worthwhile to do while seeking for admission.

I was also denied admission for 3 years or thereabout, when I was finally given my course, I regret wasting a year out of the three years.

Glory be to God that I have a two year working experience prior my admission.
Then I ask myself, what the hell was I doing for a whole year?

Boss, that's how the story goes. Even when you finally enter, you will still see those who had worse case than yours, it is now left to you to be accountable for those years or not.

#Start_Something

5 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Well i'm living with my parents, working though, but i make decisions for myself, they dont really control every aspect of my life cos they're rarely around so living under their roof doesnt mean life hasnt started for me, i've had a fair share of difficulties too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Nengee: 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
jjbest123:
Freelencing,online mini importation business,affiliate marketing.
What website do u use for ur mini importation
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Dollarship(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
That day I started yahoo grin cool
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by jinka(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2018
I'm still confused about life. I'm 30 still under the roof of my parent. although the bungalow was built by my father (retired civil servant). I have been teaching since last year after my NYSC while searching for a better job, most times I get frustrated with the decisions of my father in the house, I have thought of moving out of the house but the problem is that I can't afford to pay for an apartment now because I earn very little in the school I'm currently teaching. I don't know what to do again. I think I need help

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by jjbest123(m): 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
Nengee:

What website do u use for ur mini importation
1688 ,taoboa,jd,alibaba,ebay,amazon and some dubai store
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by ItzBIM(m): 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
DeWisedon:

Exactly what I was thinking today, the population is killing us. It’s caused by illiteracy due to poor education system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Alighoda2(m): 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
wapo:
bro don't give up, you will get there
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by ItzBIM(m): 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
Achillesdam500:

Bro are you sure our minds are not connected?
I suddenly developed a huge thirst for Croatian citizenship this evening.. in case you get a way..Quote me so we can connect..A bro needs help

Make sure you do proper research don’t just go to a country because ur like their football team.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by engrrichie92(m): 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
Some of you don't realise something..that life is not always black and white, it could be green, orange, rtf
I mean it comes with different variations and twists

I still stay with my Mum and family But technically they stay with me..
Coz I pay the rent and foot the bills..
Paying 2 house rents won't let me leave
Hopefully, these useless government will pay her entitlements and I will be free to go

So...can you say, my life has not started?..huh?

6 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
No one here in his 30s. Una dey make me feel like agbaya.

Hook or crook by December i go start life.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Dollarship(m): 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
wapo:
shocked
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by morgang(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
Oh well, my life really started quite a while. My dad has passed on since 2010. My uncle sponsored my university education degree until it got to 400L. He only pays for my school fees and accommodation (Hostel accommodation on campus)... monthly allowance isn’t included cause I had to fend for myself however it comes.

Somehow towards 300-400L I became wholly dependent on myself and God. I hustled hard and by the grace of God I’m now a corper. I’m 23; I Own a car (just recently) and a comfortable rented apartment for an average bachelor lol... still got a handful of savings but thinking of a good investment and business to do...

My life has always started, I never get a break from it..

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by annayawchee: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
I think my life officially started on July 29th 2014 when my mom was lowered and it dawned on me that those tall dreams of Minnesota might as well be gone... I became independent technically at 18.... Now am almost 22, the only bills I don't pay is house rent... And it's painful knowing you got elder ones who doesn't actually want to know how you do or feel simply because you work so they are assume you are perfectly OK.... Have realized that I am all have got!!
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Dami12345: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
MysteryFinder:
My own life began last year at the death of my granddad. We visited our village Igbajo in Osun state. I saw sumtin in his collections that changed my life. I was 25years then.

Give us the story naw, this is an anonymous forum, your privacy is assured,
I'll like to know what you found.
Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by xbalm(m): 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2018
Started life at 21.

I was a naive chap who got carried away and lost out barely 100 days to the day I was to be rewarded for the about 5 years intensive military training I survived. Life was hard; emotionally and financially. I was mocked, ridiculed and humiliated and failure written all over me. All my life growing up was smooth. I headed almost all the phases of my life growth and led even older peers. I never knew what failure felt like. At 21, life became almost impossible, the experience was terryfying.
I made a decision to refuse to stay down and remain a failure. The battle was hard and the sacrifices were huge. I had to begin life all over again. Did funny jobs that helped me understand fear and the virtue of humility. I never stopped working on myself since then, whatever it took. The objective was clear; to win.
8 years later, I am a fulfilled millionaire who gets paid for doing what he passionately enjoys doing, I am a better person and a success by all standards.

I hope this gives strenght to people out there who feel defeated and hopeless. Never give up on yourself, you can always get better if you work on it. The goal is to win, however slow and hopeless your situation seems. Believe in yourself, refuse to stay down!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by MrMakaveli20(m): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
wapo:
Hang in there bro. it will pass. I did jamb 4 times before I got admitted to the University. but today, I can't even remember those trying times. focus and remain committed to your goals. you will surely scale through.

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
Blackfyre:
I don't think my life has started yet. I think i am still in preparatory phase.

But the beginning of the preparatory phase started for me the year my dad died which was phase one, the second and more important phase was the year i met the Creator.

Yes, preparatory phase, that is where I am too and it started for me at 15.
But, still in the preparatory phase, I'm "living",
On the way....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Career Jobs Can One Get As A Science Laboratory Tech Graduate (SSLT & ISLT) / Buhari To Fire 6000 Workers In FAAN, NAMA NCAA / Is There Any Advantage Of Having A HSE Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.