Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun (22317 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad / Kemi Adeosun Forged NYSC Certificate - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by edonks1: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2018
She suppose to serve and not to be exempted. So a big gap. She forged it.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by greggng: 7:55am On Jul 11, 2018
InvertedHammer:
NYSC said she applied for exemption.
But she was 22 years at graduation. How possible?

Then there is a certificate of completion. Did she serve? Where? Who were her service mates? If not, where did the certificate come from?

The certificate is secondary. Did she serve or was she exempted?

/

Nysc said she applied for exemption.. that means she didn't serve. During graduation and one is above 30years, one will not serve. One can still graduate at 22 in a foreign land and decide to work their ...after some time she or he can apply for nysc exemption. Depending on the circumstances let's not make a big deal over petty issue
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by clefstone(m): 7:59am On Jul 11, 2018
contigiency:

Oga it's not only age that determines whether one could be granted exemption.
she doesn't/didn't fall into all known criteria for exemption. Abi she be olokpa before?
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by abumeinben(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2018
kentebemoney:

I think the FG is the target, she just happen to be a pawn in this game and 2019 election is the champions league final.
These men in the opposition have things on this government, I feel we'll hear more in time

Bro, those fulanis got no love for anything or anyone else outside their clan. Look at Osinbajo. Left for them, they'd kick him out without a thought. Kemi is just their to balance conventional"unwanted" equation.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by princejenks(m): 8:18am On Jul 11, 2018
contigiency:

Have you not checked the NYSC site to find out that it is not only age that can make one to apply for exemption. The paper that was stressing on age should have done so too.
yeah dats true but she still doesn't qualify cos she's not a member of the security agencies or have a national honor. let's not distract from the point here,she clearly isn't qualified for an exemption and secondly the nysc certificate she's carrying needs to be authenticated by the issuer,this is very simple and straight forward
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by princejenks(m): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2018
greggng:

Nysc said she applied for exemption.. that means she didn't serve. During graduation and one is above 30years, one will not serve. One can still graduate at 22 in a foreign land and decide to work their ...after some time she or he can apply for nysc exemption. Depending on the circumstances let's not make a big deal over petty issue
it's not a petty issue pls,we are talking forgery and likely perjury too cos she swore on oath. We may consider ourselves a lawless people but it doesn't change the fact that we have laws which can be applied when called upon. You are qualified for exemption when you graduate at over 30 years or if you meet the other criteria for exemption which she clearly didn't meet yet she applied. The question then is was she later granted the exemption,if yes,that's clearly against the law,if no,the certificate she's branding is clearly fake. The law clearly states she needs that nysc certificate to be eligible for that public office she's occupying,and now her certificate is in contention so she needs to clear the air alongside the body that issued the certificate. For an administration that considers itself
as saints compared with previous administrations,I don't think a thorough investigation of this case should be overlooked cos failing to do so is a massive stain on their reputation

2 Likes

Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by VULCAN(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2018
A rather brilliant analysis but since it ignores a major reality and assumes another not yet in evidence it is brilliantly flawed.

You assume that Kemi did not forge her exemption certificate. No such facts have been presented. On the contrary the facts presented so far actually point in that direction.

For the sake of argument let us take your view that Kemi applied and was granted an exemption, she could ONLY have done so with forged documents claiming that she graduated at over 30 (whereas everyone in Nigeria now knows she graduated at 22).

Which one is easier to forge? A single NYSC exemption certificate or the numerous documents that support your claim you were over 30 when you graduated?

I leave you to ponder that point.

You also assumed that NYSC is telling the truth that Kemi actually applied. Hmmm.

An application letter can easily be created and backdated since it stands alone unlike an approval or certificate that must be part of a group of documents. But let us assume that NYSC is telling us the truth that she applied. This brings me to the point that you ignored...

...the fact that Kemi has no legal right to even apply for an exemption based on the provisions of eligibility. Her exemption document(real or forged) states that her exemption is on the basis of age.

Also you are wrong in stating that her application (if indeed it happened in 2009) is not a crime. She claimed age as a basis for exemption (which we now know is untrue). Misrepresentation to enjoy a benefit one is not due is a crime anywhere and everywhere. It's fraud. But as I have argued above, I don't believe she did apply in 2009 and one of the minor reasons I believe so is her exemption certificate differs in size and shape from the norm and the absence of her name on the exemption list. NYSC's silence on the latter is too deafening to ignore.

geometricaxis:
The OP is just as bad as premium times....actually he is worse.

Kemi applied for exemption through the official channels, she may not be eligible but it is not a crime to apply. Liability falls on NYSC for issuing an exemption to someone who does not meet the criteria for exemption. Like I have said many times on this forum, that is not kemi's business. it is the job of NYSC to reject her application.

The problem with Kemi is twofold and those who are trying to bring her down should put forward the correct argument which is as follows.

1. She worked as a managing director frrom 2000-2009 WITHOUT an exemption, which in itself is illegal..That is the only thing which we know for sure as a crime on her part.

2. Since her current exemption is clearly an oversight or a mistake by NYSC (lets give NYSC the benefit of doubt), NYSC should therefore revoke the certificate immediately.

3. upon revocation of said certificate, she clearly is not qualified to be a finance minister or to hold any public office in Nigeria and should therefore resign immediately.

End of story!!

Lets stop wasting our energies on emotive language like forged because there is no proof, this is why EFCC make noise and never secure convictions. As I said NYSC have acknowledged she applied and have not come out to say they didnt issue a certificate and i doubt they will. To say she forged a cert is moronic based on available info, lets deal in facts please, what is fact is that she has no basis for an exemption and so her certificate should be revoked and consequently she must resign because she is not qualified to be a minister.

Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by VULCAN(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2018
The basis for age exemption is not that you returned from a foreign land at age 45.

The basis for age exemption is you finished your first degree after the age of 30 years. Please work with the law and not sentiments.

PS. The NYSC law on exemption is very clear and is all over the internet because of this Kemi matter. Kindly read up.

greggng:

Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by Psoul(m): 8:59am On Jul 11, 2018
clarocuzioo:
These BMC are pathetic people, are you now the mouth piece of the person involved? She has not even acknowledged or denied this, she has been suspicuously silent fuelling the speculation.
Let her issue a statement regarding this situation then we take it up from there.
Her continued silence is seen as an affiemation to the rumour flying.

Frustrating silence. The silence of a wicked and dangerous person. Just like the Chadian Dictator, Hissene Habre
Hissene Habre did not speak a single word during his eight-month trial, never looking at the hundreds of victims that gave their testimonies.
Can u imagine this kind of wickedness.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by Psoul(m): 9:05am On Jul 11, 2018
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her Unity
To uphold her honour and glory
So help me God.

How can I be proud to answer a Nigerian when all those that should be living by example are the ones dishonouring this country?

I swear, this is not my country.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by sweetrace(f): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2018
agabaI23:
Like seriously? Which job? Her job requires integrity. If she is a fraudster, she has no business handling our finances or don't you think so?

If you find out that bank manager of your bank is an active yahoo plus guy or even was linked to yahoo yahoo, will you leave your money there?

Babe reason am naa

True〰 but should the reporters not investigate thoroughly before reporting it〰 While it is true that we have a history of corrupt leaders〰 should she not be proven guilty before going public. Maybe her removal will favor some faceless people.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by akdamsTHE47(m): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2018
Simple question. If you graduate before age 30 and were not in any form of military before, should you be given an exemption certificate?
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by agabaI23(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2018
sweetrace:

True〰 but should the reporters not investigate thoroughly before reporting it〰 While it is true that we have a history of corrupt leaders〰 should she not be proven guilty before going public. Maybe her removal will favor some faceless people.
May be you should read their first report and subsequent ones. You will see that they started investigation since April and only went public because NYSC would not answer their questions.

She is doing no job actually.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by queenDD(f): 11:09am On Jul 11, 2018
echelons:
How's does her forgery have anything to do with Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
She should dance her shameful dance alone.

I did my NYSC, spent my one year in the villages of Edo state passing knowledge to younger ones, hoping that allawi go come or that Oshiomhole will change his mind and add extra to us for survival, we did this to obey that Clarion call, yet one mofo will skip the assignment, come back to Nigeria, forge the certificate and start living off the government as if she's born differently. And some God-forsaken folks will come and be writing half backed nonsense trying to defend it.

I paid my dues, she didn't and so doesn't deserve any accolades.

Lol, people dey vex o.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by nairalee(m): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2018
iamjavadem:
See the pot calling the kettle black, you also sound like a paid agent, lolzt.

Wow can u listen to urself... U sound like u just recieved credit alert... Just tell us how much dem pay u
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by ofwest47(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2018
To a medicine man a deceased village is a good village and to a media man bad news is good news . Everybody knows that Premium Times is being sponsored by powerful corrupt superlative looters whose system of getting into the Federation account to continue looting has been blocked by the minister Adeosun, for example the payment of some private institution staff and business enterprises through Federation account. We have heard of several cases of fake govt. staff payment not only at Federal level but also spread to some states in the country, all these system of going illegally into the Federation account having been blocked by the minster did not go down well to them so they had to use the media whose bad news is usually good news to them by using fraudulent and fake news to destroy their victims.
Whether they like it or not Kemi Adeosun remains the Finance Minister as much as Buhari remains the country's President. Though corruption is trying to fight back using the media and other social media means they will still be defeated hands down by all legal means possible.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2018
Reference:

Told them this anti corruption thing will turn back and bite them. You can imagine what will happen when the APC eventually loses power and they are held to account with the same vigour they hold others accountable.

The summary is clear. We have wasted three years. Instead of pursuing national development and cohesiveness, restructuring and economic re-engineering the populace were just swayed by Mr. President's unfinished business of selective vendetta. Now the traps are all catching the hunters and they are the ones yelping like wounded animals.... just fed up.

you are fed up but you will do nothing about it, you are fed up but you will still vote for the same recycled people
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by stepone(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2018
With all I have read so far, most of you fail to understand that not only when you are 30 years of age you are eligible for exemption. Even at your 20's, you can apply for exemption.

Go to NYSC site to read for your self.

http://www.nysc.gov.ng/certcollectexp.html
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
VULCAN:
A rather brilliant analysis but since it ignores a major reality and assumes another not yet in evidence it is brilliantly flawed.

You assume that Kemi did not forge her exemption certificate. No such facts have been presented. On the contrary the facts presented so far actually point in that direction.

For the sake of argument let us take your view that Kemi applied and was granted an exemption, she could ONLY have done so with forged documents claiming that she graduated at over 30 (whereas everyone in Nigeria now knows she graduated at 22).

Which one is easier to forge? A single NYSC exemption certificate or the numerous documents that support your claim you were over 30 when you graduated?

I leave you to ponder that point.

You also assumed that NYSC is telling the truth that Kemi actually applied. Hmmm.

An application letter can easily be created and backdated since it stands alone unlike an approval or certificate that must be part of a group of documents. But let us assume that NYSC is telling us the truth that she applied. This brings me to the point that you ignored...

...the fact that Kemi has no legal right to even apply for an exemption based on the provisions of eligibility. Her exemption document(real or forged) states that her exemption is on the basis of age.

Also you are wrong in stating that her application (if indeed it happened in 2009) is not a crime. She claimed age as a basis for exemption (which we now know is untrue). Misrepresentation to enjoy a benefit one is not due is a crime anywhere and everywhere. It's fraud. But as I have argued above, I don't believe she did apply in 2009 and one of the minor reasons I believe so is her exemption certificate differs in size and shape from the norm and the absence of her name on the exemption list. NYSC's silence on the latter is too deafening to ignore.

your analysis is nonsense and based on emotion if not outright stupidity not fact. I didnt bother reading the rest the minute I saw the word forgery. There is as at today no evidence of forgery, deal in facts not sentiment. We are Nigerians and we know how the system works. A woman of Adeosuns background will not present a forged certificate, a woman of Adeosuns background will not be so stupid as to forge NYSC certificate and present such to the Senate. What most likely happened is that someone promised her they can arrange the NYSC for her. It happens all the time, it's an NYSC scam, There are many returnees (I know this) with NYSC discharge/exemption cerificates issued by NYSC themselves who have never seen NYSC uniform or NYSC office in their lives. It likely simply backfired on her because of who she is. Someone in NYSC probably said no problem we can do it and produced a legitimate certificate, except it cant be truly legitimate because she doesnt meet the criteria. My theory..again not stating it as fact

Lets stop pretending as if we dont live in Nigeria. As an example, thousands of cars are smuggled through benin every year. The law says it is illegal to bring a car through the land borders. However one overzealous corrupt customs official will tell you he can regularise your customs papers and he will collect money from you and give you genuine papers. However when customs stop you on the road and you go and verify you will find out your papers are worthless, why? because the system will not allow you pay duty on a car that has no bill of lading and so the system cannot approve your duty payment. What has happenned to Adeosun is likely similar but you know what this is theory not fact.

Abeg lets use our brains or at least pretend we have one. when we start to argue based on sentiment not fact we end up looking like someone without a brain. What matters is fact what you can prove, not supposition or hearsay. NYSC has said she applied, who are you to say they are lying? if they are trying to cover up for her as you say it will come out because in the fullness of time people will demand to see the letter with which she applied and put in under scrutiny. Until then, an agency of the govt has said she applied, who do you think a court will listen to? a govt record or some m*ron on Nairaland without proof? If you dont have proof then shut the F up because it is now on record and admisibble in court that she did indeed apply, no court will entertain your moronic theiory that they are lying unless you can prove they are. This is not about beer parlour theories but what you can prove. why are we so dull?

Nigerians are really dull people, you have an open goal and instead you are kicking the ball into throwing. Kemi Adeosun herself has submitted documents with her own hands that show she has commited a crime. The crime of working as a managing director for 8 years without NYSC exemption or discharge. that is enough for her to resign. Instead you are focusing of pie in the sky forgery that you cant prove. why are we so dull?
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by sweetrace(f): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
agabaI23:
May be you should read their first report and subsequent ones. You will see that they started investigation since April and only went public because NYSC would not answer their questions.

She is doing no job actually.

They went public because Nysc Won't answer their questions isn't good enough. That isn't the ministers fault. That is so wrong and another level of corruption. Please think about it. The onus is on them to prove that their information is correct. They failed and they still went public.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by CioAngels(f): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
nairalee:
The writer is also guilty of his/her own accusation. You accused Premium times of being hasty... Same as u, what don't u wait for the accused to at least clear the air?u accused premium times of sentiment yet ur sentiment is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf... U sound like a paid agent... U accused premium times of corruption fighting back... But you are arguably corrupt and also fighting back

Please let us not derail from the world cup
ENGLAND VS CROATIA TOMORROW
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by CioAngels(f): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
nairalee:
The writer is also guilty of his/her own accusation. You accused Premium times of being hasty... Same as u, what don't u wait for the accused to at least clear the air?u accused premium times of sentiment yet ur sentiment is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf... U sound like a paid agent... U accused premium times of corruption fighting back... But you are arguably corrupt and also fighting back

Please let us not derail from the world cup
ENGLAND VS CROATIA TOMORROW
No, he doesn't sound like s corrupt agent, he is a corrupt agent who is working to be paid. Why Kemi cannot defend herself if in deed she is not s forger. Who really is genuinely an educated Nigerian in the civil service?
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by CioAngels(f): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
folly22:
Because they use the man's signature doesn't mean it's not a forged certificate. Let NYSC come out clean. It doesn't take forever to verify that. Instead of them to answer the question being thrown at them, they were busy beaten the bush that she applied. Even if she applied but she wasn't qualified.
The people in the government establishment see other Nigerians as fools and expect them to believe their lies whenever they foolishly tell it. So, this is what I'm educated is all about? Lies and forging certificates. No wonder Nigeria is stagnant, retrogression. Nigeria, ko pass ko fail ko kuron class. What a waste on education by those who flaunts bought certificates.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by CioAngels(f): 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
abumeinben:

Bro, those fulanis got no love for anything or anyone else outside their clan. Look at Osinbajo. Left for them, they'd kick him out without a thought. Kemi is just their to balance conventional"unwanted" equation.
Let's assume your opinion is right, why is the Kemi not coming out to speak and clear herself?
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by abumeinben(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
CioAngels:
Let's assume your opinion is right, why is the Kemi not coming out to speak and clear herself?

Do I sound like I give a damn about Kemi? She's obviously a fraud.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by InvertedHammer: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
greggng:

/
Since you are her PRO, where did the certificate come from if she didn't serve?

/
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by greggng: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Since you are her PRO, where did the certificate come from if she didn't serve?

/

It came from mischievous people like you . Whose mission is to pull her down. Allow due process to follow...nysc must clear this whole issue....not gullible people like u
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by echelons(m): 1:58am On Jul 12, 2018
Truthcat:
Your mother is already the dumb one and you can always call her that when you feel like it. Just like you ibos asked Evans to be released exactly.

Save your rules and listen!

There are thousands of rules you don't follow in that Nigeria but that's not the issue.

What I'm saying is, if it's airtight that all foreign students must have exemption or certificate, show us her predecessor's certificate for scrutiny if this is not an hatchet job.

The rest of what you wrote is probably trash so I won't bother reading it.

Dumb tribalist.
As much as I admire your stupidity though, Nigeria and Nigerians will definitely do without your kind of warped thinking.

Bye and please don't quote me again as your thought process is definitely corrupt and unproductive.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by Truthcat: 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
Thunder strike your oloriburuku mother that gave birth to you were abugije.

echelons:

Dumb tribalist.
As much as I admire your stupidity though, Nigeria and Nigerians will definitely do without your kind of warped thinking.

Bye and please don't quote me again as your thought process is definitely corrupt and unproductive.

Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by Truthcat: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
You alread know it's a worthless piece of paper. Adeosun is smarter than anyone in your lineage
will ever be. She can't respond to nonsense when it wasn't issue when she was appointed, y`all are going to fall in your own gallow.
FatherJP:

. So my NYSC cert is a useless sheet of paper that akara sellers do not even value ? Continue.

I hope you know that certificate you called useless has kept Adeosun dumb more than a week now and probably taking her to the gallows.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by Truthcat: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
Let the change begin with you first.
Reference:

But the people you holla about have never flown the kite....(drone these days) of anti-corruption that this government and its agents have been mouthing all about including the person in question, so why are you enraged when they hold them to the high standards they set for themselves. Now change no longer begins with them. I warned that corruption was not the main problem of Nigeria. You folks said no. Now enjoy.
Re: Premium Times And The Hatchet Job Against Kemi Adeosun by Guestlander: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
VULCAN:
The basis for age exemption is not that you returned from a foreign land at age 45.

The basis for age exemption is you finished your first degree after the age of 30 years. Please work with the law and not sentiments.

PS. The NYSC law on exemption is very clear and is all over the internet because of this Kemi matter. Kindly read up.

What does the law say about someone born abroad, lived abroad all her life, had all her education abroad and came back to Nigeria after the age of 30?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Start Deducting N614 Billion From States This Month / There's No Difference Between Oshiomhole And Donald Trump – Idahosa / Osinbajo: God Made Me VP To Serve Nigerians As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.