Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,249 members, 7,853,271 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) (37088 Views)

Unlawful Logging Of Milliken Hill: Enugu Govt Issues Final Warning To Defaulters / Enugu: The Story Of An Abandoned People And How They Fared (pix) / Is It True That This State Has The Most Beautiful Road Landscape In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by 4Forty: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
Baroba:

Not to put a downer on this, but this road was originally carved out from Milken Hill by the British back in the 50s, during colonial era..One of the most durable roads in Nigeria, didn't see any major repair for almost 50 years, a testament to British civil engineering..What Ugwuanyi did was to give it a cosmetic facelift, the original design have always been like this..

This road use to serve those traveling to the North, West from the East before Enugu - OSHA express was built.. The traffic back then was hellish, especially during Xmas..

Kudos to him all the same, but it's nothing special..

It was actually constructed in 1914. Was last resurfaced/refurbished in 1982.

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
DonPiiko:
he only decorated it that road has been there for a long time, I pass that road anytime I go to my villa.
the road look too beautiful to be a nigerian road.just look at the beautiful vegetation surrounding it. Fulani herdsmen never see dis road or else dem for don use their cow poo poo deface the road plus those guys wey dey do Agbegi truck business wey dey cut wood for forest dey put am for their truckcheesy. If dem know about this road dem go sneak for night enter d forest start to dey fall down all the treescheesy. Anyway the Governor try well well.Seems enugu will become d next calabar.

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
Baroba:

Not to put a downer on this, but this road was originally carved out from Milken Hill by the British back in the 50s, during colonial era..One of the most durable roads in Nigeria, didn't see any major repair for almost 50 years, a testament to British civil engineering..What Ugwuanyi did was to give it a cosmetic facelift, the original design have always been like this..

This road use to serve those traveling to the North, West from the East before Enugu - OSHA express was built.. The traffic back then was hellish, especially during Xmas..

Kudos to him all the same, but it's nothing special..
constructed in the 50sshocked? And d road is still standingshocked..? Our modern roads that we now contruct these days hardly even last 5 months. If rain fall e go wash off d road.
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by 4Forty: 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
Gaddafiyusf:

This is one the most dangerous road in Nigeria. You will know if have used the road. Very dangerous

Not true my dear! I and others have passed through it daily without mishap. You only need the level of caution any good driver should have

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by deomelo: 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
lol @ the most beautiful road in Nigeria..

Don't you mean the most beautiful road in ipob village?

These Igbos their ignorant chest beating sef...
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by 4Forty: 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
linkdan:
Why does a nice road of this nature not have drainage? You will not recognize this road again after 2 years.

Not true! The road have drainages and has existed for 103years!
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by 4Forty: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
Willjay:
You didn't consider how many people the road has killed too and how many cars are in the bush

Just as many as have perished on any other Nigerian road
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
Trucks are not allowed to ply this road it is winding and has many bends, the put barriers on it, herdsmen even killed people in Enugu one time like that. The governor was busy crying.
lefulefu:
the road look too beautiful to be a nigerian road.just look at the beautiful vegetation surrounding it. Fulani herdsmen never see dis road or else dem for don use their cow poo poo deface the road plus those guys wey dey do Agbegi truck business wey dey cut wood for forest dey put am for their truckcheesy. If dem know about this road dem go sneak for night enter d forest start to dey fall down all the treescheesy. Anyway the Governor try well well.Seems enugu will become d next calabar.
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
IgboAmakaa:
Ugwuanyi is a goal

Enugu is a goal

Oselobua!!! Is this 9ja?

Beautiful!!!
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
DonPiiko:
Trucks are not allowed to ply this road it is winding and has many bends, the put barriers on it, herdsmen even killed people in Enugu one time like that. The governor was busy crying.
wise choice that trucks are prevented from plying the road. Some of the small roads for edo state that was constructed for smaller cars...dem Dangote trucks don scatter the roads.
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Iamgrey5(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
lefulefu:
they will turn everywhere to poo poo colony
Bro anyone that calls what I am seeing in that picture the most beautiful road in Nigeria is truly from a village.

I am not trying to cause a tribal war, but there's many of such roads all across Nigeria.

It was only painted and a lot of bitumen was used in constructing the road.

This is the second time today the road will be reaching front page.

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Bro anyone that calls what I am seeing in that picture the most beautiful road in Nigeria is truly from a village.

I am not trying to cause a tribal war, but there's many of such roads all across Nigeria.

It was only painted and a lot of bitumen was used in constructing the road.

This is the second time today the road will be reaching front page.
but the road is truely beautiful.the vegetation even brings out the beauty more. There are other cities in naija that have nice roads but then this issue of cow poo poo littering most nigerian roads and the lack of vegetation dey remove the beauty it needs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Iamgrey5(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2018
lefulefu:
but the road is truely beautiful.the vegetation even brings out the beauty more. There are other cities in naija that have nice roads but then this issue of cow poo poo littering most nigerian roads and the lack of vegetation dey remove the beauty it needs.
The road is just normal bro. The vegetation is simply thick bush surrounding the road.

It's just a a simple two lane road. I am not easily impressed by roads

Yes, you have a point about the poor maintenance culture of Nigerias

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Nemeogo: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
Guru's is working. Enugu is in the hand of God
No vacancy in lion building come 2019. Ur good works speaks for u
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by jessikoholic: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
Biko tell him to fix our traffic light too. it haff stopped working. tainx
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by LZAA: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
immhotep:

Nigger-Areans will not be happy with this.

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by romeo(m): 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
namet:
Nice but still prone to accidents. Speed bumps should be used to reduce speeding motorists, otherwise the road will become a death valley as many vehicles will end up in the ditches and valleys.

The real attraction in the picture, however, is the fact that rural Nigeria is beautiful and peaceful than the urban slums like Lagos

Enugu city is rural Nigeria?
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Epeak: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
e-Peak Systems is a technology solutions company, strategically focused on helping our clients reduce operational costs and enhance efficiency.
The company was founded in 2007 and it celebrated 11 years of providing excellent services in Nigeria and Africa in 2018.
We have provided services across all 36 states of Nigeria, Kenya, Mozambique, Ghana, Malawi, Chad and Gabon. Our clientele come from diverse industries, including banking, telecom, healthcare, e-business, oil & gas, religious, government and consumers.

We Offer:
Power Solutions
IT Solutions
Career Solutions

Visit here for more details.
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by futurism: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
IgboAmakaa:

as in it looks like obodo oyibo whether
lol.. na camera make am look like that. special effect
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by romeo(m): 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
Vivuch:
From this picture I am seeing here, this is a reconstructed millkin hill. I like this new one. Bye bye to ugwuonyeama highway.

Which one is ugwuonyeama highway? That is Milken Hill road.
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by romeo(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
Vivuch:
From this picture I am seeing here, this is a reconstructed millkin hill. I like this new one. Bye bye to ugwuonyeama highway.

Which one is ugwuonyeama highway? That is Milken Hill road. Lol
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Rapsino(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
The first tym I apply this road I was afraid. I confess

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by inyenejo(m): 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
Quality roads in PDP States not the type we have here in Owerri, roads will collapse three weeks after construction in Owerri

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by ArinzeAnthony03: 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
Kudo to the govonor for reconstructing that road. The commissioner of works in that state did a very poor job on the Roadmarking. That road is full of dangerous bends,why putting broken lines on the centre instead of solid lines? That's a safety hazard on that road because those broken lines at the centre means that vehicle are free to overtake one another on it. We all know that drivers are not suppose to overtake on a dangerous bend. I guess the commissioner is a novice in road furnishing. Uguwuanyi thanks a lot.

Guy every one plying that road knows that nothing like overtaking because the whole road is not straight...
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Ochima75(m): 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
Over praising

1 of the major reasons naija governors continue to gv us peanuts

BTW....Thr ain't special abt ths road tho
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
ArinzeAnthony03:

Guy every one plying that road knows that nothing like overtaking because the whole road is not straight...
..Are you a traffic and highway Engineer?. Guess you re not that's why you re talking like this.The road not being straight is the more reason they should ve putting a solid line at the centre and not broken lines.

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by NwaforIgbo: 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
This is not just a road, its a tourist site and a historical site. The greenery is something else, I doubt there is any state that has a road with this kind of demography.

1 Like

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Xander85: 1:57am On Jul 14, 2018
gwama:
If Nigeria were a safe country, it would be the country most visited by foreign tourists in West Africa. cool cool

Exactly! The Mambilla/Obudu highlands should have been brimming with tourists out trekking with their guides. They could also be a location for films as well.

3 Likes

Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Emeks008(m): 8:12am On Jul 15, 2018
bigfrancis21:

In order, which of the 3 languages in Ette has the highest speakers to the least?

Idoma is the major language in Ette followed by igala and then igbo. Ette have a very large land mass and share boundary with igala people of Kogi state.
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Vivuch: 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2018
romeo:

Which one is ugwuonyeama highway? That is Milken Hill road.
ugwu onyeama is the major highway, but milken hill is just another route to 9thmile Ngwo pine forest. The picture there is milken hill, I mean no need of plying that major highway.
Re: Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos) by Ibadanpikin: 1:30pm On May 24, 2020
Best street in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is The Ajegunle CNN Won't Show You / Germany Set To Deport Many Nigerian Migrants On Monday / Adamu Abdulhamid’s Degree Is Fake - London Graduate School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.