Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

"60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA (32413 Views)

Fehintoluwa Okegbenle Rides Bike From Lagos To Onitsha And Back Within A Day / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 13, 2018
Hmmmmmmm
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 11:02am On Jul 13, 2018
OkutaNla:

Guy, you are the drop out here. I have showed you evidence that rubbishes your argument that '60%' of imported good end up in Onitsha. That is not possible coz the largest consumer markets for those goods are closer to Lagos than Onitsha. #Fact. Igbos are not the only importers in Nigeria. #Another Fact. Nigeria imports more than Okrika and spare parts which you folks are known for. E.g, no be only una dey import cars, refined petrol, e.t.c. #FAct. Go to bed coz your arguments holds no water.
You're very ignorant, Onitsha Market is the largest market in Africa based on geographical size and volume of goods

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Octaves(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2018
why can't they finish the river port and decongest Lagos. why is Port Harcourt being starved of cargo. Nigerian politics!

2 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by xquire(m): 11:03am On Jul 13, 2018
Second Naija bridge compromised by BPP

and you still believing a port will come through while the North already have two ports under Buhari?

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by elmodee7(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2018
Oviconji:
The mod that banned me for speaking about terroristic bokohhari should know that you can't silent me. The thunder that will fire you is doing preesup. Mark my words. angry

This news is not too encouraging. It is not good for the long term that Onitsha economy is too dependent on importation.
SHUT UP IDIOT. most of the imports by ipob Criminals are substand fake goods, esp fake drugs.onitsha is a hub for fake drugs

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 13, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
If 60% of the importation goes to Onitsha alone, that means Onitsha generates 60% of Custom's import Revenues.

When you factor in those heavy importers in Aba, and Igbo importers in Lagos, you can safely say Ndi Igbo contibutes over 80% of Custom's import revenues.

When you exclude export tariffs, which is so minimal, it means Ndi Igbo are responsible for over 70% of Custom Revenue.

Again, when you consider that the fact that Nigeria is an importing nation, you will see that Igbo runs this economy.

Remove SE/SS Nigeria will collapse. (True Talk)

lol.....

we go die for one Nigeria.
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Patrioticooduan: 11:05am On Jul 13, 2018
OkutaNla:

Oodua till d.i.e. I don't need to convince any Biafrat about that. Left to me this fraudulent contraption would end today. I believe Nigeria is living on borrowed time. I posit that in 5-years Nigeria may cease to exist.
Thank you jare Omoluabi.
Oodua Republic for life. There are many Yorubas that support it wholeheartedly.
Yorubas will leave Nigeria soon

2 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 13, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

If 60% of imported cargoes go to Onitsha alone, that means Onitsha controls your life.

Redirect those cargoes, and Lagos won't have money to chop again. (Fact)

Fact.

4 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Walexybobo(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2018
Iffa hear. abegi our mumu don do jare. just go drill borehole for ur village instead.
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2018
Juliusmalema:

lol.....
we go die for one Nigeria.
Lol.
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 13, 2018
let that concession be now....i mean now...

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:
Thank you jare Omoluabi. Oodua Republic for life. There are many Yorubas that support it wholeheartedly. Yorubas will leave Nigeria soon
One shot in air and the rally ground will clear pass sahara.
Next!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by tpnatuzzi: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2018
Obviously that is from failed promises of your inefficeint buffoon. Because this present government just clocked three years plus, so you should be directing your questions to them.

Esseite:
Meanwhile kaduna and baro ports are practically up and running while Onitsha is still on concession promise 5 years after.

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by d33types: 11:13am On Jul 13, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Do you even know what consumer market is?

In case you don't know, it equates the size of your population. If the size of Town A's population is 200 and Town B's is 150, there consumer markets are 200 and 150 respectively.

India have larger consumer market than US, yet US is still richer.

India does not have a larger consumer market than the US despite their population.

Even for food consumption the US tops the charts worldwide.
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by mbos: 11:14am On Jul 13, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Minister, stop deceiving yourselves as you have no plans of making the Onisha port functional.

Dont mind him, they have not even dredged the river well enough to allow vessels in.

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by linkszelda: 11:17am On Jul 13, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

If 60% of imported cargoes go to Onitsha alone, that means Onitsha controls your life.

Redirect those cargoes, and Lagos won't have money to chop again. (Fact)

Correction ; 60% of substandard cargo imports goes to Onitsha alone e.g spare parts, fake drugs, okrika, fake tires the list is endless.

And for your info imports weaken an economy. For you to have a developing economy, you need to export more than what you import to bring about balance of trade

2 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Patrioticooduan: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

You're very ignorant, Onitsha Market is the largest market in Africa based on geographical size and volume of goods
aribisala0 and omonnakoda see your brother

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2018
tpnatuzzi:

Obviously that is from failed promises of your inefficeint buffoon. Because this present government just clocked three years plus, so you should be directing your questions to them.

Little wonder why APC is rejected in the East..

4 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2018
OkutaNla:

Guy, you are the drop out here. I have showed you evidence that rubbishes your argument that '60%' of imported good end up in Onitsha. That is not possible coz the largest consumer markets for those goods are closer to Lagos than Onitsha. #Fact. Igbos are not the only importers in Nigeria. #Another Fact. Nigeria imports more than Okrika and spare parts which you folks are known for. E.g, no be only una dey import cars, refined petrol, e.t.c, you name it. #FAct. Go to bed coz your arguments holds no water.
Illiteracy is a disease.

Do you know it is Onitsha main market and Ariaria Int'l market Aba that service the entire North, Southern Niger Republic and SS?

Go to Milverton Aba any time and you will see the volume of goods leaving for North.

Go Osha in Onitsha and you will collapse as a result of volumn of goods leaving for the North.

To to Cemetary market Aba or Akwa Ibom park Ariria and you will see the volumn of goods leaving Aba for SS.

Go to Oil Market on Wednesdays and you will see the volumn of goods that enter Rivers from Aba weekly.

SE controls Nigeria distribution network and consumer market. (True Talk)

SE is very strategic in Nigeria commerce. (Fact)

Leave Lagos-Ibadan expressway University, u no gree.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by PointZerom: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Which economy? Keep consoling yourself. Even minority tribes in Niger-delta don't boast like this. Lols! You don't control any economy.

Shut up, move round the biggest mkts in your region and tell me who the importers are.

7 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Patrioticooduan: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2018
PointZerom:

Shut up, move round the biggest mkts in your region and tell me who the importers are.
Yorubas

2 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by PointZerom: 11:22am On Jul 13, 2018
OkutaNla:

Guy, you are the drop out here. I have showed you evidence that rubbishes your argument that '60%' of imported good end up in Onitsha. That is not possible coz the largest consumer markets for those goods are closer to Lagos than Onitsha. #Fact. Igbos are not the only importers in Nigeria. #Another Fact. Nigeria imports more than Okrika and spare parts which you folks are known for. E.g, no be only una dey import cars, refined petrol, e.t.c, you name it. #FAct. Go to bed coz your arguments holds no water.

Check your house first and tell us who imported those things you're using.

10 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 11:23am On Jul 13, 2018
OkutaNla:

[s]
For your mind. lol. Below is the list of major Nigerian imports and their worth -- before some people come and claim that their substandard imported merchandise constitute the bulk of the revenues generated via SW ports. The S.E doesn't even have the largest consumer markets with the biggest purchasing power in the country (that title goes to the SW, the SS, and the North). Clowns.

Refined petroleum- 15% ($7.83-billion)
Cars- 3.4% ($1.75-billion)
Wheat - 2.8% ($1.46-billion)
Packaged medicaments - 1.4% ($752-million)
Rice - 1.4% ($706-million)
Concentrated Milk - 1.3% ($679-million)
Raw Sugar - 1.3% ($668-million)
Malt extract- 0.84% ($441-million)

Source:[/s]
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/visualize/tree_map/hs92/import/nga/all/show/2014/
You started with your lies and Oduduwa fabricated statistics and link, same you posted link and your purported chat to misinform gullible minds that Ogun produces rice more than all east combined together, until God disgraced you and your likes with fake Ogun rice pyramid, you have started again, Southeat control commerce, all Nigerias fully aware except bitter souls from west

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 11:26am On Jul 13, 2018
linkszelda:

Correction ; 60% of substandard cargo imports goes to Onitsha alone e.g spare parts, fake drugs, okrika, fake tires the list is endless.

And for your info imports weaken an economy. For you to have a developing economy, you need to export more than what you import to bring about balance of trade
You will keep shouting fake upandan till you kpai.

Aba is currently kitting Nigerian Army, Innoson services Nigerian Airforce Jet, Innoson exports cars to Mali, Engineer Kelechi built Nigerian Indigenous war ship (NNS Andoni), Emzor Paracetamol is Igbo owned product, Cutix one of the best electric cables in the world is owned by Ndi Igbo, Tiger spices is Igbo owned, Tonimas Lubricant is manufactured in Aba, you are probably wearing an Aba made cloth and by 3 PM today, another multi-million naira worths of products will leave Aba and Onitsha for the North and many of them will find their way into Niger from Kano.

Remove Aba and you are dead (Fact).

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by donb06: 11:27am On Jul 13, 2018
OkutaNla:

Oodua till I d.i.e. I don't need to convince any Biafrat about that. Left to me this fraudulent contraption would end today. I believe Nigeria is living on borrowed time. I posit that in 5-years Nigeria may cease to exist.
although u insulted biafra no problem.... as long as u support the disintegration of nigeria then we are friends.....bawo ni?

8 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by NwaliE01: 11:27am On Jul 13, 2018
This is Nigeria. You drill crude in the South, refined it in the north then transport it to the west.
We import cargo through the west and transport it to the East.
is there sense in this Kwan?
Government doest think the advantage she will gain if this cargoes are off the road.
What a country.

2 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 11:28am On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:
Yorubas
You mean those Alaye in Obalende shouting "Egbon anything for your boy?"

11 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ategberoson(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2018
if you want to get igbo votes just hype them they will give u votes without foresight

wonder why their contributions to economy as they claim had not made their region a world class in Nigeria
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by donb06: 11:31am On Jul 13, 2018
elmodee7:

SHUT UP IDIOT. most of the imports by ipob Criminals are substand fake goods, esp fake drugs.onitsha is a hub for fake drugs
at least codeine u took last week came form Onitsha abi? cool cool

7 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OkutaNla: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

You started with your lies and Oduduwa fabricated statistics and link, same you posted link and your purported chat to misinform gullible minds that Ogun produces rice more than all east combined together, until God disgraced you and your likes with fake Ogun rice pyramid, you have started again, Southeat control commerce, all Nigerias fully aware except bitter souls from west

cheesy Yeah, sure. You sabi pass this man abi?

3 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by samuelchimmy(m): 11:33am On Jul 13, 2018
60% percent of all cargo in Nigeria goes to onitsha?....
Im igbo, and yes igbo Amaka but also a refined statistician ... nna 60% of cargo going to onitsha is a huge fat lie.....

It might be much but no were near 60%

4 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OkutaNla: 11:33am On Jul 13, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Illiteracy is a disease.

Do you know it is Onitsha main market and Ariaria Int'l market Aba that service the entire North, Southern Niger Republic and SS?

Go to Milverton Aba any time and you will see the volume of goods leaving for North.

Go Osha in Onitsha and you will collapse as a result of volumn of goods leaving for the North.

To to Cemetary market Aba or Akwa Ibom park Ariria and you will see the volumn of goods leaving Aba for SS.

Go to Oil Market on Wednesdays and you will see the volumn of goods that enter Rivers from Aba weekly.

SE controls Nigeria distribution network and consumer market. (True Talk)

SE is very strategic in Nigeria commerce. (Fact)

Leave Lagos-Ibadan expressway University, u no gree.

Lol. No be me talk am o. Na those on the ground o...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Festac, Cars Burnt (Photos, Video) / Photo: Accident At Ikeja This Morning / Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.