Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

"60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA (33564 Views)

Fehintoluwa Okegbenle Rides Bike From Lagos To Onitsha And Back Within A Day / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ofemannnu: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Can you list all manufacturing industries Yoruba owns lest us compare, not all this fake links you guys are posting here with no credible foundation

Why don't you post an original one that will contradict it,clown.
We have gone through this before and you did not come anywhere near the industrial prowess of the Yorubas.You sound just like your predecessors..... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Open a thread for that
Even you leader Tinubu TVC is aware grin grin
This is just Nnewi second commercial city in Anambra

Nnewi city with most Naira-Billionaires per capita in Nigeria – Forbes

According to Forbes, Nnewi also produced the first billionaire in the country, Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, who founded the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), and was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1960.
His son, Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, who led Biafra to the Nigerian Civil War, was also a billionaire from the city.
Nnewi, nicknamed the Japan of Africa, is home to several automobile spare-parts dealers, and houses the only indigenous vehicle manufacturing plant in Nigerian Innoson Motors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCrUVZI_gTI

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by horsepower101: 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

This is one of the reasons I want Nigeria to split bro. I want to know the ethnic groups that have the capability to stand on their own and the ones that can't

Even if Nigeria manages to hold itself together, oil money will soon run out. That’s when you will truely know those that can survive without oil and those that have been making noise all these years

4 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by AreaFada2: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
WisdomFlakes:

I always believed Benin is an underrated city in Nigeria. It used to be capital of old midwestern region and Bendel, so a lot south-south elite from bendel are still grounded there. I think it is the six largest on that list not seventh.

You're correct. Lots of Deltan & some Bayelsan families still live there. Anyway, it's still one of the 7 or 8 cities in Nigeria with over one million people.

The diversity is just amazing. A guy from Lagos was posted there as area manager of a big company many years back. He still insists his 8 years or so there remain his most stress-free period of his adult life.

You with creation of more states & more state capitals, Federal presence in old capitals like Enugu, Kaduna, Ibadan, Benin have reduced. These were the few cities with aerodromes/airports back in the early 1950s when Queen Elizabeth visited Nigeria.

Kaduna Nzeogwu had only one retirement plan before the January 1996 coup: to return to Benin & run an hotel. Hotels are still everywhere in Benin till today.

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Patrioticooduan: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Even you leader Tinubu TVC is aware grin grin
Thisis just Nnewi second commercial city in Anambra

Nnewi city with most Naira-Billionaires per capita in Nigeria – Forbes

According to Forbes, Nnewi also produced the first billionaire in the country, Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, who founded the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), and was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1960.
His son, Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, who led Biafra to the Nigerian Civil War, was also a billionaire from the city.
Nnewi, nicknamed the Japan of Africa, is home to several automobile spare-parts dealers, and houses the only indigenous vehicle manufacturing plant in Nigerian Innoson Motors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCrUVZI_gTI
Where is the forbes link? Forbes don't calculate people's net worth in Naira. They do that in US dollars. Just incase you don't know, I check Forbes website everytime, so I know what goes in out of the site.
I notice Ibos( mostly Anambrans) love beating chest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Patrioticooduan: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
horsepower101:

Even if Nigeria manages to hold itself together, oil money will soon run out. That’s when you will truely know those that can survive without oil and those that have been making noise all these years
Yes
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ofemannnu: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

List manufacturing Yoruba owns not those lies on those threads we know you guys are really good with Oluwale, list it here let us compare with Igbos firms

Igbos have only few small scale industries which do not come near the numerous massive industries owned by the Yorubas home and abroad.That thread was an eye opener to even me with links for you to verify unlike Igbos' few industries with lots of lies imbedded therein with no links to verify or naming of some fake products as companies and even imaginary companies out of desperation to even come close to the Yorubas. grin

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
janellemonae:
All these arguments over imports. It's like some of you didnt go to school. IMPORTS DONT GROW AN ECONOMY. It DESTROYS IT.

Nothing ends up in the country's accounts because you are demanding another countries currency, and buying it with your money, thereby weakening yours. Tariffs are meant to curb imports. It's not recognizable nor viable income that grows an economy. The losses made on importing 1 good far outweighs the 10%tarriff you collected on that good. Please stop disgracing yourselves.

An economy's viability is measured by its production, its GDP, exports and maintaining a low trade deficit with other countries. Nigerias economy is bad because we have a trade deficit, a terrible balance of trade (where imports are more than exports). No1 trait of bad economies.
Sorry, importation strengthens an economy.

#TheoryOfComparativeAdvantage

It is only dangerous if a country is experiencing a sustained long-term trade deficits.

Sorry, GDP is not a true measure of economic viability, but GDP growth.

You can't use GDP and Production in the same sentence. They are the same.

But if you mean manufacturing. Sorry manufacturing is a feature of a developing nation. Developed economies are moving away from manufacturing based economy to a knowledge and serviced based one.

Nigeria economy is not bad because we have a trade deficits. We are bad because our AD relative to our population is nothing to write home about and a lot of things contributed to that, poor energy, high host of data, bad infrastructures, poor tax structure, bad road, stupid education system, corruption, Buhari e.t.c

Increase this AD, and our foreign account would at least balance.

#Economist

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Why don't you post an original one that will contradict it,clown.
We have gone through this before and you did not come anywhere near the industrial prowess of the Yorubas.You sound just like your predecessors..... grin

Let me start with indigenous firms own by Anambarias domicile in Anambra, I'm not inn for Oluwale, I hope you will join me
Sea Horse

2 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Igbos have only few small scale industries which do not come near the numerous massive industries owned by the Yorubas home and abroad.That thread was an eye opener to even me with links for you to verify unlike Igbos' few industries with lots of lies imbedded therein with no links to verify or naming of some fake products as companies and even imaginary companies out of desperation to even come close to the Yorubas. grin
Oluwole! Oluwole!! How many times did I called you.

List 50 of them here and let verify them and I will return with 50 Igbo companies in Lagos alone.

5 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by BrownRoofRep: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ategberoson:

which of the Enugu, you be mumu I swear. is it the same Enugu I visited in east?

you guys are nothing but national clown, that's why you look so inconsequential in the eyes of a Fulani man

By Aliyu Gwarzo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ofemannnu: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
horsepower101:

A verifiable sample is when every region was on their own and THE YORUBAS had to lend money to your lazy asses two times until Ironsi scuttled everything to put Nigeria in this mess with his jealousy and hatred...just to stop the Yorubas.. grin

3 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Igbos small scale industries in your little mind grin please I want you to list and post manufacturing industries own by Yorubas just in Ogun
Josan rice milling plant

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Let me start with indigenous firms own by Anambarias domicile in Anambra, I'm not inn for Oluwale, I hope you will join me
Sea Horse
Oga, stop listing.

I am setting a trap for them. Believe me, most of the companies he would list are Igbo owned.

I ask them to list 50 yoruba companies and I will list 50 Igbo companies in Lagos.

They hate Innoson because he failed to site his company in Lagos.

Many of them are claiming Emzor without knowing it is Igbo owned until recently.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ofemannnu: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Oluwole! Oluwole!! How many times did I called you.

List 50 of them here and let verify them and I will return with 50 Igbo companies in Lagos alone.

If you can name 10 real igbo industries in Lagos,I will give it up to you. grin

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

A verifiable sample is when every region was on their own and THE YORUBAS had to lend money to your lazy asses two times until Ironsi scuttled everything to put Nigeria in this mess with his jealousy and hatred...just to stop the Yorubas.. grin
Oluwole News.

Kontinue!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

I need proof, no time for Kemigate
Josan

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

If you can name 10 real igbo industries in Lagos,I will give it up to you. grin
Your challenge is tempting but I prefer a bigger one.

List 50 yoruba companies in SW and I will list 50 Igbo companies in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by naijalander: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
But consumers dictate the market. As long. As your imports are not being consumed in the East, how exactly do you control the market ? Imagine a sudden boycott of Eastern produce sent to the West, what happens to Igbo businesses ?

OfficialAPCNig:

We are still saying the same thing. Everything you calculated just amounted to 34.6% of our total imports, what about the other 65.4%? Ndi Igbo controls those.

Even at that, Ndi Igbo are still into heavy importation of those 34.6% you mentioned.

Ndi Igbo are Nigeria's largest importer of Kerosene, Anambra is the largest importer of packaged medicaments.

Ndi Igbo runs this economy (Kiss da Truth)

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ofemannnu: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Igbos small scale industries in your little mind grin please I want you to list and post manufacturing industries own by Yorubas just in Ogun
Josan rice milling plant

grin
He has started posting pix to gain pages.No,post the information of that very small scale firm and I will quickly give you 3 Yoruba companies that will swallow all the companies you will ever post.Post information,pls. grin

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

[s]If you can name 10 real igbo industries in Lagos,I will give it up to you. grin[/s]
Name industries own by Yorubas in Ogun,

Stain rice mill Anambra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by countryfive: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
d33types:

India does not have a larger consumer market than the US despite their population.

Even for food consumption the US tops the charts worldwide.

Wow! Thanks for this info

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ofemannnu: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Your challenge is tempting but I prefer a bigger one.

List 50 yoruba companies in SW and I will list 50 Igbo companies in Lagos.

Tempting?

We all know you have only the moribund Ibeto that is down,Innoson almost in the same area ...down,Richbond,Emzor and your 2x2 shops grin

Name 10 real coys still operating and shame me,clown. grin
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by jjmk(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
“Any moment from now, the concessionaire will take over the Onitsha port.

“The work on Baro port has been on for more than three years now and when completed, it will create close to two million jobs.

“The port is the anchor of North West, North Central transportation and the port is linked to railway where cargo can be moved.

“Onitsha port will serve the South East Nigeria; in fact, Onitsha port will be the most viable port as over 60 per cent of cargo in Nigeria goes to Onitsha, so it is going to be a very busy port,” Ibrahim said.

He, however, said that Onitsha port would be concession based on government policy, that the private sector should be the operator while government will provide the infrastructure.

NAN reports that Baro Inland Water Port is located at Baro, Agaie Local Government, Niger State.

Source: http://www.nan.ng/news/fg-to-inaugurate-completed-baro-inland-water-port-in-august/
Then why not make the sea ports in the south east and south south functional so as to reduce the pressure on our roads.

2 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by AWOLOWO10: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
i don't know why Nigeria can't let us Igbo go, is that they can't survive without us.

are we that important?

(guy i am proudly Igbo)

is peak it's in me

Igbo Amaka

if you are a proud Igbo abeg hit the like

4 Likes

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ofemannnu: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Name industries own by Yorubas in Ogun,

Stain rice mill Anambra

Post info so we will know how viable those your small industries are. grin

I will post mine with information and pix not only pix.
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

grin
He has started posting pix to gain pages.No,post the information of that very small scale firm and I will quickly give you 3 Yoruba companies that will swallow all the companies you will ever post.Post information,pls. grin
Mind you I'm posting industries own by Anambrians domiciled in Anambra state, please do the same

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Ategberoson(m): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

By Aliyu Gwarzo.

21 century idiots are known of contradictory facts, Cynthia wasn't wrongfully misquoted

ipob are 21 century idiots- NNE Cynthia
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Nightmareo07: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
Patrioticooduan:
Nigeria must disintegrate.
Say no to restructuring.
Even if we restructure, it won't stop the hate we have for each other. Nigeria experienced ethnic tensions when we had regional government. If Awolowo, Azikwe, Ahmadu Bello were alive today, they won't advise us to restructure but split.
Yorubas and Ashantis or Zulus don't fight like the way Yorubas and Igbos/Hausas do. This is because we don't share same country with them. When Yorubas, Igbos, and Hausas finally separate, we won't know we once shared same country. Everyone will mind their business.
Why should I go through all the stress because I want restructuring when I can use it to split the country?
Yorubas, Hausas, and Igbos don't need one another to survive. We can only trade with each other like Europeans and Asians do.
#simplesense.
Split Nigeria!

I'm surprised ur brothers did not call u ipob pig. grin
Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by TundeBricklayer: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Post info so we will know how viable those your small industries are. grin

I will post mine with information and pix not only pix.

Tiger food

Tiger Foods Ltd is the 2nd largest producer of spices in Africa! Tiger Foods is Exporting spices to a great percentage of African countries from Anambra! Production is done at the highest standards and quality!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by ChilledPill: 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

You will keep shouting fake upandan till you kpai.

Aba is currently kitting Nigerian Army, Innoson services Nigerian Airforce Jet, Innoson exports cars to Mali, Engineer Kelechi built Nigerian Indigenous war ship (NNS Andoni), Emzor Paracetamol is Igbo owned product, Cutix one of the best electric cables in the world is owned by Ndi Igbo, Tiger spices is Igbo owned, Tonimas Lubricant is manufactured in Aba, you are probably wearing an Aba made cloth and by 3 PM today, another multi-million naira worths of products will leave Aba and Onitsha for the North and many of them will find their way into Niger from Kano.

Remove Aba and you are dead (Fact).
Guy you are not lying at all! do you know I am seeing many Aba made products here in Benin Republic. Igbo amaka true true

1 Like

Re: "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by OfficialAPCNig: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Tempting?

We all know you have only the moribund Ibeto that is down,Innoson almost in the same area ...down,Richbond,Emzor and your 2x2 shops grin

Name 10 real coys still operating and shame me,clown. grin
1. Emzor Pharma (Stella Okoli)

2. ETranzact Nigeria (Val Obi)

3. Slok Group (Orji Uzor)

4. Slot System (Nnamdi Ezeigbo and Co-founder, Tecno)

5. Coscharis Motors (Cosmos Maduka)

6. Zinox Group (Stan Ekeh)

7. Konga (Stan Ekeh)

8. Yudala (Stan Ekeh)

9. Africa Capital Alliance (Okey Enelamah and Paschal Dozie, Chairman MTN Nigeria (Highest Investor), Owner Diamond Bank)

10. Iroko Partners (Jason Njoku)

These are 10 Igbo businesses in Lagos. I will name another 40, if you name 50 yoruba businesses in SW.

If you look at the list, you will discover I removed Igbo heavy weights from there except Orji Uzor Kalu.

TundeBricklayer

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BRT Introduces New Transport Fares / UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians / 11 Functions Of Under Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.