Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport (38005 Views)

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport / Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport / Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 14, 2018
bigerboy200:
Nigeria is a disgrace.. How did we acquire “ giant of Africa” status ?? Cos we don’t deserve that name at all. Our politicians have finished us walahi. Just see this airport looking like mama put joint.

That was in the 60's, this is 2018
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Basic123: 7:25am On Jul 14, 2018
Tajbol4splend:
NYSC orientation camp

International airport

Good road

Best of these are in the northern Nigeria, I wonder what these people contribute economically to have the best of everything
because people like fani kayode and Stella odua are dafts

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by ogedengbeakogun: 7:25am On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

dont be naive...

if there is less self centeredness and greed , corruption then it will work but just look all over black africa...

which country is doing well enough?

another point is tribalism

Rwanda has only two tribes and they wan kill themselves for there...

most black men are primitive in their reasoning... they cannot reason beyond tribe...

they cannot aspire for the greater good... just for themselves and their kindreds...even within tribes there are discrimination...within local government areas...within families...not to talk of a country...

Then if there is such... Restructuring is the best thing in such a scenario..... Nationality no be by force... Serbia/Montenegro fought their way out of subservient yoking... Slovenia, Croatia, Ukraine, Georgia... Plenty countries all fought to manage there tradition, culture economy nd fiscal policy.. Go nd look at them today
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:30am On Jul 14, 2018
Basic123:
because people like fani kayode and Stella odua are dafts

Because those two are daft, is that why the north has those good things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by ogedengbeakogun: 7:30am On Jul 14, 2018
The problem is my Yoruba pple who re so scared as per where to start from... Lily livered prayer warriors, we've used all our lives to acquire education that will eventually become useless in this kind of country... It's now our eyes re clearing that.. It's not just acquisition of education that guarantee a sure future... Hence, the reason why we defend all sort of failures all our lives just so we can eat nd pay bills...

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 7:31am On Jul 14, 2018
ogedengbeakogun:

Then if there is such... Restructuring is the best thing in such a scenario..... Nationality no be by force... Serbia/Montenegro fought their way out of subservient yoking... Slovenia, Croatia, Ukraine, Georgia... Plenty countries all fought to manage there tradition, culture economy nd fiscal policy.. Go nd look at them today

please dont compare yourselves with white men....

sadly, we are way below the food chain...

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by ogedengbeakogun: 7:32am On Jul 14, 2018
I wish I can borrow ambitious Yorubas of yesyeryeats to come back nd defend dis churchy idiots that we have this generation... Yorubas destiny is heavily shortchanged in this market of a country... Olorun n gbo

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2018
ogedengbeakogun:
The problem is my Yoruba pple who re so scared as per where to start from... Lily livered prayer warriors, we've used all our lives to acquire education that will eventually become useless in this kind of country... It's now our eyes re clearing that.. It's not just acquisition of education that guarantee a sure future... Hence, the reason why we defend all sort of failures all our lives just so we can eat nd pay bills...

dont tell me you belong to this school of thought....

the self entitlement school of thought...

the i am educated so i deserve to be rich even if i dont use my knowledge to create wealth school of thought....

the lazy Nigerian youth school of thought....

when you say yoruba people be specific...There are yoruba people all over the world...speak for yourself and yourself alone

if seun didn't work to start Nairaland, i doubt if he would be financially well off than he is right now...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by ogedengbeakogun: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2018
zinizta:

please dont compare yourselves with white men....

sadly, we are way below the food chain...
That's true cos the intellectuals among us are still hungry dolts, cheap sell outs... No ideology or collective philosophical reasoning... If you call a gathering of Nigerian intellectual submit on way forward..ita an overused non effectual English dem go dey yarn.. Submitting papers upandan just to improve there pay grades

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by els0nm0rali(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2018
When you tell them to vote for a fresh mind and fresh face they say he doesn't have experience.

Enjoy your very experienced thieves.

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by zinizta: 7:42am On Jul 14, 2018
ogedengbeakogun:

That's true cos the intellectuals among us are still hungry dolts, cheap sell outs... No ideology or collective philosophical reasoning... If you call a gathering of Nigerian intellectual submit on way forward..ita an overused non effectual English dem go dey yarn.. Submitting papers upandan just to improve there pay grades

our problem is practicality...

we have engineers that havent invented the most simple of implements that can better the common man's everyday life....

we have so many professors but little true professionals ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by els0nm0rali(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2018
ogedengbeakogun:

Please speak for yourself. And I don't know why you have to bring Yoruba into this discourse. Are they the only ones living in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by els0nm0rali(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2018
GavelSlam:
The domestic wing of the Port Harcourt airport is being handled by Inter-BAU construction.

Contract issued since 2012.

INTER-BAU is owned by Chief Nath Okechukwu Past President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo.

It is on record that the Senate and the ministry of aviation have been reluctant to penalise him for his failure to deliver.

Thank you for this very vital information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by AngelicBeing: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2018
OChimex:
This is Nigeria, you can only survive here when you assume to be mad.

How can you use this shrine as an airport?

How can you stay in a country without electricity for months and still pay bills?

How can you stay in a country with no functioning system?

How can you stay in a country with zero infrastructure?

How can you stay in a country where your life is worth less than cows?

How can one condone and still live in a messed up shithole like Nigeria?

It can only happen when you throw away your sanity and become temporary mad, then you will survive.

Welcome to Nigeria where everyone is a part time mad person...

It's really sad..

Well said
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by theoldpretender(m): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2018
So,we call on the Chinese government to fix the airport...and it looks beautiful..

then what?

The problem I have with Nigerians is that they want people to do things for them. Nigerians won't vote for sensible people to run things. They insist on paying small taxes, or N20 for something that costs N20000 naira. They somehow think that the funds for maintenance and construction will come from the sky...and so on.

The truth is, if we want beautiful airports in all our cities, we have to be prepared to vote for the right kind of people..not bring back a party that messed us up for 16 years (and pretended to fix the Port Harcourt airport...) or bring back an elderly general that really needs to be retired...or even vote for 'the young men and women'...but people who are prepared to work.

And we must be ready to pay proper taxes. And pay proper bills.Yes, it would be expensive. Yes, what have they done with the money they spent before? But you cannot buy a house for N200million, and be prepared to only spend N50000 annually for maintenance. High quality means high maintenance costs.

2 Likes

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by kazyhm(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2018
elujah1:
The Chinese have already helped, This is the new international wing

This the kind of mentality some posters above are referencing as a punishment......that building is in every international airports in Nigeria......However, you need to search for the terms of those contracts....

i still dont understand how it makes sense for some supposedly educated people to motgage the future of a whole nation........

It is very obvious, Nigeria is sinking

2 Likes

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by noruwasman(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2018
deepwater:
That airport just tire me I swear

To think the current minister of transport is from the state hosting that airport is not funny
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by kazyhm(m): 7:53am On Jul 14, 2018
GavelSlam:
The domestic wing of the Port Harcourt airport is being handled by Inter-BAU construction.

Contract issued since 2012.

INTER-BAU is owned by Chief Nath Okechukwu Past President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo.

It is on record that the Senate and the ministry of aviation have been reluctant to penalise him for his failure to deliver.

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by mathinips(m): 7:53am On Jul 14, 2018
Nigerians need help. If we know their Twitter, insta account let us go there and ask them to help Nigeria
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Strongbest(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2018
The funny thing is how our politicians travel and see the standard and beauty of life in developed countries yet return to see these craps here yet feel little or no concern at all. Seriously, it baffles me.

Like, they don't just give a damn at all. I think something is wrong with our politicians, I mean like mental issue or so. They are sick upstairs!

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by theoldpretender(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2018
OChimex:

How can you stay in a country without electricity for months and still pay bills?

It can only happen when you throw away your sanity and become temporary mad, then you will survive.

It's really sad..

Yes, we know. We can all recite this poem off head.

But then,you Nigerians go and vote for a party that messed us up for 16 years....or the ruling party that has no idea to bring in the needed change to make things better.

And bills? You people insist on paying less than $5 for light monthly...and you expect 24 hours light...when you should be paying 5 times that? And you expect DISCOS and GENCOS to suddenly have the cash to be able to pay for gas?

You want good universites...and you insist on paying N50000 fees for N1 million naira education?

You insist on paying N97 for fuel that should at least cost N250 per liter...and you wonder why there are scarcity (and you blame govrement...for the worng reasons).

You know that there is a lot of infrastructure in a lot of countries...because people pay heavily in taxes and bills. Not the cheap thing we pay for in Nigeria.

Oil money cannot feed all of us. Neither can restructuring...because the prices of agric and other commodities rise and fall like oilprice[b].We need to invest in industrial development,and making things that the world needs...not in importing stuff and wasting our money on useless subsides...that prevent job creation, and leave millions unemployed.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by poseidon12: 7:57am On Jul 14, 2018
allexpensive:
Blame your state government.

Blame State Government? It is a Federal Government property. This is why everyone should support restructuring. Governance in Nigeria should be decentralized. And there should be resource control. If we do that, then you can hold the State Governments accountable.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by theoldpretender(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2018
Strongbest:
The funny thing is how our politicians travel and see the standard and beauty of life in developed countries yet return to see these craps here yet feel little or no concern at all. Seriously, it baffles me.

Like, they don't just give a damn at all. I think something is wrong with our politicians, I mean like mental issue or so. They are sick upstairs!

And in developed countries...they pay heavy taxes to keep it that way.

If our politicians introduced the tax rates that exist in the developed world into Nigeria...there would be protests on the street.

Developed countries have economies that produce things the world needs. Not like Nigeria that produces oil and agric produce for export, and then uses the revenues to import and import and import....and keep on importing

Then we complain when as a result of the importing, we don't have jobs...because we import the stuff we should be making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by poseidon12: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2018
Pesuzok:

Any some people are planning to vote them back to power

While some people are planning to keep them (APC) in power.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by franchasng: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2018
OChimex:

It's really sad..

my brother, too bad, too too bad mhen angry angry angry

This is why people are asking for restructuring or disintegration of Nigeria so everybody will answer their papa name angry angry
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by theoldpretender(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2018
Tajbol4splend:
NYSC orientation camp

International airport

Good road

Best of these are in the northern Nigeria, I wonder what these people contribute economically to have the best of everything

Apart from Abuja airport, and Kaduna airport which got hurridely renovated ....the NYSC camps, and airports and roads in the North are not of good quality....

Plus, Stella renovated all the airports especially the ones in the South.

NYSC orientation camps are not necessarily better up North.

1 Like

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by theoldpretender(m): 8:05am On Jul 14, 2018
poseidon12:

Blame State Government? It is a Federal Government property. This is why everyone should support restructuring. Governance in Nigeria should be decentralized. And there should be resource control. If we do that, then you can hold the State Governments accountable.

Restructuring does not equal good maintenance culture.

Either we privatize the airports...or we pay high taxes.

Oil and agric don't generate enough cash for our needs...restructuring or no.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by poseidon12: 8:06am On Jul 14, 2018
Tajbol4splend:

I think restructuring is the best way to stop the cheating and injustices

And that is why Northerners are against restructuring.
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by kazyhm(m): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2018
ogedengbeakogun:

I tell you, Nigerian's problems is beyond what people are pointing at. There are good people all over the places but we under estimate the power of the few foolish people in the crowd.....and we seem helpless with logic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by Emydandy: 8:15am On Jul 14, 2018
Lol
Re: Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport by kazyhm(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2018
els0nm0rali:
When you tell them to vote for a fresh mind and fresh face they say he doesn't have experience.

Enjoy your very experienced thieves.

I like the idea of Soworo......but i think he is more of a bitter revenge than a constructive young mind. How can he allowed himself to be used over time ?
is he just waking up after being dumb by his previous pay masters ?

I watch some of his videos and...........i'm very much concern about his motive

He is even chanting the same song like Buhari.......They we all go to jail!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece / Train Crushes Man To Pieces In Benue State (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Recent Photos Of Port-Harcourt International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.