Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home (51527 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Hosts Kareem Waris Olamilekan (Photos) / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (2) (3) (4)

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Ategberoson(m): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:
Not sending them home to roast

All our leaders religious, politicians and traditional leaders have failed God and Humanity

you ve an inconsistent mental state. buhari is the best yesterday, he failed today

premise 1: "all Nigeria politicians are liars and criminal"
premise 2: " buhari is a politician
conclusion: buhari is a criminals and lairs.

you half brain citizens are reasons they'll continue to take us on a ride
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by baby124: 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abjay97:
Lol.. and you think they will follow you to come back?
If finding a job in russia is hard, they can use the little money they have and take a train to Ukraine or Kazakhstan.. If they use the ukraine route, they can now 'form' stranded African Migrant and get help.. With help gotten, they can now proceed south to Germany or Spain OR
North to Sweden or Norway..

Dont come back empty handed to a country(Nigeria) that doesnt necessarily function.

However nice one Ambode
This obsession with traveling out is really a madness. You better ask questions how hard life is for illegal immigrants everywhere. You will regret your life if you try that. It’s bettet you stay in your country and fight the useless old men. Are you not a man like them? Why are you running everywhere like a squirrel. What are you running from? Is it not the same death and suffering you will meet where you are running to?

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by uzeba(m): 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2018
hmm
Ambode for president!!
I no wan know

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2018
How people transport themselves from suffering to suffering is what i don't understand. If na better country now we for hear buh Russia. God bless Ambode. I know say the joy wey go dey those guys belle right now, ehn.

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by sammirano: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2018
enemyofprogress:
He should only help Yorubas among them and leave others especially ibos alone there, they are not nigerians

You will be marveled that 95% is from others. grin grin
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
This news is false, which Nigerian will see Russia and insist to come back to Nigeria.Except for our politifians.
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
baby124:

This obsession with traveling out is really a madness. You better ask questions how hard life is for illegal immigrants everywhere. You will regret your life if you try that. It’s bettet you stay in your country and fight the useless old men. Are you not a man like them? Why are you running everywhere like a squirrel. What are you running from? Is it not the same death and suffering you will meet where you are running to?
you leave him, let him be saying rubbish there. He won't understand. Let him relocate to ordinary Togo there first, i'm sure he'd change tongue.
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by autonomous22: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hmmm, over 400 Nigerians stranded in Russia. but we didn't see such numbers to in the stadium to cheer our super eagles during their matches.
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by autonomous22: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2018
Left for buhari, den for die dia... e no concern am
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2018
enemyofprogress:
He should only help Yorubas among them and leave others especially ibos alone there, they are not nigerians
If they are not Nigerians then where are they from? Before you say Biafra, do they carry a biafra passport or a Nigeria passport?

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
autonomous22:
Hmmm, over 400 Nigerians stranded in Russia. but we didn't see such numbers to in the stadium to cheer our super eagles during their matches.
they didn't go there to cheer anything/anybody up. Immediately they got to the airport, they started seeking means of staying permanently thinking it'd be easy.
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by RaptorX: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
vingeophysicist:
This news is false, which Nigerian will see Russia and insist to come back to Nigeria.Except for our politifians.
You people just have this misconceptions in your minds about this European countries, you have to be insane to want to live in Russia as an African illegal immigrant, but you will not get it so I understand why you wrote that comment.

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by OhiOfIhima: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
After spending 1.5 or 2.million to Russia they were still stranded in Russia.. noting they gain there just want there to support our super eagleas... waste of money.. rubbish... if you are Nigeria you are a millionaire with that money...

I tell u my brother 1.5-2M, just to go n support d super chicken dat went to Putin land for fashion parade, No, they have an ulterior motive but it all fail. Dat money can still be use for one small side business.
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
ok here is the real story about the so called stranded Nigerians in Russia:

Moscow: Fraudsters have tricked scores of Nigerians by selling them football World Cup fan passes to travel to Russia, leaving many stranded and penniless, victims and anti-trafficking campaigners say. Some Nigerians told AFP they used the official Fan IDs to come to Russia with the promise of finding work or even playing professional football themselves.Others said they came to watch World Cup matches but got stranded when their return plane tickets were cancelled by bogus travel agencies that booked them.

Ismail Olamilekan, 21, and his brother Sodiq, 25, said they paid 250,000 naira (600 euros, $700) each to a man in Lagos for their Fan Ids. "The man told us that with the Fan ID we could get a job and stay here," Ismail told AFP at a hostel on the outskirts of Moscow."But when we got here we discovered that it was a fraud, that he had just collected the money and lied to us."'Football career' -The plastic-coated passes issued by the Russian government enable foreign fans with match tickets to enter the country without a visa during the World Cup -- but they expire before the end of July. It was not clear how the bogus agents obtained the Fan IDs that they sold.

A FIFA spokesman stressed that the Fan IDs system was implemented by the Russian communications ministry. FIFA "continues to make efforts to identify and curb unauthorised ticket sales", he added.Foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told a news briefing it was a matter for the consular authorities of the countries concerned. "You can't rule out that some of the foreign guests, taking advantage of visiting the World Cup, are counting in some way or another, usually illegally, on crossing the Russian border and entering one of the European countries," she added.Nigerians 'stranded'

The Olamilekan brothers spent about a thousand dollars each for their plane fare to Moscow, on top of what they paid separately to the agent. "In Nigeria I play football. He told me that if I started working I can also start a (football) career in Russia," Ismail Olamilekan said.A fellow Muslim was allowing the brothers to sleep in his hostel until their return flight on July 22. Other Nigerians however found themselves stranded in Russia after fraudulent "agents" who booked return flights for them then cancelled the bookings to get a refund.

One group of about a dozen Nigerians spent days sleeping at Moscow's Vnukovo airport. Some of them told AFP they paid more than a million naira each to an agent for a package including flights, match tickets and a fan ID."We've been sleeping on the floor like fools. We've got no place to go," said Alonge Ademola, 35, a cement dealer from Lagos. "We really do want to go back to our country. We've cried, we've wept, but still no solution."Russian charity Alternativa said it had helped about 50 Nigerians stranded in Russia and estimated there were about 200 in difficulty overall. "With globalisation the opportunities for criminals are also increasing.

The Fan IDs make an extremely profitable business for them," said the group's spokeswoman, Yulia Siluyanova.Lesson learnt -Around 50 Nigerians spent the night of Thursday to Friday on the pavement in front of the Nigerian embassy in Moscow. Nigerian embassy spokesman Olumide Ajayi told AFP on Friday that it had made arrangements to house 57 stranded Nigerians and would work with Russian authorities and airlines to find a way to send them home.The Olamilekan brothers meanwhile are waiting to board the return flights. They funded the whole trip with money their parents borrowed. "We don't have any option but to go back home and work and pay our parents' debts," Ismail said."I spoke to them last night. They asked if we've got a job and if we're living well and I decided to tell them yes. I don't like lying to my parents," he said. "I still give thanks to God because he has taught me a lesson."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq8j1EtKymE

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
I gues they wanted to run away. But. I think they na realise that Russia is a strict country for imigrant.
OhiOfIhima:

I tell u my brother 1.5-2M, just to go n support d super chicken dat went to Putin land for fashion parade, No, they have an ulterior motive but it all fail. Dat money can still be use for one small side business.

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Iceathome(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ibos can't be among the stranded ones.

enemyofprogress:
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Barfibassey(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abjay97:
If finding a job in russia is hard, they can use the little money they have and take a train to Ukraine or Kazakhstan.. If they use the ukraine route, they can now 'form' stranded African Migrant and get help.. With help gotten, they can now proceed south to Germany or Spain OR

Dont come back empty handed to a country(Nigeria) that doesnt necessarily function.

However nice one Ambode
idiot you think sey e easy to claim migrant see country wey you dey even mention,go try am see wether no be frustration go kill you.

ADVISE: PLEASE DON'T TRY COMING TO EUROPE AS AN MIGRANT

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hotzone:
I don't like to say this but the truth is that majority of that 400 are Yoruba and edo peeps

Your Stu.pidi.ty has shock absorbers
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abjay97:

However nice one Ambode
They can put all that energy into building Nigeria. All these countries you mentioned don't necessarily have good leaders, resilient citizens who never allowed their country fall apart is the secrete to their success. I love Putin by the way, you can't give him that refugee bulshit story, even your country is burning he cares less.

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by 5ircreepy(m): 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Egbon sarrki, you are beginning to speak with sense these past few days ooo. I hope you keep it up. Do not allow igbo hate to make you support Buhari. I was almost at the point of supporting Buhari just to spite igbos but I found out that if I don’t speak up, Buhari and his Fulani gang might kill members of my family.

So I determined that it is better I ignore igbos and call out the Buhari regime for the disaster that it is. God will continue to give you the courage and wisdom to the the right thing and call out evil for what it is. Bless!

Please ehn, what did an entire ethnic group do to deserve the spite and hatred
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by innocential3032(m): 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ambode God wil continue to the bless yhu for ur gud work. Second term is sure for u, any candidate of any party trying to contest with u is jst wasting both tym and money

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by mmsen: 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abjay97:

However nice one Ambode

You people will never learn.

Once you get to Europe they will send you back.

They have no need for you.

Those countries have their own issues to contend with.

Their people fought for their rights. Fought for decent political systems.

Meanwhile Africans keep crying about a lack of political and social progress whilst clinging to stupid cultural practices that in some cases are literally causing death.

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by lexy2014: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:

You people started just too early with hatred words for him

You didn’t give him a chance to even work for a day

So that’s our point

Some people sticks to him due to the hatred not because they liked him
from ur post u acknowledge buharis failure but pls clarify this: are u blaming buharis haters & critics 4 his failure? Is it because people hated him that he didn't perform? What do u mean by they didn't give him chance 2 work? Is it like when u want 2 enter a bus&someone stands in ur way? Is that what u mean by they didn't give him chance to work?
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abjay97:

However nice one Ambode

LOL, you are a funny fellow.... how will they go all the way to Ukraine border (600kms away) to begin with, let alone enter ukraine?! or you think Russia/Ukraine is a walk in the park?! go to transit at Moscow airport and see the many people stuck in transit with no return ticket that Russian gov dont give a damn about. if you arrive in Russia with migrant/asylum BS, they will keep you in transit until your claim is approved. if it isnt then you must go back (with your own money). last time i was at Moscow airport, i met NO LESS than 50 Africans (and countless other Asians etc) stranded at the airport for MONTHS begging for money to feed themselves etc. dont believe the hype bro, Russia is hell!

my question to these socalled stranded people IS: so you mean to say that you were able to pay close to a million Naira to come watch football matches, yet dont have any money to buy new plane ticket to go back home AND/OR a job to run back to?!

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
ok here is the real story about the so called stranded Nigerians in Russia:

Moscow: Fraudsters have tricked scores of Nigerians by selling them football World Cup fan passes to travel to Russia, leaving many stranded and penniless, victims and anti-trafficking campaigners say. Some Nigerians told AFP they used the official Fan IDs to come to Russia with the promise of finding work or even playing professional football themselves.Others said they came to watch World Cup matches but got stranded when their return plane tickets were cancelled by bogus travel agencies that booked them.

Ismail Olamilekan, 21, and his brother Sodiq, 25, said they paid 250,000 naira (600 euros, $700) each to a man in Lagos for their Fan Ids. "The man told us that with the Fan ID we could get a job and stay here," Ismail told AFP at a hostel on the outskirts of Moscow."But when we got here we discovered that it was a fraud, that he had just collected the money and lied to us."'Football career' -The plastic-coated passes issued by the Russian government enable foreign fans with match tickets to enter the country without a visa during the World Cup -- but they expire before the end of July. It was not clear how the bogus agents obtained the Fan IDs that they sold.

A FIFA spokesman stressed that the Fan IDs system was implemented by the Russian communications ministry. FIFA "continues to make efforts to identify and curb unauthorised ticket sales", he added.Foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told a news briefing it was a matter for the consular authorities of the countries concerned. "You can't rule out that some of the foreign guests, taking advantage of visiting the World Cup, are counting in some way or another, usually illegally, on crossing the Russian border and entering one of the European countries," she added.Nigerians 'stranded'

The Olamilekan brothers spent about a thousand dollars each for their plane fare to Moscow, on top of what they paid separately to the agent. "In Nigeria I play football. He told me that if I started working I can also start a (football) career in Russia," Ismail Olamilekan said.A fellow Muslim was allowing the brothers to sleep in his hostel until their return flight on July 22. Other Nigerians however found themselves stranded in Russia after fraudulent "agents" who booked return flights for them then cancelled the bookings to get a refund.

One group of about a dozen Nigerians spent days sleeping at Moscow's Vnukovo airport. Some of them told AFP they paid more than a million naira each to an agent for a package including flights, match tickets and a fan ID."We've been sleeping on the floor like fools. We've got no place to go," said Alonge Ademola, 35, a cement dealer from Lagos. "We really do want to go back to our country. We've cried, we've wept, but still no solution."Russian charity Alternativa said it had helped about 50 Nigerians stranded in Russia and estimated there were about 200 in difficulty overall. "With globalisation the opportunities for criminals are also increasing.

The Fan IDs make an extremely profitable business for them," said the group's spokeswoman, Yulia Siluyanova.Lesson learnt -Around 50 Nigerians spent the night of Thursday to Friday on the pavement in front of the Nigerian embassy in Moscow. Nigerian embassy spokesman Olumide Ajayi told AFP on Friday that it had made arrangements to house 57 stranded Nigerians and would work with Russian authorities and airlines to find a way to send them home.The Olamilekan brothers meanwhile are waiting to board the return flights. They funded the whole trip with money their parents borrowed. "We don't have any option but to go back home and work and pay our parents' debts," Ismail said."I spoke to them last night. They asked if we've got a job and if we're living well and I decided to tell them yes. I don't like lying to my parents," he said. "I still give thanks to God because he has taught me a lesson."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq8j1EtKymE
Do I pity for these guys
? Not at all, these are the type of Nigerians that will ask you why you are not back in Nigeria if you insist abroad is not heaven, at all cost they want to leave.

Welcome to Russia, Putin is smarter than all of you combined. Your refugee bulshit story won't cut it for him. Bros bombed Syria and still won't accept them as refugeed, let alone you.

If by 25th you don't leave Russia , he will put all of you in one room and kill you with radiation. Am not jocking o, if your brother is among these guys please start crying early.

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Mrjuice: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

Na so e easy??

If u knw ur way, it is easy. My friend got a schengen visa n has crossed to finland since wednesday
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
Mrjuice:
If u knw ur way, it is easy. My friend Onyi got a schengen visa n has crossed to finland since wednesday

ley me guess.....? you will now give us the name of some agents that can help anyone to go to Europe, right?!

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by baby124: 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

ley me guess.....? you will now give us the name of some agents that can help anyone to go to Europe, right?!
Don’t mind the scammer. From football pass to schengen visa. Absolute impossibility. Onyii ko scammer ni

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by sonsomegrigbo: 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hotzone:
I don't like to say this but the truth is that majority of that 400 are Yoruba and edo peeps

You are a bloody tribalist...

Stop being tribalistic

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by wink2015(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nice one from Ambode.

Stranded Nigerians should take advantage of such an opportunity
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Optional20: 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
I think it’s our system and institutions

Also our reasoning

Like the way you just did

So u know it's the system and institutions... and u are blaming Jonathan for it... Hmmmmmmmm
Anyway to our action governor THANK YOU for the good gesture towards the helpless

EFCC To Seize Orji Uzor Kalu’s Sun Newspaper, Houses, Other Properties / BokoHaram Members Caught IDP Camp In Gwoza (Photos) / People Waiting For Atiku For His Lagos Campaign Rally (PHOTOS)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85