Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? (43539 Views)

Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna And Hubby 150k In Lagos Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by supereagle(m): 11:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
donstan18:
A normal man with working brain will relocate if his wife earns 750k when he's earning 150k.

But a wise man with so much wisdom will ask the following questions before deciding what to do.

>Who is my wife?
>Is she dominant and self-centered?
>Will she rub it to my face?
>How comfortable am I with my financial level?
>Is she disrespectful or understanding?
>What are the possibilities that her attitude will change?

If you can give yourself answers to these questions, you'll be able to decide. Because it'll be a mistake to take such decision with a wrong woman.

But wait ooo..…Where are the wives earning 750k while there husbands earns 150k, grin Are they Nigerians? Or are they from Croatia? Too much assumptions in this country, grin

I admire your way of reasoning. God bless you.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by supereagle(m): 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2018
A similar case happened in the UK, but the husband became a baby sitter at home, but only an understanding wife will cope.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by figoperch: 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL, I know them na.

I won't even advise my husband to resign in such scenario, because it is not something I see myself doing easily. There are so many things that should be considered, not just the difference in their pay.

Lagos has more job opportunities, probably 'safer'... So, I think it is a better option. The relocation doesn't have to be immediate.

He made other points that I strongly agree with.

Amaka how far? U still dey Abuja?
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2018
ominiriches2016:

Are you married? If not cuddling and emotional balance is what give birth to good and healthy relationship/marriage. Distance marriage/relationship is a bad idea.

To each their own.

If someone can't sacrifice their own feelings for a much bigger goal, we'd clash. I'm a bigger picture person & can live without romance if there's a purpose. Nobody said the separation is going to be forever, so what is the fuss all about? We'll meet when we meet. Fullstop.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by wristbangle: 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
pocohantas:
Alpha males won't like this grin

They are on their way to counter and tell us how women abuse power. See them coming...

Shut up jor tongue

In this case, I won't relocate neither will I encourage her to do the same. Between the intimidation of her salary is too much. Earning 5 times more than the husband is a huge one.

I will ensure my salary is twice of her within a year through fervent hustling.

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
ono:
OK. So, I'm actually one of such. In fact, I live in Naija here while my wife works in another country and earns more than myself. I've been married for 12 years. I truly enjoy my work and it pays in millions - not the meagre 150K on the table here.

Someone earlier posted some questions to ask before making any move. I have asked those questions and I decided to keep my high paying Naija job. I visit wifey and kids often. There is no question of infidelity, disrespect or the other shitty things associated with the materialistic and lazy women of nowadays and stupid feminists (yes, I dislike feminists). And I have peace of mind.

Hmm nice, so a good question for you If only you would truthful.

What do you do when you feel Hot?
Do you also keep female(s) who sexually satisfy you while your wife is away?

I'm yet to find someone who has this type of arrangement who is Clean in terms of Infidelity. I'm not accusing you, I only say this because I have a few uncles who have this exact arrangement & they cheat terribly.

We need to call a spade a spade sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by salford1: 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:
IMO, it's also irresponsible to leave your job to join your wife. Two salaries are still better than one. If we got bills to pay, there's no reason for anyone to leave their job to join the other just for cuddles. Sorry but to me that's emotional thinking. Unless you got a job lined up with a better salary, otherwise stay where you are! We'll make time for each other when both our schedules permit it. With less money coming in, you might end up fighting over finances anyway.
Not really nice to miss your kid growing up when parents live apart cos of work.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by melodyogonna(m): 11:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
Point of correction mister!
it's Nigerian men not "MEN", as in the generic term.

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2018
salford1:

Not really nice to miss your kid growing up when parents live apart cos of work.

Then you'll have to explain to the kid why you have to be away & handle your own feelings like a grown up with responsibilities. Life does not have to come at a standstill because you feel. Please.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:

To each their own.

If someone can't sacrifice their own feelings for a much bigger goal, we'd clash. I'm a bigger picture person & can live without romance if there's a purpose. Nobody said the separation is going to be forever, so what is the fuss all about? We'll meet when we meet. Fullstop.

When married? I highly doubt this Sister. It's not beans honestly.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by 21savages: 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
Is she the only lady.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
melodyogonna:
Point of correction mister!

it's Nigerian men not "MEN", as in the generic term.

So you're Croatian right ?
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
I don't think anyone should resign because he or she earns lesser than the other and then relocate to sit at home. I for instance will not resign and relocate to sit at home because my husband earn billions while I earn thousands even though he is going to be responsible for my upkeep. The only thing that will make me relocate is if I already have the kind of job I was doing before already secured for me where he is. There is dignity and joy in earning your cash no matter how little it is. There's also joy in working especially what you like doing.
Also, any man who thinks he will resign from his job and relocate to come stay with me because I earn higher is a big joke to me. Except you are relocating based on the fact that you also secured a job where I am.
It is up to us to work on how we will operate our distance relationship because we made the choice.

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by thatigboman: 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
XhosaNostra:
IMO, it's also irresponsible to leave your job to join your wife. Two salaries are still better than one. If we got bills to pay, there's no reason for anyone to leave their job to join the other just for cuddles. Sorry but to me that's emotional thinking. Unless you got a job lined up with a better salary, otherwise stay where you are! We'll make time for each other when both our schedules permit it. With less money coming in, you might end up fighting over finances anyway.
why resign when u can transfer?
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by BanevsJoker(m): 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
Anywhere but the North, I would relocate.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by brodalokie: 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
It can't happen to me. I am her crown. She should look for way to transfer the ogbabje she is using to my favor. grin

In this case sha nobody has to resign or relocate. Distance is even good. The man should tanda like oga then whenever wife off she fit come home. 200k for flight per month is not waste of money I guess
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by ogakizito(m): 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
whoever earns 150k between them should relocate asap. money no get male or female
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Originalsly: 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2018
Such a decision should not be based on salary only.Like Delugajackson said earlier...sooo many factors should be considered. Then is the job guaranteed for life? Is she being offered employment because of her qualifications?...or because the boss wants to get between her legs?...as is so common? What if the man resigns...relocates...then she loses the job?...then what? ...and yes...women are wired different from men... it is natural for a woman to dominate a man when put in a position of power...especially absolute power as she would be if she is the sole breadwinner. He should stay put if he really cares about his marriage.

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by brodalokie: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2018
pocohantas:
Alpha males won't like this grin

They are on their way to counter and tell us how women abuse power. See them coming...

I dey kankpe. Do you know that it is woman who are supposed to do work while man just direct? Also it is men who is supposed to have plenty clothing? It is not for everyone sha o
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by yussuph: 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2018
donstan18:
A normal man with working brain will relocate if his wife earns 750k when he's earning 150k.

But a wise man with so much wisdom will ask the following questions before deciding what to do.

>Who is my wife?

If you can give yourself answers to these questions, you'll be able to decide. Because it'll be a mistake to take such decision with a wrong woman.

But wait ooo..…Where are the wives earning 750k while there husbands earns 150k, grin Are they Nigerians? Or are they from Croatia? Too much assumptions in this country, grin

����
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by zicoraads: 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL, I know them na.

I won't even advise my husband to resign in such scenario, because it is not something I see myself doing easily. There are so many things that should be considered, not just the difference in their pay.

Lagos has more job opportunities, probably 'safer'... So, I think it is a better option. The relocation doesn't have to be immediate.

He made other points that I strongly agree with.
Kaduna is much safer. But I see myself moving anyway. Kaduna too has a lot of opportunities.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
cruchenutii:

When married? I highly doubt this Sister. It's not beans honestly.

Of course. Say we have a mortgage to pay, am I going to risk going into foreclosure because we don't spend enough time together due to work? No! 1st things 1st. Building a life together is not only about the time you spend together. You have to work together for a shared goal & compromise when necessary. It all depends on the two people involved at the end of the day. If you're both focused on the things you wanna achieve for your life together, a little time apart won't be such a big deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
thatigboman:
why resign when u can transfer?

It depends on the company you work for. If they don't have another branch, what then? Stay put until something comes up, instead of up & leaving without any prospects.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by pocohantas(f): 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
wristbangle:

Shut up jor tongue

In this case, I won't relocate neither will I encourage her to do the same. Between the intimidation of her salary is too much. Earning 5 times more than the husband is a huge one.

I will ensure my salary is twice of her within a year through fervent hustling.

LOL, my dear, no go wound yourself. Marriage is partnership, not a competition. Hustle because it is for the good of you and your family, not just because you are trying to earn more than your wife.

I don't like such mentality. Reminds of this guy then, he told me I don't wanna date him because he is broke. It just gave me a better understanding of his person. Which he eventually showed when he got a job, though I watched from afar.

Of course money will give you a level of respect, but if it is the only reason you are worth anyone's time...you should check yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by LaudableXX: 12:03am On Jul 16, 2018
ono:
OK. So, I'm actually one of such. In fact, I live in Naija here while my wife works in another country and earns more than myself. I've been married for 12 years. I truly enjoy my work and it pays in millions - not the meagre 150K on the table here.

Someone earlier posted some questions to ask before making any move. I have asked those questions and I decided to keep my high paying Naija job. I visit wifey and kids often. There is no question of infidelity, disrespect or the other shitty things associated with the materialistic and lazy women of nowadays and stupid feminists (yes, I dislike feminists). And I have peace of mind.
Guy...where you dey since? shocked I no even dey see yah brake light again. How body? cheesy
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Kylce042(m): 12:04am On Jul 16, 2018
Knowing women very well i won't resign.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

When two hearts are connected, distance becomes a myth grin
We gotta make that money & build an empire, even if we have to sacrifice a few things along the way.
I can't even access my own heart when I'm stressing about money. I toss feelings in the back burner & focus. My advice will only make sense if you're a driven individual with the ability to compartmentalize.

young, dumb and reckless. trust me it's a path u may regret. it might not look like it now, but time my friend, will tell
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by mikendie(m): 12:06am On Jul 16, 2018
Oga, oya, andele, go pack your bags mek we enta kedi sharp sharp.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 16, 2018
Why should any of them resign? Aren't they in the same Nigeria?

Just pick a location to set up a home, commute and stop with the hand wringing drama.
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by thedio(m): 12:15am On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=ybalogs post=69416931]The wife should just agree to be paying the hubby 150k monthly and the deal is sealed. EGO may play a big part in the hubby agreeing though.[/quote
Mind u,she can stop ur salary whenever there is misunderstanding
Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by blazer2018: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Long distance relationship is a ticking bomb no matter d situation and pple involved in it... more often than not, it ends in disaster.

I know for sure that it won't be easy for them to be seeing every weekend or month after d week's work...don't u think d distance between them can open their marriage up to temptation...these days that marriages are crumbling anyhow; those dat live under d same roof o, not to talk of long distance marriages...my success is my wife's and vice versa...if we can't be understanding in such situations then why are we married in d 1st place? But one needs to put this into consideration:

donstan18:

>Who is my wife?

1 Like

Re: Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? by Ndipe(m): 12:22am On Jul 16, 2018
The man should relocate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Husband’s Penis Not Working Well, He Ejaculates Within Seconds – Wife / Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.