Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,984 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

See What APC Is Saying About Governor Ortom's Exit From Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What APC Is Saying About Governor Ortom's Exit From Party (896 Views)

Shehu Sani Dumps APC, Resigns From Party / APC Speaks On Removal Of Orji Uzor Kalu's Name From Party's Register / Man Who Posted False Story About Governor Ortom On Facebook Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What APC Is Saying About Governor Ortom's Exit From Party by Limitednow: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ortom’s Reported Exit Is A Rumour – APC

THE All Progressive Congress (APC) has described the exit of Benue Governor, Samuel Ortom, as a rumour.

Mr Ortom on Monday announced his exit from the APC. The governor said he was chased out hence his decision to leave.

He also hinted of decamping to any party that woos him.

Reacting, the APC who did not believe reports of the governor’s action said Ortom, known for his integrity, could not have dumped the party without first notifying it.

The National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, stated this while addressing newsmen shortly after the meeting of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC),

“The party will not comment on the basis of rumour,” Oshiomhole said.

“I am sure that eventually we will find out the facts of the matter and we will now act.

“Governor Ortom is a respected, prominent member of the APC and he has said repeatedly to me that he will not leave the APC unless he was pushed out,” he added.

Governor Ortom, on Monday, while swearing in a newly appointed Special Adviser on Local Government and Cheftaincy Affairs, Jerome Torshimbe, at the banquet hall of the Government House in Makurdi, the state capital, noted that the APC gave him a red card.

“As for party, I’ve been given the red card and I’m now outside the pitch. So, if I have been given the red card and I’m standing outside, that means I’m a free man,” said Ortom.

“I don’t know what will happen next but I’m waiting. If others approach me, then I will tell the Benue people that I’m joining another football club,” he said.

https://www.headlineng.com/ortoms-exit-rumour-apc/
Re: See What APC Is Saying About Governor Ortom's Exit From Party by CoolFreeday(m): 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
He should go, who him help? APC or Not, he is not coming back
Re: See What APC Is Saying About Governor Ortom's Exit From Party by Emycord: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
FAYEMI VICTORY SHOWS NIGERIANS LOVE BUHARI. BUT OTORM EXIT SHOWS ....?

(1) (Reply)

INEC Is Hiding Some Thing From Us / Kano State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP / PDP Is About To Sink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.