Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” (31602 Views)

Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos / Pope John Paul Visited Abacha And His Family In Nigeria In 1998 (Throwback) / Osoba Worked For Abacha's Government And NADECO At The Same Time - Oshun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by MrMystrO(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:
You mean you served under this man who nearly wrecked Nigeria yet you didn't have the nerves to resign to protest the impunity,.... Smh, Donald you are just another coward..... Sorry we can't vote you in 2019, you all are part of Nigeria's problem

We know na. That's what you will be voting Atiku Next year abi cheesy

Kai Nigerians Lol. This country will NEVER be great. Take it or leave it.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by thunderbabs: 9:34am On Jul 17, 2018
Was jus laffing reading the story... Abacha na case.. Never knew Duke has bin in govt since Abacha oo. Known now
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:
You mean you served under this man who nearly wrecked Nigeria yet you didn't have the nerves to resign to protest the impunity,.... Smh, Donald you are just another coward..... Sorry we can't vote you in 2019, you all are part of Nigeria's problem
please speak for yourself alone...there is no we in the context of voting. It is an individual thing. And no amount of likes you get on NL will paint the true picture of things.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by mikaael(m): 9:43am On Jul 17, 2018
Ngasky:
Hmmmmn. If only the ordinary citizens actually knows what is happening in those corridors of power. Things would have been very different

We all know wat goes on in there....but nobody is ready to take responsibility and ask the right questions
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by naijareferee: 9:44am On Jul 17, 2018
So duke was actually saying... Buhari, adisa and abdulsalam were involved in the bitumen racket. Dan etete became the fall guy for the whole racket and ended kneeling to beg.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by justy15: 9:44am On Jul 17, 2018
Politicians are sycophants n praise singers so far they are connected to the economic pipe draining our common resources. So far they are benefiting the president is a saint before their corrupt eyes

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 17, 2018
Seems you guys don't know that Donald is the finest technocrat with a large reservoir of cranial endowments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by playboy19(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2018
thunderbabs:
Was jus laffing reading the story... Abacha na case.. Never knew Duke has bin in govt since Abacha oo. Known now

The most painful part about stories like this is that, Duke is 56/years old now, in 1993 he was 31, so he was already working in a presidential cabinet at 31 and by 1999 at 37 he became a governor. How many of us can write or tell such story about ourselves today? Painful. Truly painful.

Though I'm grateful for my position, but I look around and still see a lot 30+ not knowing where to start in life. It hurts me to the core. Sometimes I wish I can help more than I currently do. Nigeria which way? Is this how your best talents will be wasting away?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by thunderbabs: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2018
playboy19:

The most painful part about stories like this is that, Duke is 56/years old now, in 1993 he was 31, so he was already working in a presidential cabinet at 31 and by 1999 at 37 he became a governor. How many of us can write or tell such story about ourselves today? Painful. Truly painful.

Though I'm grateful for my position, but I look around and still see a lot 30+ not knowing where to start in life. It hurts me to the core. Sometimes I wish I can help more than I currently do. Nigeria which way? Is this how your bet talents will be wasting away?

Your post hit me. O ja mi lara je... This is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Eldrago(m): 9:57am On Jul 17, 2018
hmmmm he true is it

sure you are not among
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by RedAlert08(m): 9:59am On Jul 17, 2018
namet:

Zoning, tribalism, and turn-by-turn won't allow Duke to go anyway near the presidency.

The "owners of Nigeria" designed the country so they control it. It is why northerners cried during Jonathan years because they thought they're losing that tight grip on Nigeria, eventhough they dominated Jonas government and were building schools and roads in the north while the SouthSouth waited.

The Yorubas supported the north, in exchange for second-place crumbs. Buhari is tightening that grip again by dominating government institutions with fulanis. All appointments go to them today. The armed forces they control. NNPC they control. Every critical appointment go to them. This is how the fulanis and core northerners see Nigeria, as their private property.

We can stop this madness. But, ofcourse the struggle for second-class citizenship between the Yorubas and Igbos is why Nigeria will remain doomed forever! A Donald Duke's presidency remains a dream.
I love your insight. Until Igbos and Yorubas grow above petty rivalry, the hausa/Fulani hegemony would fester.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by playboy19(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2018
mikaael:

We all know wat goes on in there....but nobody is ready to take responsibility and ask the right questions

No you don't. You may think you do, but in truth you don't. You may think you have an idea of what is going on, but you just can't imagine the enormity of what is going on. If Nigerians know, this country would have been broken into pieces.

99% of what you read in the news are PR contents (press releases and hear-say). Only a few are real journalism and they are very hard to come by. Our politicians have perfected the act of hiding the real truth. They have even mastered they act of hiding a perfect secret in the open. It will be staring you in the face and you still won't see it. Nigerian politics is a cult. Who no go, no go know.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Gamesmart: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2018
RexTramadol1:
Nobody saw the statement. "Abacha abhorred corruption".

He is so mentally ill he desired to be the only one allowed to loot Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2018
Azmodan:
That was very interesting

Beginning to see this Duke chap in a whole newlight

I didn't know he has such experience
.thought OBJ administration was his first go at public office

Donald Duke is an Abacha boy just like Orji Uzor Kalu and James Ibori. It is not experience you are discovering but complicity​.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by ugosben(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2018
here
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Donald Duke is an Abacha boy just like Orji Uzor Kalu and James Ibori. It is not experience you are discovering but complicity​.

But would you rather have someone as intelligent as this or buhari whose intelligence can best be compared to that of a 2 year old?

I don't think buhari can spell the word sophisticated even

Buhari is so dumb that his IQ is in negative values
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Bimpe29: 10:14am On Jul 17, 2018
Hmn! That is still happening till today, cabinet members can praise the poor performing President, Governors and Council Chairmen to high heaven solely to retain their seats.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2018
Sharpshooota:

It's all vanity upon vanity
And to think that the current president once described Abacha as a saint makes me shiver..

Same thing is happening right now
Mass looting amid high praises
Yusuf Buhari has choice hotels in Dubai today
These people are jokers
Duke said Abacha hated corruption but what is the actual meaning of Abacha loot?

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by millionboi(m): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2018
nigeriapenbase:

You are misquoting Donald, u need to watch ur mouth.
mumu....didn't ur buhari served under him?
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 17, 2018
Gamesmart:

He is so mentally ill he desired to be the only one allowed to loot Nigeria.
Exactement!
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by mikaael(m): 10:32am On Jul 17, 2018
playboy19:

No you don't. You may think you do, but in truth you don't. You may think you have an idea of what is going on, but you just can't imagine the enormity of what is going on. If Nigerians know, this country would have been broken into pieces.

99% of what you read in the news are PR contents (press releases and hear-say). Only a few are real journalism and they are very hard to come by. Our politicians have perfected the act of hiding the real truth. They have even mastered they act of hiding a perfect secret in the open. It will be staring you in the face and you still won't see it. Nigerian politics is a cult. Who no go, no go know.

I can't agree less tho...its a cult...they all know themselves..

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by CsRockefeller(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2018
playboy19:

Though I'm grateful for my position, but I look around and still see a lot 30+ not knowing where to start in life. It hurts me to the core. Sometimes I wish I can help more than I currently do. Nigeria which way? Is this how your best talents will be wasting away?

My brother I'm scared of joining that group o, I'm 26 very productive and currently serving my father's land. If there is any way u can help Mr I will be most appreciative, I'm a graduate of Economics and I believe there is nothing I can't do. For skills, I write and into graphics and website design though at d beginners level.

I'm really scared, 4 years time, I will be 30 and I can't see any headway.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Goddex: 10:42am On Jul 17, 2018
Azmodan:
That was very interesting

Beginning to see this Duke chap in a whole newlight

I didn't know he has such experience
.thought OBJ administration was his first go at public office
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by userplainly(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:

oga u r stupid! protest don't mean anything to our govt!... so that will be like wasting his time... imagine even if he wants to protest.. how many will join him? 23 people at best out of 100+ millions .... cowards r the ones telling others to protest for the good of all while they hide in Shadows!.... right now the same people will rule for as long as they want and what do we do about it? we chant get ur PVC but who u wan vote for?? ....
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by einsteino(m): 11:29am On Jul 17, 2018
So Duke was part of the most corrupt govt we ever had shocked This country is finisheed! nobody holy. He is still better than Buhari sha
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Lorenzop: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2018
userplainly:

oga u r stupid! protest don't mean anything to our govt!... so that will be like wasting his time... imagine even if he wants to protest.. how many will join him? 23 people at best out of 100+ millions .... cowards r the ones telling others to protest for the good of all while they hide in Shadows!.... right now the same people will rule for as long as they want and what do we do about it? we chant get ur PVC but who u wan vote for?? ....

It is your entire family that is stupid, your father is the most stupid because its obvious you took after him,can you ever make your point without calling people names....tufiakwa
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by userplainly(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:

It is your entire family that is stupid, your father is the most stupid because its obvious you took after him,can you ever make your point without calling people names....tufiakwa

why u called the man stupid and 2019 we still going vote same people into power!... the Oshomoles of this country are still ruling.... We want absolute change of power from old people.. from PDP and APC but every Nigerian I know lick asses of the bigger man.... after all the insult on Buhari if he eventually comes to ur neighborhood u'll forget all that n craw for favour

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by josite: 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
this donald duke is a fool.now we know the source of his wealth.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by otokx(m): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
Will there be a minister of story telling in the next republic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by NonsoWow: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:

He is actually right in calling you stupid. You called someone names and you are angry that you were called names in return! Your mumu don do.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by umarazizz87(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
It's all vanity upon vanity
And to think that the current president once described Abacha as a saint makes me shiver..

Same thing is happening right now
Mass looting amid high praises
Yusuf Buhari has choice hotels in Dubai today
These people are jokers [/quote]

You should criticize Donald Duke too. In this interview, he said that Abacha abhors corruption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And Wife Over Triplets (Photo) / Wike's Parents Pictured With Suzzette Wike In Port-harcourt / Buhari Appoints Jelani Aliyu To Head Nigeria’s Automotive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.