Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:33 AM

Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” (31815 Views)

Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos / Pope John Paul Visited Abacha And His Family In Nigeria In 1998 (Throwback) / Osoba Worked For Abacha's Government And NADECO At The Same Time - Oshun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by ChiefSweetus: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
naijareferee:
So duke was actually saying... Buhari, adisa and abdulsalam were involved in the bitumen racket. Dan etete became the fall guy for the whole racket and ended kneeling to beg.
Analyst cool
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by stevedre: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
MufasaRebirth:

You dey mind the idiot

He may be right because from the amount of recovered loot I think he prefered to loot alone. He was running Nigeria like a drug cartel, there was only 1 boss and you dare not steal from the boss no matter how little.
Do your business with him and take your share but at the same time the boss is ready to spend more than what was stolen in destroying any one who tries to steal from the bussiness so as to send a strong message to others. Remember he was a military dictator who took power by force.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by simplesearch: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
What a narrative! This is a sheer display of brilliance and a solid grasp on political history. His eight years as Gov. of Cross Rivers state tells more about his creativity and dynamic leadership style. Back to Abacha story, the tell tale actually portrays Abacha as someone who steals with impunity and sees nothing wrong with it so long as he's the sole beneficiary. But once it is somebody else that is involved in the same or similar practices it automatically becomes a crime, a corrupt case, an abuse of due process,a lack of transparency, an economic crime, embezzlement of common wealth, this is exactly what the case is now between APC and PDP. How did we get here as a Nation, with myriads of so called Leaders who are completely out of touch with Truth and those they claim to lead.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by oyetunde22: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
post=69452055:
BUNCH OF CRIMINALS

Bunch of criminals like Buhari...... did you read the part that said “buhari was quiet or didn’t say anything throughout the meeting. Body language of corruption.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by franchasng: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2018
Interesting read, just wow.

Nigeria really suffered in the hands of illiterates holding gun cry cry
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by franchasng: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
simplesearch:
What a narrative! This is a sheer display of brilliance and a solid grasp on political history. His eight years as Gov. of Cross Rivers state tells more about his creativity and dynamic leadership style. Back to Abacha story, the tell tale actually portrays Abacha as someone who steals with impunity and sees nothing wrong with it so long as he's the sole beneficiary. But once it is somebody else that is involved in the same or similar practices it automatically becomes a crime, a corrupt case, an abuse of due process,a lack of transparency, an economic crime, embezzlement of common wealth, this is exactly what the case is now between APC and PDP. How did we get here as a Nation, with myriads of so called Leaders who are completely out of touch with Truth and those they claim to lead.
My brother I think Buhari inherited that only me is a saint attitude from Abacha. No wonder he praises Abacha even in death.

God is so merciful sha cry

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by deebrain(m): 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Sharpshooota:

It's all vanity upon vanity
And to think that the current president once described Abacha as a saint makes me shiver..

Same thing is happening right now
Mass looting amid high praises
Yusuf Buhari has choice hotels in Dubai today
These people are jokers

Hmmm...

But I can, in a way, call Abacha a saint.

The killings and intimidation of his time are chicken feed compared to the present regime
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Jethrolite(m): 1:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
RexTramadol1:
Nobody saw the statement. "Abacha abhorred corruption".
I did
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Jethrolite(m): 2:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
iammo:

grin grin, CCTV with which power supply, am sure garba shehu would just change the Chanel to Cartoon Network, you know baba likes cartoon
Lol, you saw Comrade Evah's interview.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Mryacks: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
Azmodan:
That was very interesting

Beginning to see this Duke chap in a whole newlight

I didn't know he has such experience
.thought OBJ administration was his first go at public office

Very interesting read...

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Jhamzy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:
You mean you served under this man who nearly wrecked Nigeria yet you didn't have the nerves to resign to protest the impunity,.... Smh, Donald you are just another coward..... Sorry we can't vote you in 2019, you all are part of Nigeria's problem
If he did, he wouldn't have been alive to tell you this story.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by SternProphet: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
Azmodan:

Same thing we were saying for years. Sign a management contract with an Indian entity for each Refinery. Give them special commissions on avalability, technical Integrity and low cost of production. This DONALD DUKE is brainy. I am beginning to like him. Private business is just as corrupt and inefficient as public sector in Nigeria. Things are just covered up because of bribery of government officials, tax waivers and monopolies and people think private sector is efficiebt.
If we sell refineries now it will likely go to foreign entities who will look at only their GLOBAL petrol market and sell them for scrap. If you sell to players like Dangote, they are also inefficient and corrupt. Dangote has not managed a fair, competitive, hard brained business in his life. All these guys are softy softy looking for government feeding bottle.
I personally have worked with Indian refinery personnel. They are skilled, hard working and things have not come easy for them so they sacrifice for their jobs.

Contacted management is the best for our refineries, preferably to Indian O & M companies with mix of Indian and fillipino labour.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Lorenzop: 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2018
NonsoWow:
He is actually right in calling you stupid. You called someone names and you are angry that you were called names in return! Your mumu don do.
And you just joined the league azzhole
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Chiadikaobi(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
Viking007:
cheesy I read every line & it was worth the time. Interesting article with funny scenes, a really good story indeed. cheesy
I sent you mail bro
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by SternProphet: 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
naijareferee:
So duke was actually saying... Buhari, adisa and abdulsalam were involved in the bitumen racket. Dan etete became the fall guy for the whole racket and ended kneeling to beg.
Not Buhari and not Abdusalami in this instance. Reading this, the attempted scam was between Dan Etete, a born thief and his NNPC officials that did not evacuate bitumen Tanks at KPRC to sell and Adisa the minister of works. Buhari just needed bitumen for roads. You guys should stop trying to drag Buhari into imaginary corruption schemes. If you have supported corrupt clueless politicians in the past then change. Stop looking for moral equivalence, it is inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Viking007(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
Chiadikaobi:
I sent you mail bro
Ok boss.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Viking007(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
Chiadikaobi:
I sent you mail bro
I have replied, definitely on 25th if its not too late. smiley
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by iammo(m): 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
Jethrolite:
Lol, you saw Comrade Evah's interview.
Yes I did on niger delta matters
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Chiadikaobi(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
Viking007:
I have replied, definitely on 25th if its not too late. smiley
Thank you so much Sir

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by naijareferee: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2018
SternProphet:

Not Buhari and not Abdusalami in this instance. Reading this, the attempted scam was between Dan Etete, a born thief and his NNPC officials that did not evacuate bitumen Tanks at KPRC to sell and Adisa the minister of works. Buhari just needed bitumen for roads. You guys should stop trying to drag Buhari into imaginary corruption schemes. If you have supported corrupt clueless politicians in the past then change. Stop looking for moral equivalence, it is inferiority complex

I cant really understand you. Did you read same text I did. How can't you see the correlation duke was trying to paint. I bow for your level of sychophancy. I guess you are the type duke mentioned that was singing praise even when abacha told him to stop. Continue with your praise singing
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by kabillionaire(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
Azmodan:

the guy is da real deal!
he turned cross river into a tourist destination and one of the neatest states in the country.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by 400billionman: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
Azmodan:

The trick is working on you
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Max24: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
El Rufai comes to mind in this dispensation.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by deleo16(m): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
playboy19:

The most painful part about stories like this is that, Duke is 56/years old now, in 1993 he was 31, so he was already working in a presidential cabinet at 31 and by 1999 at 37 he became a governor. How many of us can write or tell such story about ourselves today? Painful. Truly painful.

Though I'm grateful for my position, but I look around and still see a lot 30+ not knowing where to start in life. It hurts me to the core. Sometimes I wish I can help more than I currently do. Nigeria which way? Is this how your best talents will be wasting away?
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by poseidon12: 12:41am On Jul 18, 2018
Thanks to Donald Duke for that revelation. Nigeria is really a circus. Not a country to be taken serious.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by poseidon12: 12:43am On Jul 18, 2018
Lorenzop:
You mean you served under this man who nearly wrecked Nigeria yet you didn't have the nerves to resign to protest the impunity,.... Smh, Donald you are just another coward..... Sorry we can't vote you in 2019, you all are part of Nigeria's problem

Don't say "we". Speak for yourself.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by poseidon12: 12:52am On Jul 18, 2018
j1mmy:
Duke is one of the criminals who benefited under Abacha and subsequent governments, he is a thief by all accounts.

And Buhari is what?
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by j1mmy: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2018
poseidon12:

And Buhari is what?

Buhari is beyond repair, he is a corrupt, criminal, terrorist supporter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg / Fintiri Escapes Unhurt As Truck Crushes Vehicles In His Convoy (photo) / Special Forces Storm Kaduna, Air Assets Deployed Over Crisis. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.