Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,770 members, 7,959,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:02 PM

Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe (6342 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2010
Okay Sir
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by ibgreat(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ Siena

To my understanding, the first rule guding tithe is that before spending any peny from your income deduct 10% from it.

That's what prompted the first question.

Thank you.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by drlawng(m): 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2010
tlops:

well, tithing is part of christianity,

as for those who think otherwise

"How com no tither are among the richest men in the world today? Even in Nigeria can you claim that the richest people in Nigeria pay their tithes.Someone like Dangote is not even a christian let alone paying his tithes ,yet he remains among the richest men in Nigeria.Why haven't his fortunes nose-dived ? "

well there are universal laws in the bible, since we're all Gods children.
seed time and harvest. seeth thou a man diligent in his ways, he shall stand b4 kings and not ordinary men.
even though dangote may not pay tithe, he gives to the needy around him, he employs those who'll pay tithe,

This is by far the dumbest response i have seen so far. Biblically wrong and intellectually nonsensical.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by mantraa: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
@Femmy
You still dont get it do you.

If it was your grandmother that needed a lifesaving heart operation and you had the money to pay for it and save her life, would you take that money and give to your pastor instead? Or worse still if someone else took that money and gave to another pastor for their own personal future blessing.

Pay your tithe with your own money, dont use other peoples money to pay your tithe. It is stealing and a direct violation of the eigth commandment.
Do you think God accepts stolen money?

Where is your integrity?
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2010
mantraa:

Pay your tithe with your own money, dont use other peoples money to pay your tithe. It is stealing and a direct violation of the eigth commandment.
Do you think God accepts stolen money?
Where is your integrity?

Thank you, that's my point exactly. You can't pay your tithes with stolen, or borrowed money.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by Enigma(m): 9:13pm On Jun 15, 2010
Why should anyone "pay" tithes? Who does one owe "tithes" to that one must "pay"? Is this "tithe" thing now a debt that one must "pay"?
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
Am learning
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by Folusade(f): 11:39pm On Jun 15, 2010
@kunleoshob- at the end of your posts, always kindly remember to add, that is my own opinion. Its not as though they are facts.
@poster- dont be deceived- your tithe is an insurance, to ensure unending prosperity. As God promised, He will open the windows of heaven and pour tithers a blessing.
Its true, believe it, dont let anyone confuse you.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 12:29am On Jun 16, 2010
I believe
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by osifred(m): 1:10am On Jun 16, 2010
i am tempted to comment on this thread because i know many pple r bound to make useless comment cos it partiains to religion and tithe

@poster if u believe in the power of tithe please pay your tithe but if u dont believe pls settle your creditor.

this shld nt be much of an issue.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by kijito(f): 5:32am On Jun 16, 2010
I always tithe, there is a law of reciprocity, just like the law of gravity- just because you don't believe in it or understand it- it is still there
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by obamma: 7:57am On Jun 16, 2010
The prosperity teaching of many preachers is false teaching. The Bible does not promise prosperity to those who give money to these false teachers. They will prosper, not you. pls do not be deceived. it is better to take care of the poor and the needy around you day by day than to go and be contributing for an already rich pastor. pls show a a little kindness to t he poor.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by oluwabamis(m): 8:26am On Jun 16, 2010
IS IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NO TITHE FOR A CHRISTIAN, PLS CHECK THIS OUT
http://www.freelygive-n.com/uploads/No_Tithe_Plus_2_-_Imbed_Linkand_R_Box.pdf

did jesus or the apostles paid tithe
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-243179.0.html
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by origen2k: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2010
I want to opinethat tithing is not for the new creation believer.It was for the old covenant of laws imposed on the Jews ONLY.Jesus however urges us to give alms, This is stronger in commitment than tithes in that you have to go to an extent of selling what you have often to give to the poor, Read below.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even as we entered this very day, God the Father ensured that all was certain that the sun was fully poised, ready to shine across the firmament upon all men .However, the fortunes defined by the world order of systems partially favors the one and inexplicably leaves out the another…
I want to say that this very morning already met some people mourning and sorrowing amidst myriad of fears piled up at the doorsteps of their hearts, thinking “What shall I Eat? What shall I drink and what shall I wear?”

That does not sound like you of course because…it’s never you.

As well, there are little children without parents also, probably unlike you and I and these little ones have no clue about how they can steer the course of their entire lives or even to begin with, have something to feed on this day.
In a world driven by hatred, wickedness and greed these abandoned ones have no fighting chance against myriads of odds competing for their daily sustenance.

However, the same morning that met some individuals in perpetual lack and anguish also met some individuals cornered with problems of how to go about dispensing and spending of their wealths.

What shall we then say to these things? It is the partiality of the times--The favoritism that ensures that a succinct few garner and possess the most wealth and resources of the world whilst a very many others scarcely subsist and thereby barely live from hand to mouth.
However thanks be to the almighty that the story is not ended there-- there are men of good hearts and intents. These, like the eyes of the almighty, observed all these and therefore strongly believe that there is a radical solution—a reviewing of this abysmal trend.
And like the heart of the creator, these believe that this societal bedeviling should be ameliorated by one means or the other.
And who are these set of exemplary crop of individuals?

They are no other but you and me.

And the most simple and potent means has been described by the Holy Scriptures: Giving: A very powerful option.

That popular song says give and it shall be given to unto you good measure, press down and shaking together and running over --adapted from the Holy Scriptures. This giving pays eternal dividend in that it ensures something: A promise of a premium treasure account in the heavens as succinctly painted by the biblical passage:

Luk 12:33 “Sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor. Make yourselves wallets that don't wear out-a dependable treasure in heaven, where no thief can get close and no moth can destroy anything.

And the word and promises of God are without fail, for:

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
For indeed no man has been able to sojourn to the heavenlies but there is one bridge that takes you closer to that much desired cherished location: Giving to the poor. Giving to the poor in a very powerful weapon against the militating of the devilish gates of hell against your ascendancy to a stately place after your transition from this carnal dwelling place.

In that light i would want to advocate to us that besides helping the poor out of sympathy, we should also be doers of the word and not hearers only.

Help the needy and deprived and the Almighty God shall surely help you:

Pro 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 8:47am On Jun 16, 2010
Very educative sir.thanks.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by Shokwen: 9:05am On Jun 16, 2010
Ole! Go and pay your debt to ur fellow man so he can pay his tithe too. Give unto Caesar what is Caesars'. We over-pontificate and turn everything on its head. Thief pay your debt! When other monies come in u can pay your tithe. Do u know if your creditor is suffering? What have we turned Christianity into?
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by oluwabamis(m): 9:07am On Jun 16, 2010
My tenant is a pastor, and he is owing me his house rent and electricity bill, he rather prefers to pay his tithe and leave my own money unpaid  (for 6 months now), do you think this is right. Apart from the fact that tithe is not required of the new creation, this pastor is wicked and inconsiderate and has failed in following God's simple command,
Rom 13:8  Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2010
Isnt this a forum where people learn?no need for an unwarranted shout of OLE.Make your input as i am learning and am sure many others has and would to.Thanks.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2010
smiley
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by adefash(m): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2010
[/color]This tithe of a thing sef, [color=Black] i believe its a thing of the mind.let me give my own beblical insight of what tithing is all about.
[/color]MAL.1:11
"FOR FROM THE RISING OF THE SUN, EVEN TO ITS GOING DOWN, MY NAME SHALL BE GREAT AMONG THE GENTILES; IN EVERY PLACE INCENSE SHALL BE OFFERED TO MY NAME AND PURE OFFERING; FOR MY NAME SHALL BE GREAT AMONG THE NATIONS SAYS THE LORD OF HOSTS"
[color=Black]

Why dont we offer incense in every place to God's name according to this verse?

Secondly, tithe is a law according to Heb.7:5 "And indeed those who are sons of levi, who receive tithes from the people according to the [/color]LAW[color=Black], that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham"

This law is no more perfect, and we are redeemed from such laws according to Heb.7:11-19
"11  Therefore, if perfection were through the levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of melchizedek, and not to be called according to the order of Aaron?
12    For the priesthooh being changed, of necessity there is also a change of law.
13    For He of whom these things are spoken belong to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14    For it is evident that our lord arose from Judar, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
15    And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of melchizedek, there arises another priest
16    Who hascome, not according to the law of a fleshly commandement, but according to the power of an endless life.
17    For He testifies;
       "[i][/i]You are a priest forever
        according to the order of melchizedek"
18    For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandement because of its weakness and unprofitableness
19    For the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God"

If tithers say the practise work for them, i dont dispute that. what i believe work for them is the faithfulness to their vow.they vow to be bringing one tenth of their monthly income to the church.someone else may decide to bring in one fifth of his income, which should not be made mandatory or a sermon in church.it is a personal thing.God will honour it and u will get the reward.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by guzenten(m): 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2010
@poster in my own opinion, i think you should pay your debt,, you must understand that a debtor is a slave to his or her lender
, JESUS never borrowed
however, i am an unrepentant addicted tither, since have been tighting, i have enjoyed many things that normally i didnt merit, money is just like 5% of the benefits, so many dividend that money cannot buy,, peace, good health, joy, favour, love, protection.
However you can be a tither and still be frustrated, you have to be diligent, humble, prudent,kind and cut your coat according to your cloth coupled with helping people, then see wether d windows of heavn will nt b open
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2010
Well said.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by shilling(f): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2010
I'd pay my debts, then pay my tithe later on. You can always pay all the tithes you missed at a later time.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2010
My fictional friend just told me that funding came out of nowhere,Tithe and Debt dully paid.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by okooyinbo(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2010
If Nigeria were not a chaotic country with high level of corruption and insincerity, this question would not have been put forward in the first place. If proper law enforcement were in place, you would never needed to be told to repay your debt FIRST. Alas, Nigeria is a lawless community.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by Image123(m): 10:09am On Jun 17, 2010
Some people just love the sensational. See people vomiting over fiction. Thank God the OP even admits it's fiction, unlike some liars (who look set to have their part in the lake of fire) who'll spin stories to win sympathy.
Na today we go hear stories like I'm in the emergency section of the hospital, about to die, my pastor said I should pay my tithe instead of my medical bill, what should I do? Nonsense talk and vain babblings. Keep your money/whatever to yourself, the church will continue to march on. You think the church is existing because of your 10%?how ignorant. You need a dip in the cleansing stream of Christ's blood.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 11:05am On Jun 17, 2010
There are many things we think we know and we definitely do not know and frankly the many divergent views and comment i got on this thread has indeed broadening my horizon and i have indeed learn.
I never anticipate to create a divided house but simply to improve more on my understanding of a vital tool of tithe and tithing.

Okooyinbo,
You have said your view and very well understood and you have very well helped re-orientate many.

Image123,
Thanks greatly for understanding the fact that a fictional character can be employ a times to help bring out the frank views of many regarding a prevailing issue that many though see irrelevant but very much important for us to discuss it and learn.
I have learn and would continually learn and all thanks to my fellow NLers.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by kenosky: 11:06am On Jun 17, 2010
[size=13pt]Na wa 2 u o Poster. Even the Bible talk say make you settle ya debt lest u be dragged in front of a Judge and jailed/imprisoned. When the fellow was lending u the dough- u no remember say u go pay tithe? Y do people love to repay good with evil. Now, u wan tell the gee say make im no vex cos u wan pay ya tithe (which i dont have any issues with BTW) at the detriment of the loan he gave you or your fictional friend![/size]
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 11:10am On Jun 17, 2010
Uncle Kenosky,
We are all learning.yOU do and i have.
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by adefash(m): 11:47am On Jun 17, 2010
@poster
lets see it this way: you took a bank loan in which your collateral is ur family house or ur only building.u want to pay back the loan.u have the exact money to cover the loan.if u take away ur tithe, the remaining wont be enof to pay ur loan, and there is a time limit for the repayment of the loan.what do u do.
On the other hand, u are preparing for ur final year exam in which ur tuition fee receipt is part of the gate pass.someone borrowed the money from u from the begining of the semester.He just walked up to u two weeks to ur exams telling u this is ur money but i want to go and pay my tithe from it first.will u advice him to go and use ur tuition fee to settle tithe issue?
Re: Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe by femmy2010(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
Adefash,
Though i am not in that shoe but do you know if i sow a seed/tithe of part of the money meant for the loan repayment into the life of another that very much need it with faith do you realize that i wont be put to shame?someway somehow things would work out and i wont lose the house used as collateral.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? / Screenshots -Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Now Anita Ebhodaghe!!! / Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.