Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc (5899 Views)

Senate Presidency Tussle: Votes May Sell For $5,000, $10,000 / Daniel Bwala: Atiku Has Inherited Buhari’s 12 Million Northern Votes / 2023 Presidency: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Begin Real Battle For Northern Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by benzion72(m): 11:56am On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Your right but that doesnt translate votes to pdp actually.pdp would have benefitted if only they had strong structures there.in 2011,tinubu was interested only in retaining the south west and not presidency.we all knew that ribadu wasnt going anywhere.finally,there are rumours of a secret alliance he had with gej.in 2015 he showed interest,you could see the results

I am not a PDP mouth pieces what I know is that it will not be an easy ride for pmb to go back to aso rock. I am sure Oshiomole will not even impose Buhari there Will be a proper primary in apc . The loss in Ekiti is self destruction by Fayose who ruled as an emperor for the past four years and abandoned all his leuitiant he even gave a king house arrest. So APC must not think the victory is base on theit popularity

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by DeOTR: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:
Buhari is a brand,a one man mopol.even his greatest critics like ffk and yakassai recognized that.gej was a weakling,indecisive,unruthless,too forgiving and hesitant.buhari is clearly the opposite just like obj.goodluck had no real loyalists except his wife.most of his loyallists like edwin clark were only after the money.buhari has die hard loyallists who love him unconditionally like me.that is how you underestimated fayemi.whether you like it or not,apc have superior political strategists than pdp.
Dont forget that a lot of npower volunteers will vote plus apc may resort to vote buying
For someone who once lost to Jonathan, until Tinubu came to the rescue, this is rich.
You're over rating Buhari.
I never underestimated Fayemi. I have nothing against him. He's more useful to me than Fayose.
It's true, Buhari has diehard loyalists, but remember that didn't win him the election? Yes most N-power beneficiaries are the ones supporting him blindly. Not surprised

5 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

You have come again,you never learn after apc humbled you in ekiti.i will have preferred if you opposed buhari from another party other than pdp or you were in a neutral position.i wonder why people still support apc
You keep shouting APC,u think in 2019,where there would be election all over Nigeria, buhari would send 30000 police or 5000 naira to buy votes?
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Is there any elected leader who doesnt rig? How were you expecting fayose to win while owing 7 months?
But u see APC winning Osun despite oweing 24months salary?
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But u see APC winning Osun despite oweing 24months salary?
Half salary actually,the state collects less than a billion every month which isnt enough for anything.ogbeni rauf has been transparent in displaying the earnings of the state to the workers.even a pdp governor would not do anything.
Aregbe might be owing but he has infrastructure on ground to show which all and sundry can see unlike fayose who had nothing to show.even before the ekiti polls,i said it severally that apc will retain osun and likely lose in ekiti...
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Half salary actually,the state collects less than a billion every month which isnt enough for anything.ogbeni rauf has been transparent in displaying the earnings of the state to the workers.even a pdp governor would not do anything.
Aregbe might be owing but he has infrastructure on ground to show which all and sundry can see unlike fayose who had nothing to show.even before the ekiti polls,i said it severally that apc will retain osun and likely lose in ekiti...
Why is the state collecting half salary,because ogbeni have used debts to finish the state,whose fault is it? Does Anambra not pay full salary with infrastructure s on ground?

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by bakila: 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

You are right but his opponents inspire no confidence and will spark electoral disinterest.i predicted the ekiti polls and it happened as i predicted.
Concerning the north central,i see apc narrowly winning kogi or losing it.the okun and igala votes may be divided but igbira votes will heavily go for buhari.i see buhari losing plateau narrowly like in 2015.i see him also losing benue narrowly.if saraki decamps,buhari will lose kwara narrowly.i see buhari winning fct and nasarawa narrowly and a landslide win in niger state more than he got in 2015.whoever wins the middle belt wont do so with more than 500k.
Spot on. However, PDP people want to deny the potential gains of the APC in the SS/SE, particularly gains from Rivers State. If the repairs of Odukpani and Itu road is true, Buhari will benefit some votes from that.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by alizma: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Its you that wil be shocked.if as a non incumbent he narrowly won,what will he get as an incumbent? Please compare obj's results in 1999 and 2007 to get a glimpse of what buhari will do
brother stop teaching them, they are very stubborn. you have made your point clear and those good political students who are void of bias or ethnic sentiment can see meaning in your point but PDP online town crier will not want your voice to be heard. however they will remember this post come 2019

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by tuniski: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Aregbesola wasnt owing as much as he is now as of 2014.again,aregbesola had a lot of infrastructural projects on ground and more are still coming up.after lagos,osun is 2nd on infrastructure.this made up for that salary deficit.moving to ekiti,what infrastructure has fayose put on ground apart from the over inflated fly over commissioned this year?

Heheheheheheh. Listen to yourself!
Aregbe spent years. Of plenty owing salaries and humongous debt while Fayose has been through Buhari's recession!

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Why is the state collecting half salary,because ogbeni have used debts to finish the state,whose fault is it? Does Anambra not pay full salary with infrastructure s on ground?
Ndi anambra,leave osun matter please.anambra collects more allocation and generates more than osun.aregbesola borrowed to fund infrastructure which is the right thing to do with loans.if you go to osun,you will be amazed.

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by tuniski: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
alizma:

brother stop teaching them, they are very stubborn. you have made your point clear and those good political students who are void of bias or ethnic sentiment can see meaning in your point but PDP online town crier will not want your voice to be heard. however they will remember this post come 2019
SO what benefit is buhari's victory? Or it is just about saying oh I won the prediction like Betnaija?

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
tuniski:

Heheheheheheh. Listen to yourself!
Aregbe spent years. Of plenty owing salaries and humongous debt while Fayose has been through Buhari's recession!
The topic is about 2019 polls.lets stay on that.but similar states like nasarawa and ebonyi have been through recession.why are they not owing 7 months?

3 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Ndi anambra,leave osun matter please.anambra collects more allocation and generates more than osun.aregbesola borrowed to fund infrastructure which is the right thing to do with loans.if you go to osun,you will be amazed.
I thought u guys said Osun igr is bigger than SE

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by tuniski: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
bakila:

Spot on. However, PDP people want to deny the potential gains of the APC in the SS/SE, particularly gains from Rivers State. If the repairs of Odukpani and Itu road is true, Buhari will benefit some votes from that.

Election is about perception not performance most times if not Buhari should be defeated in the primaries!
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
bakila:

That road is a road i ply weekly,its worse state was under gej until buhari repaired it in late 2016 and is abour to dualize it.ait beemed a progamme showing how nddc has carried out more projects in bayelsa last year alone than what gej and seriaks have done.buhari is a silent performer.buhari has done more for the south than gej did while still citing some projects up north

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You keep shouting APC,u think in 2019,where there would be election all over Nigeria, buhari would send 30000 police or 5000 naira to buy votes?
Buhari will concentrate the security agencies mostly in ss/se including vote buying since these are his weakest zones.apc strategists already have that area marked down
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
tuniski:

Election is about perception not performance most times if not Buhari should be defeated in the primaries!
I thought you said he hasnt performed and that people hate him base on that.perception can be changed sha

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Buhari will concentrate the security agencies mostly in ss/se including vote buying since these are his weakest zones.apc strategists already have that area marked down
And PDP would concentrate theirs in the North.

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I thought u guys said Osun igr is bigger than SE
Am from cross river and i dont involve myself with east/west debates.the truth is after lagos and rivers,anambra is the next though kaduna,kano and ogun are catching up gradually.after my state,anambra is a state i lovs most.i will even give my first son an anambra name
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
And PDP would concentrate theirs in the North.
Do opposition control security agents? I thought you were in apga.anyway pdp has already started focusing on the north but they lack the people to checkmate apc in ne/nw.that would be their undoing which necessitated my topic

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Am from cross river and i dont involve myself with east/west debates.the truth is after lagos and rivers,anambra is the next though kaduna,kano and ogun are catching up gradually.after my state,anambra is a state i lovs most.i will even give my first son an anambra name
But u supported APC to win in Anambra?
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Do opposition control security agents? I thought you were in apga.anyway pdp has already started focusing on the north but they lack the people to checkmate apc in ne/nw.that would be their undoing which necessitated my topic
APGA and PDP are one

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But u supported APC to win in Anambra?
I was neutral but i didnt want pdp to win.i stayed in anambra for one year and knows how strong apga its.its like a religion just like how buhari is up north.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
APGA and PDP are one
Yes when peter obi was still in apga.but since he left,you could see that apga and apc were tilting towards each other.most of the adhoc staffs of inec and the returning officer were from my state and alma mater UNICAL.one of the polling officers in ogbunka,orumba south lga was a coursemate.hes a core buharist.from what i heard from them,there was a secret ploy to allow apga to win by apc.i would have been part of that poll but got the info late.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Yes when peter obi was still in apga.but since he left,you could see that apga and apc were tilting towards each other.most of the adhoc staffs of inec and the returning officer were from my state and alma mater UNICAL.one of the polling officers in ogbunka,orumba south lga was a coursemate.hes a core buharist.from what i heard from them,there was a secret ploy to allow apga to win by apc.i would have been part of that poll but got the info late.
Keep dreaming,APC is hated in Anambra,and APGA would always support PDP during the presidntial election,there is no amount of rigging or vote buying that would make people vote apc.Atiku is a friend of Ndi Igbo,have many boys like Soludo if PDP gives him the ticket,forget it,PDP should just focus on splitting northern vote which they didn't do in 2015 and would be easy cos of the killings in middlebet,SE and SS is guaranteed for them.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Keep dreaming,APC is hated in Anambra,and APGA would always support PDP during the presidntial election,there is no amount of rigging or vote buying that would make people vote apc.Atiku is a friend of Ndi Igbo,have many boys like Soludo if PDP gives him the ticket,forget it,PDP should just focus on splitting northern vote which they didn't do in 2015 and would be easy cos of the killings in middlebet,SE and SS is guaranteed for them.
Guy,i hate it when i give people hard facts and evidences and they still believe in falseness.i think i will limit my arguments to reasonable people like barcanista,precision fixed and other pdp members who are understanding and bow to superior facts.
Pdp will win anambra for sure but not with same margin as before.expect buhari to get close to 100k votes.how can you even be mentioning a technocrat like soludo? Your very funny.you dont even know whether your in apga or pdp,please pick a hustle.this ekiti poll should have humbled you by now and shown you how formidable apc is.
Dont forget ipob will likely boycott the polls.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by bakila: 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
tuniski:

I salute your for still staying in 2014. Since 2015, the situation has changed and it is a mixture of both.

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by DeWorlex45(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
senatordave1:

I know but one advantage apc has over pdp is that they have superior political planners,strategies,rigging formulae.the pdp knows which is why they had to hastily arrange a phantom alliance with some irrelevant parties.
Sir, u are obviously overrating d APC with dis statement. When was d APC created dt makes them have superior planners, & strategists?? Everyone knows that almost 70% of APC bigwigs are former PDP members. what we are suffering today is d selfish ambitions of our politicians which make them defect to other parties at will.

APC is equal to former PDP big shots. Can someone name ''10 APC bigwigs'' & let trace their political backgrounds.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by Ihateyoumod: 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
DeOTR:

I've been to at least 10 INEC offices in 4 different state in the last one month. Most people have other means of identifications- NationaNational ID Card comes to mind. Voters registration is apparently much more difficult for people than NIMC. I was in Suleja INEC office today and people have to be there as early as 4am to make the list.
In essence, no one would go through that stress when there are alternatives.
Buhari has lost people's confidence and many people will vote purposely to against the President, not because they are interested in who wins.
Except Buhari has rigging in mind, he's not coming back.

I hate it when people act like rigging just started in Nigeria, APC started rigging in Nigeria with the ekiti election. Which party started rigging n this country. Was obasanjo not sitting down in his parlour deciding who won elections in a state.

What's ur point, u r acting like oh in 2015 only APC rigged . PDP didn't rig......abeg make I hear word

2 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
DeWorlex45:
Sir, u are obviously overrating d APC with dis statement. When was d APC created dt makes them have superior planners, & strategists?? Everyone knows that almost 70% of APC bigwigs are former PDP members. what we are suffering today is d selfish ambitions of our politicians which make them defect to other parties at will.

APC is equal to former PDP big shots. Can someone name ''10 APC bigwigs'' & let trace their political backgrounds.
70 percent of apc people were not from pdp.even more than 50 percent of apc members were never in pdp.tinubu,buhari,osinbajo,aregbesola,akande,oyegun,oshiomhole,senators sani yerima,bukar abba,ahmed lawan,abubakar malami,lawal daura,tony momoh,governor obaseki,gboyega oyetola,faruj adamu,kabir marafa,remi tinubu,gbenga ashafa,lekan adeola,rotimi aketi,mamora,hadi sirika,aminu shagali,jafaru isa,phillip shuaibu,great ogboru,kemi adeosun,fashola,ogbonnaya onu,moshood adeoti,babachir lawal,Kashim shettima,ibrahim geidam,Lai mohammed,mustapha bello were never in pdp.thats over 30

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by DeWorlex45(m): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
senatordave1:

70 percent of apc people were not from pdp.even more than 50 percent of apc members were never in pdp.tinubu,buhari,osinbajo,aregbesola,akande,oyegun,oshiomhole,senators sani yerima,bukar abba,ahmed lawan,abubakar malami,lawal daura,tony momoh,governor obaseki,gboyega oyetola,faruj adamu,kabir marafa,remi tinubu,gbenga ashafa,lekan adeola,rotimi aketi,mamora,hadi sirika,aminu shagali,jafaru isa,phillip shuaibu,great ogboru,kemi adeosun,fashola,ogbonnaya onu,moshood adeoti,babachir lawal,Kashim shettima,ibrahim geidam,Lai mohammed,mustapha bello were never in pdp.thats over 30
U Try sir

3 Likes

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by Amumaigwe: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
senatordave1:
On the runup to the 2019 polls,pdp are engrossed in looking for a candidate or tactics that may divide buhari's northern votes.this has made them to neglect their southern strongholds and flanks allowing apc to penetrate them deeply.none of those vying for the party's ticket can even win their states.the only northerners that have a chance of shocking buhari is the sultan and the emir of kano.yaradua the only northerner that defeated buhari had more electoral advantages than buhari.no other candidate has that now.the mass following buhari had wasnt cultivated in a day but years.atiku,tambuwal,saraki,dankwambo ars only popular among the elites.
Apc is currently stronger in the south than pdp in the north.apc controls 8 sourhern states while pdp controls 2 northern states barring the defections of sokoto,kwara and benue governors.apc have a foothold in all the southeast and south south states.even bayelsa and enugu where there are weak,they are still strong as compared to pdp in buchi,borno or yobe.buhari will likely get a significant proportion of southern votes.
Rivers:pdp will win rivers as usual but not with their usual margin.i see apc getting up to 300,000 votes in rivers mainly from rivers south east district controlled by senator abe.the combo of amaechi/abe/amachree may floor wike.many of those that rig for pdp in rivers have been detained or now in apc.
Cross river:the govetnor is pdp but pro buhari and will not campaign against buhari but focus on his reelection.the senator representing central cross river is now in apc and very popular.he will deliver that zone to apc.i see buhari getting up to 100k votes.most of tge bigwigs in the state are in apc.
Delta:the presence of ogboru in apc plus senator agege will give buhari a lot of urhobo votes.emami will deliver warri votes with apc making sure anioma,ijaw and isoko votes are not inflated.i see apc getting close to 300k votes here with pdp not getting more than a million.
Edo: with adams as chairman,i see apc winning here outrightly or narrowly.apc votes in edo north will be inflated,pdp will win the central dominated by the ishans with apc narrowly winning the south.i see apc getting 300k with pdp 200k.
Akwa ibom:many bigwigs here that usually delivered for pdp are now in apc.the alliance of nsim aekere/umanah will give pdp a headache.udom is friendly with buhari and will not campaign much against him.the oron people of akwa ibom south are pro apc plus a lot of ibibios.i see buhari polling over 200,000 with pdp polling 800,000.
Bayelsa:this is where apc are most weakest in bayelsa but may pull a shocker with seriake's lukewarm attitude.i see timipre inflating his brass lga figure tk give apc at least 20k votes with pdp not getting above 200,000.

Imo: apc will win or lose imo narrowly.rochas is a fighter and plus his senatorial bid,he will match pdp toe to toe.whoever wins will not do so with more than 100,000 votes with apc guaranteed of getting 25%.
Anambra:obiano is comfortable to apc and averse to pdp.apga may field a candidate to reduce pdp votes.i see buhari polling over 100k with pdp struggling to get 300,000
Abia:alex otti will ally with apc and give buhari close to 100,000 votes with pdp not getting more than 300k.
Ebonyi:umahi is pro buhari and will subtle campaign for him.i see apc getting more than 50k votes here with pdp still winning.
In summary,apc may get up to 1.5 million votes in ss and over 500,000 in south east.buhari will win the west narrowly.i see him getting up to 22 millon with pdp getting close to 14 million.up apc

Your SE/SS forecast makes me think you are high on mad cow dung. APC is leprosy in those regions. Cross your finger and watch it unravel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties / Osun Rerun: See All The Atrocities APC Is Doing At Polling Units / AIT Complete Aerial View: Massive Atiku PDP Rally In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.