Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc (5908 Views)

Senate Presidency Tussle: Votes May Sell For $5,000, $10,000 / Daniel Bwala: Atiku Has Inherited Buhari’s 12 Million Northern Votes / 2023 Presidency: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Begin Real Battle For Northern Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by Amumaigwe: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
uche44:
For your information be informed that what PDP do in Rivers is the same thing that they did at Ekiti that makes it look as if that the just concluded election was rigged. They are trying to use their mouth and media to assume that they are dominating but in the grassroots where the game is played they are no where to be found. Am from Rivers State quote me anywhere that PDP will not win in my State although they may win some federal and state houses of Assembly for sure but taken over Rivers mmm! its a match made in heaven for them.

You may be from Rivers state but I doubt if you live in Rivers state going by your comment. If you voice this trash in any part of Rivers State, you will turn to bernecue. Be warned!
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by Nationalman: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
senatordave1:
On the runup to the 2019 polls,pdp are engrossed in looking for a candidate or tactics that may divide buhari's northern votes.this has made them to neglect their southern strongholds and flanks allowing apc to penetrate them deeply.none of those vying for the party's ticket can even win their states.the only northerners that have a chance of shocking buhari is the sultan and the emir of kano.yaradua the only northerner that defeated buhari had more electoral advantages than buhari.no other candidate has that now.the mass following buhari had wasnt cultivated in a day but years.atiku,tambuwal,saraki,dankwambo ars only popular among the elites.
Apc is currently stronger in the south than pdp in the north.apc controls 8 sourhern states while pdp controls 2 northern states barring the defections of sokoto,kwara and benue governors.apc have a foothold in all the southeast and south south states.even bayelsa and enugu where there are weak,they are still strong as compared to pdp in buchi,borno or yobe.buhari will likely get a significant proportion of southern votes.
Rivers:pdp will win rivers as usual but not with their usual margin.i see apc getting up to 300,000 votes in rivers mainly from rivers south east district controlled by senator abe.the combo of amaechi/abe/amachree may floor wike.many of those that rig for pdp in rivers have been detained or now in apc.
Cross river:the govetnor is pdp but pro buhari and will not campaign against buhari but focus on his reelection.the senator representing central cross river is now in apc and very popular.he will deliver that zone to apc.i see buhari getting up to 100k votes.most of tge bigwigs in the state are in apc.
Delta:the presence of ogboru in apc plus senator agege will give buhari a lot of urhobo votes.emami will deliver warri votes with apc making sure anioma,ijaw and isoko votes are not inflated.i see apc getting close to 300k votes here with pdp not getting more than a million.
Edo: with adams as chairman,i see apc winning here outrightly or narrowly.apc votes in edo north will be inflated,pdp will win the central dominated by the ishans with apc narrowly winning the south.i see apc getting 300k with pdp 200k.
Akwa ibom:many bigwigs here that usually delivered for pdp are now in apc.the alliance of nsim aekere/umanah will give pdp a headache.udom is friendly with buhari and will not campaign much against him.the oron people of akwa ibom south are pro apc plus a lot of ibibios.i see buhari polling over 200,000 with pdp polling 800,000.
Bayelsa:this is where apc are most weakest in bayelsa but may pull a shocker with seriake's lukewarm attitude.i see timipre inflating his brass lga figure tk give apc at least 20k votes with pdp not getting above 200,000.

Imo: apc will win or lose imo narrowly.rochas is a fighter and plus his senatorial bid,he will match pdp toe to toe.whoever wins will not do so with more than 100,000 votes with apc guaranteed of getting 25%.
Anambra:obiano is comfortable to apc and averse to pdp.apga may field a candidate to reduce pdp votes.i see buhari polling over 100k with pdp struggling to get 300,000
Abia:alex otti will ally with apc and give buhari close to 100,000 votes with pdp not getting more than 300k.
Ebonyi:umahi is pro buhari and will subtle campaign for him.i see apc getting more than 50k votes here with pdp still winning.
In summary,apc may get up to 1.5 million votes in ss and over 500,000 in south east.buhari will win the west narrowly.i see him getting up to 22 millon with pdp getting close to 14 million.up apc
You have said it all.lets just go and sleep.am already thinking of 2023.leave them.They will come out and start massaging their crooked blokus.After BuBu wins they will start shouting.This what have been saying let them keep deceiving them selves with Atiku & Co. while APC keep enchroaching into the Southern parts of the country

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by Nationalman: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
benzion72:
One thing I know very well is that Pmb will loose all southern states massively cause of unfulfilled promises and the way he handled Fulani herdsmen crisis.

Even in the north he cannot command mumu blind followersheeps all their livelihood has been destroyed case of zamfara
I am not sure of middle belt because those ones are malls serf
Unfulfiled promises you say .shut up
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by benzion72(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nationalman:

See yourself APC apologist without a single reason to adduce or fulfilled promises of 2015 mentioned
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by OmoOshodi(m): 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
People are hungry and waiting for 2019 election to end their suffering .... You are here saying trash ..... If Audu our gateman a strong supporter of Buhari from Katsina could say this "wahalai oga... Buhari e no go win 2019..... Ba abinchi mona".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by DeWorlex45(m): 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
senatordave1:

70 percent of apc people were not from pdp.even more than 50 percent of apc members were never in pdp.tinubu,buhari,osinbajo,aregbesola,akande,oyegun,oshiomhole,senators sani yerima,bukar abba,ahmed lawan,abubakar malami,lawal daura,tony momoh,governor obaseki,gboyega oyetola,faruj adamu,kabir marafa,remi tinubu,gbenga ashafa,lekan adeola,rotimi aketi,mamora,hadi sirika,aminu shagali,jafaru isa,phillip shuaibu,great ogboru,kemi adeosun,fashola,ogbonnaya onu,moshood adeoti,babachir lawal,Kashim shettima,ibrahim geidam,Lai mohammed,mustapha bello were never in pdp.thats over 30
Am sorry for comming up late. I like d names u put there, but apart from BUHARI, TINUBU,AREGBESOLA,FASHOLA,OYEGUN,AKEREDOLU&OBASEKI & other governors u mentioned. I dont see d rest as Heavyweights because many of them were given just appointments after d success of APC in 2015. Was Osibanjo a real politician?? apart frm Commisioner for Tinubu??

Where are d likes of
BUKOLA SARAKI
ROTIMI AMEACHI. Min Ttransport
ROCHAS OKOROCHA. Gov of Imo state
KWANKWASO. Former Gov Kano
EL RUFAI. Gov of Kaduna
IBIKUNLE AMOSUN. Gov of Ogun state
AMINU TAMBUWAL. Gov of Sokota state
ABUBAKA BELLO, Gov of Niger state
AMINU MASARI. Gov of Katsina
BADARU ABUBAKA. Jigawa
SIMON LALONG. Plateau
ABDULAHI GANDUJE. Kano
TANKO ALMAKURA. Nasarrawa
ABUBAKA BAGUDU. Kebbi
BINDOW JIBRILLA. Adamawa.
CHRIS NGIGE. Min Labour.

Remember that ABDULFATAH AHAMED, Kwara. & SAMUEL ORTOM, Benue. just defect back from APC last week. U cant name APC heavyweights without these people because they control their respective states, not individuals whom we never heard much about them prior to their appointment.

Infact, ATIKU ABUBAKA did alot for d APC while he was still wit them, even OBASANJO's support for d APC prior to now can not be overlooked. Many ministers now are former PDP members. I am not a PDP member, but am here to against d fact dt APC is superior or special to PDP, when it is public knowlege dt d majority of d ''Big Shots'' in APC now are former PDP members, d lists are endless & am sure u know it.
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 2:02am On Jul 23, 2018
DeWorlex45:
Am sorry for comming up late. I like d names u put there, but apart from BUHARI, TINUBU,AREGBESOLA,FASHOLA,OYEGUN,AKEREDOLU&OBASEKI & other governors u mentioned. I dont see d rest as Heavyweights because many of them were given just appointments after d success of APC in 2015. Was Osibanjo a real politician?? apart frm Commisioner for Tinubu??

Where are d likes of
BUKOLA SARAKI
ROTIMI AMEACHI. Min Ttransport
ROCHAS OKOROCHA. Gov of Imo state
KWANKWASO. Former Gov Kano
EL RUFAI. Gov of Kaduna
IBIKUNLE AMOSUN. Gov of Ogun state
AMINU TAMBUWAL. Gov of Sokota state
ABUBAKA BELLO, Gov of Niger state
AMINU MASARI. Gov of Katsina
BADARU ABUBAKA. Jigawa
SIMON LALONG. Plateau
ABDULAHI GANDUJE. Kano
TANKO ALMAKURA. Nasarrawa
ABUBAKA BAGUDU. Kebbi
BINDOW JIBRILLA. Adamawa.
CHRIS NGIGE. Min Labour.

Remember that ABDULFATAH AHAMED, Kwara. & SAMUEL ORTOM, Benue. just defect back from APC last week. U cant name APC heavyweights without these people because they control their respective states, not individuals whom we never heard much about them prior to their appointment.

Infact, ATIKU ABUBAKA did alot for d APC while he was still wit them, even OBASANJO's support for d APC prior to now can not be overlooked. Many ministers now are former PDP members. I am not a PDP member, but am here to against d fact dt APC is superior or special to PDP, when it is public knowlege dt d majority of d ''Big Shots'' in APC now are former PDP members, d lists are endless & am sure u know it.
Saraki controls kwara which gives meagre votes and buhari can win without kwara.buhari doesnt need tambuwal to win sokoto,he has aways won sokoto.apc had 69000 votes in rivers in 2015 which is shameful so your overrating amaechi.el rufai won because of buhari popularity in kaduna,buhari even forced him to contest.atiku did a lot financially back the but hes been repayed and others have replaced him.tanko al makura has always been with buhari.he defeated the incumbent governor in 2011 because of bubu.buhari has always won kano without kwankwaso with 1.6 million.rabiu only added 300k votes in 2015 .amosun is important.bagudu won kebbi because of buhari,ngige couldnt deliver anambra for buhari.badaru,sani bello and masari won because of buhari and totally lean on him.lalong won bwcause of votes from jos north who are buhari loyallists.bindowo is important but adamawa gives meagre votes.buhari won benue because of akume not ortom who is now a liability.
As you can see,most of this npdp people are dispensable and are overrated.they didnt contribute more than a million votez,buhari will still have won if you minus their votes quota.the main apc people are from cpc,acn,anpp,apga.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by rhidollah(m): 6:35am On Jul 23, 2018
DeWorlex45:
Sir, u are obviously overrating d APC with dis statement. When was d APC created dt makes them have superior planners, & strategists?? Everyone knows that almost 70% of APC bigwigs are former PDP members. what we are suffering today is d selfish ambitions of our politicians which make them defect to other parties at will.

APC is equal to former PDP big shots. Can someone name ''10 APC bigwigs'' & let trace their political backgrounds.
ogbonaya onu
the current minister of niger delta
tinubu
fashola
fayemi
ambode
aregbesola
ajimobi
shittu
ovie omo agege
ogboru
oshiomole
obaseki
akeredolu
buhari
ahmad lawan
etc,thats to mention but few
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by Hedonisst: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2018
candy:
Forget the analysis; buhari will win 2019. Not because of your votes, but because APC has perfected the art of rigging and Nigerians have perfected the art of selling their votes.

This is the whole truth unfortunately, but that's why Nigerians must prepare now. We must resist this attempt. If Jonathan wasn't allowed to rig, then there's no reason Buhari should be allowed to.

The fact that this whole analysis is predicated on rigging makes me very uncomfortable. As if we should accept it as a fait accompli that this incompetent animal called Buhari would rig himself into a second term in spite of his unprecedented failure and that there's nothing Nigerians can do about.
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by aribisala0(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2018
senatordave1:

Its you that wil be shocked.if as a non incumbent he narrowly won,what will he get as an incumbent? Please compare obj's results in 1999 and 2007 to get a glimpse of what buhari will do
Somebody will shock
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by aribisala0(m): 8:04am On Jul 23, 2018
senatordave1:

Saraki controls kwara which gives meagre votes and buhari can win without kwara.buhari doesnt need tambuwal to win sokoto,he has aways won sokoto.apc had 69000 votes in rivers in 2015 which is shameful so your overrating amaechi.el rufai won because of buhari popularity in kaduna,buhari even forced him to contest.atiku did a lot financially back the but hes been repayed and others have replaced him.tanko al makura has always been with buhari.he defeated the incumbent governor in 2011 because of bubu.buhari has always won kano without kwankwaso with 1.6 million.rabiu only added 300k votes in 2015 .amosun is important.bagudu won kebbi because of buhari,ngige couldnt deliver anambra for buhari.badaru,sani bello and masari won because of buhari and totally lean on him.lalong won bwcause of votes from jos north who are buhari loyallists.bindowo is important but adamawa gives meagre votes.buhari won benue because of akume not ortom who is now a liability.
As you can see,most of this npdp people are dispensable and are overrated.they didnt contribute more than a million votez,buhari will still have won if you minus their votes quota.the main apc people are from cpc,acn,anpp,apga.
Not sure what you mean by meagre votes.

Does not matter if there are 10 people in a state. There is a requirement to get 25% of the votes cast in 24 states. In that regard all states are equal. Many people are either ignorant of this or just forget.

It is possible for for Mr A to win the presidential election after getting fewer votes in total than Mr B

Presidential election is not simply about majority votes.

Prsident must fulfil the criteria of spread.
I do not see buhari getting more than 15 or 16 states in the North rule out Benue ,Kwara,Taraba
so he must get 25% in 8 Southern states not impossible but challenging . We shall see
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by DeWorlex45(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2018
senatordave1:

I like u to remember that d BUHARI whom u think is politically strong had contested for Presidency ''3 consecutive times,'' why has he not won d previous elections if u think all his weak loyalists u lists here are so powerful to deliver him presidential votes. I know u will hav to come up with things to defend dis issue, but those who knows already know, & i still maintain the fact that many APC BigWigs are former PDP members, not individuals whom we now know due to their Federal Appointments. Apart from some ACN members, how many CPC, & APGA members do we know as a very strong politicians with elective or appointed positions??

I think u understand wat it means to be a member of a party in Federal Power for 16yrs. The nPDP members in APC now are d ones strategizing & planning wit d master planner; TINUBU. PDP is a party dt controlled Nigeria for 16yrs, APGA only has ANAMBRA, & CPC Is known for losing elections.

Sir, i may not be able to reply d mention again due to work. I already got ur point & i like u to understand mine, which is actually a choice. But d political picture in Nigeria is clearer enough, even to d blind. Best Regards,.
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by benzion72(m): 8:22am On Jul 24, 2018
Nationalman:

We know you, youth destroying their future because of stipend. We know the army of social media e-rat engaged by this administration. When people like you are in the presidential race. People like Fela Durotoye, Sowore and Moghalu. You are still gunning for old papa. Now your suffering continue after the election, your service will no longer be required, until the next four year better use your head if you have one

1 Like

Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 10:14am On Jul 24, 2018
aribisala0:

Not sure what you mean by meagre votes.

Does not matter if there are 10 people in a state. There is a requirement to get 25% of the votes cast in 24 states. In that regard all states are equal. Many people are either ignorant of this or just forget.

It is possible for for Mr A to win the presidential election after getting fewer votes in total than Mr B

Presidential election is not simply about majority votes.

Prsident must fulfil the criteria of spread.
I do not see buhari getting more than 15 or 16 states in the North rule out Benue ,Kwara,Taraba
so he must get 25% in 8 Southern states not impossible but challenging . We shall see

You are even agreeing with me.buhari can never win all northern states.him winning 16 states is fantastic,he won same im 2015 and in the remaining 3 states,he will get over 25%.in the west he will win most states and also get 25% where he loses which total 25 states satisfying the constitutional requirement of getting at least 25% votes in 25 states making him the winner.i also see him winning edo and getting 25% in three other ss states and 2 se states
Re: Pdp's Quest To Divide Northern Votes May Result In A Southern Surprise From Apc by senatordave1(m): 10:20am On Jul 24, 2018
DeWorlex45:
I like u to remember that d BUHARI whom u think is politically strong had contested for Presidency ''3 consecutive times,'' why has he not won d previous elections if u think all his weak loyalists u lists here are so powerful to deliver him presidential votes. I know u will hav to come up with things to defend dis issue, but those who knows already know, & i still maintain the fact that many APC BigWigs are former PDP members, not individuals whom we now know due to their Federal Appointments. Apart from some ACN members, how many CPC, & APGA members do we know as a very strong politicians with elective or appointed positions??

I think u understand wat it means to be a member of a party in Federal Power for 16yrs. The nPDP members in APC now are d ones strategizing & planning wit d master planner; TINUBU. PDP is a party dt controlled Nigeria for 16yrs, APGA only has ANAMBRA, & CPC Is known for losing elections.

Sir, i may not be able to reply d mention again due to work. I already got ur point & i like u to understand mine, which is actually a choice. But d political picture in Nigeria is clearer enough, even to d blind. Best Regards,.
We all know that buhari lost prior to 2015 because he neglected the south,concentrated in the north and had no major alliances in the south or sponsors.in 2003, justice nsofor of the appeal court in a minority udgment condemned the elections and said it is the worst in history.in 2007,even yaradua agreed that it was heavily rigged.in 2011,3 out of 7 judges agreed that the polls was a sham.
All those about to defect to pdp are from the north.his southern allies are intact and gradually decimating pdp silently.finally,a politician mustnt be publicly known or recognized before you know he can deliver.can melaye,bruce of shehu that are celebrities deliver their states?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Tinubu Actually Believe He Or Any Other Yoruba Will Become President? / JUST IN: Black Small Business Owner, David Mcatee Killed By Cops In Louisville / President Buhari Pledges To Increase Education Budget By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.