Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

The Trinity And Identity Of God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity And Identity Of God (11634 Views)

Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Peacefullove: 11:02am On Jul 25, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh once again

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God sending the Word doesn't change the fact that God and the Word is God

Is this what we are talking about ?

Guy , you don't know anything about this topic, Go and sleep
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2018
Peacefullove:

What is this one saying ?

Is there capital and small letter distinction in the Greek language the bible was written ?

Mr , answer me : Do you believe humans are GODS since God say so ?

I explained earlier that the Hebrews regarded God's name (Yahweh) to be sacred. Saying or writing it was an act of blasphemy.
The earlier Bible translators were Hebrews. So they didn't write Yahweh in their translations. Yahweh was replaced by God (the G written in capital letter). Sometimes they used Lord (L in capital letter) to mean God (Yahweh)

But then there were other gods and lords in the Bible. These ones were written with lower case G (for gods) and lowercase L (for lords)
So anytime the that God or Lord was used in the Bible, it was Yahweh that was being implied there. And anytime god or lord was used in the Bible they were either referring to angels, man or the devil

Gen 1:1; In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth. Elohim is the plural for God. Elohim was translated as God (capital g).

I don't know if I'm clear enough. Let me know if you get. Bless you
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2018
Peacefullove:

Is this what we are talking about ?
Guy , you don't know anything about this topic, Go and sleep
What then are we talking about Sir?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:33am On Jul 25, 2018
Peacefullove:

Do you accept his word here too ?

Father is greater than I .. You mean myself is greater than myself since Jesus is the Father ?

John 5:37 Jesus was speaking, Yet he said none of the people have ever heard his Father voice . hahaha , Then explain this Bruh ?

I explained earlier about this bro
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Pardon me but your questions cannot be answered with definite answers

Nevertheless I'll answer them still.

Before I begin, I'll like to say that I prefer to use the word Godhead instead of trinity. It's my preference.

Jesus is the second person in the Godhead who became flesh and dwelt among us ( John 1:1 , 14 ). Therefore, Jesus has two distinct natures. He is both God and man. As a man, it was necessary that he be born of a woman and therefore born under the Law ( Galatians 4:4 ). Since he was under the Law, he was obligated to love God and worship Him. It says in
Deuteronomy 6:5 that we are to love the Lord our God, and in Deuteronomy 6:13 we are told, "You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him, and swear by His name." So, Jesus had to obey the Law, and he had to worship God the Father. Therefore, we see that Jesus was a man who had to fulfill the law, which included worshiping God. But, because he is also the Son then he is the Son by relation to the Father. Now we can understand why the text would say "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 15:6 , "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ ."
1 Peter 1:3 , "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ , who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."
So when we see the phrase "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," we can now understand that it's speaking of the Godhead and how Jesus, God in flesh, who was a man required to keep the Law, would have someone he would call God, someone he would worship and someone he would pray to according to Deuteronomy 6:13 , who would be considered the God and Father of Jesus.

This is why Jesus regards the father as greater than him.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing

For those that say Jesus is a Mighty God but not the Almighty God, what you mean exactly is that there are more than one God. The first one is the Almighty God in other words, the greater God. And the second is the mighty God, in other words the lesser god. (some said Jesus is not God but a god. they translate John 1:1 as... and the word was a god) Same goes for you too..

God the father, God the Son, God the Holy spirit
How many God(s) are in the trinity again?

In the first commandment, the Almighty God (Yahweh) said we should have no other god (or mighty God) except Him. So if Isa 9:6 was talking about another mighty God and not the Almighty God Himself, it is either God is introducing us to another god making him a confused God or the Bible contradicts itself.

Do you wonder why God the I Am, will be that he will be or who he will be?, do you wonder why he has commit all things to Jesus the Son, do you still wonder why he gave the Son a name above all names, do you still wonder why Jesus said "all that is thine are mine, all that is mine are thine?", do you still wonder why Jesus boast that "in my Father's house there are many mansions"?, do you still wonder why it pleased God the father to dwell in the Son fully?, do you still wonder why the Son asked the father to glorify him with the glory he had with the father before the world was?, do you still wonder why Jesus the Son is an express radiant of God his father?, do you still wonder why Jesus said "my father is greater than all?", do you still wonder why Jesus said "my father is greater than i"?, do you wonder why God the father asked the angels to worship the Son when he brought him into the world?, do you still wonder why the father will judge no one but has commit all judgment to the Son?, do you still wonder why the father has given the Son his kingdom?, finally do you wonder why the Son seeks not his own will? Because all things still goes back to that very one God the father. He wills as he pleases, he does what he wills, he will be what he will be.

The bible does not contradict itself if only you let every single verse count and speak for itself.

In the 2nd commandent, God warns against creating for ourselves, a graven image or likeness of anything in the heavens. And in the 3rd commandments we are told not to bow to them or serve them or worship them or pray to/ through them. (Don't tell me you don't see worship or pray written there. You can't serve what you don't worship and you don't pray to/through what you don't serve)
One thing we (or most Christians) agree on (whether trinitarians or not) is that Jesus (who some call a god or a mighty God) comes from heaven same as God almighty. If these two Gods (almighty God and mighty God) are not the same, then the second commandment must be flawed or God is confused here too.

Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Philippians 2:9-10
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Also in Isa 9:6, Jesus is called an everlasting Father and in Isaiah 40:28 God is called the everlasting God... Unless you mean the everlasting Father and the everlasting God are two different Beings, then I don't know what you mean.

Who gave Jesus the everlasting father to us?
What do you understand when Jesus said "I came out of thee?" (John 17:cool
What do you understand when Jesus said "all mine are thine, and all thine are mine?" (John 17:10)

Come on you still think Jesus is Yahweh but you still end up with 3 different persons in trinity, how sir?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

God is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning, and has no end. Everything that comes from God is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning, and has no end. The Word (Jesus) comes from God. The Word (Jesus) is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning and has no end.

A lion begets a lion. The parent lion is not eternal, everlasting. It has beginning, it has an end. So is the baby lion.

We humans, we are begotten from our papa and mama. Our parents are not eternal or everlasting, they have beginnings and they have ends. We are not eternal or everlasting, we have beginnings and we have ends.

Jesus is begotten from God. He is God's begotten son (John 3:16). That is, He is from God Himself. And anything that is from God (begotten from God) (in this case, Jesus) is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning and has no end.
Jesus shares God's DNA (permit me to use scientific terms).
God DNA is eternal, everlasting, no beginning, no end.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. God is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning, and has no end. His Spirit is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning, and has no end.

In summary, Jesus is God.

I call you blessed.

Read it again. I modified it
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:59am On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

Do you wonder why God the I Am, will be that he will be or who he will be?, do you wonder why he has commit all things to Jesus the Son, do you still wonder why he gave the Son a name above all names, do you still wonder why Jesus said "all that is thine are mine, all that is mine are thine?", do you still wonder why Jesus boast that "in my Father's house there are many mansions"?, do you still wonder why it pleased God the father to dwell in the Son fully?, do you still wonder why the Son asked the father to glorify him with the glory he had with the father before the world was?, do you still wonder why Jesus the Son is an express radiant of God his father?, do you still wonder why Jesus said "my father is greater than all?", do you still wonder why Jesus said "my father is greater than i"?, do you wonder why God the father asked the angels to worship the Son when he brought him into the world?, do you still wonder why the father will judge no one but has commit all judgment to the Son?, do you still wonder why the father has given the Son his kingdom?, finally do you wonder why the Son seeks not his own will? Because all things still goes back to that very one God the father. He wills as he pleases, he does what he wills, he will be what he will be.

The bible does not contradict itself if only you let every single verse count and speak for itself.

Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

What do you understand when Jesus said "all mine are thine, and all thine are mine?" (John 17:10)

Come on you still think Jesus is Yahweh but you still end up with 3 different persons in trinity, how sir?

I do not see the Trinity as three persons. I see the Trinity as One. The Father is God. The son is God. The Spirit is God.
If you ask me, "is the Son the Father?" My reply is "the Son is God."
if you ask me, "is the Father the son? " My reply is "the Father is God "
If you ask me "is the Spirit the father or is the Spirit the son? " my reply is "the Spirit is God"

You might say "it doesn't make sense."
And I'll reply, "you're probably right. But so is the fact that the most powerful, most greatest, most awesome God coming to die for this insignificant soul (myself). Coming to die to the world he created. That doesn't make sense either does it?"

So tell me brother, does Jesus death on the cross for you, for the whole world make any sense at all? "

Bless you
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

God is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning, and has no end. Everything that comes from God is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning, and has no end. The Word (Jesus) comes from God. The Word (Jesus) is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning and has no end.

A lion begets a lion. The parent lion is not eternal, everlasting. It has beginning, it has an end. So is the baby lion.

We humans, we are begotten from our papa and mama. Our parents are not eternal or everlasting, they have beginnings and they have ends. We are not eternal or everlasting, we have beginnings and we have ends.

Jesus is begotten from God. He is God's begotten son (John 3:16). That is, He is from God Himself. And anything that is from God (begotten from God) (in this case, Jesus) is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning and has no end.
Jesus shares God's DNA (permit me to use scientific terms).
God DNA is eternal, everlasting, no beginning, no end.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. God is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning, and has no end. His Spirit is eternal, everlasting, has no beginning, and has no end.

In summary, Jesus is God.

I call you blessed.

Now did Jesus come from himself or from another called God the father?

If Jesus is Yahweh (God the father) as you had earlier insinuated, who is Jesus from as I have pointed out in your comment above. Who is Jesus begotten from ?

Since this Jesus is actually Yahweh the father according to you.

Remember that will make one party still missing in trinity as well.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

I'm kinda confused sir? In the first part I thought you were of the notion is Jesus is God. And at the second part you write another thing.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Fine. I apologize for that. It was immature of me.

Apology accepted wink

It's ok!
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

Now did Jesus come from himself or from another called God the father?

If Jesus is Yahweh (God the father) as you had earlier insinuated, who is Jesus from as I have pointed out in your comment above. Who is Jesus begotten from ?

Since this Jesus is actually Yahweh the father according to you.

Remember that will make one party still missing in trinity as well.

I said God is eternal. Jesus is begotten from this eternal God. Anything that comes from God is eternal. Anything that comes from God has always been, that is, it has no beginning or ending (that's what eternal means). He didn't just start existing just as God didn't started existing. God has always been so anything from him has always been. Anything from Him is Him. God is infinite.
You said God is "I am.. that He will be what he will be". Why then can't He be Jesus.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

The Holy Spirit is not a vague or an impersonal force. He is a person equal in every way with God the Father and God the Son. He is considered to be the third member of the Godhead. Jesus said to His apostles...
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And all the divine attributes ascribed to the Father and the Son are equally ascribed to the Holy Spirit. When a person becomes born again by believing and receiving Jesus Christ, God resides in that person through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has intellect, emotion, and will.

A primary role of the Holy Spirit is that He bears "witness" of Jesus Christ. He tells people's hearts about the truth of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit also acts as a Christian's teacher. He reveals God's will and God's truth to a Christian. Jesus told His disciples...
"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."
"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak (just Jesus does the will of the father) ; and He will disclose to you what is to come."
The Holy Spirit was given to live inside those who believe in Jesus, in order to produce God's character in the life of a believer. In a way that we cannot do on our own, the Holy Spirit will build into our lives love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Rather than trying to be loving, patient, kind, God asks us to rely on Him to produce these qualities in our lives. Thus Christians are told to walk in the Spirit and be filled with the Spirit. And the Holy Spirit empowers Christians to perform ministerial duties that promote spiritual growth among Christians.
The Holy Spirit also performs a function for non-Christians as well. He convicts people's hearts of God's truth concerning how sinful we are needing God's forgiveness; how righteous Jesus is -- He died in our place, for our sins; and God's eventual judgment of the world and those who do not know Him. The Holy Spirit tugs on our hearts and minds, asking us to repent and turn to God for forgiveness and a new life.

The verse you quoted did not validate trinity in anyway.

That been said is the Holy spirit not coequal enough to have HIS own throne in revelations?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2018

Read all what you typed above and imagine I'm the one that asked you that question?

Add this to it.

Do you wonder why God who said he wasn't going to share his glory with anybody shared it with Jesus?
I actually don't wonder about it..
Do you know why?
Cos I believe and I'm convinced that Jesus is God and God is Jesus.... And Jesus is the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is Jesus. And the Holy Spirit is God and God is the Holy Spirit.
So I do not wonder about it. I believe it..
Bless you..

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

The verse you quoted did not validate trinity in anyway.

That been said is the Holy spirit not coequal enough to have HIS own throne in revelations?

Before I begin, Do you get the fact that there's no actual throne to begin with? That the throne is figurative?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
Peacefullove:

The same holy spirit that was shared among Moses and other 70 men ? Person indeed

Answer this: if the hplyspirit is a person, Why didn't Jesus include it when he mentioned every personality that exist at Matthew 24:36, he isn't one ? Why don't the holyspirit know the time and day ?

@Perfectbeing, while you are at Peacefullove's questions above

Read this:
Does Matthew 28:19 Prove the Trinity? Matthew 28:19 is a biblical passage sometimes misunderstood with regard to the Trinity doctrine. Jesus is quoted as telling His disciples, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in [‘into,’ Greek eis] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Remember the important principle that the Bible interprets the Bible.

What this particular passage shows us is that the process of baptism and entering God’s family involves the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It is not a description of the nature of God. Notice Acts 2:38: “Then Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” After real repentance and being baptized, the example from Scripture is that a minister lays his hands on the repentant person and he or she receives the Holy Spirit directly from God (Acts 8:14-17). Important as it is, baptism alone is not sufficient. We must receive God’s Holy Spirit the seed of eternal life which is imparted by the biblically mandated laying on of hands of one of God’s ministers (Acts 19:1-6). We cannot partake of God’s nature, as mentioned in 2 Peter 1:4, without first being begotten of the Father by the Holy Spirit, which imparts that divine nature. Why are Father, Son and Holy Spirit mentioned in Matthew 28:19? Let us understand. At baptism we enter into a covenant relationship with God the Father. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, makes that covenant relationship possible. (Of course, through our repentance and baptism we also enter into a relationship with Jesus Christ as our older Brother and head of the Church.) The Holy Spirit is the means by which the Father and Son make all of this possible.

Through out Paul's salutations to the gentiles. Only the father and the Son were mentioned. If God were a Trinity, surely Paul, who was taught directly by the resurrected Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12) and who wrote much of the theological underpinning of the early Church, would have comprehended and taught this concept

The same greeting, with only minor variations, appears in every epistle that bears Paul’s name. Notice how consistent he is in not including the Holy Spirit in his greetings:

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 1:7). Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:3).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 1:2).
Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:3). Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:2).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:2).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:2).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 1:1).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:1-2).
Grace, mercy, and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord (1 Timothy 1:2)
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord” (2 Timothy 1:2).
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior (Titus 1:4).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Philemon 3).

The Holy Spirit is always left out of these greetings, isn't it unusual if actually the trinity was scriptural or Christ taught it?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
I think English is our problem here...

We think that eternal and everlasting are two different things..

Let me explain..

Eternal and and everlasting are what in English language called synonyms, i.e words with the same or similar meanings..

Now eternal is something that has no beginning and no end. Something that is beyond time. So is everlasting.

Now we've solved the problem that arises from their meaning.

Now God is said to be an eternal God right? That means he has no beginning or end. He exists out of time right?
Now out of this God comes Jesus. Jesus is God begotten Son according to John 3:16.
This Jesus is called an everlasting Father (I just told us what everlasting means) . It shares the same meaning with eternal. that means he had no beginning (was not created) for end (will never die or cease to exist. He is from God so shares God's eternal qualities with him.. He is God
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

@Perfectbeing, while you are at Peacefullove's questions above

Read this:
Does Matthew 28:19 Prove the Trinity? Matthew 28:19 is a biblical passage sometimes misunderstood with regard to the Trinity doctrine. Jesus is quoted as telling His disciples, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in [‘into,’ Greek eis] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Remember the important principle that the Bible interprets the Bible.

What this particular passage shows us is that the process of baptism and entering God’s family involves the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It is not a description of the nature of God. Notice Acts 2:38: “Then Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” After real repentance and being baptized, the example from Scripture is that a minister lays his hands on the repentant person and he or she receives the Holy Spirit directly from God (Acts 8:14-17). Important as it is, baptism alone is not sufficient. We must receive God’s Holy Spirit the seed of eternal life which is imparted by the biblically mandated laying on of hands of one of God’s ministers (Acts 19:1-6). We cannot partake of God’s nature, as mentioned in 2 Peter 1:4, without first being begotten of the Father by the Holy Spirit, which imparts that divine nature. Why are Father, Son and Holy Spirit mentioned in Matthew 28:19? Let us understand. At baptism we enter into a covenant relationship with God the Father. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, makes that covenant relationship possible. (Of course, through our repentance and baptism we also enter into a relationship with Jesus Christ as our older Brother and head of the Church.) The Holy Spirit is the means by which the Father and Son make all of this possible.

Through out Paul's salutations to the gentiles. Only the father and the Son were mentioned. If God were a Trinity, surely Paul, who was taught directly by the resurrected Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12) and who wrote much of the theological underpinning of the early Church, would have comprehended and taught this concept

The same greeting, with only minor variations, appears in every epistle that bears Paul’s name. Notice how consistent he is in not including the Holy Spirit in his greetings:

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 1:7). Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:3).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 1:2).
Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:3). Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:2).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:2).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:2).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 1:1).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:1-2).
Grace, mercy, and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord (1 Timothy 1:2)
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord” (2 Timothy 1:2).
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior (Titus 1:4).
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Philemon 3).

The Holy Spirit is always left out of these greetings, isn't it unusual if actually the trinity was scriptural or Christ taught it?

In other words, there's the father and the son but not the Holy Spirit..
Is that what you're saying or am I misinterpreting you?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Just saw this..

You said God can be anywhere at anytime through the power of His Holy Spirit. Is 'His ' Holy Spirit 'The' Holy Spirit?

Yes! are you having problem the use with definite articles?

One of the major problems with the Trinity doctrine is that it clouds our understanding of the crucial role of God’s Spirit as the power of God, particularly in the life of a Christian. We must put away false beliefs if we are to come to a correct understanding of the marvelous truth of what the Bible reveals about the Holy Spirit. God’s Spirit, as we’ve seen, is described by an angel as “the power of the Highest” (Luke 1:35). This is the power that made and sustains the universe. And it is the same power we can receive directly from God! Many other scriptures show this connection between the Holy Spirit and God’s power. For example, Paul, we’ve seen as well, reminded Timothy that “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). Other scriptures also refer to the Holy Spirit as the power of God (Zechariah 4:6; Micah 3:cool
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing

I do not see the Trinity as three persons. I see the Trinity as One. The Father is God. The son is God. The Spirit is God.
If you ask me, "is the Son the Father?" My reply is "the Son is God."
if you ask me, "is the Father the son? " My reply is "the Father is God "
If you ask me "is the Spirit the father or is the Spirit the son? " my reply is "the Spirit is God"

Don't be too fast just yet, you earlier said the father is same person as Jesus the Son.

Sir this very question of "is Jesus the Son God the Father?" has remain pending if not from the beginning of this thread. The Trinity says the father is separate from the Son, son is separate from the holy spirit and vise visa. What you put up there is entirely something else brother. I can finally say you are dodging the question.

You might say "it doesn't make sense."
And I'll reply, "you're probably right. But so is the must powerful, must greatest, must awesome God coming to die for this insignificant soul (myself). Coming to die to the world he created. That does make sense either does it?"

Oh yes! It doesn't make sense.

So tell me brother, does Jesus death on the cross for you, for the whole world make any sense at all? "

Bless you

The Mystery of the kingdom of God has been made manifest even unto the babes.

Don't tie yourself down with man made doctrine please

Selah!
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:
To answer your question God can be anywhere at anytime through the power of his holy spirit that fills up or inhabit the worlds even as deep as eternity.

The funny thing is how the third party in the trinity is less talked about or completely and stylishly left out in the heat of conversation. grin

Trinity remains a false and pagan concept.

We shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free indeed.

Shalom aleikhem
"Is it impossible for God to simultaneously and concurrently be, in Heaven and earth, at any moment of time?"

You haven't answered the question
and I am not surprised you stylishly didn't answer it

What is God, before and after God, became God the Father and/or Son of God?

Don't answer, as I'll tell:
God is Spirit, still remains a Spirit.

Usually the patriarchs got measures of the spirit of God to carry out God's work or agenda
but on the day of Pentecost we got delivery of the Holy Spirit (i.e. total or complete measure of the Spirit of God) that Jesus promised will be despatched.

The Holy Spirit filled the vacuum left by Jesus.

So no one is stylishly leaving out the Holy Spirit.
By default, God naturally, is a Spirit.

The truth that will indeed set anyone free, is realising God cannot be pigeonholed into trinity
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

I'm kinda confused sir? In the first part I thought you were of the notion is Jesus is God. And at the second part you write another thing.

This Your reply is not clear to me, kindly point out the portion you need clarity.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

I said God is eternal. Jesus is begotten from this eternal God. Anything that comes from God is eternal. Anything that comes from God has always been, that is, it has no beginning or ending (that's what eternal means). He didn't just start existing just as God didn't started existing. God has always been so anything from him has always been. Anything from Him is Him. God is infinite.
You said God is "I am.. that He will be what he will be". Why then can't He be Jesus.

1a) Are you in any way making another fresh case here?

Or am I the only one that perceive as if you are separating something out here again.

This God that is eternal that beget eternal Jesus is known as who?

1b) Heavens and the earth are from God, at bold are they also God?

Remember your answer in 1a will really mean a lot in 1b.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

Don't be too fast just yet, you earlier said the father is same person as Jesus the Son.

Sir this very question of "is Jesus the Son God the Father?" has remain pending if not from the beginning of this thread. The Trinity says the father is separate from the Son, son is separate from the holy spirit and vise visa. What you put up there is entirely something else brother. I can finally say you are dodging the question.

Bless you

Selah!

I do not believe the father, son and spirit as three different or separate beings.
I told you earlier that the son is begotten from God. He is not like God. He is God. Same goes for the Holy Spirit.. I view all of them as one.
If any trinitarian believe them as 3 entities that's their believe.. Not mine.
I didn't get all these beliefs from man. I get them from the very Bible we all read..

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
Do you wonder why God who said he wasn't going to share his glory with anybody shared it with Jesus?
I actually don't wonder about it..
Do you know why?
Cos I believe and I'm convinced that Jesus is God and God is Jesus.... And Jesus is the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is Jesus. And the Holy Spirit is God and God is the Holy Spirit.
So I do not wonder about it. I believe it..
Bless you..

In the name of trinity The father is missing here.

Father, Son, holy spirit = God

Father is not Son
Son is not father
Holy spirit is not father or the Son

And your comment above says another different thing

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

Hmmm!
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Before I begin, Do you get the fact that there's no actual throne to begin with? That the throne is figurative?

Now all thrones in revelations are figurative?

Continue I'm all ears. Following
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

Bless you

Selah!

No the death on the cross doesn't make any sense to me either..
But John 3:16 gave me a clear reason why God died for me.. For God so loved the world.
The reason he did this (permit me to use this. you know what I mean) senseless act is the he so loved me.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:
I think English is our problem here...

We think that eternal and everlasting are two different things..

Let me explain..

Eternal and and everlasting are what in English language called synonyms, i.e words with the same or similar meanings..

Now eternal is something that has no beginning and no end. Something that is beyond time. So is everlasting.

Now we've solved the problem that arises from their meaning.

Now God is said to be an eternal God right? That means he has no beginning or end. He exists out of time right?
Now out of this God comes Jesus. Jesus is God begotten Son according to John 3:16.
This Jesus is called an everlasting Father (I just told us what everlasting means) . It shares the same meaning with eternal. that means he had no beginning (was not created) for end (will never die or cease to exist. He is from God so shares God's eternal qualities with him.. He is God

I believe The bold is also called the Father right? So that we know exactly what you meant.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

In other words, there's the father and the son but not the Holy Spirit..
Is that what you're saying or am I misinterpreting you?

No! Rather pointing to you that the trinity doctrine was not taught by Christ nor his disciples who were closed to him because it never was.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

1a) Are you in any way making another fresh case here?

Or am I the only one that perceive as if you are separating something out here again.

This God that is eternal that beget eternal Jesus is known as who?

1b) Heavens and the earth are from God, at bold are they also God?

Remember your answer in 1a will really mean a lot in 1b.

1a. The God eternal that begets eternal Jesus is God. The one that is begotten is God. Not another God but the very same eternal God.

1b. I think the fact that John 3:16 talks about Jesus being the "ONLY" begotten son of God will answer this question.
I'm sure you knew what I meant though. Probably you didn't though.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
The word Trinity is gotten from two words Tri( three) and unity.

This is probably what you guys think of the Trinity; 1+1+1=3.

This is what I believe the Trinity is; 1x1x1=1.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maamin:

I believe The bold is also called the Father right? So that we know exactly what you meant.

Did you read my post where I explained why God is called father of our Lord Jesus. It seems you haven't. Please do

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Life Is More Meaningless With God / Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? / 2019 election: Archbishop of Lagos tells Nigerians candidates to vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.