Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

The Trinity And Identity Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity And Identity Of God (11628 Views)

Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
Maamin:

You getting it all wrong again...

First Jesus is called God no doubt

Hebrew 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Was he worshipped? Yes

Hebrew 1:6 "And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him."

Who appointed him into receiving all this? God

Hebrew 1:1-2
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

With all of this, is Jesus equal to God the father who made him heir over all things? No

1 Cor. 15:24-28
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. [/b]But when he saith all things are put under him,[b] it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Please read slowly to grasp.
If Jesus is not God then why , is it that God and Jesus are being worshiped in revelations 5:13-14 ? Why please ? Or have you forgotten that God said he will never share his glory with another (Isaiah42:cool? Why will God share His worship and glory with another, who you feel is lesser than Him? Reply
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2018
Maamin:

At the first bold , can you show me where Jesus is or was called "God the Son"? Feel free to use any bible version.

At second bold, should I believe you or what the bible says?
Even The Sunday school most popular memory verse John 3:16 had revealed your lies.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Selah!
The word "just " was suppose to be there , it's a typographical error .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
Maamin:

At the first bold , can you show me where Jesus is or was called "God the Son"? Feel free to use any bible version.

At second bold, should I believe you or what the bible says?
Even The Sunday school most popular memory verse John 3:16 had revealed your lies.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Selah!
You know, it is hard convincing people like you who want to believe in their own propaganda. The Bible in John 3:16 says that God has a Son, abi? . But if we refer back to the beginning of John(1:1-9), we are given a revelation regarding His true identity : He is God, He is the word of God and He became mortal to redeem man from perdition .

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Jesús said " of my own I cannot do anything ..."(John5:30). This means that what the Father was thinking , that was what Jesus was doing . So they are same in mind , thought and action; this is equivalent to what is written in John 1:1-9, because it stresses that the Word of God(Jesus ) and God Himself are the same thing ; no difference . To buttress my point , turn to the book of Titus 2:13. It says " looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ ". I have come to understand something about the Bible : revelation regarding the mystery of Jesus was not given equally to all the disciples, which is why Peter called Him the son of God, and John(who was the beloved of Jesus ) called Him God .

Looks like the point I am trying to make has eluded you. God the father is greater than Jesus.

The Word "God" as known to us has not been restricted to the father alone but have been used in place of the father and the Son many times in the scripture, this does not mean that Yahweh who is the Father is the same person as Jesus the Son. I mean Come on! the bible says the father beget the Son, the Father sent the Son, the father is greater than the Son. This has always been the truth.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
If Jesus is not God then why , is it that God and Jesus are being worshiped in revelations 5:13-14 ? Why please ? Or have you forgotten that God said he will never share his glory with another (Isaiah42:cool? Why will God share His worship and glory with another, who you feel is lesser than Him? Reply

Is as if you did not read the comment you quoted, you shouldn't have been asking this question again. The bible also said Jacob wrestle with God I guess you think he really did wrestle with God right?

Yet Jesus said "the father is greater than i"
Yet Jesus said "..my father your father, my God your God"
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
You know, it is hard convincing people like you who want to believe in their own propaganda. The Bible in John 3:16 says that God has a Son, abi? . But if we refer back to the beginning of John(1:1-9), we are given a revelation regarding His true identity : He is God, He is the word of God and He became mortal to redeem man from perdition .

At what point does Jesus became the Son and no longer God?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2018
Maamin:

Is as if you did not read the comment you quoted, you shouldn't have been asking this question again. The bible also said Jacob wrestle with God I guess you think he really did wrestle with God right?

Yet Jesus said "the father is greater than i"
Yet Jesus said "..my father your father, my God your God"

I just ask you a question ; kindly answer .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
I just ask you a question ; kindly answer .

Hebrew 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Was he worshipped? Yes

Hebrew 1:6 "And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him."

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

With all of this, is Jesus equal to God the father who made him heir over all things? No

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. [/b]But when he saith all things are put under him,[b] it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Please read more slowly this time to grasp.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by sKeetz(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
How do you want an unbeliever to accept what you preach if y'all can't agree on the basics of your beliefs i.e. The bible Which you claim to be divinely inspired.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2018
Maamin:

Looks like the point I am trying to make has eluded you. God the father is greater than Jesus.

The Word "God" as known to us has not been restricted to the father alone but have been used in place of the father and the Son many times in the scripture, this does not mean that Yahweh who is the Father is the same person as Jesus the Son. I mean Come on! the bible says the father beget the Son, the Father sent the Son, the father is greater than the Son. This has always been the truth.
What is the quality of God? And what are the qualities of God that makes Jesus God ? Let us turn to the scriptures and see: 1. Jesus has the power to forgive sins(Mark2 :5-11). According to scripture , it is only God that has the power to forgive sins (Isaiah 43:25). So does Jesus qualify to be called God ? Yes ! 2. Jesus has the power over life and death (John5:21). God who created Adam , breathe into his nostrils the breathe of life and He has the power to take it . So does Jesus qualify to be called God ? Yes . 3. Jesús will come to rule and judge the world (Matthew 16:27). In Psalms 7:11 we are told that God is a just judge , who is angry with the wicked everyday . And we are told in another scripture that God rules over the affairs of men . So does this Jesus qualify to be called God? Yes . Jesus is eternal; He existed before time (John 8:58 and John 1:1-5). It is only God who is eternal ( abi, God get origin ?). Look , I can quote scripture upon scripture to support not just the divinity of Jesus, but His identity as God Almighty .

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2018
Maamin:

Was he worshipped? Yes

Please read more slowly this time to grasp.
How can you say that Jesus is called God but He is not God ? That is like saying a person who flies an aeroplane is not called a pilot !
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by pressplay411(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
sKeetz:
How do you want an unbeliever to accept what you preach if y'all can't agree on the basics of your beliefs i.e. The bible Which you claim to be divinely inspired.

When argument ensues, there's only one reason. John 14:17 has the answer.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by pressplay411(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
How can you say that Jesus is called God but He is not God ? That is like saying a person who flies an aeroplane is not called a pilot !

Thanks for your wisdom sir.
But you should know it's not our place to make anyone understand. That's the work of the Holyspirit. Let's just pray for God to have His way in the heart of those who seek Him.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:

Shelumiel, bawoni , kedu ?

Pls think about these statements critically....

"The son (child) of Lion (his father) is a Lion (that is, the son is like his father, Lion. ).

In the same manner, (Jesus) the son of God is a God (that is, Jesus is like his Father,Almighty God).
In summary, the child of God is not God . Likewise, the son of God is not God
Jesus can never be ,& is not the Almighty God, his Father.

Shelumiel, U (the daughter) are like your mom/dad, therefore, U are within your rights to bear their name (off course with their permission).
U can not be your mom/dad but U are like them( that is, U have their traits,qualities, looks etc)

This thing no be rocket science.

I hope U fully grasp the meaning of these written statements U read.
Shalom
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by johnw47: 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
Joh 18:3  Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. 
Joh 18:4  Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? 
Joh 18:5  They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. 
Joh 18:6  As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Mar 10:18  And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Mat_20:15  Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 1:21am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:

To be very honest with U the reasons why John 1:1 sparks controversy is because (1)most Bible translators allowed their personal bias to affect their work. (2). Greek grammar & its nuances are very very different in meaning compared to English..
Let me give U the word for word Greek manuscript transliteration to English...:
(Pls Note that the Greek manuscript is in lowercase. ).
"In beginning was the word and the word was with (toward/ facing) the god and god was the word" (Source: John 1:1 wikipedia.. Pls Google it & read up everything U see there).

Shelumiel, if U compared it with the popular rendition in many Bibles, U would see remarkable differences
. Pls, take note of these points

In John 1:1a, "in beginning was the word"
1b " and the word was with (toward/ facing) the god"
1c " and god was the word".

(i) In 1a, "the word" is linked to a beginning.

ii) In 1b, "the word was with (that is , facing toward ) "the god". (Pls observe that 2 persons are identified here,"the word" with " the god". Check well, the Greek says "with the god" but in English, it is said "..with God" Shelumiel, U can see that in Greek, the Almighty God is identified as " the god".

iii) In 1c , "and god was the word". If U are very honest, U can see that in 1b "the god" referred to the Almighty God but in 1c (," and god... "wink is not a reference to Almighty God ("the god" in 1b) .

But in your Bibles, in John 1:1c, small letter "and god was the word" was changed to "the word was God".
Shelumiel, U know say in English, "god" means one thing , where as, "God" means another different thing . If U stick to the Greek manuscript transliteration, that verse is not saying that Jesus is Almighty God.
Look at John 1:14," The word came from the Father" . In vs18 Jesus is " the only begotten son who is at the Father's side".
A son comes from his parents in the same manner that Christ " came from the Father" .

Pls read Acts 12:22 and Acts 28:6 , both have the same Greek grammar similarity with John 1:1.
Because it is proper to insert "a " in Acts 12::22 & 28:6, why frame John 1:1 in a fraudulent way? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Why change "god" to "God" to distort it's meaning in John 1:1 ? Why do U people keep quoting the lie in 1 John 5:7 , 1 Tim3:16 & Colossians 2:9? . In the Greek interlinear , "Godhead" does not exist. "Godhead" is a fraudulent frame up to sweeten the Trinity fallacy.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 6:57am On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

"The son (child) of Lion (his father) is a Lion (that is, the son is like his father, Lion. ).

In the same manner, (Jesus) the son of God is a God (that is, Jesus is like his Father,Almighty God).

Shelumiel, U (the daughter) are like your mom/dad, therefore, U are within your rights to bear their name (off course with their permission).
U can not be your mom/dad but U are like them( that is, U have their traits,qualities, looks etc)

Shalom
What you are saying does not make sense! You are using human analogy to define a God whose analogy is beyond human understanding .From scripture we are told that the qualities of God have been found in Jesus, these qualities are not suppose to be shared by any of God's creation, but Jesus has these qualities so He is that God ; that God that Abraham unknowingly serve with the mindset of calling YAH. Example: worship , the power to forgive sins , control over life and death , judgement and eternal ruler ship over man, the control of angels, ability to save and deliver , control over demons and principalities, creation and ability to give authority to whom He pleases. Only God reserves the right to do this . 2 According to Isaiah's prophecy regarding Jesus (Isaiah9:6), He is identified clearly as God Almighty. Allow me quote it to you : "for unto us a Child is born , unto us a Son is given ; And the government will be upon His shoulder . And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor ,Mighty God , Everlasting Father , The Prince of Peace ." This verse was written a prior to the arrival of Jesus . Come to think of it , if Jesus is not God , then why do you pray in His name for deliverance . Why not God's name who you feel is more powerful than the name Jesus ? Or have you forgotten the scripture that says " those that call upon the name of the Lord , shall be saved "? The name of God is Jesus . Period .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 7:14am On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

To be very honest with U the reasons why John 1:1 sparks controversy is because (1)most Bible translators allowed their personal bias to affect their work. (2). Greek grammar & its nuances are very very different in meaning compared to English..
"In beginning was the word and the word was with (toward/ facing) the god and god was the word" (Source: John 1:1 wikipedia.. Pls Google it & read up everything U see there).

Shelumiel, if U compared it with the popular rendition in many Bibles, U would see remarkable differences

ii) In 1b, "the word was with (that is , facing toward ) "the god". (Pls observe that 2 persons are identified here,"the word" with " the god". Check well, the Greek says "with the god" but in English, it is said "..with God" Shelumiel, U can see that in Greek, the Almighty God is identified as " the god".

iii) In 1c , "and god was the word". If U are very honest, U can see that in 1b "the god" referred to the Almighty God but in 1c (," and god... "wink is not a reference to Almighty God ("the god" in 1b) .

But in your Bibles, in John 1:1c, small letter "and god was the word" was changed to "the word was God".
Shelumiel, U know say in English, "god" means one thing , where as, "God" means another different thing . If U stick to the Greek manuscript transliteration, that verse is not saying that Jesus is Almighty God.
Look at John 1:14," The word came from the Father" . In vs18 Jesus is " the only begotten son who is at the Father's side".
A son comes from his parents in the same manner that Christ " came from the Father" .

Pls read Acts 12:22 and Acts 28:6 , both have the same Greek grammar similarity with John 1:1.
Because it is proper to insert "a " in Acts 12::22 & 28:6, why frame John 1:1 in a fraudulent way? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Why change "god" to "God" to distort it's meaning in John 1:1 ? Why do U people keep quoting the lie in 1 John 5:7 , 1 Tim3:16 & Colossians 2:9? . In the Greek interlinear , "Godhead" does not exist. "Godhead" is a fraudulent frame up to sweeten the Trinity fallacy.

I do not speak Greek , and I know you do not speak Greek either, but you are holding onto the opinion of another who did not read the scriptures throughly before he started giving his own twisted interpretation of what he feels should be the right thing , but here is where he messed up big time. Isaiah 9:6 was written in Hebrew and it says " For unto us a Child is born ,unto us a Son is given ; And the government will be upon His shoulders . And His name will be called Wonder, Counselor , Mighty God , Everlasting Father , Prince of Peace ." Now my question to you is this : Jesus was always talking of His Father . Now why would Isaiah tagged Jesus as the Everlasting Father ? Why? Or do the scriptures(Bible) speak of two Fathers'? Reply
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 7:17am On Jul 24, 2018
pressplay411:

Thanks for your wisdom sir.
But you should know it's not our place to make anyone understand. That's the work of the Holyspirit. Let's just pray for God to have His way in the heart of those who seek Him.
You are right brother . I will post one more scripture and leave it all to God to do the needful . Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 7:39am On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

Another question to for you : If the Trinity is a fallacy , they why did God use the word "Us" in Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 11:7? Who are the "Us" ?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:

Show me where I said he is not God?

Jesus is not Yahweh. Make sure you understand my point before quoting me.

Even Yahweh the Father is God to Jesus
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

Show me where I said he is not God?
Jesus is not Yahweh. Make sure you understand my point before quoting me.
Even Yahweh the Father is God to Jesus
Please read my previous post .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by alBHAGDADI: 8:01am On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:
Trinity is a false doctrine.

There is but one God.

Jesus is not coequal to Him.

The Holy spirit is the power of God.

Shalom aleikhem!
What you wrote is exactly the same as Jehovah's witnesses false doctrine.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:01am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
What is the quality of God? And what are the qualities of God that makes Jesus God ? Let us turn to the scriptures and see: 1. Jesus has the power to forgive sins(Mark2 :5-11). According to scripture , it is only God that has the power to forgive sins (Isaiah 43:25). So does Jesus qualify to be called God ? Yes ! 2. Jesus has the power over life and death (John5:21). God who created Adam , breathe into his nostrils the breathe of life and He has the power to take it . So does Jesus qualify to be called God ? Yes . 3. Jesús will come to rule and judge the world (Matthew 16:27). In Psalms 7:11 we are told that God is a just judge , who is angry with the wicked everyday . And we are told in another scripture that God rules over the affairs of men . So does this Jesus qualify to be called God? Yes . Jesus is eternal; He existed before time (John 8:58 and John 1:1-5). It is only God who is eternal ( abi, God get origin ?). Look , I can quote scripture upon scripture to support not just the divinity of Jesus, but His identity as God Almighty .

Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God the father in heaven.

Jesus is not the same person as the father..if you like quote the whole bible.

It is clear that God put Jesus in the position he is.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 8:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
See your starting statement .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:06am On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

Shalom

He/she still will not grasp, the Trinity doctrine is a false stronghold on those who believe it.

3 person one God, and the argument of the holy spirit does not even begin to add up yet. Smh for them.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 8:07am On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God the father in heaven.
Jesus is not the same person as the father..if you like quote the whole bible.
It is clear that God put Jesus in the position he is.
I hear you .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

He/she still will not grasp, the Trinity doctrine is a false stronghold on those who believe it.

3 person one God, and the argument of the holy spirit dies not even begin to add up yet. Smh for them.
I leave you with this word :"so that, 'They may look and look, yet not see; they may listen and listen, yet not understand. For if they did, they would turn to God, and he would forgive them."(Mark 4:12). Shalom
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:27am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
Another question to for you : If the Trinity is a fallacy , they why did God use the word "Us" in Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 11:7? Who are the "Us" ?

That is a question you should answer...because you claim Yahweh is Jesus shocked here are your words
but Jesus has these qualities so He is that God ; that God that Abraham unknowingly serve with the mindset of calling YAH.

And remember you are yet to fix the holy spirit somewhere in your trinity argument yet. cheesy
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:34am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
I leave you with this word :"so that, 'They may look and look, yet not see; they may listen and listen, yet not understand. For if they did, they would turn to God, and he would forgive them."(Mark 4:12). Shalom

Lol...very ironic hun! For you to quote that verse.

Jesus said the father is greater than I, you said no Jesus is actually the father.

You are yet to convince anyone about your trinity fallacy..Jesus did not teach this, his apostles neither taught anyone this fallacy.

I will keep pointing out your misconception concerning this topic, a little busy right now in the office.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:38am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
Please read my previous post .

Sure I will
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 8:49am On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

That is a question you should answer...because you claim Yahweh is Jesus shocked here are your words

And remember you are yet to fix the holy spirit somewhere in your trinity argument yet. cheesy
Yes Jesus is YAHWEH and the Jews wanted to stone Him for making this claim . Hear His words:"
I and the Father are one.”
Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” From this scripture ,it clear that Jesus is God .And anyone who does not agree with this , does not agree with what Jesus said about Himself. Period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Preaching In Commercial Buses: / WHAT IS BROTHERHOOD OF THE CROSS AND STAR... / You Must Keep The Law!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.