Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election (13978 Views)

2019 General Election: Senator Yayi Pick Up Nomination Form (photos) / "We Are Concerned With 2019 General Elections" - APC To Defectors / 2019 General Elections Will Cost N242.4bn - Buhari Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by omoiyalayi(m): 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
gidgiddy:
I totally support this move, people have been voting in Nigeria for more than 60 years with nothing to show for it.

U probably are right but the people from different regions been voting to power in various levels have a lot to show for it.

Igbos should unite and position themselves strategically to be president of this country
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by soliddust2020: 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ipob never learn from past mistakes. We are not giving Buhari easy ride to victory. We all must come out to vote, protect our votes.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by ofuonyebi: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
since the supposed "lion fake king of Ekiti"....had been defeated with just a sling...the rest of the coward leopards had accepted defeat even

before the 2019 match...cowards..ipob ...why?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by omoiyalayi(m): 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
I have said it before and I will say it again boycott will not solve their problems nor will it overturn their proscribtion

I hope pdp start begging them because that's the only votes pdp are relying on grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by dalongjnr: 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
TimFisher2:
undecided

Ekiti Election was a total embarrassment!

I av never seen this kind of immature rigging

PDP won 3 local govt while APC won up to 12 local govt

how come the votes margin is not much?

just 20,000 difference

And you expect me to come and vote next year?

Rubbish!
my brother, in 2014 it was 16:0 with margin really obvious(& acceptable), while in 2018 it is 13:3(&unacceptable) with a margin of 18k+. if I may asked, which result is more acceptable? reason am abeg! I'm not sympathetic to any party but I believe the votes were really counted, compared to what was obtainable where figures were just allocated like "budgets".

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Dollabiz: 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
hmm
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by gidgiddy: 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
CoolAmbience:

I think their boycott would be a good development as it will make the vote count easier.

Wether the vote count is easier or harder, Nigeria won't improve

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by gidgiddy: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
omoiyalayi:

U probably are right but the people from different regions been voting to power in various levels have a lot to show for it.

Oh really? What do they have to show for it?
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Xander85: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lipscomb:
Lol ipob nuisance they don't know what they are fighting for. Useless people.

How would you know one way or the other what they're fighting for when you bluntly refuse to engage them in a debate/discussion on what they're agitating for? And when they go out to protest you send soldiers to mow them down in cold blood, after which you then proceed to give a press conference proscribing their organisation!

Can you pretend you're not aware they're asking for a referendum? Or is it a case of burying your head in the sand and trying to ignore them because you secretly know Igbos are not happy in Nigeria as presently constituted and in all likelihood may vote to secede?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Wetin concern IPOB with Ekiti election. IPOB crying more than the bereaved. Yeye confusion group.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by tommyeddy(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
true though
cos I don't know how INEC announced the total votes cast to be lower than the total votes the APC and PDP had.
osun MI o
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by omoiyalayi(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
gidgiddy:

Oh really? What do they have to show for it?

Do they not have governors or house of Representatives & senators ?

Do those not have anything to show for it?

Will they support boycott of election?

Will their representatives @ various levels support boycott of election?
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by SirBunky85(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lipscomb:
I just pray ipob boycotts it so dat pmb will have an easy ride and our deceitful senators-abaribe,ben uwajuogu,ekweremmadu,gilbert nnaji,mao ohuabunwa,theophilus ahamefula orji(t.a.orji),chukwuma utazi,obinna egba,victor umeh,etc wont return to the red chambers again.very good thought by d noise-making ipob

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Abagworo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
The only election I never missed since 2007 was voting Buhari and I will do it one more time come 2019.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2018
Xander85:

How would you know one way or the other what they're fighting for when you bluntly refuse to engage them in a debate/discussion on what they're agitating for? And when they go out to protest you send soldiers to mow them down in cold blood, after which you then proceed to give a press conference proscribing their organisation!

Can you pretend you're not aware they're asking for a referendum? Or is it a case of burying your head in the sand and trying to ignore them because you secretly know Igbos are not happy in Nigeria as presently constituted and in all likelihood may vote to secede?
can two wrongs makes a right? we gave cownu the opportunity but he misused it. then wat are they now agitating for
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Throwback: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
TimFisher2:
undecided

just 20,000 difference

Rubbish!

Was the vote margin very much for the individual local governments (16), that you then expect the overall winner who won 12 out of 16, to have an overall vote margin that is much?

Or did the vote summation for each local government not tally with the total votes cast? And the difference between APC and PDP not tally in the final difference between those to parties?

Was it not in only 3 LGAs that the vote difference between APC and PDP managed to surpass 5000 votes, while in some local governments, the difference was as low as 100+ votes?

Or once a party wins a Polling Unit or Ward or Local Government, the other parties contesting are automatically assigned a zero score?

Ignorant and illiterate people who cannot simply comprehend an election result, are talking that the votes margin must be very much because one party won 12 LGAs and the loser won in 4 LGAs.

By foolish logic, you were expecting a vote difference that is a ratio 3:1 in favour of the APC party that won?

You should have said they should invent votes margin to suit your stupid logic.

You are a total embarrassment to education.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by senatordave1(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
Anyway,i foresaw this coming and am not surprised.buhari and pdp will be happy an secretly pray for it.it will make their victory easier.i dont see up to 2 million turnout in the east.again,rivers will also be affected
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by PDJT: 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
-Supported. If Nigeria is practicing Democracy, let the groups in it have a referendum to decide their continuing membership of this oyiboman country. I had a look at the figures from that Nigerian election in Ekiti, despite all the billions they threw around the number of votes cast didn’t even reach half a million.

-You can never force patriotism on individual, let alone millions of people.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by JAMESOJAY: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lipscomb:

You are very stupid,foolish and useless...if you don't know what they are fighting let me tell you cause I know you are an illiterate

Nigeria is a failed state that why we the biafrans want to pull out of this Zoo called Nigeria

I want you to read this with those fools that like your useless statement you made..You are an illiterate find someone to help you read ok

e more than 1000 entry points. What this means is that the country has a porous border which makes it open to infiltration or incursion by outsiders. Inability to police its borders effectively to prevent such incursions by outsiders is one of the accepted indices or indicators of state failure. PRESIDENT BUHARI MUST BE STOPPED BEFORE HE PUSHES NIGERIA FURTHER DOWN TO THE RANK OF “THE WORST” FAILED STATES TO WHICH ZAIRE UNDER MOBUTU HAD BEEN REDUCED Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo, DRC) under Mobutu is my classic example of a failed state – now ranked 5th  among the failed states in the world. It seems that a description of the condition of things in that country at that time will be a fitting way to end this piece. The description will also serve as a warning to ourselves about the prospects staring us in the face if President Buhari is given a second term in office. The privatisation of the state, as in Ghana under Kwame Nkrumah and Malawi under Kamuzu Banda, inevitably results in the society decaying intellectually, ideologically, morally and politically, but, with a ruler like Mobutu who is not endowed, as Nkrumah and Banda were, with outstanding capabilities to an extent enabling him to attempt, with a measure of success, the near impossible tasks of governing a country alone, the decay accompanying the privatization of the state goes beyond intellectual, ideological, moral and political decay and becomes general, permeating the state and the entire fabric of society, in the sense, not just of its malfunction, or deterioration in its ability to discharge its functions effectively, but of its atrophy through an inability to maintain its existence in a recognizable form necessary to fulfill its essential purposes, namely, maximal utilisation of national resources for the welfare of the people, provision of adequate security for life and property, securing its territory against armed incursion from outside and effective execution of its policies, so as to thereby command public confidence in its guardianship of the overall interests of the citizenry. For, though weakened and diminished by the malfunctioning of its instrumentalities – the government and its institutions – the state in the hands of a capable sole personal ruler still continues to exist and to function tolerably well; with a ruler not so outstandingly endowed or a kleptomaniac, it still continues to exist but only more or less as a mere verbal expression; it continues to exist only in name or on the map as a mere geographical entity, or what John Ayoade aptly calls a “state without citizens”. What this means, in more explicit terms, is that, of the three component elements of the state – people, government and territory – the first two are largely denuded of all practical meaning as functional entities. Divorced and alienated from the state, the people exist, not as citizens with a claim against the state for protection and to be catered for, matched by reciprocal duties to it, but simply as individuals struggling for survival on their own. A state without citizens is like a disembowelled person hanging precariously to life or, to borrow John Ayoade’s other metaphors, a “bed-ridden state” functioning by “fits and starts” on the way to becoming an “expired state” or a “morbid state”. Government too ceases to exist as an organisation whose activities are “systematised, co-ordinated, predictable, machinelike and impersonal”, and is absorbed in the person of the ruler and subjected to all his personal whims and caprices, his misperceptions and miscalculations. “State agencies become involuted mechanisms, mainly preoccupied with their own reproduction. Their formal activity tends to become symbolic and ritualistic” and so arises the tragic phenomenon of a state existing only as “an idea without an existential content”. Even territory is not effectively policed and controlled, making possible incursions by exiled insurgents operating from neighbouring countries as well as mass movement of refugees across the porous borders from or into the state and its boundaries are often disputed. Yet, as an idea, the state remains very much part of the social order in Africa. “So deeply rooted is this notion that the state is taken for granted both as empirical fact and normative expectation. The idea of state is ritualised in innumerable ceremonies, small and large…..The banal artifacts of everyday life – coins, banknotes, stamps, party buttons worn by officials – still image the state”, but they are all that remains as physical emblems symbolising the existence of the state. It has thoroughly been denuded of its existential contents. Its principal existential content is of course its citizens who, at some point in Mobutu’s 32-year rule, consisted of “a kinship or extended-family network” and a small band of a politico-commercial bourgeois class, “predators upon civil society”, reckoned to number just about 300,000, who fed themselves fat upon the wealth of the nation and the spoils of the Zaireanisation measure. Such was the state to which the Zairean state was reduced by its privatisation under President Mobutu’s absolutist one-man rule. It was bled to near-death by his unbridled kleptomania, his repressions and oppressions, and by the sheer ineptitude of his one-man rule in the management of public affairs. From all accounts, Mobutu was a clever, intelligent man, with an “unusual combination of psychic energy and personal resources.” Yet he did not belong in the same class with Nkrumah or Banda either in terms of ability to govern a complex modern state or integrity and probity. His conception of the state seemed to have derived from the early beginnings of the colonial state when the Congo was a personal fiefdom of the Belgian king and his notion of government was entirely in terms of patrimonialism, a primitive system in which public office is bestowed in return for personal service to the ruler, and is held on condition of continued personal loyalty to him in a patron-client relationship determinable at the pleasure of the ruler. Patrimonialism went hand-in-hand with the cult of personality – “Mobutism” – which was elevated to a height that stifled rationality, initiative, creativity and the exercise of critical faculty by the people. Yet, the infallibility with which Mobutu was invested in popular belief and by his active prompting and unremitting urging was a complete farce totally unrelated to his actual intellectual capability. In the result, most government policies and decisions were based on Mobutu’s misperceptions, miscalculations, whims and caprices, and his personal political and economic interests, giving rise to incessant errors of judgment – such as his Zaireanisation, “authenticity” and radicalization measures – and to disastrous failures. All Mobutu could offer Zaire by way of ideological leadership was the vague, superficial concept of “authenticity” in the name of which Zaireans were compelled by law in 1972 to discard their Christian names in favour of Zairean ones, and the ban on Western-style suits with tie in favour of collarless safari suits without ties called abacus; when both measures were later abrogated in 1990, Zaireans quickly and joyfully reverted to their Christian forenames and to Western-style suits, which demonstrates the silliness of the measures. (Mobutu’s wife had defiantly refused to drop her Christian forename, and no action was taken against her). But worse still was Mobutu’s utter lack of public probity, of a sense of rectitude in public life. He was simply a charming rogue, a downright kleptomaniac, whose formal education stopped at the level of junior secondary in a mission school from which he was expelled for burglary of the mission library. His piratical misappropriations of public money were so colossal as to be mind-boggling and unbelievable. After 32 years of his one-man rule, Mobutu was finally chased out by invading exiled insurgents led by Laurent Kabila, and died of cancer shortly after. The new regime refused to allow his body to be brought home for burial. CLOSING REMARKS By all internationally relevant and accepted indices and indicators, and judged by the reality on the ground, as analysed above, Nigeria is justifiably categorised as a failed state, now ranked 15th  among the “worst failed” states in the world. I believe, however, that the country can be made to work again, as it was doing before, and to become a great Nation it is destined to be, and a leading star in the affairs of the African Continent and indeed the world. But for that to happen, there has to be a change of leadership.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
Who dem votes ehp? Useless set of pigs...#PMB till 2023!

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Thinkyoung1960: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Low Blood Pressure – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment

Low blood pressure is a difficult clinical finding for a healthcare professional to address. While high blood pressure is known as the “silent killer,” because it is associated with few acute symptoms, hypotension (hypo=low + tension=pressure) may be normal for a patient if it is without symptoms, but can be of great importance if it is associated with abnormal body function. Sometimes low is good, a goal to be achieved in keeping blood pressure under control. Sometimes low is bad because there is not enough pressure to provide blood flow to the organs of the body.

symptoms and treatment of low blood pressure

Blood pressure readings have two parts and are expressed as a ratio:

“Normal” blood pressure, for example is 120/80 (120 over 80) and measures the pressure within the arteries of the body.
Systolic pressure, the upper number, measures the pressure within the arteries when the heart is contracting (systole) to pump blood to the body.
Diastole pressure, the lower number, measures resting pressures within the arteries, when the heart is at rest.

Continue reading here: http://tyb.com.ng/2018/07/low-blood-pressure-causes-symptoms-and-treatment/
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Preffered: 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
omoiyalayi:

Igbos should unite and position themselves strategically to be president of this country

You are very correct. The average igbo man is self-centered, always looking for opportunities to pull others down. don't mind them, they don't see bad in any wrong thing they have done, rather they are only interested in finding faults in another person. When Ojukwu contested presidential elections he did not get 30% of southern east vote, even Anambara state where he came from could not vote for him to at least win the state. They voted massively for obasanjo who won the state. likewise other states in the region, he could not win any state. That is the height of betrayal for someone of Ojikwu stature. Moreso the PDP primary in 1999, when it was obvious that Ekwueme was going to have the ticket, majority of the Igbo delegates betrayed him, took money and voted for Obasanjo who was in prison and never participated in the formation of the party. Ogbonnaya Onu emerged from APP, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu and co Who lost to Onu went behind Onu and negotiated merger with AD, a much smaller party as at that time and they fielded Olu Felaye. what a betrayal. I can go on and on, but don't mind them, if We can't learn from experience and do the right thing at the right time, we will continue to cry as always. As for Ekiti, there is nothing APC did, that PDP did not do. They were simply beaten in their game instead of keeping quiet, them and their apologist chose to be spreading falsehood.....copy

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Icon79(m): 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
What happened to OPC, by the way
Cowardly is in the Afonja DNA, believe me. Cowards shocked

O pari

Lipscomb:
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Kingsley1000(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
pilarnig:
This people are just PDP in disguise. So If the election had gone PDP way it would have been free and fair? And the would have not boycott anymore? Pathetic

Sorry

THEY ARE SPONSORED BY PDP

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by favor2016: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
TimFisher2:
undecided

just 20,000 difference

Rubbish!
And it was matured rigging when PDP won 16:0 in ekiti four years ago

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Icon79(m): 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
I think you're suffering from comprehension deficit angry sad shocked

O pari

Gaddafithe2nd:
Wetin concern IPOB with Ekiti election. IPOB crying more than the bereaved. Yeye confusion group.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
soberdrunk:
These people nor dey tire!!! I wonder when we will read a headline like "Ipob arranges free healthcare facilities for its members" or "Ipob arranges free vocational training for members", always trouble trouble! angry

Dem no be charity organization.

meanwhile stop insisting that u cannot exist, thrive n succeed without the igbos grin...
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by ameh99: 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
What happened to Fayose left Jean pocket... grin grin grin

Am sure tear-gas did that... grin grin grin

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon79:
I think you're suffering from comprehension deficit angry sad shocked

O pari

Idiot! What brought about the idea of Boycotting 2019 election if not the Ekiti Gubernetorial election. You are the one that needs to read properly, Oba imado. Ori e ti daru.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by gidgiddy: 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
omoiyalayi:

Do they not have governors or house of Representatives & senators ?

Do those not have anything to show for it?

Will they support boycott of election?

Will their representatives @ various levels support boycott of election?

Who doesn't have Senators and house reps? Has Nigeria become better for it? Let the leaders tell us how voting has helped the common man. We have a country that is not working no matter who votes or doesn't vote. Voting has only helped a few people amass wealth
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by EODforce: 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
when you see the kind of vitriolic words hauled towards this IPOB group, you begin to wonder if this people are the ones killing Nigerians like the herdsmen

i give up!!!
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
soberdrunk:
These people nor dey tire!!! I wonder when we will read a headline like "Ipob arranges free healthcare facilities for its members" or "Ipob arranges free vocational training for members", always trouble trouble! angry
are you an illiterate or you are just naturally stupid, this guy's are freedom fighters try are mot charity organization, they are nationalist fighters not NGO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Again, Rivers, Ebonyi Community Clashes Claim 20 Persons / Shehu Sani: APC Will Fizzle Out With President Buhari In 2023 / Recession: SERAP Asks Buhari To Cut Cost Of Governance, Not Public Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.