Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election (13976 Views)

2019 General Election: Senator Yayi Pick Up Nomination Form (photos) / "We Are Concerned With 2019 General Elections" - APC To Defectors / 2019 General Elections Will Cost N242.4bn - Buhari Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by joe120120(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
Flexherbal:
May this election come and go peacefully !

May 2019 election end with. war that will end the zoo republic
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Tareq1105: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
gidgiddy:
I totally support this move, people have been voting in Nigeria for more than 60 years with nothing to show for it.

It's your choice
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by soberdrunk(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
Alaniyiokorausa:
are you an illiterate or you are just naturally stupid, this guy's are freedom fighters try are mot charity organization, they are nationalist fighters not NGO.

The hate and frustration that has taken over your body did not allow you type correctly, my brother today is Friday, try 3 bottles of 'chilled' Gulder and 1 plate of catfish peppersoup and you shall be alright!! angry

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Icon79(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ewu-can-beer. Why am I not surprised? You're an afonja, so you're just acting true to form.

Ndi Igbo gave us Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, while the Afonjas gave us Aunty Kemi Adeosun. Now compare and contrast shocked

O pari

Gaddafithe2nd:

Idiot! What brought about the idea of Boycotting 2019 election if not the Ekiti Gubernetorial election. You are the one that needs to read properly, Oba imado. Ori e ti daru.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by CoolAmbience(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
gidgiddy:

Wether the vote count is easier or harder, Nigeria won't improve

Won't improve for you na.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by mfm04622: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
I pray they boycott it. As if boycotting election has ever stopped the winner of governing!
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by eunisam: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
soberdrunk:
These people nor dey tire!!! I wonder when we will read a headline like "Ipob arranges free healthcare facilities for its members" or "Ipob arranges free vocational training for members", always trouble trouble! angry

When your fulani terrorist and your bokoharam brothers do first. I wish I could hate just the way you hates
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
TimFisher2:
undecided

Ekiti Election was a total embarrassment!

I av never seen this kind of immature rigging

PDP won 3 local govt while APC won up to 12 local govt

how come the votes margin is not much?

just 20,000 difference

And you expect me to come and vote next year?

Rubbish!

Calm down... Winning a local government could be just by a vote, not necessarily 1 million votes. I work in a radio station and we sent people for the election. They all reported that the election was free except for the fact that votes were bought and sold. No military interference and all went smoothly.

If you like, don't vote next year. It would be the joy of those wanting to buy votes and not willing to win it.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by loveth360(f): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
soliddust2020:
Ipob never learn from past mistakes. We are not giving Buhari easy ride to victory. We all must come out to vote, protect our votes.
you can do it on your own without ipob.

No voting in east.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by soberdrunk(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
eunisam:

When your fulani terrorist and your bokoharam brothers do first. I wish I could hate just the way you hates

Hahaha! How myopic!! So anyone that doesn't agree with your Ipob ideology is now fulani/terrorist/bokoharam.?
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by NonsoWow: 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ipod are beginning to sound more reasonable these days. There is some sense in this boycott.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
tstx:
If only Nigerians had one spirit

Check my signature
Not possible,ever
Even Americans do not have same spirit
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by PropertyDeals(f): 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
soberdrunk:

The hate and frustration that has taken over your body did not allow you type correctly, my brother today is Friday, try 3 bottles of 'chilled' Gulder and 1 plate of catfish peppersoup and you shall be alright!! angry
50% Off! A rare Opportunity to
Own Christal Villa Queens Court
with C of O Shapati Lekki at N5m
+ Free Deed of Assignment...

For details/Inspection:

NIKE 07064401427
IYKE 08023963432
SAHEED 09066815852
ABIOLA 07036435999

Becoming a Landlord has been made easy .......!
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
EODforce:
when you see the kind of vitriolic words hauled towards this IPOB group, you begin to wonder if this people are the ones killing Nigerians like the herdsmen

i give up!!!

You definitely won't see the despicable words being hauled at others by the same group. That's hypocrisy.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Timewilltell2(f): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
Who cares about these idiots undecided. Let them have their criminal poverty stricken nation.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by demitola(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
TimFisher2:
undecided

Ekiti Election was a total embarrassment!

I av never seen this kind of immature rigging

PDP won 3 local govt while APC won up to 12 local govt

how come the votes margin is not much?

just 20,000 difference

And you expect me to come and vote next year?

Rubbish!
By nature, i dont use foul language either offline or online, but i can barely hold to ask if brain is paining you or what? Apc won 12 lgs, Pdp won 4, but then Pdp had substantial votes in almost all of those local governments, infact there's one that the margin was just 63 or thereabout. So what's your point? U'r just cancelling head win for head win shey?
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Lipscomb(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
Bullshit mynd44
JAMESOJAY:

You are very stupid,foolish and useless...if you don't know what they are fighting let me tell you cause I know you are an illiterate

Nigeria is a failed state that why we the biafrans want to pull out of this Zoo called Nigeria

I want you to read this with those fools that like your useless statement you made..You are an illiterate find someone to help you read ok

e more than 1000 entry points. What this means is that the country has a porous border which makes it open to infiltration or incursion by outsiders. Inability to police its borders effectively to prevent such incursions by outsiders is one of the accepted indices or indicators of state failure. PRESIDENT BUHARI MUST BE STOPPED BEFORE HE PUSHES NIGERIA FURTHER DOWN TO THE RANK OF “THE WORST” FAILED STATES TO WHICH ZAIRE UNDER MOBUTU HAD BEEN REDUCED Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo, DRC) under Mobutu is my classic example of a failed state – now ranked 5th  among the failed states in the world. It seems that a description of the condition of things in that country at that time will be a fitting way to end this piece. The description will also serve as a warning to ourselves about the prospects staring us in the face if President Buhari is given a second term in office. The privatisation of the state, as in Ghana under Kwame Nkrumah and Malawi under Kamuzu Banda, inevitably results in the society decaying intellectually, ideologically, morally and politically, but, with a ruler like Mobutu who is not endowed, as Nkrumah and Banda were, with outstanding capabilities to an extent enabling him to attempt, with a measure of success, the near impossible tasks of governing a country alone, the decay accompanying the privatization of the state goes beyond intellectual, ideological, moral and political decay and becomes general, permeating the state and the entire fabric of society, in the sense, not just of its malfunction, or deterioration in its ability to discharge its functions effectively, but of its atrophy through an inability to maintain its existence in a recognizable form necessary to fulfill its essential purposes, namely, maximal utilisation of national resources for the welfare of the people, provision of adequate security for life and property, securing its territory against armed incursion from outside and effective execution of its policies, so as to thereby command public confidence in its guardianship of the overall interests of the citizenry. For, though weakened and diminished by the malfunctioning of its instrumentalities – the government and its institutions – the state in the hands of a capable sole personal ruler still continues to exist and to function tolerably well; with a ruler not so outstandingly endowed or a kleptomaniac, it still continues to exist but only more or less as a mere verbal expression; it continues to exist only in name or on the map as a mere geographical entity, or what John Ayoade aptly calls a “state without citizens”. What this means, in more explicit terms, is that, of the three component elements of the state – people, government and territory – the first two are largely denuded of all practical meaning as functional entities. Divorced and alienated from the state, the people exist, not as citizens with a claim against the state for protection and to be catered for, matched by reciprocal duties to it, but simply as individuals struggling for survival on their own. A state without citizens is like a disembowelled person hanging precariously to life or, to borrow John Ayoade’s other metaphors, a “bed-ridden state” functioning by “fits and starts” on the way to becoming an “expired state” or a “morbid state”. Government too ceases to exist as an organisation whose activities are “systematised, co-ordinated, predictable, machinelike and impersonal”, and is absorbed in the person of the ruler and subjected to all his personal whims and caprices, his misperceptions and miscalculations. “State agencies become involuted mechanisms, mainly preoccupied with their own reproduction. Their formal activity tends to become symbolic and ritualistic” and so arises the tragic phenomenon of a state existing only as “an idea without an existential content”. Even territory is not effectively policed and controlled, making possible incursions by exiled insurgents operating from neighbouring countries as well as mass movement of refugees across the porous borders from or into the state and its boundaries are often disputed. Yet, as an idea, the state remains very much part of the social order in Africa. “So deeply rooted is this notion that the state is taken for granted both as empirical fact and normative expectation. The idea of state is ritualised in innumerable ceremonies, small and large…..The banal artifacts of everyday life – coins, banknotes, stamps, party buttons worn by officials – still image the state”, but they are all that remains as physical emblems symbolising the existence of the state. It has thoroughly been denuded of its existential contents. Its principal existential content is of course its citizens who, at some point in Mobutu’s 32-year rule, consisted of “a kinship or extended-family network” and a small band of a politico-commercial bourgeois class, “predators upon civil society”, reckoned to number just about 300,000, who fed themselves fat upon the wealth of the nation and the spoils of the Zaireanisation measure. Such was the state to which the Zairean state was reduced by its privatisation under President Mobutu’s absolutist one-man rule. It was bled to near-death by his unbridled kleptomania, his repressions and oppressions, and by the sheer ineptitude of his one-man rule in the management of public affairs. From all accounts, Mobutu was a clever, intelligent man, with an “unusual combination of psychic energy and personal resources.” Yet he did not belong in the same class with Nkrumah or Banda either in terms of ability to govern a complex modern state or integrity and probity. His conception of the state seemed to have derived from the early beginnings of the colonial state when the Congo was a personal fiefdom of the Belgian king and his notion of government was entirely in terms of patrimonialism, a primitive system in which public office is bestowed in return for personal service to the ruler, and is held on condition of continued personal loyalty to him in a patron-client relationship determinable at the pleasure of the ruler. Patrimonialism went hand-in-hand with the cult of personality – “Mobutism” – which was elevated to a height that stifled rationality, initiative, creativity and the exercise of critical faculty by the people. Yet, the infallibility with which Mobutu was invested in popular belief and by his active prompting and unremitting urging was a complete farce totally unrelated to his actual intellectual capability. In the result, most government policies and decisions were based on Mobutu’s misperceptions, miscalculations, whims and caprices, and his personal political and economic interests, giving rise to incessant errors of judgment – such as his Zaireanisation, “authenticity” and radicalization measures – and to disastrous failures. All Mobutu could offer Zaire by way of ideological leadership was the vague, superficial concept of “authenticity” in the name of which Zaireans were compelled by law in 1972 to discard their Christian names in favour of Zairean ones, and the ban on Western-style suits with tie in favour of collarless safari suits without ties called abacus; when both measures were later abrogated in 1990, Zaireans quickly and joyfully reverted to their Christian forenames and to Western-style suits, which demonstrates the silliness of the measures. (Mobutu’s wife had defiantly refused to drop her Christian forename, and no action was taken against her). But worse still was Mobutu’s utter lack of public probity, of a sense of rectitude in public life. He was simply a charming rogue, a downright kleptomaniac, whose formal education stopped at the level of junior secondary in a mission school from which he was expelled for burglary of the mission library. His piratical misappropriations of public money were so colossal as to be mind-boggling and unbelievable. After 32 years of his one-man rule, Mobutu was finally chased out by invading exiled insurgents led by Laurent Kabila, and died of cancer shortly after. The new regime refused to allow his body to be brought home for burial. CLOSING REMARKS By all internationally relevant and accepted indices and indicators, and judged by the reality on the ground, as analysed above, Nigeria is justifiably categorised as a failed state, now ranked 15th  among the “worst failed” states in the world. I believe, however, that the country can be made to work again, as it was doing before, and to become a great Nation it is destined to be, and a leading star in the affairs of the African Continent and indeed the world. But for that to happen, there has to be a change of leadership.

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Koolking(m): 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
conductor110:
Shut up. Your "One Nigeria" Shithole terrorist country is dead.

See them, one Nigger-Area N20-per-post sponsored lunatic daftinho zombies.

Conductor, we like it like that. Respect us, we are still your boss driver manning the steering
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by JAMESOJAY: 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
That's why you are stupid
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Tareq1105: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2018
soberdrunk:
These people nor dey tire!!! I wonder when we will read a headline like "Ipob arranges free healthcare facilities for its members" or "Ipob arranges free vocational training for members", always trouble trouble! angry

Touts
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/south-east/ipob-insists-boycott-general-election/

Who are these things

I thought you guys said you're not Nigerians. 2019 elections are for Nigerians. Deluded wanderers should stay away from our polling units.

As for Ekiti elections, Ekiti people have decided. So, IPOB can continue to cry till eternity.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by hmuhammad(m): 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
conductor110:
Shut up. Your "One Nigeria" Shithole terrorist country is dead.

See them, one Nigger-Area N20-per-post sponsored lunatic daftinho zombies.
un-serious miscreant,boycott the election and see your messiah Atiku lose with a very wide margin..... nonsense touts
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by omoiyalayi(m): 5:37am On Jul 21, 2018
gidgiddy:

Who doesn't have Senators and house reps? Has Nigeria become better for it? Let the leaders tell us how voting has helped the common man. We have a country that is not working no matter who votes or doesn't vote. Voting has only helped a few people amass wealth

Wat u said is true but.......

Do u tink ipob's boycotting the election is wat is goin to change tins?
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by odysey: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
gidgiddy:
I totally support this move, people have been voting in Nigeria for more than 60 years with nothing to show for it.

if only ipob will learn from history ... instead of boycotting elections pick a candidate that will deliver and vote him in if he under performs in 6/8 months impeachments is welcome same should apply to all public offices else you'll be "under " for a very long time
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by gidgiddy: 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
odysey:

if only ipob will learn from history ... instead of boycotting elections pick a candidate that will deliver and vote him in if he under performs in 6/8 months impeachments is welcome same should apply to all public offices else you'll be "under " for a very long time

Nigeria doesn't work like that. Nobody performs and impeachment is a very hard thing to achieve.
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by odysey: 6:03am On Jul 25, 2018
gidgiddy:

Nigeria doesn't work like that. Nobody performs and impeachment is a very hard thing to achieve.

that's because nigerians are still asleep and are un educated about democracy and how it works Finally poverty and insecurity no let us see road Still we'll come out ontop
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by orisa37: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2018
Decentralise INEC, POLICE AND RESOURCE CONTROL FIRST BEFORE 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Visit Emir Of Gusau, Dr. Ibrahim Bello / FG May Be Unable To Pay Salaries Beyond June 2023 Without Removing Fuel Subsidy / Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Housing Project Built By Agboyi-Ketu LCDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.