Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House (28346 Views)

Outrage In Ekiti PDP Over Secret Oath-Taking By Fayose’s Loyalists / Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back / Ekiti: Fayose’s Failure To Pay Drivers Sparks Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Ekiti360(m): 4:07am On Jul 21, 2018
Success, they say, has many fathers while failure is an orphan.

That seems to be the scenario at Government House, Ado-Ekiti, where the crowd of friends and associates of the outgoing Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, who used to besiege the place on a daily basis are thining out by the day.

Fayose’s bid to install his own successor failed in the governorship election that took place in the state last Saturday as his deputy and annointed candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, who flew the flag of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) was defeated the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former governor of the state, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

Although Fayose was not a candidate in the election, political observers believe he was the bigger loser as Olusola was merely his protege and he (Fayose) had boasted that it was a test of strength between him one hand and APC and President Muhammadu Buhari on the other hand.

A source at the Government House in Ado-Ekiti told our reporter that Governor Fayose was gradually coming to terms with the reality of his imminent exit from his exalted office.

The source, however, said the decision of many Fayose’s supporters and loyalists who used to throng the Government House on a daily basis might not necessarily be because the governor’s candidate failed in the election.

“You know that the governor is having a lot of problems with security agents. I think the people are staying away because of that and not because he lost the election.” the source said.

She, however, admitted that the last time the governor’s loyalists trooped to the seat of power was on July 13, a day to the governorship election when they came to collect election money.

She noted that the defeat they suffered at the poll must have dampened their morale as much as it the governor’s.

It had taken Fayose about three days to find his voice after the poll. And when he finally spoke, it was at the palace of the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adejugbe, with whom he had a verbal confrontation in March over the urban renewal programme of the Fayose government, which necessitated the demolition of buildings in the state capital.

Fayose, who had trekked to the palace without the full compliment of his security aides as they were yet to be restored after they were withdrawn about 48 hours to the election, told the Ewi of his ordeal 72 hours after his party lost the governorship poll.

This time, it was a sober Fayose who waited patiently at the palace until the Ewi emerged from his inner chambers to attend to him.

Upon the Ewi’s appearance, Fayose prostrated in a show of maximum respect for the Oba and also remained on the floor until the Ewi told him to get up and have his seat.

In an emotion laden voice, Fayose urged the monarch to help him appeal to the federal authorities to stop alleged siege to his official residence.

Fayose said: “I have come to officially tell your sir, as the paramount ruler of Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, that the Government House was invaded by the police.

“Over 400 of our (party) members are being detained as we speak now.

“After the poll on Saturday, my wife was prevented from entering the Government House for about 45 minutes.

“Since last Wednesday, security agents had laid siege to the Government House and were subjecting people to untold hardship coming in or going out.

“The poll has come and gone, irrespective of what we went through. The Constitution says I am still the governor till October 16 this year.

“Our state radio and television stations have been shut down, and there has been no means of getting across to our people.

“It was only this morning that security agents at the entrance of the Government House were withdrawn.

“If we have been robbed, I still have a right to life and my family has a right to life too.

“The man that won has three units of the police protecting him. All my security men have been withdrawn since last Wednesday. I am only left with just a few.

“Harassing me is not in the interest of democracy. People must intervene before things go out of hand.

“I don’t know why we should be in this situation in 2018.”

http://kikiotolu.com/ekiti-fayoses-loyalists-desert-government-house/

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by docadams: 4:20am On Jul 21, 2018
Failure is an orphan!

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Leepapa: 4:40am On Jul 21, 2018
No wonder Fayose is sober in recent interviews. He's not reminding us of the rock that he is. ���
Ekiti360:
Success, they say, has many fathers while failure is an orphan.

That seems to be the scenario at Government House, Ado-Ekiti, where the crowd of friends and associates of the outgoing Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, who used to besiege the place on a daily basis are thining out by the day.

Fayose’s bid to install his own successor failed in the governorship election that took place in the state last Saturday as his deputy and annointed candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, who flew the flag of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) was defeated the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former governor of the state, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

Although Fayose was not a candidate in the election, political observers believe he was the bigger loser as Olusola was merely his protege and he (Fayose) had boasted that it was a test of strength between him one hand and APC and President Muhammadu Buhari on the other hand.

A source at the Government House in Ado-Ekiti told our reporter that Governor Fayose was gradually coming to terms with the reality of his imminent exit from his exalted office.

The source, however, said the decision of many Fayose’s supporters and loyalists who used to throng the Government House on a daily basis might not necessarily be because the governor’s candidate failed in the election.

“You know that the governor is having a lot of problems with security agents. I think the people are staying away because of that and not because he lost the election.” the source said.

She, however, admitted that the last time the governor’s loyalists trooped to the seat of power was on July 13, a day to the governorship election when they came to collect election money.

She noted that the defeat they suffered at the poll must have dampened their morale as much as it the governor’s.

It had taken Fayose about three days to find his voice after the poll. And when he finally spoke, it was at the palace of the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adejugbe, with whom he had a verbal confrontation in March over the urban renewal programme of the Fayose government, which necessitated the demolition of buildings in the state capital.

Fayose, who had trekked to the palace without the full compliment of his security aides as they were yet to be restored after they were withdrawn about 48 hours to the election, told the Ewi of his ordeal 72 hours after his party lost the governorship poll.

This time, it was a sober Fayose who waited patiently at the palace until the Ewi emerged from his inner chambers to attend to him.

Upon the Ewi’s appearance, Fayose prostrated in a show of maximum respect for the Oba and also remained on the floor until the Ewi told him to get up and have his seat.

In an emotion laden voice, Fayose urged the monarch to help him appeal to the federal authorities to stop alleged siege to his official residence.

Fayose said: “I have come to officially tell your sir, as the paramount ruler of Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, that the Government House was invaded by the police.

“Over 400 of our (party) members are being detained as we speak now.

“After the poll on Saturday, my wife was prevented from entering the Government House for about 45 minutes.

“Since last Wednesday, security agents had laid siege to the Government House and were subjecting people to untold hardship coming in or going out.

“The poll has come and gone, irrespective of what we went through. The Constitution says I am still the governor till October 16 this year.

“Our state radio and television stations have been shut down, and there has been no means of getting across to our people.

“It was only this morning that security agents at the entrance of the Government House were withdrawn.

“If we have been robbed, I still have a right to life and my family has a right to life too.

“The man that won has three units of the police protecting him. All my security men have been withdrawn since last Wednesday. I am only left with just a few.

“Harassing me is not in the interest of democracy. People must intervene before things go out of hand.

“I don’t know why we should be in this situation in 2018.”

http://kikiotolu.com/ekiti-fayoses-loyalists-desert-government-house/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi Ishilove

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:51am On Jul 21, 2018
Success has many fathers while failure is an orphan: This sums it all up.

But this desertion of Fayose is just too fast.
That is Life!!

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:31am On Jul 21, 2018
Ewi of Ado EKITI right now grin

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by JusticeSeeker: 5:38am On Jul 21, 2018
Shameless Fayose. They did worse than this to Fayemi. In no distant time, the law of Karma has caught up with him and he's complaining as if he's never done or heard of anything like what is happening to him when in actual sense, he was the architect of all that happened to Fayemi

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Olalan(m): 5:48am On Jul 21, 2018
Fayose has been humbled...... yes his candidate might have been rigged out of the elections, his manner of playing opposition wasn't in anyway worthy of commendation.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 21, 2018
Karma at its best!

Fayose, you do too much, talk too much, boast too much. E pain me for you sha. Anyways enjoy am as u see am.

Karma please stay very far from me. I don't need you around me at all.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by 3DCYCLOPS: 6:05am On Jul 21, 2018
politics in Nigeria is a joke..
Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 21, 2018
No one is willing to go to jail with a drowning man

38 Likes 3 Shares

Most people you see around you are there for what they can gain from you. When the chips are down, they flee. Even GEJ was deserted too. sad

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by seanfer(m): 6:07am On Jul 21, 2018
The same Ewi you embarrassed in his palace, You’re running to for protection? Karma is real

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by RichDad1(m): 6:10am On Jul 21, 2018
They’re all in pains lipsrsealed

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by ridbell01(m): 6:12am On Jul 21, 2018
waiting ooo this not the man boosting that time that i know how to defeat them,i will beat them 16-0,even i will beat Buhari etc...those in the other of country come and carry your president that couldn't even win his local government

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by afroniger: 6:12am On Jul 21, 2018
Such is life. undecided Adjust to the new reality and move on Fayose. No condition is permanent. Hope you have learnt to be moderate in your unguarded utterances and chestbeatings.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Butterflyleo: 6:14am On Jul 21, 2018

Upon the Ewi’s appearance, Fayose prostrated in a show of maximum respect for the Oba and also remained on the floor until the Ewi told him to get up and have his seat

Oh how the emperor has been humbled. The So called rock has become crushed into dust that is quickly being blown away by the wind.

What a way to go with the wind. grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by RichDad1(m): 6:16am On Jul 21, 2018
Rock vs Crusher cheesy

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Butterflyleo: 6:16am On Jul 21, 2018
seanfer:
The same Ewi you embarrassed in his palace, You’re running to for protection? Karma is real

The man disgraced many traditional rulers including the one he threw into his boot and drove off with and the one he locked up for about 52 days due to disagreements.

He had his failure coming

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by henrygale(m): 6:17am On Jul 21, 2018
Toh

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Metuh: 6:18am On Jul 21, 2018
post=69567952:
Success has many fathers while failure is an orphan: This sums it all up.

But this desertion of Fayose just is too fast.
That is Life!!
Do you even understand the meaning of the pictures you posted

Wetin concern karma with someone finishing his tenure?

I know you aren't intelligent,but please hide it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20am On Jul 21, 2018
^^ That tin up there is not worth your reply.
Swines enjoy playing in dirt, DO NOT join him!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by hisgrace090: 6:22am On Jul 21, 2018
Say no to arrogance!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by ddippset(m): 6:22am On Jul 21, 2018
Day by Day, Fayose eye go de clear.
E go clear finally when Fayemi is sworn in October.

Lere will soon desert too.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Butterflyleo: 6:25am On Jul 21, 2018
In the next couple of weeks, the public will find out about all the lies. Himself and the family will vomit all they have stolen. Soon all the pretence will be no more.

The veil covering the face of the people will be finally removed. The spells will be no more. God's power is above all powers. Unfortunately, he is close to the time when he will be running alone, on the most deserted road. He will look for tears and will not find because he has caused many people to grieve

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by godsfavoritee(m): 6:26am On Jul 21, 2018
I’m in pain remix reloading!!! Oloshi jati jati

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Butterflyleo: 6:27am On Jul 21, 2018
ddippset:
Day by Day, Fayose eye go de clear.
E go clear finally when Fayemi is sworn in October.

Lere will soon desert too.

Even PDP has deserted him low key.

Where is his supposedly very good friend Wike? grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by ddippset(m): 6:33am On Jul 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Even PDP has deserted him low key.

Where is his supposedly very good friend Wike? grin
Wike came to Ekiti announcing

'"Vote and defend your votes" against 30,000 police and 5,000 army.

Then he ran back to Portharcout.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by phemmyfour: 6:34am On Jul 21, 2018
The beginning of his end, that was how Aso rock was deserted when Jonathan lost to Buhari too

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by MrHighSea: 6:36am On Jul 21, 2018
Those are no loyalists.
Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by Deltatoto: 6:38am On Jul 21, 2018
kenonze:
No one is willing to go to jail with a drowning man
that god gave u big breast does not mean u can come and say rubbish here

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by udoka55555: 6:39am On Jul 21, 2018
I don't like the idea of the presidency having all the powers....... all the governors are crying... east, west, north and south....

some even have to withdraw as CSO of their states...

this is very bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House by JegaQuin: 6:39am On Jul 21, 2018
Leepapa:
No wonder Fayose is sober in recent interviews. He's not reminding us of the rock that he is. ���

Yup! Because the quarry manager has crumbled the rock grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen In Military Uniform Attack INEC Vehicle With Election Materials In Benue / Atiku Arrives Enugu for South East PDP Zonal Meeting / BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.