Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,343 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back (62763 Views)

Ekiti: Fayose Congratulates Fayemi On One-Year In Office / Ekiti: Fayose’s Loyalists Desert Government House / Ekiti: Fayose’s Failure To Pay Drivers Sparks Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Ebullience(m): 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Outgoing Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose bade a tearful farewell to the people of the state as his tenure finally ended on Sunday.

Fayose shed tears shortly after a thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Government House Chapel on Sunday.

The service was shunned by majority of political office holders who had earlier boycotted the farewell dinner held in Fayose’s honour Friday night.

The departing governor could not control his emotion as he was about to depart the state for Akure Airport to catch a flight.

As the thanksgiving service ended at about 11.00 am, tears had welled up in the eyes of the governor as he was about to enter his white Lexus Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV).

The wife of the governor, Mrs. Feyisetan Fayose, who noticed that her husband was shedding tears, moved closer to him as said “please take heart, please take heart.”

After the tears stopped, Fayose bade his wife, few aides and other admirers who were watching the drama bye-bye as the convoy headed for Akure.

Throughout the service, Fayose was in pensive mood and his voice was laden with emotion as he addressed the congregation.

The outgoing governor said he was leaving the state number one seat a contented and fulfilled man.

Fayose said: “I’m contented, I’m happy and I say thank you. Don’t be disparaged, don’t worry about me, I will come back. I will rise to the glory of God. I have enjoyed uncommon grace; I will never complain but thank God.”

Apparently referring to the former Speaker, Kola Oluwawole, who was removed by 14 lawmakers on Thursday, Fayose urged him (Oluwawole) to take his sack in good faith.

Fayose said: “I don’t want you to trouble your mind, there won’t be testimonies without battles. Go and concede defeat in the overall interest of Ekiti. You were removed illegally but let God fight for you.”

Mrs. Fayose assured that her husband would come back to Ekiti a triumphant man.

She said: “We are coming back, I don’t know how but I have 200 per cent assurances.”

In his sermon entitled, “Affliction shall not rise the second time,” the Chaplain of Government House, Pastor Seyi Olusola, said a man must be ready to face affliction, if he must rise.

Olusola said: “Don’t allow anything to trouble your mind, always come to God.”

As he leaves the Government House premises, Fayose displayed a wooden board with the inscription “Ekiti Kete, thank you all and good bye.”

The thanksgiving service was attended by traditional rulers led Chairman of Ekiti State Council of Obas and Oloye of Oye-Ekiti, Oba Oluwole Ademolaju and the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adejugbe.

The outgoing Deputy Governor, Prof. Kolapo Olusola and his wife,Janet; the Chief of Staff, Dipo Anisulowo; Head of Service, Dr. Gbenga Faseluka and the Secretary to the State Government, Mrs. Modupe Alade also attended the service.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ekiti-fayose-ends-tenure-in-tears-says-he-will-be-back/

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by HungerBAD: 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Go in peace.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Ayotomiwa29(m): 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
Fake!

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by landmark86: 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Stupiid man
Go face EFCC

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by SeniorZato(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Weris the video

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by katchagboro(m): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
Him dey mad, back to where

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by GentleMoney: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
Tears..? Pictures..?
Hmmm..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by faaz24: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
Higgy Hagga
The real pain is loading...

11 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Pr0cter: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
Anyone that really tasted power crave to remain in power.

Knowledge is not power, power is power!!

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by brainpulse: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
The man of pains and now tears.

More tears because he thought Atikuthief will make him VP

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by kamez(m): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
pics of him in tears, or gerrarahia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by pavoda: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
This is Rubbish.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by ShameOnAPC: 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Time flies,I wonder how the dullard will react next year during his handling over, CU's its sure he is going back to Daura shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Eponbubu: 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Apa a pa e .

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by contigiency(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Remain the one you will shed in Efcc other room. Mediocre personfied Governor. you will come back after years in jail.

13 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
"Coming back" indeed. Never gain

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Dforest(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Go well. We will miss you.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by sacajawea: 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
This Madman!

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Oildichotomy(m): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
The next few days will be interesting

Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Eponyeeboz: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Peter also cried when he denied Christ.

The funny thing is that those people from that muddy side who pushed Fayose to his ruin have moved on to ruin Adeleke and Ambode. They supported Saraki too and he was humiliated at the primaries.

Now, they have fixed their evil claws on Atiku. They won't stop until he too is completely ruined. Just look at how they're dragging Peter Obi like generator rope.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by dalass(f): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Real tears?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by hucienda: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
The People's Governor. The People's Man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by AtikuDeman: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Buhari's own will be worse when Atiku finish with him

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by modath(f): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Our bloda in sifia pain smiley

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Beremx(f): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
I pity him. He will be the next reason Buhari's government will remain incompetent and lifeless.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
AtikuDeman:
Buhari's own will be worse when Atiku finish with him
Are you stupid?

20 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
You will be back to your room!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by globalresource: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
You have fought a good fight Fayose. Take heart and I wish you all the best

19 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by opalu: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
We have tried those who fight corruption
Now we want to try those who fight poverty

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by gbaskiboy: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ekiti will not forget this man in hurry even baba lifeless too

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Says He Will Be Back by Bambambiglo: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Please where are the ipob touts to cheer him up

25 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pro-Tinubu Rally In Lagos By Park Managers (Video, Pictures) / Father Mbaka Attends Hope Uzodinma’s Swearing-in Ceremony / Dino Melaye’s Nephew, Olorunjuwon Oluyomi Shot By Political Thugs Die, Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.