Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Prostitution Banned In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prostitution Banned In Abuja (9706 Views)

Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule / Spanish Police Smash Nigerian Prostitution Ring / Building On Weekends & Public-Holidays Banned In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prostitution Banned In Abuja by shinaidowu: 9:25am On Jun 15, 2010
The New FCT Minister (dont give a damn whats his name is) has given a 24hours ultimatum for all love-peddlers to evacuate Abuja. These Nigerian politicians never cease to amaze me. I was just wondering when i heard the news and the following questions came to my mind,
1. Are love-peddlers the problem of Nigeria today?
2.How do differentiate who is a love-peddler and who is not (not talking about those residing permanently in brothels) that is with the outrageuos dress sense of ladies these days?
3.Are the politicians not the highest patronisers of love-peddlers?
4.What about the corporate love-peddlers?
5.With the number of night clubs, so how do differentiate between genuine fun seeking ladies and also love-peddlers?
6.What about the men that patronise them?
7.Why do our goverments keep chasing shadows, even those have very well paid jobs still do all sought how much more those who are broke and being forced into it due to circumstance.
I could go on and on, but my take is that maybe the new FCT minister was recently jilted by a love-peddlers hence this payback.lol

But on a serious note what do you guys think about this pronouncements?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by stormm: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2010
These idiots again. Are they ever serious? No wonder they are politicians. Sawdust in their heads. angry angry angry
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by naijaking1: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2010
Historically, any time prostitution is "banned" it simply becomes more profitable. It's not the World's oldest profession for nothing.
I wish these politicians took some basic classes about what, how and when to make laws.
Every student of philiosophy 101 knows that you can't make a law against practices you can't enforce and monitor.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by hatch: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2010
shinaidowu:

The New FCT Minister (dont give a damn whats his name is) has given a 24hours ultimatum for all love-peddlers to evacuate Abuja. These Nigerian politicians never cease to amaze me. I was just wondering when i heard the news and the following questions came to my mind,
2.How do differentiate who is a love-peddler and who is not (not talking about those residing permanently in brothels) that is with the outrageuos dress sense of ladies these days?
5.With the number of night clubs, so how do differentiate between genuine fun seeking ladies and also love-peddlers?
7.Why do our goverments keep chasing shadows, even those have very well paid jobs still do all sought how much more those who are broke and being forced into it due to circumstance.
I could go on and on, but my take is that maybe the new FCT minister was recently jilted by a love-peddlers hence this payback.lol

If i may ask,what is wrong with the new FCT Minister's decision to ban prostitution outrightly in Abuja ? You and i both know that prostitution can not be eradicated entirely but atleast this is a good effort.

In Abuja,no doubt prostitution is a fast & hot moving business that needs to be curbed and quick drive around the very notorious areas where this habit thrives is really a major problem.

I am really surprised that you are attempting to blame the Minister for taking these much needed steps to atleast curb this evil. The only logical explanation for you being against this move is if you are a love-vendor or a prostitute that is benefiting from this evil    lipsrsealed  embarassed
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Chiddysville(m): 11:07am On Jun 15, 2010
Loving this. Hello ladies, time to do it the 'aristo' way grin grin grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by naijaking1: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2010
hatch#:

If i may ask,what is wrong with the new FCT Minister's decision to ban prostitution outrightly in Abuja ? You and i both know that prostitution can not be eradicated entirely but atleast this is a good effort.

Prositution is banned all over Nigeria. If you disagree, show me one state or city that authorizes prostitution.

In Abuja,no doubt prostitution is a fast & hot moving business that needs to be curbed and quick drive around the very notorious areas where this habit thrives is really a major problem.

I am really surprised that you are attempting to blame the Minister for taking these much needed steps to atleast curb this evil.

The reason why we're condenming the minister is not because anybody supports prostition, but because the minister is definitely playing to the gallery, wasting his time doing things that will not help curb prostitution by one "inch"
The more the minister pretends like he's fighting public indecency, the less he actually does the job in reality. What about mounting uniformed and nonuniformed police task force to sweep the areas clean of harlots? He doesn't need to do a road show, but then again, he may just be after some cheap publicity and convincing the unsophisticated masses like you.

The only logical explanation for you being against this move is if you are a love-vendor or a love-peddler that is benefiting from this evil    lipsrsealed  embarassed

If he/she is a love-peddler as you meant to insinuate, then he would really have nothing to worry about, because the minister's technique is bound to fail. People who criticize the minister for bad administrative decisions are not love-peddlers, but patriotic Nigerians who want stronger and more effective government. You should be ashamed for bringing this discussion down to a personal level.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by otawa: 11:19am On Jun 15, 2010

This at best a CRAPPY effort. Only to play with 'dumb' Nigerians.

what is prostitution?

why do people go into prostitution?

answer to that will provide solution to REDUCE it.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2010
otawa:

This at best a CRAPPY effort. Only to play with 'dumb' Nigerians.

what is prostitution?

why do people go into prostitution?

answer to that will provide solution to REDUCE it.
there is no moral justification linking poverty to prostit.ution afterall,there are thousands of decent girls with poor background who do not indulge in such indecency.
the minister took the right step in the right direction.Either politically motivated or not,the bottomline is that Abuja should be rid of prosti.tutes.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Sauron1: 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2010
shinaidowu:

On this note, Nigerians should expect more female armed robbers on the prowl.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by ohisng(m): 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2010
Na liars dem all be. Who dey patronize the prostitutes? no be dem ministers and senators and the rest!
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
ohisng:

Na liars dem all be. Who dey patronize the love-peddlers? no be dem ministers and senators and the rest!
true be it but a law against it is not a bad idea.just like drugs and despite its ban,people still indulge in it.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by sayso: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2010
guys if I may ask,what is prostitution?
my dictionary says it is a sexual act for money,so if a boy makes love with his Gf in Abuja and gives her money to buy perfume,does that qualify her as a prostitute?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Spyker: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2010
There is this Pete Edochie's proverb i just remebered: "A man whose does not want uninvited lizards should not fetch ant infested firewood". It simply goes that a city who does not want Prostitution to continue should stop the patrons of prostitutes. If men especially the Politicians make it a duty not to patronise the Prostitutes, will there be any left on the streets? Definitely no.
Secondly, it is not the banning of prostitutes alone, both the Prostitutes and their patrons should be arrested and tried. It is only when this is done that prostitution will stop.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by natume: 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
Wont be easy if not impossible.What happens to the coporate ones?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2010
I support the move though. . . its really spreading like wild fire. a gud way 2 check d menace.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by sirp2007: 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2010
interesting!!!!!!!!! l comment my reserve. grin grin grin grin grin grin
pls tell d minister that, u don`t kill a tree by cutting d branch.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by wandecoal(m): 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2010
, LMAO!!, I really love that, SAW DUST IN THEIR HEADS!!!HAHA!!!!!
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by natume: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
The placer of the ban are the ones that patronise the coporate Prostitute the most.Like other ban and legislation in the past,it suits only the cream de la cream
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2010
sayso:

guys if I may ask,what is prostitution?
my dictionary says it is a sexual act for money,so if a boy makes love with his Gf in Abuja and gives her money to buy perfume,does that qualify her as a love-peddler?
nope,only if the girl takes prostitu.tion as a profession.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by wandecoal(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2010
, LMAO!!, I really love that, SAW DUST IN THEIR HEADS!!!HAHA!!!!!
stormm:

These idiots again. Are they ever serious? No wonder they are politicians. Sawdust in their heads. angry angry angry
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by johndavid1(m): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2010
No more Ashawo grin grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by ReachRich(m): 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2010
Prostitutn is a 2 way thing.There has to be a demand for there to be a supply.If the men who patronise these pros are not first 'banned' then i dont see the possibility of eliminating pros in our society.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by natume: 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2010
Reachrich,
GBAM you said it all.A new prostitute base would always be stimulated because these patronage still remains.It is more like an ethical thing.
They can try to stop it but it cant.
Many of them know nmo other means of livelihood that commercial sex hawking and they would always remain.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by johndavid1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
sir-p2007:

interesting!!!!!!!!! l comment my reserve. grin grin grin grin grin grin
pls tell d minister that, u don`t kill a tree by cutting d branch.
True talk
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Cohomology: 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2010
Knowing the level of stupidity of the average policeman, girls who like to dress fly will be arrested for looking "like pros.titutes".
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by slap1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2010
This will surely improve the quality of prostitution in the capital. The cheap ones will leave the stage for the big, Alhaji-massaging, self-con-living ones. The FCT will get the quality of love-peddlers due to it.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by 190: 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
Cheii
This is bad news ooh~
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by atilla(m): 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2010
nothing dey dere jare, it will just affect the price that all.
demand will be more, supply will be less
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by eros(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2010
Rubbish!!!! Ban ko, ban ni. Who patronizes these love peddlers or prostitutes? The useless Minister and the rest of the thieving cabinet. Now they want to ban love peddlers, very funny.

I am so certain that one of these fools was robbed or blackmailed by a love peddler and wants to get his revenge. Bunch of retards, who think power lasts forever.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by wirinet(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2010
Our politicians are morons, there lack ideas on what to do, so they just say anything to get media attention. Prosti.tution does not have the reputation of being the oldest profession for nothing. Even in Mecca, where prostitution can lead to stoning, it is still a thriving profession. Even in stone throwing Biblical times prost,itution was very common.

Prostitution leads to  far less evil than evil than not having it. If men and women are denied of finding legitimate avenues of releasing excess sexual energy, you will be surprised how other vices like ra.pe, homosexuality, pedophilia and other sexual vices would increase.  Banning Prostitution will only make it more sophisticated and discrete.

Who is supposed to arrest the prost.titutes - the Nigerian police?. All it will mean is just free TOTO for police as egunje instead of N20. When i was still Night crawling, the police used to run after street ashewos, and you will see a some of them in police cars only for them to be released a few hours later after some "settlements".

The minister should concentrate on the real problems of Abuja. I would have been happier if he banned illiterate children on the streets of Abuja or banned unemployment in Abuja.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by harakiri(m): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2010
ReachRich:

Prostitutn is a 2 way thing.There has to be a demand for there to be a supply.If the men who patronise these pros are not first 'banned' then i dont see the possibility of eliminating pros in our society.

Please tell them. I wonder why they don't have penalties for the patrons themselves. To enforce this ban, strict punishment should be meted out the customers. . .you'll be surprised with the number of governors,senators and rep members would be arrested in a fortnight.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by LOVE4BUG(f): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2010
harakiri:

Please tell them. I wonder why they don't have penalties for the patrons themselves. To enforce this ban, strict punishment should be meted out the customers. . .you'll be surprised with the number of governors,senators and rep members would be arrested in a fortnight.

I'd loved that grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akinwumi Adesina Receives Michigan State University Honorary Doctorate / Ugwuanyi Signs State Forest Guard Act into Law / Osinbajo Seeks Probe Of EndSARS Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.