Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Prostitution Banned In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prostitution Banned In Abuja (9716 Views)

Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule / Spanish Police Smash Nigerian Prostitution Ring / Building On Weekends & Public-Holidays Banned In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by bones1(m): 10:36am On Jun 16, 2010
I guess the minister and his policy advisers do not have any real task to do.

Why can't he ban thieves, or 419 or kid napping !

I wonder who they are trying to fool !
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by londoner: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2010
Well, you dont expect the governor of the capital city to support prostitution on the streets do you? Which governor or mayor of any city have you seen come out and support it or not at least target banning it? Its an eyesore in some parts of Abuja where you see ladies  lining the streets or in hotels pestering men to take up their services, so much so that decent ladies among us are mistaken for prostitutes anytime we want to sit and have a drink alone or can only enter a club if accompanied. These women even book up hotel rooms from Friday to Sunday in order to bring men back, so genuine tourists or visitors are inconvenienced by it. Its a disgrace quite franky and something does need to be done about it. They are simply being told to leave Abuja or if caught be arrested along with the men who patronise them.

I'm all for it, Abuja should not become the dustbin of Nigeria.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by adaphik(f): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2010
OAM4J:

Very funny!

Prostitution was never legal in Nigeria, so there is nothing to ban.

If he wants to enforce the law, he should know what to do.

[/quote My dear, i taya for this kyn politicians ooo. I absolutely agree with u, theres nothing to ban, it was never legal. its just like saying, ban armed robbery!!! Its Clear he doesnt know what to do, thats y he's talking trash. Imagine . Look, they should think of ways to improve the standard of living for Nigerians n enforce sane n feasible laws, & not wake up n talk like underaged. Infact, i dey vex.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by geswith: 10:50am On Jun 16, 2010
dont mind them.instead of thinking of how to make rents affordable for the common man in abuja his thinking of throwing them out ,afterall they the politicians patronise them the most.you will be surprised who you go see for khoro. grin cry lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by londoner: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2010
To be fair, the use of the word "ban" is that of the OP and others who have written articles about it. The gov have used the word ultimatum, which is what it is.

I am all for it.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by monkeyleg: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2010
Dont mind him, he will cause revolt amongst his fellow politicians
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by shinaidowu: 11:29am On Jun 16, 2010
londoner:

To be fair, the use of the word "ban" is that of the OP and others who have written articles about it. The gov have used the word ultimatum, which is what it is.

I am all for it.

Is there any difference giving someone an ultimatum to move from somewhere and banning the person from that place. Abuja gives ultimatum for all street beggers to vacuate the street and abuja goverment banning street begging, is it not the same thing?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by giwa4giwa(m): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2010
well is a good idea, but dats not d solution 2 nigeria problem.

they should bann unemployment 1st
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by JaaizTech: 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2010
opribo:

Was prostitution ever legalised anywhere in Nigeria. Please somebody tell me. Methinks this guy must be an extremist in government high position and he will stop at nothing to bring his ideology to bare. Mind you love-peddlers are not his final target he is going somewhere. There are serious national issues begging for attention. Improve the economy, stamp out corruption, teach the kids good morals, and prostitution will be completely reduced to the barest minimum. Somebody tell him not to waste task payers money on wild goose chase. Them ministers spend billions importing love-peddler from abroad.
mshewwwww, rubbish leaders no common sense just goat head them all
I wonder why this pronouncement is generating so much comments, even though Prostitution is not legal in the country, there is nothing wrong in the FCT minister making so more efforts to exterminate it in Abuja. To you it may not be important, but I am sure if we are really interested in reducing STDs, vices etc that is the way to go. The whole world is so hypocritical, they turn a blind eye to prostitution and instead encourage the proliferation of condoms. Prostitutes are one of the major agents` of spread of HIV. But they are hardly high-lighted, instead WHO prefers to use the term "multiple-Sex partners" instead of emphasizing the role of commercial sex workers.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Ranoscky(m): 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2010
Can u imagin some1 that went from the begining of where the land started to where the sea ended just for him to make sure that he's the leader of whatever position that he is. After all hustle n bustle his 1st move is to ban prostitutition, is that not a big shame to him? undecided
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by timpaker(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2010
The incessant increace of prostitution in Abuja is spreading like wide fire at the peak of hammatan.
it has eaten deep into the city that streets/bus stops are named after it. such as "woman bokun junction in Kubwa ", Aristo street in Mpape, a satallite town at the back of maitama. others are Sharaton junction at Zone 4, Wuse II, which the politicians are the major patronizers. etc.

tpiah:

^^are you saying 70% of nigerian abuja ladies are p.rostitutes?

that answer can only be gotten from the minister of f.c.t.
   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Consensus: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
I'm an Abuja resident, And I can confidently tell you all. "80 percent of the patrons of prostitutes are politicians"
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2010
I pity masses in dis country called naija. Our politician no get head so ta na to d bring up wetin dem no fit stop
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2010
Consensus:

I'm an Abuja resident,  And I can confidently tell you all. "80 percent of the patrons of love-peddlers are politicians"

So u think the ban was cos a babe got him angry?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by gidson12(m): 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2010
abi grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Ranoscky(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Fhemmmy

The politician paid so much money about 1million naira for 1 drop and requested for 'DAWGY STYLE' but the gurl (PROS.TITUTE) refused and said the money he (POLITICIAN) paid is not enough for 'DAWGY STYLE' that he should hurry up with the monkey style that some customers are waiting for her in her hotel room. so the politician got angry went 4 the ban!  grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2010
Consensus:

I'm an Abuja resident, And I can confidently tell you all. "80 percent of the patrons of love-peddlers are politicians"
where did you get that statistic from.the issue is that Abuja is to be rid of prostitu.tion and that is worth celebrating,its not about those that patronize them
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by agathamari(f): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
if you are a woman and requiter a man to "settle you" after a one night stand with money or phone cars you are a hooker. if you require him to buy you shit before you will date him or to keep dating him or require an "allowance" you are a hooker. recieving "payment" in any form for sex makes you a hooker, reciving payment for you company makes you an escourt. until the mentality changes in nigeria 80% of un married women fall into the catagory of a call girl
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2010
agathamari:

if you are a woman and requiter a man to "settle you" after a one night stand with money or phone cars you are a hooker. if you require him to buy you poo before you will date him or to keep dating him or require an "allowance" you are a hooker. recieving "payment" in any form for sex makes you a hooker, reciving payment for you company makes you an escourt. until the mentality changes in nigeria 80% of un married women fall into the catagory of a call girl
A call girl is a professional who has taken prostituti.on has a profession.girls demanding for upkeep allowance from men do not necessarily mean they are.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by damilola15: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2010
isn't it the same politicians who patronise prostitutes most
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by osifred(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
yes i have read all ur comment above

this is a rite step in the rite direction. it makes no difference if the so called love peddlerr are being patronize by the ministers or thieving cabinet as somebody said, even if it the oldest profession, so f@@king what.

the minister has to start somewhere. honestly i think it is a good move

some post are so nt necessary. please after wriiting do add in my opinion.

some pple are never pleased
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by osifred(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2010
Consensus:

I'm an Abuja resident,  And I can confidently tell you all. "80 percent of the patrons of love-peddlers are politicians"

so because of that, it should not be banned?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by osifred(m): 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2010
bones1:

I guess the minister and his policy advisers do not have any real task to do.

Why can't he ban thieves, or 419 or kid napping !

I wonder who they are trying to fool !

ur post is so annoying, cant u think before commenting, is it nt his duties to sanitize the federal territory, must he do everything at a time. my good friend pls try and be logical in ur thinking nobody is trying to fool you but youself
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2010
damilola15:

isn't it the same politicians who patronise love-peddlers most
osifred:

so because of that, it should not be banned?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by geswith: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2010
what about the incessant increase in rents,ritual murders and high rate of fraud coupled with incidents were police partake in armed robbery.he should be thinking of bringing it to the barest minimum shocked lipsrsealed cry grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by spoOne: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2010
This is really bad. . . what will Oshiom ole do in Abuja now?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by trojanprom: 9:26pm On Jun 16, 2010
I think i sense MADNESS in that idea, The minister should think of better things to do than focusing on a useless tihng that has nothing to do with the economic growth. Afterall prostitutes pay tax to the government. But i think sir-p2007 is right " You dont kill a tree by cutting the branch". PROSTITUTION AND ALL OTHER RELATED CRIME IS THE BRANCH WHILE UNEMPLOYMENT is the tree. How many companies do the government establish in the past 4 years compare to the number of graduates produced every year. STUPID SAWDUST-HEAD MAN
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by shinaidowu: 8:40am On Jun 17, 2010
$poOne:

This is really bad. . . what will Oshiom ole do in Abuja now?

Wat do u mean by that?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by yemmight(m): 8:53am On Jun 17, 2010
This will not stop thier activities anyway. Those politicians have already established contact with prostitutes before asking the FCT to ban. The activities now move to Kubwa, Mararaba, Masaka, Zuba, Gwal etc. But come to think of this, Those girls will now become more cheaper now oo grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by londoner: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2010
@shinaidowu, people were making reference to the word ban, and having issue with it because it is already illegal. The minister is not saying it was legal before but now banned. He is saying because it is already illegal they are now inforcing the law in the state by giving them an ultimatum to either leave or face the weight of the law by being arrested, both ashawo and customer. Its the same thing they do anywhere else where something is illegal and they want to target it to crack down specifically on it.

Nigerians have a way of getting stuck in muck then setting up home in it as if it is how things should be.

It is a step in the right direction to realise a problem and tackle it.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Kayflexy1(f): 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2010
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

DIS GUY DON SPOIL BUSINESS 4 ME BIG TIME O,HOW I GO COME LOOSE CUSTOMERS LIKE DAT NAH?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
HOW I GO TAKE PAY MY SKOOL FEES?

HOW I GO TAKE PAY FOR MY HOUSE RENT?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
MINISTER,NA YOUR TOTO I DEY USE,U NO O LEEE ME MA A CARRY HIV?
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
WHICH KAIN LIFE B DIS NAH,I NO FOLLOW DRAG UR HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY WIT U NAH,U NO O LEAVE MY GWARIMPA 4 ME?

IF U NEED MY SERVICES PLS INBOX ME JOO, MY BUSINESS MUST 2 GROW, shuo!
C ME C OKRO SOUP O!!!
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by agathamari(f): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
~Bluetooth:

A call girl is a professional who has taken prostituti.on has a profession.girls demanding for upkeep allowance from men do not necessarily mean they are.
prostitution is se.x in exchange for comppensation (manetary or not) - look it up.  the only difference between a call girl and a girl wanting "upkeep" is the name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tweet Reactions To Richard Branson's "Biafran" Picture / Ogah Denies Collecting Money From Ikpeazu, Vows To Retrieve His “stolen Mandate” / 2023: Northern Elders, ACF, Against Nnamdi Kanu's Release - Ohaneze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.