Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Is Marriage Really Important? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Really Important? (1937 Views)

Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? / Oral Se,x Is Really Important To Me; Should I Just Get Someone To Help.. / Single Guys: Is Marriage The Key To Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Really Important? by KadunaMafia: 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
I've seen countless marriages crash

I've seen abuse and violence in marriage that makes me recall how happy those couples were when they were single

I've seen ladies becoming "crazies" after marriage

I've seen guys becoming thugs and bullies on their spouse after marriage.

I've seen many things so I want you to share what you be seen that makes you dread marriage
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mumureloaded(m): 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
grin
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by KadunaMafia: 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
Can we just have open relationship and legalized baby mamas so that our customs won't be a stumbling block to our aspirations
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
If you see someone you love who truly loves you too and you are financially good, it's worth it but anything else, enjoy yourself AMAP.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
KadunaMafia:

I've seen abuse and violence in marriage that makes me recall how happy those couples were when they were single

I've seen many things so I want you to share what you be seen that makes you dread marriage

For the women it is really important because it's their escape door from responsibilities and poverty.

For men it's not important

6 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
It is very important if you want to marry.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
mimimile93:

For the women it is really important because it's their escape door from responsibilities and poverty.

This is quite degrading and I beg to differ, some ladies are the breadwinner of their respective homes, so marriage is not an escape route for all ladies especially ladies with high dreams.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
It is very important if you want to marry.

Which of these is considered "the greatest achievement" of woman in Africa?

(a) Marriage
(b) Academic attainment
(c) Career/Business success
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
Colourich:
This is quite degrading and I beg to differ, some ladies are the breadwinner of their respective homes, so marriage is not an escape route for all ladies especially ladies with high dreams.

It is for Nigerian ladies born from the 80s.

The reason why all Nigerian ladies wanna marry rich dudes
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 23, 2018
mimimile93:

It is for Nigerian ladies born from the 80s
I've worked so hard to be where I am, so it will be quite painful and a thing of annoyance and spite if someone tells me to my face after I eventually get married that I used marriage as an escape route to hide from responsibility and poverty, who ever said there is no responsibility in marriage? marriage is filled with stress and responsibility which is shared mutually between the couple.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 12:06am On Jul 23, 2018
Colourich:
I've worked so hard to be where I am, so it will be quite painful and a thing of annoyance and spite if someone tells me to my face after I eventually get married that I used marriage as an escape route to hide from responsibility and poverty, who ever said there is no responsibility in marriage? marriage is filled with stress and responsibility which is shared mutually between the couple.

Nigerian ladies think differently but act the same.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 23, 2018
mimimile93:

Nigerian ladies think differently but act the same.
Lets talk specifics, that you had an encounter with one or two Nigerian ladies which almost brought you to harm's way doesn't mean that you should always make these hasty generalization about Nigerian ladies. How many Nigerian ladies have you dated to make these assertions you make here on a daily basis?
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 12:20am On Jul 23, 2018
Colourich:
Lets talk specifics, that you had an encounter with one or two Nigerian ladies which almost brought you to harm's way doesn't mean that you should always make these hasty generalization about Nigerian ladies. How many Nigerian ladies have you dated to make these assertions you make here on a daily basis?

It's not about dating. It's about the happenings.

You don't need to date someone to know what stuff he/she is made up of.

You do research. Make findings.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by LuciferChristi: 12:31am On Jul 23, 2018
mimimile93:

GBAM!!

I am yet to see what I currently lack in my life that only marriage can offer me.

Instead, marriage will take away many things I currently enjoy. I am a happy young man who is happy with life generally. Free to take whatever decisions I want to for myself and ready to bear the responsibilities & consequences for my actions.

What on earth will marrying a woman add to my life now?

Nothing.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 12:37am On Jul 23, 2018
LuciferChristi:

GBAM!!

I am yet to see what I currently lack in my life that only marriage can offer me.

Instead, marriage will take away many things I currently enjoy. I am a happy young man who is happy with life generally. Free to take whatever decisions I want to for myself and ready to bear the responsibilities & consequences for my actions.

What on earth will marrying a woman add to my life now?

Nothing.

Well after all, Pickering
I'm an ordinary man
Who desires nothing more than an ordinary chance
To live exactly as he likes
And do precisely what he wants
An average man am I
Of no eccentric whim
Who likes to live his life, free of strife
Doing whatever he thinks is best for him
Well just an ordinary man
But...
Let a woman in your life
And your serenity is through
She'll redecorate your home
From the cellar to the dome
And then go on to the enthralling
Fun of overhauling you
Let a woman in your life
And you're up against a wall
Make a plan and you will find
That she has something else in mind
And so rather than do either
You do something else
That neither likes at all
You want to talk of Keats and Milton
She only wants to talk of love
You go to see a play or ballet
And spend it searching for her glove
Let a woman in your life
And you invite eternal strife
Let them buy their wedding bands
For those anxious little hands
I'd be equally as willing
For a dentist to be drilling
Than to ever let a woman in my life
I'm a very gentle man
Even tempered and good natured
Who you never hear complain
Who has the milk of human kindness
By the quart in every vein
A patient man am I
Down to my fingertips
The sort who never could, ever would
Let an insulting remark escape his lips
A very gentle man
But...
Let a woman in your life
And patience hasn't got a chance
She will beg you for advice
Your reply will be concise
And she will listen very nicely
And then go out and do precisely what she wants!
You are a man of grace and polish
Who never spoke above a hush
All at once you're using language that would make
A sailor blush!
Let a woman in your life
And you're plunging in a knife
Let the others of my sex
Tie the knot around their necks
I prefer a new edition of the Spanish Inquisition
Than to ever let a woman in my life
I'm a quiet living man
Who prefers to spend the evening
In the silence of his room
Who likes an atmosphere as restful as
An undiscovered tomb
A pensive man am I
Of philosophic joys
Who likes to meditate, contemplate
Far from humanity's mad inhuman noise
A quiet living man
But...
Let a woman in your life
And your sabbatical is through
In a line that never ends
Comes an army of her friends
Come to jabber and to chatter
And to tell her what the matter is with YOU
She'll have a booming boisterous family
Who will descend on you en masse
She'll have a large Wagnerian mother
With a voice that shatters glass
Let a woman in your life
I shall never let a woman in my life

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 23, 2018
mimimile93:

It's not about dating. It's about the happenings.

You don't need to date someone to know what stuff he/she is made up of.

You do research. Make findings.
Cut Nigerian ladies some slack, not all are evil and always planning to wreck you.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 23, 2018
mimimile93:

Well after all, Pickering I'm an ordinary man Who desires nothing more than an ordinary chance To live exactly as he likes And do precisely what he wants An average man am I Of no eccentric whim Who likes to live his life, free of strife Doing whatever he thinks is best for him Well just an ordinary man But... Let a woman in your life And your serenity is through She'll redecorate your home From the cellar to the dome And then go on to the enthralling Fun of overhauling you Let a woman in your life And you're up against a wall Make a plan and you will find That she has something else in mind And so rather than do either You do something else That neither likes at all You want to talk of Keats and Milton She only wants to talk of love You go to see a play or ballet And spend it searching for her glove Let a woman in your life And you invite eternal strife Let them buy their wedding bands For those anxious little hands I'd be equally as willing For a dentist to be drilling Than to ever let a woman in my life I'm a very gentle man Even tempered and good natured Who you never hear complain Who has the milk of human kindness By the quart in every vein A patient man am I Down to my fingertips The sort who never could, ever would Let an insulting remark escape his lips A very gentle man But... Let a woman in your life And patience hasn't got a chance She will beg you for advice Your reply will be concise And she will listen very nicely And then go out and do precisely what she wants! You are a man of grace and polish Who never spoke above a hush All at once you're using language that would make A sailor blush! Let a woman in your life And you're plunging in a knife Let the others of my sex Tie the knot around their necks I prefer a new edition of the Spanish Inquisition Than to ever let a woman in my life I'm a quiet living man Who prefers to spend the evening In the silence of his room Who likes an atmosphere as restful as An undiscovered tomb A pensive man am I Of philosophic joys Who likes to meditate, contemplate Far from humanity's mad inhuman noise A quiet living man But... Let a woman in your life And your sabbatical is through In a line that never ends Comes an army of her friends Come to jabber and to chatter And to tell her what the matter is with YOU She'll have a booming boisterous family Who will descend on you en masse She'll have a large Wagnerian mother With a voice that shatters glass Let a woman in your life I shall never let a woman in my life
Is this some kind of poem? cheesy
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:07am On Jul 23, 2018
to some it is very important because of the pressure (society/religion/family/peer) they face to get married... to others it doesnt matter!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:49am On Jul 23, 2018
It's a matter of choice.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by TheMafiaChurch: 6:56am On Jul 23, 2018
There are movements questioning the importance of marriage, especially for men, read about red pill, mgtow etc. You can if possible read the book "The Manipulated Man", when you are done with your research, let me know your view about marriage.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 23, 2018
Marriage is indesoensabke and will always be
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by donbachi(m): 7:12am On Jul 23, 2018
Before i will answer that question.i would want you to answer mine.now the question is this:in your own family,made up of your father,mother and siblings.have you ever had any issues,problems and misunderstandings, amongs your siblings which you guys resolved amicably?
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 23, 2018
mimimile93:

Which of these is considered "the greatest achievement" of woman in Africa?

(a) Marriage
(b) Academic attainment
(c) Career/Business success
B and C. Illiterates marry so it's not a great feat.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by ImaIma1(f): 9:08am On Jul 23, 2018
KadunaMafia:

Is life really important?

I have seen people live their lives recklessly.

They abuse drugs alcohol...

People commit suicide anyhow.

People should dread life. Don't you think?
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 11:26am On Jul 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Maybe u a1e frm SA.

In Nig whr I com frm, no matta hw successful a woman is, if she isnt married she isnt fulfild.

Their greatest goal in life is marriage.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Maybe u are frm SA.

In Nig whr I com frm, no matta hw successful a woman is, if she isnt married she isnt fulfild.

Hw is SA anyway?
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by jumiasalesguy3: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2018
For majority it is. Why do you think most poor Africa parents disturb their daughters to go get married. Why is 'rich' guy part of ladies wish list.
Colourich:
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2018
mimimile93:

Maybe u are frm SA.

Hw is SA anyway?

... and can you tell us all why that is?! or are they just unfulfilled for no damn reason?! or could it be because they have been brainwashed since the day they were born that they are only good at being someone's mate, someone's helper?

btw is the above any different with Nigerian men?!
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by jumiasalesguy3: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2018
If not for the sake of procreation and giving the child (ren) a balanced home, to me marriage isn't necessary. Companionship can be gotten without marriage,ask Opray Winfrey. Marriage is stressful and limits you in everyway.
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 23, 2018
mimimile93:

Maybe u are frm SA.

Hw is SA anyway?
Fine and good
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Fine and good
I've bin seein news abt South Africans killin Nigerians in South Africa.
Why are u South Africans wicked?
Re: Is Marriage Really Important? by mimimile93: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Fine and good
I've bin seein news abt South Africans killin Nigerians in South Africa.
Why are u South Africans wicked?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Abandons His Family Abroad To Take A Young Wife In Nigeria.see Photos / .. / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nairalander That Will Take Your Breath Away.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.