Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki (29294 Views)

I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki / Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by ridwanomooba: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2018
Police Invitation is a Mere Political Game, Says Saraki

Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has stated that the invitation to him by the Police to report to a station in Guzape over the Offa robbery investigation is a mere afterthought which is designed to achieve political purpose.

Saraki in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, stated that he has it on good authority that the Police had already decided on the suspects to arraign in court in Ilorin, Kwara State on Wednesday based on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Mohammed U.E. and that the turn around to invite him was a ploy aimed at scoring cheap political points.

" I have been reliably informed that the police invitation was planned by IG as a ploy to stop an alleged plan by some Senators and House of Representatives members from defecting from the All Progressives Congress (APC). It was also said that if I was detained between Tuesday and Wednesday, that will abort the so-called defection plan.

"While I continue to maintain that the issue of my position on the 2019 elections is not a personal decision for me alone to make, it should be noted that all these concoctions and evil plot cannot deter me. Those behind this fresh assault will fail as I have nothing to do with the robbery incident or any criminal matter for that matter.

"I am aware that following a request made by the Police on June 13, 2018 to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) of the Fedeeation had written a legal advice dated June 22, 2018, in which he stated on page 5, paragraph (f) that "For the Senate President and the Kwara State Governor, this office is unable to establish from the evidence in the interim report a nexus between the alleged office and the suspects".

"The Police have obviously corrupted and politicized their investigations into the Offa robbery incident. They have turned it into an instrument for the party in power to suppress perceived opponents, witchunt issue for blackmailing people from freely choosing which platform on which they want to pursue their ambition and a matter for harassing the people whose exit from APC would harm the chances of the party in the forthcoming elections.

" I want to make it apparent that I have no hand in either the robbery incident or any criminal acitivity. The Police in their haste to embarrass me sent the invitation to me at 8pm and requested that I report to the station by 8am tomorrow morning. This obviously demonstrated their desperation as I do not see why they are now in a hurry.

"They also stated in today's letter that because in my response of June 7, 2018 to their own letter written on June 4, 2018, I stated that I was responding simply to the contents of the letter and that the full text of the statement made by the arrested suspects which they claimed indicted me was not made available to me, they were now including the suspects statements in the current letter. Yet, instead of including the suspects' statements, they only attached two copies of my own letter to the invitation. No suspects statement was made available.

"This plot aimed at compelling me and my associates to stay in a party where members are criminalised without just cause, where injustice is perpetrated at the highest level and where there is no respect for constitutionalism is an exercise in futility and it will fail.

"Once again, my confidence in God and our judicial system remains intact and unshaken. The truth shall also prevail in this case", he stated.

Signed
Yusuph Olaniyonu
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to the Senate President

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
Only in Nigeria

What a dump of a country ! A country where the police is a joke and reduced to mere political tools? How then do you expect them to secure lives and property ?

Relocate if you can and forget Nigeria

153 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by awakeupcall4all(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
We know that already!.....This oloriburuku government just keep sinking lower and lower to the abyss by the day!!...Just because Saraki wouldn't submit to the whims and caprice of the terrorist in aso rock!!..

Supreme court failed now it is back to the randy IGP Mr transmission who couldn't make a coordinated match past nor salute to display his stupidity again!!

Where is Adikwu the arrowhead of the robbery...Was Adikwu sponsored by Saraki??.

The terrorist in aso rock is about to disgrace himself again!!.

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
Will you shut up and go and answer to your alleged crime!

Notatribalist:
thanks a lot dear..they are really loser.
You are Welcome my person.
sonofoluku:

Go and clear your name if you have nothing to hide.Why were you in a hurry to visit Offa if you had nothing to hide Go and clear your name.If the police establishes evidence that you aided Offa robbery by arming those thugs and providing funds directly or indirectly ,you will be tried and executed.
Thanks and God bless you for this.
Bunique:

Not everything should be about politics. people are being invited or carried away to the police station daily so it is a police routine which i guess saraki is not above. besides we are talking about a robbery incident that claimed lifes. so anything to unravel the crime is welcomed
Very sensible post.
Notatribalist:
don't mind him,ordinary invitation he's already playing the victim card.more surprising is the fact that some fools are supporting him.SMH
We have a couple of them here.
Thank God we still have sensible people here also.
People like you bro.
RESPECT TO ALL THE SENSIBLE YOUTH OUT HERE ON THE FORUM AND IN NIGERIA AT LARGE!

60 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by bestviewer: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
We already knew. Political coercion.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by noruwasman(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2018
In as much that am not a fan of saraki, the nigeria police under the its current leadership can be rank as worst in history

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by nellyelitz(m): 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2018
I SWEAR THIS SAI BARBER IS MAD! A BIG CORRUPT AND HYPOCRITE S THAT WANT RE-ELECTION BY ALL MEANS. THUNDER FIRE AM WITH HIS HEAD SLAMMING ZOMBIES.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by Biglittlelois(f): 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
This hot and cold political pursuit of saraki when will it end?? anyway they should help us finish his political career abeg, we need change in kwara.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by IsaacBuchi(m): 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
grin

10 Likes

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by OboOlora(f): 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by GoldCircle: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2018
What a shame! This is what governance has been reduced to in my country. I can’t say I feel sorry for Saraki. He brought this upon himself by deciding to dine with the devil in 2015.

Only God can save him now.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by gabazin080(m): 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2018
A certain guy posted "ladies are like scratch cards use them and throw away"
I replied him " which network is your mum"?
From that day I no longer see his posts nor comments
when I check him in my list he blocked me
Have I said bad ?

4 Likes

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by kunmiiii: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2018
Plsssss spare us all these, u were involved indirectly so it doesn't make u a saint, because its not News how u funded these thugs for your political gain when u needed them.

Saraki is a snake, its an affront to snakes sef, cos this man is worse, he's not even a Double Agent, he's an agent of the Devil, he's treacherous, disloyal and very untrustworthy, how can any sane mind want this kinda person in the corridors of power.

As usual he will play on the minds of gullible Nigerians to gain sympathy to make this seem like a witch hunt.

18 Likes

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by gabazin080(m): 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2018
pity political thugs

Girls have this tendency of slapping guys when they are mad. Do not try that white movie thing on me I will hospitalize you

1 Like

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by Ndonu101: 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
Which Police in the world writes anybody, never mind the honourable President of the Senate a letter by 8pm on Monday and ask him to report by 8am on Tuesday?

it is instructive to also learn that the police is going against the advice of the public prosecutor to hatch this plan which is aimed at nothing but to intimidate Saraki

Buhari's government is a mafia organisation full stop! Its a protection racket. Agree with the government? get a free pass! Disgree with the government? then you get all soughts of problems with Institutions of State! This is the worst form of corruption.

IGP Ibrahim Idris will one day account for his stewardship because one day even Buhari too will surely come to past!

And that VP who calls himself a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Pastor of the Church of God sits there and play the ostrich. No protest no resignation from the VP while this injustice goes on!

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by konfused: 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
post=69646115:

Guy, relax abeg, Saraki is old enough to be your father na, haba, show some decorum while talking to him.

Azukwara gi azu

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by cytell56: 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2018
ridwanomooba:
Police Invitation is a Mere Political Game, Says Saraki

Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has stated that the invitation to him by the Police to report to a station in Guzape over the Offa robbery investigation is a mere afterthought which is designed to achieve political purpose.

Saraki in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, stated that he has it on good authority that the Police had already decided on the suspects to arraign in court in Ilorin, Kwara State on Wednesday based on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Mohammed U.E. and that the turn around to invite him was a ploy aimed at scoring cheap political points.

" I have been reliably informed that the police invitation was planned by IG as a ploy to stop an alleged plan by some Senators and House of Representatives members from defecting from the All Progressives Congress (APC). It was also said that if I was detained between Tuesday and Wednesday, that will abort the so-called defection plan.

"While I continue to maintain that the issue of my position on the 2019 elections is not a personal decision for me alone to make, it should be noted that all these concoctions and evil plot cannot deter me. Those behind this fresh assault will fail as I have nothing to do with the robbery incident or any criminal matter for that matter.

"I am aware that following a request made by the Police on June 13, 2018 to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) of the Fedeeation had written a legal advice dated June 22, 2018, in which he stated on page 5, paragraph (f) that "For the Senate President and the Kwara State Governor, this office is unable to establish from the evidence in the interim report a nexus between the alleged office and the suspects".

"The Police have obviously corrupted and politicized their investigations into the Offa robbery incident. They have turned it into an instrument for the party in power to suppress perceived opponents, witchunt issue for blackmailing people from freely choosing which platform on which they want to pursue their ambition and a matter for harassing the people whose exit from APC would harm the chances of the party in the forthcoming elections.

" I want to make it apparent that I have no hand in either the robbery incident or any criminal acitivity. The Police in their haste to embarrass me sent the invitation to me at 8pm and requested that I report to the station by 8am tomorrow morning. This obviously demonstrated their desperation as I do not see why they are now in a hurry.

"They also stated in today's letter that because in my response of June 7, 2018 to their own letter written on June 4, 2018, I stated that I was responding simply to the contents of the letter and that the full text of the statement made by the arrested suspects which they claimed indicted me was not made available to me, they were now including the suspects statements in the current letter. Yet, instead of including the suspects' statements, they only attached two copies of my own letter to the invitation. No suspects statement was made available.

"This plot aimed at compelling me and my associates to stay in a party where members are criminalised without just cause, where injustice is perpetrated at the highest level and where there is no respect for constitutionalism is an exercise in futility and it will fail.

"Once again, my confidence in God and our judicial system remains intact and unshaken. The truth shall also prevail in this case", he stated.

Signed
Yusuph Olaniyonu
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to the Senate President

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely!!! APC is desperate!!!

11 Likes

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by PointZerom: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
kunmiiii:
Plsssss spare us all these, u were involved indirectly so it doesn't make u a saint, because its not News how u funded these thugs for your political gain when u needed them.

Saraki is a snake, its an affront to snakes sef, cos this man is worse, he's not even a Double Agent, he's an agent of the Devil, he's treacherous, disloyal and very untrustworthy, how can any sane mind want this kinda person in the corridors of power.

As usual he will play on the minds of gullible Nigerians to gain sympathy to make this seem like a witch hunt.

Shut up if you don't have something meaningful to say.

13 Likes

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by gamaliel9: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
Please Saraki hasten the creation of State Police

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by DMerciful(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
Is it not clear even to the blind that Bubu got no integrity!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by cytell56: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
konfused:

Guy, relax abeg, Saraki is old enough to be your father na, haba, show some decorum while talking to him.

Azukwara gi azu

The guy no respect him own father nah, how e wan respect another person father. Na descendant of Liar-mohammed, an APC mole on Nairaland. Madridguy and Sarki's cousin.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by midolian(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
I wonder why the mods here are deleting negative comments about Saraki...All comments against him in the first page of the previous thread were deleted

It's a pity!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by aolawale025: 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
This regime is really bringing Nigeria down

3 Likes

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by GistFullGround: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2018
I am really not understanding Nigeria these days o

If I give someone a car as a gift and the person goes to rob with it, how is it my business?

If I give someone money as a gift and the person uses it to sponsor terrorism, how is it my business?

Why has the Nigerian Police turned itself into an object of mockery?

Why can't the Senate and House of Representatives give us State Police?

Please pass it with the veto-proof majority and let's see how the Police would be manipulated by the Federal Government.

Why is Nigeria turning into an unlawful state?

Nigeria nerds restructuring ASAP!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by Dreambeat: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2018
Buhari at work again.He is pissed that Saraki outsmarted him by not falling for his bait

5 Likes

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by tomakint: 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
post=69646115:
Try to always pray to be in the light. The darkness around you is too much. Did you even bother to read the whole thread?

24 Likes

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by midolian(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
GistFullGround:
I am really not understanding Nigeria these days o

If I give someone a car as a gift and the person goes to rob with it, how is it my business?

If I give someone money as a gift and the person uses it to sponsor terrorism, how is it my business?

Why has the Nigerian Police turned itself into an object of mockery?

Why is Nigeria turning into an unlawful state?

dumb one from you!

A car is not a weapon and as such possessing it without license is not illegal...

How can you compare a car with a gun?

How did Nigeria end up with people like you as youths?

If you give a man who isn't authorized to possess a gun, a gun, for your political gains and he commits other crimes with it,...man, you are an accomplice!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
The senate president should please do the needful by honouring the police invitation. Besides, i would appreciate if the authority involved would treat this case with sincerity and devoid of politics.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leadership Is Not By Force, Don't Kill People Before Leading Them - Jonathan / Election Results, Tompolo Calls For Calm / Dangote And Otedola At Eagles Square For Democracy Day Celebration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.