Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (36609 Views)

I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki / Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki / Police Invitation Is A Mere Political Game, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by WisdomFlakes: 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Senate President, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Saturday declared that time will determine his position in the affairs of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Saraki noted that although he does not want to dwell on the issue of whether he is still wanted in APC or not, he said “time will tell what happens.”

The Senate President made the declaration at a farewell dinner for delegates of the International Press Institute (IPI) World Congress which he hosted in Abuja.

The Senate President was responding to a comment by the Chairman, Daily TrustNewspapers, Kabiru Yusuf, who praised him for going to Saudi Arabia to perform the Lesser Hajj, went to Russia where he addressed the Russian parliament and returned home to attend the APC convention “a party to which he belongs but which increasingly does not belong to him.”

Saraki appeared to have been taken aback by the remark that he “belongs to APC but increasingly the party does not belong to him.”

He said, “Kabiru made a comment and said that he welcomes me as a member of the party and further said he is not sure if the party welcomes me as much as I welcome them.

“I am not going to comment on that because I will be here all night commenting on that. I won’t like to be the front page story but time will tell on that.

“Already, based on this comment, I know most newspapers headline would be time will tell. So I won’t be surprised if I check This Day newspapers and I see: The Senate President says time will tell.”

On the IPI World Congress in Africa, Saraki expressed hope that in the near future Africa will receive nod to host it again.

He also expressed pleasure that the world’s best journalists, editors and media executives converged in Nigeria to explore the theme – ‘Why Good Journalism Matters: Quality Media For Strong Societies’.

Saraki noted that he had no doubt, from the engaging sessions and enriching discussions over the last couple of days, many strategies should have been formulated that will take the practice of journalism to new heights around the world.

He welcomed IPI officials to Nigeria and called for more regular visits, and indeed annual congresses, in Africa.

“This, I believe, will make for better understanding of Nigerians and Africans in the eyes of the international media. When international journalists themselves come in our midst and get the right position about Africa, the image of our continent will start to improve in the eyes of the world out there,” Saraki said.

The visiting journalists, he said, will agree with him that “negative stereotypes of the so-called ‘dark continent’ have been bandied about for too long.

“This has had an unfortunate effect on the development of Africa, as well as the sense of pride and dignity of young Africans down the ages.”

The Senate President said that they know that “these negative notions of Africa are largely misconceptions.”

According to him, “in those cases where there may have been some truth in them, what we also know is that culture is not static. Some things that may have been true of Nigeria in the 1930s are no longer the case in the Nigeria of today. We can say much the same about America in many respects, or indeed of any place else.

“Culture is dynamic and refreshes itself; it evolves. It would therefore be appropriate for the larger world’s view of Africa to move apace, in line with the changing times. The media is key to achieving this.”

He added that “how we begin to redress the balance goes to the heart of responsible journalism itself.

“It starts with quality, accurate and objective reporting – the hallmarks of good journalism. Objectivity and impartiality, those time-honoured principles of responsible journalism, cannot be over-emphasised,” he said.

Saraki noted that “as Nigeria heads into the 2019 election year, we plead with the press – national and international – to maintain objectivity at all times in their reporting.”

“I say this because there can be no democracy without credible elections. If we get the election right, then we have a better chance of making a stronger society.

“We are living in times that call on the press to strive, more than ever, to defend freedoms. Events all over the world attest to the urgency of this.

“The media must be a defender of values; it must stand for rights, for openness – for the remaking of a world where the powerful will not oppress the weak.”

The Senate President I noted that “in the era of Fake News, especially with the fragmentation of the social contract as we are witnessing all over the world today, it is clear to me that the media cannot afford to be complacent.”

The media, he insisted, “cannot allow itself to be complicit” saying “when false claims are made, which could heat up the polity – or set different groups off against one another – it behoves the media to expose these by countering with verifiable facts.”

He recognised that the media is facing its own challenges, due in part to the internet and the rise of social media.

“So also, are the modes of relaying the news to an audience whose preference for receiving mass communication is also changing with each passing day.

“The media must adapt for this rapidly changing environment, in order that the journalist may fulfill his or her role, in the Lincolnian tradition, as a defender of democracy.”

Saraki who said that more than ever, the media must be proactive in defending the people’s right to know added that “in spite of the obstacles, the press must press on, because it is its responsibility to help society know itself better.”

He said that the media is a galvanising artery that holds the world together, a collective mirror to global conscience.

“We salute you, and thank you for your steadfastness and courage, despite the privations suffered in the journalist’s pursuit of the people’s right to know,” he said.

He assured of the continued support of the Senate, and indeed the entire 8th National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, to ensuring a free and vibrant press capable of playing its part in strengthening democratic norms.

“We stand committed to upholding press freedom, and to come to the aid of journalists whenever the need arises.

“Our doors are open and will remain open to ideas, strategies and policies for improving the practice of journalism in Nigeria and the condition of the journalists themselves – in line with global standards,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/time-will-tell-on-my-position-in-apc-says-saraki/

2 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by daryoor(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
star actor : bukola saraki

.season 1 epidode 10 house of cards

16 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by jabor4Naija(m): 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
It is clear dis man wants to be president but i doubt if he would contest now, i'm sure by 2023 he will contest

16 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by papoudaupolos: 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
T
Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by emi14: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2018
Opposite of friendship is enmity. Nothing exists in-between. Saraki must decide to camp with APC or decamp.

7 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by Baawaa(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
Saraki, your father cursed you before he die,and the curse is now manifesting in your life.You better go to MFM so they break the curse for you.Let me help you with this prayer point.
Saraki oya,hold your head with your two hands,and say
Every curse place upon my life by my father,break by fire,breeeeeak, breeeeeak, breeeeeak, breeeeeak don't stop until I ask you to stop grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by AroleOduduwa(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
Saraki, leave or stay you can’t be more than what you’re now, you had the golden opportunity but your over zealous self ruined it

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by Bayajidda1: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by Bayajidda1: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
emi14:
Opposite of friendship is enmity. Nothing exists in-between. Saraki must decide to camp with APC or decamp.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by Bayajidda1: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
Baawaa:
Saraki, your father cursed you before he die,and the curse is now manifesting in your life.You better go to MFM so they break the curse for you.Let me help you with this prayer point.
Every curse place upon my life by my father,break by fire,breeeeeak, breeeeeak, breeeeeak, breeeeeak don't stop until I ask you to stop grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BMC

6 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by Ochiboy11: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
APC members throwingchairs and fighting at the
National convention in Abuja (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwgShTk-wMI

2 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by Justpassingby2(m): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Okay we shall see

2 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by tunjijones(m): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
He wants to rule the country by all means...

8 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
saraki is the best senate president since democracy - cilicmarin

5 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by faithfull18(f): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Not my business.

My business on my signature.

2 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by 0koyibos: 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
About 3 months ago, Saraki was misbehaving, riding roughshod on the Senate and suspending senators. However, he has been rendered useless and powerless by 3 events:

A Omo Agege demystifying the Senate
B Mr Transmission snubbing the Senate
C Buhari telling the nPDP members in the APC to go to Hell

Today, Saraki has become as useless as an eunuch's manhood and he's incapable of protecting the interests of his followers. Look at Dino and the Kwara Governor's Chief of Staff.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by salbis(m): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Forced marriage no dey work. End of the road is near.

1 Like

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by brodalokie: 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
jabor4Naija:
It is clear dis man wants to be president but i doubt if he would contest now, i'm sure by 2023 he will contest

He should act fast because I will grow my horns starting from 2026 grin

1 Like

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Saraki, you evil.

I know you are.

You like no-one other than your small family members.

You're a danger to our democracy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by STARGREEN(m): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
Saraki, leave or stay you can’t be more than what you’re now, you had the golden opportunity but your over zealous self ruined it
Are You His Maker? If Buhari can be your Prisedent without ....qualifications and modern democratic prerequisite exposure what more Him?

2 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by adegbite01: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
pls anyone that know any Shante recruiting online PRs
Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by Deltayankeeboi: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
USELESS COUNTRY. Both APC AND PDP. All of you are mad.
Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by tballeyy(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
This Saraki can shot Bubu one day with the wAy he is looking at him

1 Like

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Saraki the desperate tyrant rogue.

We know you're a PDPÌG mind and soul.

You're only in APC because cause of the fear of getting impeached by the majority APC senators when you defect to your loving Party.

Your days are numbered.

Oloriburuku

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by mideactive: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
A very deaspirate politician looking for sympathy, ur crime is conniving with the opposition to tormenting ur own party,just because of ur personal interest. I guess Mr Saraki has been humbled,d rebel leader has been brought to his kneels. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by princeade86(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
God will judge u.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
SOWORE2019
If you know you know

3 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by Randy100: 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Saraki should be fast about it. I want to know if he is with us or against us.

4 Likes

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by mynaijadj(m): 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Time after Time
Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by AngelicBeing: 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Baawaa:
tongue

1 Like

Re: Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
The Neymar of 9ja politics

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai Curses Senators Shehu Sani, Hunkuyi, La’ah For Opposing $350M Loan / Chijioke Chukwu Beats His Wife, Chinyere Chukwu In Abia (photos) / Edo: PDP In Tight Corner Over Obaseki’s Ticket Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.