Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo (35447 Views)

The Moment Baba Ijesha Collapsed While Being Taken To Prison (Video) / Emijay: Nigerian Man Murdered In His Istanbul Apartment Being Taken To Ambulance / Cultists Kill Student Of Oko Polytechnic Inside Bush, By Shooting (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Angelanest: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2018
An accusation has been made against some operatives of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) after allegedly extorting two men of N200,000. According to Mayor Chikwe who shared the news, the man were stopped by the SARS officers after boarding a cab in Imo state and were taken to the bush where they were allegedly threatened before the coughed out the huge sum.

Read the full details below as shared by Mayor Chikwe on Facebook;

Yesterday, a business friend sent me this image after I didn't hear from him for almost a whole day which was unusual going by the standard of our business frequencies. I called him immediately to confirm what the matter was and he narrated his ordeal in the hands of F-SARS to me. Note, f-SARS is supposed to mean federal SARS but today I am choosing to interpret it as fake-SARS.

He and his friend chatted a cab from Mbaise or so, and on their way, the SARS officers stopped them and asked them to alight, probably because they were looking fresh, I wouldn't know really.

Immediately, they instituted a case against them threatening to take them to EFCC office, safe they comply to their demands. My friend and his friend asked to be taken to the police station if that be the case, but for where,? the SARS guys refused threatening them with EFCC.

Along the line they asked them to enter the police van and drove them off into a bush in an unknown location, offloaded them and began to intimidate them. They outrightly demanded for #1.2m from my friend and his friend and threatened to waste them in that bush if they failed to comply. Out of fear, My friend bargained and dragged the price down to 200k and the SARS guys finally agreed. (This is the second person known to me SARS has extorted 200k from within the last one month).

The SARS guys took them to ATM and they withdrew from the cash and gave them at hand. The first person SARS once harassed called me asking for help to transfer 200k to the SARS guys to release him so he can continue his east bound journey from Lagos. He gave me the SARS guy's account number and I paid directly into it. If I was that guy I will make sure those SARS guys pay with their life after extorting me in that manner.

Anyway, I asked my friend why they even obliged to pay 200k insisting it was too much. My friend told me that the bush they were taken to, they don't even know where they were and secondly the fear emanating from similar stories he had heard in the past especially where those SARS guys even maime their victims or took some five guys to sell to one politician for 5m each, weakened him and heightened the fear in him, inducing his compliance to their outrageous demand.

The federal government must find a permanent solution to the SARS menace because more often than not, they are the Armed robbers on our high ways.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/men-forced-to-pay-n200k-after-being-taken-into-the-bush-by-sars-in-imo-photo.html

1 Like

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by madridguy(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2018
Let them go to church for thanksgiving that the blood sucking terrorists did not waste their lives.

The IG should continue to play deaf, I know one day the trap he set for innocent Nigerians will catch him.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2018
Go and report to their oga.If he fails to sanction them come and report to nlanders.They will take a swift sanction against their errand boys.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by psucc(m): 10:51am On Jul 26, 2018
Police has also joined Internet Banking and online transaction. That's a good development.

7 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2018
tsephanyah:
Only criminals dislike SARS
Sai Baba
Are SARS men not criminals?Why arrest a suspect and took him into a bush and demanded bribe from him thereafter?What happened to the police station?

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Ventura1: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2018
FSARS is another Buhari landmark achievement.

8 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Hardeywerlay(m): 11:15am On Jul 26, 2018
#EndSARS

7 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by olanrewaju99(m): 11:15am On Jul 26, 2018
I fear men in uniform they're now modern robbers with legal backup.

27 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2018
#ENDSARS NOW

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by princeade86(m): 11:15am On Jul 26, 2018
SARS. hmmmmmm.
Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Youngholy413(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2018
tsephanyah:
Sai Baba
I pray you fall victim only then will you understand.

55 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2018
Real or fake SARS?
Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by drey076(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2018
tsephanyah:
Sai Baba
l
Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by thatNUPEboy: 11:16am On Jul 26, 2018
Only God knows the truth.

These guys might be criminals. Both the tweeter and the tweetee
Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by TissuePaper: 11:16am On Jul 26, 2018
SARS as a whole has done more harm than good to our society sad
Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Kingso23: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Donsammi(m): 11:17am On Jul 26, 2018
They are too much in Owerri.

most of them sars came from Ph,delta

That's how I was stopped at civil defense and ama jike

and the idiots was checking my pictures and seeing I was fresh. Maga Don show,I just laughed, at all na transfer I go do give you and that account na freezing get that account

but immediately he saw some pictures taken at National Assembly complex and NASS white house and Dss office Abuja

he gave me back my phone, I just laughed

those dudes stop any young dude in a taxis to extort them..

14 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by obojememe: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2018
this one strong ...i recently deleted all d bank app on my phone to avoid issues with these men of d underworld ...ussd code is d new cool, with my torch light phone am still covered

3 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Yelutide: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2018
First of all, F-SARS took them to ATM to withdraw, why didn't they enter the bank to make direct transfer, demanding for their real bank details. With that they can be traced and arrested.

Secondly, poster claimed that he has already made a transfer of 200K to one SARS officer before this incident, Meaning you know the full name of the account you transferred to, why don't you take it up with Inspector General of Police on twitter, post the screenshot of the transfer plus the name (You'll find it in your mobile bank history).

Thirdly, who took that picture above? are you sure your friends are legit for them to be afraid of EFCC?

Finally, when next you are cut up with SARS and you wish to do transfer, please choose NIFT option and don't choose instant transfer. With NIFT option, you can still cancel the transaction after some hours. All you need do is to inform your bank to cancel the transaction.

21 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by momentum85(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2018
and FG is still mute over the issue of FSARS, this administration is something else. Well I know nothing lasts forever, one day the issue of FSARS will become a history.

4 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 26, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Moreoffaith(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2018
Awon kidnapper Dede.
Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by tragergeorge(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2018
comshots:
Are SARS men not criminals?Why arrest a suspect and take him to a bush and demand bribe from him?What happen to police station?
na you get time to reply goat

2 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 26, 2018
tsephanyah:
Sai Baba

Only an educated illiterate would jump to such a conclusion. Education in Nigeria has really gone to the dogs.

7 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by IfeanyiOpara5698(m): 11:20am On Jul 26, 2018
tsephanyah:
Sai Baba

I strongly disagree with your opinion because I've seen hard working and decent folks harassed by these decorated criminals known as SARS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 26, 2018
sars on da beat.....
Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by TheMafiaChurch: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2018
Even if they are criminals, why can't this rank follow due process. Who made them, judge, jury and executioners. And as usual, authorities will play deaf.

3 Likes

Re: Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo by ehinmowo: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2018
tsephanyah:
Sai Baba

Take a moment and think about what you jst posted here. Then, re-type it. Lets see if it's a permanent deformity or temporal.

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Father Is The Brain Behind Most Kidnappings In Lagos, Ogun: Suspect (pic) / Thieves Set Building On Fire In Umuahia After Failed Attempts To Break-In / Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.