Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,047 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud (7116 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2018
The truth must be told so young people won't be deceived. Any Nigerian who have stayed 15 years in America and built a standard duplex is involved in fraudulent activities. It is impossible to work legitimately in the US. for 15 years and save money to build a duplex in Nigeria. Many middle class Americans can't save $100,000 within a 15 years period, these are people with professional college degrees,. so when next you see a Nigerian back from the US. erecting a mansion and driving expensive cars just know he is into wire wire, credit card scam, checks, western union money pick up and other shady deals. I expect a lot of bashing from Nigerians in America but I know deep inside they know it is the truth, 15 years is even being fair.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by chrisjohn234: 11:04am On Jul 27, 2018
Lol. You guys are back again. Always provoking our hard working citizens in the United States. Pidgin 2 and TimesUp in another form.

13 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by ahiboilandgas: 11:20am On Jul 27, 2018
useni1:
The truth must be told so young people won't be deceived. Any Nigerian who have stayed 15 years in America and built a standard duplex is involved in fraudulent activities. It is impossible to work legitimately in the US. for 15 years and save money to build a duplex in Nigeria. Many middle class Americans can't save $100,000 within a 15 years period, these are people with professional college degrees,. so when next you see a Nigerian back from the US. erecting a mansion and driving expensive cars just know he is into wire wire, credit card scam, checks, western union money pick up and other shady deals. I expect a lot of bashing from Nigerians in America but I know deep inside they know it is the truth, 15 years is even being fair.
it seems there system is not design to mass wealth but to live quality and sustainable life ,Thier wealth come from invention and value

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by chrisjohn234: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
it seems there system is not design to mass wealth but to live quality and sustainable life ,Thier wealth come from invention and value
well said!
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Larrycool1234(m): 11:29am On Jul 27, 2018
Attention seeker!!! Smh

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2018
Why don't you dispute what I wrote there instead of attacking my personality? Well I guess the truth hurt so deal with it. Thanks.
Larrycool1234:
Attention seeker!!! Smh

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by edoman2016: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
useni1:
Why don't you dispute what I wrote there instead of attacking my personality? Well I guess the truth hurt so deal with it. Thanks.
Do you live or have lived in America? You need to explain if your assertion is from your life experience or statistics on the internet?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Nahum777(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
They are back again grin

8 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by KendrickAyomide: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
Foolish talk my brother

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Does it matter? The whole is global now and the reality can be felt all over. Explain to us how is it possible to save over $100,000 in 15 years..Mister statistics shocked
edoman2016:

Do you live or have lived in America? You need to explain if your assertion is from your life experience or statistics on the internet?
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by hammed71(m): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
ok useni we have heard ooo, are you happy now
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by londoner: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
Op, you don't know that many people to even know how 'almost all' make their money.
If instead you mean almost all the Nigerians you know are fraudsters then change your friends.

Do you know how large America is for you to claim to know anything about' almost all' Nigerians there?

6 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by londoner: 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
useni1:
Does it matter? The whole is global now and the reality can be felt all over. Explain to us how is it possible to save over $100,000 in 15 years..Mister statistics shocked

It depends on what they do. If they went into nursing the average salary of an RN is 1,306 per week. Many people in the USA have more than one job too. It is very possible to do in the US over 15 years to save over 100k.

4 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
Earning $1,306 weekly is just a bit over $62,000 annually, when taxed you are left with less than $45,000 to spend for the whole year. That is not money, Nigerian living in America knows it is the truth. At most you should be able to save just $6,000 in a year from that.
londoner:

It depends on what they do. If they went into nursing the average salary of an RN is 1,306 per week. Many people in the USA have more than one job too. It is very possible to do in the US over 15 years to save over 100k.

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by londoner: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2018
useni1:
Earning $1,306 weekly is just a bit over $62,000 annually, when taxed you are left with less than $45,000 to spend for the whole year. That is not money, Nigerian living in America knows it is the truth. At most you should be able to save just $6,000 in a year from that.

That's just on that job though. Your savings will depend on what your bills are. Are these people in two person households where their spouse is also working? Even on your calculations over 15 years ( as you stated) isn't that 90k in savings? There are Nigerians that earn over 62k a year though.

There will be some dishonest ones but it's not impossible to save 100k over 15 years in the USA.

9 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by 1kingwriter: 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
Mr. OP, No!
How much does it cost to build a duplex biko?
@6k yearly saving, in 15 years it's 90k

However, do you know what they call bones and rags?
That bringing in used stuffs?

Do you know how much cars are picked at auctions and ferried to Nigeria?
Camry 07/08 could be picked at $2k, while Sienna could be picked at $2500 do the maths of what it's sold here. Some people bring in Sienna with used items worth of N2 million and all these goes into such projects.

Do not be deceived, many of them do non tangible businesses and investment that yields money.

But do you know what 15 years is?
And your problem is just a bungalow?
When traders can easily do such invest.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 12:18am On Jul 28, 2018
Building or buying an average duplex should cost over 20-30million naira or more depending on where you live. Remember if you travel to the US. with non-immigrant visa your first five years might be wasted trying to get your green card. Then the next ten years will be used to get your feet on the ground, then settling down and getting married, now you see the angle I am looking at it from?
1kingwriter:
Mr. OP, No!
How much does it cost to build a duplex biko?
@6k yearly saving, in 15 years it's 90k

However, do you know what they call bones and rags?
That bringing in used stuffs?

Do you know how much cars are picked at auctions and ferried to Nigeria?
Camry 07/08 could be picked at $2k, while Sienna could be picked at $2500 do the maths of what it's sold here. Some people bring in Sienna with used items worth of N2 million and all these goes into such projects.

Do not be deceived, many of them do non tangible businesses and investment that yields money.

But do you know what 15 years is?
And your problem is just a bungalow?
When traders can easily do such invest.

8 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 12:37am On Jul 28, 2018
5 years to get your green card, another five years to get your feet on the ground and go back to school if the interest haven't completely died off. Then another five years to start saving. Now you see what I am talking about? I know many people who have stayed there over 20yrs with nothing to show for. Living in present day America is very expensive and you are left with little or nothing to invest back in Nigeria unless you are a very smart person
londoner:

That's just on that job though. Your savings will depend on what your bills are. Are these people in two person households where their spouse is also working? Even on your calculations over 15 years ( as you stated) isn't that 90k in savings? There are Nigerians that earn over 62k a year though.

There will be some dishonest ones but it's not impossible to save 100k over 15 years in the USA.
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by edoman2016: 7:51am On Jul 28, 2018
useni1:
Wow! You seem to be well prepared with your facts. Which is what I want to read than mere hearsay. A standard duplex in a good location plus the cost of land will take more than $100,000( 35 million Naira) in Lagos to build or buy.
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by londoner: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2018
useni1:
5 years to get your green card, another five years to get your feet on the ground and go back to school if the interest haven't completely died off. Then another five years to start saving. Now you see what I am talking about? I know many people who have stayed there over 20yrs with nothing to show for. Living in present day America is very expensive and you are left with little or nothing to invest back in Nigeria unless you are a very smart person

People get to America coming from a variety of situations some get to the US on the green card lottery. Some through marriage and some through student visas that allow part time work . You can start saving when you start earning and that's what people do depending on their situation.

It's false to suggest that you have to start saving after your first ten years of being in the US. I think when you saw that by your calculations gets you to 90k you are trying to move the goal posts by trying to reduce the once 15 years to save down to 5 years to save.

If some people have stayed for 20 years with 'nothing to show for it' ( whatever that means) others have something to show for it. They are not rare in fact.

10 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by lastempero: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2018
If that is the case u guys should better come back here, my legit hustle for naija never reach 10yrs but close to thar spot. Not everybody knows how to save that's another point.

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by edoman2016: 9:10am On Jul 28, 2018
londoner:

People get to America coming from a variety of situations some get to the US on the green card lottery. Some through marriage and some through student visas that allow part time work . You can start saving when you start earning and that's what people do depending on their situation.

It's false to suggest that you have to start saving after your first ten years of being in the US. I think when you saw that by your calculations gets you to 90k you are trying to move the goal posts by trying to reduce the once 15 years to save down to 5 years to save.

If some people have stayed for 20 years with 'nothing to show for it' ( whatever that means) others have something to show for it. They are not rare in fact.

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by edoman2016: 9:10am On Jul 28, 2018
londoner:

The OP is even generous with his analysis. Saving money consistently is not easy. Not everyone can save. I like his analysis and he knows what he is saying. That's why few people have been able to dispute him.

7 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by TimoBriggs: 10:46am On Jul 28, 2018
useni1:
Building or buying an average duplex should cost over 20-30million naira or more depending on where you live. Remember if you travel to the US. with non-immigrant visa your first five years might be wasted trying to get your green card. Then the next ten years will be used to get your feet on the ground, then settling down and getting married, now you see the angle I am looking at it from?

I see your basis but this is a terribly ignorant assertion. Its better you modify the subject to include 'My Opinion'. Also note , not everyone jumps around looking for GC on just its basis. Some arrive from nigeria and on day one with a work permit, a lot study and upon graduation are making giant strides in US corporations

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by TheVerdict: 11:33am On Jul 28, 2018
My question to the OP, is it possible to save $500 a month?

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by BedLam: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
Op is right. Even people that earn over 100k annually in some states are considered low income earners. Because rent is expensive, you have health insurance, credit cards, auto insurance, mortgage loan to pay. Most times the only savings they get is the retirement package called 401k which you cant collect until you retire or you pay a fee if you want to collect it early. Only frugal people can save their way to a reasonably sustainable income bracket.

I always wonder why Nigeria isn't developed and I realized somethig; when they resources are unavailable, we complain about lack of resources but when we have them, we just want to be comfortable and enjoy.

You'd be surprised the number of asians that own businesses, the number of Israelis who are equally sharing the same resources with Africans but you barely see an African inventor blazing a trail.
Even those that went to the same Ivy league as Zuckerberg just want to work and enjoy life why being paid. This is why we won't develop, we aren't risk takers. We love excess comfort, which kills. Most Asians get to the US via H1B Visa but that's so unlike Africans. They work for a time and develop their own businesses, Nigerians both home and abroad are useless to this nation.

You can only find us doing meager businesses like Salon, restaurants which we cant even grow to global chains. It's sad!

14 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Babyvet: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
Lol at the OP, It not impossible to make decent money in America especially a middle class income. Saving money is a big issue for people all over the world and Americans are not exempt. The credit system is very big here and most people finance everything. The one thing , I like about this place is the availability of jobs in the country. There are jobs here , they may not be the most nicest or well paying jobs, but they are there. Also perception is key, what is considered rich in one place may not be considered rich in another place. Having a car in most of America is a necessity while in Nigeria you may be considered a big man if you do have one. I'm not sure what duplexes costs, but I have seen nursing assistants here built homes back home but they work crazy over time with bonus pay. Anyone who intends to immigrate to any country for that matter , needs to plan. I feel like a lot of our people lacking proper planning which is why you find some people here who have lived 20 plus years with nothing to show for it. Cost of living has to be factored in, we also have to pay heavy taxes on our income and bills have to be paid which is why people live paycheck to paycheck around here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Babyvet: 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
londoner:

That is income is before taxes, which is why you see a lot of RN working over time. Yes you can save that amount over 15 years if you are diligent saver but most people are not. Even some people making six figures a year can not even boast of mere $1000 saving in their account.

6 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Partnerbiz(f): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
Let me park here first...

Grabs popcorn

Gonna be interesting.

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Hycon(m): 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
What about tax refund money kiss

If you are wise with money you can always receive a fat refund yearly

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2018
Your student visa clearly states that once done with your study you are supposed to return back to your home country. Moreover your work time is limited as a student and sometimes you are restricted within the campus premises. The number of Nigerians traveling to the US. with a non-immigrant is more than 85% when compared to those who secured an immigrant visa from Nigeria. Please let make our submissions with facts.
TimoBriggs:

I see your basis but this is a terribly ignorant assertion. Its better you modify the subject to include 'My Opinion'. Also note , not everyone jumps around looking for GC on just its basis. Some arrive from nigeria and on day one with a work permit, a lot study and upon graduation are making giant strides in US corporations

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted / Ethiopian Airlines To Begin Flights To Kano / China: First Thing That Comes To Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.