Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (36166 Views)

His Maid Is Pregnant For Him And He Wants Abortion / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / My Ex Wife Wants To Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by 2odd(m): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
Easy !!!!, Get a friend of yours she didn't know to disguise as a pastor or something ,give the said friend enough details about her .tell him to give her a vision not to abort if she ever got pregnant...works like magic
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Kudducini(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
oolongtea:

look at all the bolded parts. dude, you're being really childish and impractical. the idea of cute fatherhood u have in your head is FAR from the harsh reality of rushing into parenthood especially for a guy as naive and short-sighted as u are. be a man and make the necessary tough choice. the girl is right, find a hospital and get the abortion pills. she swallows and this madness is over.

from the part in italics, it's obvious you're a story teller, the ones that are drawn to drama. this will overwhelm u eventually, fantasy is a liar, the attention u crave will come and u wont like it. dont fvck up you life and dont fvck up a young girl's life with your weakness of mind. encourage her to get the abortion and for god's sake ALWAYS use a condom!!!

What if she dies while trying to abort the pregnancy?

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by udemzyudex(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
Tell her you're going to sue her, she has no right to do rhah grin
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
She might think she's too young to be married and be a student at the same time. But tell her that if she takes it off , she might regret it down the line.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Kudducini(m): 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2018
praxs:
Its not yet confirmed but we are suspecting pregnancy. I am 28yrs of age and my girl is 22years. We started dating not too long. We made love sometime last month and she missed her perioed. We used strip and it shows she is pregnant. We will go for a proper test today to confirm. Now here are the issues disturbing me:

A: She wants abortion but I don't want that: she's a student, hence keeping it will be complicated for her.

B: I have been thinking of ways to convince her but she's adamant, abortion is the best for her. Please more ideas for me on how to convince her. And if I successfully convince her to keep the pregnancy, how do we go about this?

C: Both of us come from a very strick family.

D: I am still thinking of how to report myself to her family. I could end up in police station tho. Do I go straight to see her parents (suicidal), do I go tell their pastor so we could find a way to break it to her parents. Do I go tro her parents siblings?

What is just the best way to report myself?

I need your advice's urgently please, coz we are doing the test this afternoon.

Tell your parents they should know what to do
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Iammercy2018: 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2018
Report to your parents first then move further to report yourself to her parents, before any decision could be made, whether to abort or keep.

Anything other than this you're on the verge of going to jail if anything happens to her when you go for the abortion without the consent of her parents

Report to your parents + her parents = both fam make a decision

Wat has happened has happened

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Born2Breed(f): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
praxs:
Its not yet confirmed but we are suspecting pregnancy. I am 28yrs of age and my girl is 22years. We started dating not too long. We made love sometime last month and she missed her perioed. We used strip and it shows she is pregnant. We will go for a proper test today to confirm. Now here are the issues disturbing me:

A: She wants abortion but I don't want that: she's a student, hence keeping it will be complicated for her.

B: I have been thinking of ways to convince her but she's adamant, abortion is the best for her. Please more ideas for me on how to convince her. And if I successfully convince her to keep the pregnancy, how do we go about this?

D: I am still thinking of how to report myself to her family. I could end up in police station tho. Do I go straight to see her parents (suicidal), do I go tell their pastor so we could find a way to break it to her parents. Do I go tro her parents siblings?

Most Africans are superstitious and believe in spirituality.

Tell her your pastor or Imam or babalawo or Alfa saw a vision that if any girl try to abort your child she will die a painful death.

Thanks me later!

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by AroleOduduwa(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
Tell her about the job offer you just got, tell her they offering 1m salary and 1.5 allowance monthly
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by GOFRONT(m): 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
cool
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by kingsilly(m): 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
It’s her body, you not the one carrying the baby so it’s easy for you to say keep the baby. She’s not ready to be a mother, nor the responsibility that comes with it. Any decision she makes you support not trying to avert it

13 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Buy her Mercedes-Benz
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Marry her first . cheap nigga
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Malawian(m): 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
praxs:

That pregnancy might not be yours, the reason she wants to terminate it. Don't commit murder.

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by mrdna(m): 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Fornication fornication fornication
God is watching you
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by 2odd(m): 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
kingsilly:
It’s her body, you not the one carrying the baby so it’s easy for you to say keep the baby. She’s not ready to be a mother, nor the responsibility that comes with it. Any decision she makes you support not trying to avert it

Boss u are kinda wrong o,it's their Baby , if anything should go wrong during the abortion the guy will be held accountable ,. The decision to abort is not solely hers to make

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by pocohantas(f): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
I honestly do not support involving her parents without her consent. That would be blackmailing her into keeping the baby.

An uncle pulled that stunt with a girl years back. She kept the baby and they got married. For years she kept reminding him how he disorganised her life. She hated him so much.
After those years, she left him.

She has to make that decision herself.
It is funny that some ladies would be hell bent on aborting with/without the prospective father's consent, but when they decide to keep it against his wish, he must be ready for fatherhood or else! grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Obierika(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
Let her get an abortion...it's not such a complicated issue
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
nadalion:
If you have a friend TO THAT (personally) KNOWS YOU, THE GIRL and HER FAMILY, will be a better adviser. Why I think so? It's because they can either Allay your fears it give you reasons to go with her abortion plans. Personally, I feel your on track in your decisions so far, Cheers mate.
My friend, will you c'mon write something we can all understand! angry

8 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by gonkin(m): 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
praxs:

I wasnt there when it started. Im just passing by

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by kenex4ever(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
praxs:

what baffles me is how a guy in this modern era would meet a girl n sleep with her without condom. So u guys don't believe in HIV?

May b I come from another planet

I know how many girls that have tried to make me go skin to skin without success

3 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Bencolink: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
duduade:
A cheap pack of condoms which goes for less than #500 would have saved you all these issues...
Your nemesis just started!!!!

I never knew Condom is that expensive...
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
When dey say flee 4rm sexual sin, remove ur slippers n run 4 ur life. U no hear! You jst de shakushaku cheesy d tin de swt u, 2+2 wey we know is =4, now u want change am smtin else... Why u no ask us b4 u go do d do? Carry ur cross

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by kushercain: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
oolongtea:

boy, how old are u? u have to learn to stop embarrassing yourself.. he should get her mother's number without her consent and talk your quoted trash. "her mother" "my people". once this child is here, mother becomes the girl in question here who does not want this child and father becomes this 28yr old who is obviously unprepared to be a father but is carried away with the wishful euphoria of the idea of having a cute newborn without factoring in cold hard facts into what it takes to bring a child here and how life will NEVER be the same after this and all the risk and all that could go wrong that one has to accept as far as a newborn is concerned.
this "her mother" you're talking of, maybe your nigerian parents traumatized u so u cant understand the concept of adult independence but everybody lives it. this girl's life will not revolve around her mother's sentiments and the responsibility this dude is foolishly jumping into without properly weighing will not be eased by her mother's moans and sighs in future. and the level of disrespect for this girl to suggest he should contact her mother without her consent. u obviously dont respect women and u are not very bright. if u were, u would weigh in the tremendous responsibility of parenthood and realize that if something this serious is attempted to be done by cutting corners with the number 1 person involved, then it wont end well for anyone and it's a sign to abort mission. it's like russia planning a war that vladmir putin knows nothing about, it will backfire. stop underestimating the importance of what this girl chooses to do about this.

u know what life is like for the average nigerian. imagine that life with a mother who hates u from her whole heart. u ppl have to be careful the advices u give and the spiritual consequences it will have in the long run. bringing innocent souls here that will curse the ones who brought them into such an unfair circumstance and u'll be somewhere saying but your hands are clean while life fvcks u shege. u'd probably pee yourself in joy if given a south african visa just so u can escape nigeria yet here u are suggesting an unstable 28 yr old boy should usher in a baby into a hard life with a 22 yr old girl he's dated for a very short time who absolutely does not want the pregnancy.
i am yet to see one of the keep-the-baby crusaders ask this boy what he does, how much he earns, what his living condition is like, the distance b/w him and the gf, what his realistic plans are for this child, if he plans to marry the mother, if the mother wants to marry him, if he does not plan to marry the mother.. who does he think will, if he loves the child so much why is he ok with the possibility of another man raising him if the mother marries someone else, what are their genotypes, has it ever crossed his mind the child could be born disabled, does he have a child-friendly environment to raise a child in the current nigerian climate(corruption, sexual abuse, kidnaps)

just goat-ish sentimental advices of keep it that wont matter in the long run and will keep everyone miserable and always hoping. the way u think is not what works and the ones who built countries that u would love to go to wouldnt have such great countries if they refuse to apply logic like u. why didnt u suggest he transfer the pregnancy to the girl's mother so he can kuku leave the girl out of the whole thing since u're already suggesting he leave her out of it when she can literally not be left out of it except she gets an abortion. mtchew

Chairman you keep talking about bringing up a child as if it is impossible, so what the op is 28? And so? Have you not heard of a hustling teenager who brought up a child without help from anybody? Sure it wont be easy but that's life for you, you face the consequence like a man and brace the storm why do you keep hammering on abortion If your mom had popped the pills you are suggesting the young girl pops you wouldn't be here typing this terrible advice.

@op whatever you do don't inform her people without her knowledge talk to her. She has her valid reasons weigh your choice well because things will never be the same again. Αll the best

7 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ma2seater:
How did you know the pregnancy is yours? These girls ain't loyal, bro!
Otondo is this an issue on the thread?It is obvious the guy believes the child is his hence why he is against her having an abortion.

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by JambTutorial: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello, Its very easy to convince her to change her mind,
Just tell her you will shop from dizmart.ng an online shopping mall for babies and groceries.
First, you will need a sleeping bed for your baby smiley and next high chairs, bed sheets and blankets, bouncers etc
We can equally deliver at your doorstep.
Don't worry we are there for you smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2018
praxs:

Do u have the intentions of marrying her?

3 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Olabestonic001(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2018
praxs:

Tell her she's playing with future blocked tubes.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2018
duduade:
A cheap pack of condoms which goes for less than #500 would have saved you all these issues...
Your nemesis just started!!!!

Its 25 naira per condom sir.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by enekwesylvia: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2018
Marry her, EOD - end of discusion

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by koolaid87: 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
Show her money and not your dream

Cos having kid is reality
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by kingsilly(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
2odd:

Boss u are kinda wrong o,it's their Baby , if anything should go wrong during the abortion the guy will be held accountable ,. The decision to abort is not solely hers to make
Reason I say any decision she want to make he supports her. He’s the guy, he’s not the one carrying child, people here be posting bible verse as if that will help carry and care for a child.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Went Out Behind My Back. / Lady Calls Out Her Husband, Pius Angbo, A Staff Of Channels TV, For Beating Her / Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.