Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,217 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (36155 Views)

His Maid Is Pregnant For Him And He Wants Abortion / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / My Ex Wife Wants To Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

My family isn't the issue.. The won't have choice than to accept my decision after the insults.. She's hellbent on abortion, and I am not comfortable with that.. Too risky for me,..convincing her is the issue here then the best way to bring myself to her family. The pregnancy is 4weeks old

How much do you have in your Savings Account ? Do you own a home ? Do you have a stable source of income ?

If you have direct answers to those questions without beating around the bush to justify your decision, then you are good to go. But if any of those questions raise a defensive posture in you then by all means you are bringing a child into a world that has already got enough bleeped up kids.

D&C is recommended for those who are not ready to raise a child. The price of pampers and children cloths, creche and educational fees have gone up.

Just hope you know this.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by yeyeboy23(m): 1:00am On Jul 29, 2018
You get special seat for hell
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 29, 2018
You can't.

It's not your body.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Rhea(f): 1:10am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:
Its not yet confirmed but we are suspecting pregnancy. I am 28yrs of age and my girl is 22years. We started dating not too long. We made love sometime last month and she missed her perioed. We used strip and it shows she is pregnant. We will go for a proper test today to confirm. Now here are the issues disturbing me:

A: She wants abortion but I don't want that: she's a student, hence keeping it will be complicated for her.

B: I have been thinking of ways to convince her but she's adamant, abortion is the best for her. Please more ideas for me on how to convince her. And if I successfully convince her to keep the pregnancy, how do we go about this?

C: Both of us come from a very strick family.

D: I am still thinking of how to report myself to her family. I could end up in police station tho. Do I go straight to see her parents (suicidal), do I go tell their pastor so we could find a way to break it to her parents. Do I go tro her parents siblings?

What is just the best way to report myself?

I need your advice's urgently please, coz we are doing the test this afternoon.

Bros, stop being a coward and act like a man. You are 28, she is 22.
Have you considered proposing to her and tying the knot? Marry the girl and save yourself a hefty bride price. It will be a hush hush marriage ceremony with no fanfare involved. Saves you a ton of money.
At 28, what's keeping you from settling down if you can fill up a girl?

3 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by OMOTOWO(m): 1:26am On Jul 29, 2018
duduade:
A cheap pack of condoms which goes for less than #500 would have saved you all these issues...
Your nemesis just started!!!!
na so una talk for here when my gf got pregnant then..we are married n we are feeling good now with our kid...stop discouraging guys/ladies who fall into this kind of mess..We all have our flaws and we pray we rise up..You av your own problem too n your problem for now can't last forever .You will definitely overcome it one day
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Dynatress700: 1:31am On Jul 29, 2018
They're many factors you'll have to consider when you plan to keep a pregnancy. From your previous thread you seem to have a steady source of income that may cater for the baby. Be sure that your girlfriend on a good day would like you to be the father of her child, that is on a good day are you the kind of Man she would love to father her child? if she agree to that, then it may be that she doesn't want to be seen as a disappointment to her parents that's why she's insisting on abortion. Take the bold step of walking up to your parents and discuss with them, tell them you wish to keep the baby, encourage your girlfriend to keep the baby too, go inform her parents, go along side with your family members. You can decide to start marriage plans immediately, a low key wedding, it must not be large. In the end you both would be happy that you kept this baby. I repeat be sure that you're both in love and ready to live together as husband and wife. Don't let this pregnancy compel you to end up with who you never wanted to. Fear, shame and guilt are top reasons most young women do not prefer to keep pregnancy, education rarely tops the list.

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by nursefelix27(m): 1:33am On Jul 29, 2018
the right thing to do is to keep the pregnancy but the best thing to do is for her to abort it, let's be frank you ain't ready and I know you wouldn't wanna ruin that girls future. @op a word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:45am On Jul 29, 2018
A 22 year-old still a “student” of DICKmatics? undecided
Cannot use birth control in this day and age?

No advice for you sir!
I blame the lady.
She is a modern-day $&@%#.

Then she thinks an “abortion” is the solution to her “uselessness”? undecided

As for you. . . WHICH WORK DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THE CHILD? undecided
You think say pikin na “bicycle”? undecided
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Danchibez: 2:17am On Jul 29, 2018
Pls let ur parents kn of ur predicament to let u figure d best way to approach her parents. Never abide by ur girls' decision (abortion). It is murder.

Kn that if by mistake she dies going by her stance on
abortion whether u permitted her or not, u will b jailed by her parents.

U must save dat child because he/she is blameless and might be ur pillar/backbone if saved and alive
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by adeboizy11(m): 2:17am On Jul 29, 2018
Zoharariel:
Do not allow her abort the pregnancy. Get her mother's phone number without her consent and text her the following:

"Dear Mrs. so so & so,

Blessings of the kingdom to you & your family in Jesus name. In this end times, all have sinned & have come short of the glory of God.

Your beautiful & virtuous daughter (insert her name here e.g Ada) is pregnant and contemplating abortion.

The bible warns us against abortion in Psalm 127: 3 - "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring - a reward from him"

I am ready to take full responsibility. May Jehovah Selichot - "God of Forgiveness" forgive us our sins - Amen!"

Now, after sending her this sms, switch off your phone for 3days and inform one of your Uncles about this incident.

You can never go to jail because of this. Ari iru eleyi ri, a fi n deru ba oloro nii. grin

Them bible studies regulars.
I hail you o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by nextstep(m): 2:54am On Jul 29, 2018
Dynatress700:
They're many factors you'll have to consider when you plan to keep a pregnancy. From your previous thread you seem to have a steady source of income that may cater for the baby. Be sure that your girlfriend on a good day would like you to be the father of her child, that is on a good day are you the kind of Man she would love to father her child? if she agree to that, then it may be that she doesn't want to be seen as a disappointment to her parents that's why she's insisting on abortion. Take the bold step of walking up to your parents and discuss with them, tell them you wish to keep the baby, encourage your girlfriend to keep the baby too, go inform her parents, go along side with your family members. You can decide to start marriage plans immediately, a low key wedding, it must not be large. In the end you both would be happy that you kept this baby. I repeat be sure that you're both in love and ready to live together as husband and wife. Don't let this pregnancy compel you to end up with who you never wanted to. Fear, shame and guilt are top reasons most young women do not prefer to keep pregnancy, education rarely tops the list.

This has got to be the best advice OP could get on this forum. Nothing for me to add except I've been in your situation. We've been married happily for 11 years now with a total of 4 children. All the initial fears and tears from our parents are distant memories, and I'm happy we made the decisions we made.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by AkQWA: 3:06am On Jul 29, 2018
Before you make any decision, first ask her whether she is 100% sure the pregnancy is yours.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Meetleader: 3:35am On Jul 29, 2018
Abortion is not an option, abortion is murder before GOD and results to bloodguiltiness which has dire consequences Jeremiah 1:5

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Holocene(m): 4:00am On Jul 29, 2018
angry angry
Safe sex wins
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by ssuccess(m): 4:21am On Jul 29, 2018
It's her decision to make. Especially since the both of you aren't married.
Please respect that!
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by grandstar(m): 4:30am On Jul 29, 2018
duduade:
A cheap pack of condoms which goes for less than #500 would have saved you all these issues...
Your nemesis just started!!!!

The mistake has been made and he's looking for a way forward. How is your advice helpful?
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Codes151(m): 4:35am On Jul 29, 2018
If you where man enough u should have contacted her family since yet... You got her pregnant and want her to keep that thing when u can't even make a family...

At this stage her family don't know u. U not even married to her... You looking for someone to force into poverty abi??

Smh... Grow up.! Truth is ur a kid and ur not ready to be a man. If u were u would have married a wife and not get a girl u haven't seen the family preg and be forming boss... Now ur have started destroying her womb
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Werehkpe: 4:42am On Jul 29, 2018
Simple

MARRY HER!
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by hope4nigeria(m): 4:50am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

My family isn't the issue.. The won't have choice than to accept my decision after the insults.. She's hellbent on abortion, and I am not comfortable with that.. Too risky for me,..convincing her is the issue here then the best way to bring myself to her family. The pregnancy is 4weeks old
don't abort,I repeat don't abort that pregnancy, that baby in is your glory, you've committed no offence, since you're taking responsibility for it, just be a man, talk to her family, they can't do anything than to accept you, but if she abort and things go wrong? You will be tag yahoo plus boy

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by adamsflick(m): 4:54am On Jul 29, 2018
Hey man don't abort, don't commit murder.. You had the fun then bear the responsibility at whatever costs... You might end up killing a Messi or a Ronaldo, a Bill gates or Zuckerberg who knows

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Zsquare: 5:10am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:
Its not yet confirmed but we are suspecting pregnancy. I am 28yrs of age and my girl is 22years. We started dating not too long. We made love sometime last month and she missed her perioed. We used strip and it shows she is pregnant. We will go for a proper test today to confirm. Now here are the issues disturbing me:

A: She wants abortion but I don't want that: she's a student, hence keeping it will be complicated for her.

B: I have been thinking of ways to convince her but she's adamant, abortion is the best for her. Please more ideas for me on how to convince her. And if I successfully convince her to keep the pregnancy, how do we go about this?

D: I am still thinking of how to report myself to her family. I could end up in police station tho. Do I go straight to see her parents (suicidal), do I go tell their pastor so we could find a way to break it to her parents. Do I go tro her parents siblings?

Seems she is not ready to settle down with you right now and if that's the case going to her parents will be difficult.

If all things are equal between you guys then meet her parents and simply ask her hand in marriage and do the wedding within a month and if this seems impossible then tell them she's pregnant. Be a man, accept your responsibilities and face the consequences!
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by akpunda86: 5:22am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

You never seemed my advice when you k peke. It happen u want advice.WELL ITS A JOYOUS THING.PAY HER PRIDE PRICE.NOTING LIKE BEING A YOUNG FATHER.PING ME ON NAMING DAY.22 IS AN UNLUCKY NUMBER DONT GO FOR ABORTION.YOU WILLL END UP IN PRISON FOR MURDER.

INLAW WELCOME.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by poseidon12: 5:42am On Jul 29, 2018
How do you convince her to keep the pregnancy? By marrying her, of course. You should quickly do the right thing by proposing to her and then approaching her family to announce your engagement. I wish you a happy married life.

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Luminee(f): 5:46am On Jul 29, 2018
oolongtea:

look at all the bolded parts. dude, you're being really childish and impractical. the idea of cute fatherhood u have in your head is FAR from the harsh reality of rushing into parenthood especially for a guy as naive and short-sighted as u are. be a man and make the necessary tough choice. the girl is right, find a hospital and get the abortion pills. she swallows and this madness is over.

from the part in italics, it's obvious you're a story teller, the ones that are drawn to drama. this will overwhelm u eventually, fantasy is a liar, the attention u crave will come and u wont like it. dont fvck up you life and dont fvck up a young girl's life with your weakness of mind. encourage her to get the abortion and for god's sake ALWAYS use a condom!!!

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 29, 2018
What if she takes an abortion against all odds and she dies won't that be a more terrible situation than the present. The girl is naive and I won't like to speak out her inner motives or thoughts but my nigga, convince her to let family be involved if she refuses involve her family and present the case to the as humanely as possible and let them know u are ready to be a parent as strongly as possible, that's a big advantage.

I must say ur gf is not too much of a good idea especially when she's craving for abortion but u have no choice. Long story short refuse abortion and involve her family especially whether she likes it or not,because in this case there's bigger potential danger ahead

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Talkingboy: 5:51am On Jul 29, 2018
damola1:
God.. smartness..Money .

Happened to me exactly 10years ago at 22years too. Both of us were 22. And had him at 23.

My son is 10 now. Glory to God. The mom wanted same too but na... got her an apartment near school. Driver. Car. Maid.

She came out with 4.2 cpga second best in her dept at Unilag then.

But was very tough cos my business suffered. But eventually came out top.

What you have to realize is .. your child is lifelong.. other stuff like parents talk,,, money issues are temporary... and will fizzle out..

I can’t imagine life without my son. Best decision ever.

You come later marry her ?
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Donbigi2(m): 5:53am On Jul 29, 2018
oolongtea:

boy, how old are u? u have to learn to stop embarrassing yourself.. he should get her mother's number without her consent and talk your quoted trash. "her mother" "my people". once this child is here, mother becomes the girl in question here who does not want this child and father becomes this 28yr old who is obviously unprepared to be a father but is carried away with the wishful euphoria of the idea of having a cute newborn without factoring in cold hard facts into what it takes to bring a child here and how life will NEVER be the same after this and all the risk and all that could go wrong that one has to accept as far as a newborn is concerned.
this "her mother" you're talking of, maybe your nigerian parents traumatized u so u cant understand the concept of adult independence but everybody lives it. this girl's life will not revolve around her mother's sentiments and the responsibility this dude is foolishly jumping into without properly weighing will not be eased by her mother's moans and sighs in future. and the level of disrespect for this girl to suggest he should contact her mother without her consent. u obviously dont respect women and u are not very bright. if u were, u would weigh in the tremendous responsibility of parenthood and realize that if something this serious is attempted to be done by cutting corners with the number 1 person involved, then it wont end well for anyone and it's a sign to abort mission. it's like russia planning a war that vladmir putin knows nothing about, it will backfire. stop underestimating the importance of what this girl chooses to do about this.

u know what life is like for the average nigerian. imagine that life with a mother who hates u from her whole heart. u ppl have to be careful the advices u give and the spiritual consequences it will have in the long run. bringing innocent souls here that will curse the ones who brought them into such an unfair circumstance and u'll be somewhere saying but your hands are clean while life fvcks u shege. u'd probably pee yourself in joy if given a south african visa just so u can escape nigeria yet here u are suggesting an unstable 28 yr old boy should usher in a baby into a hard life with a 22 yr old girl he's dated for a very short time who absolutely does not want the pregnancy.
i am yet to see one of the keep-the-baby crusaders ask this boy what he does, how much he earns, what his living condition is like, the distance b/w him and the gf, what his realistic plans are for this child, if he plans to marry the mother, if the mother wants to marry him, if he does not plan to marry the mother.. who does he think will, if he loves the child so much why is he ok with the possibility of another man raising him if the mother marries someone else, what are their genotypes, has it ever crossed his mind the child could be born disabled, does he have a child-friendly environment to raise a child in the current nigerian climate(corruption, sexual abuse, kidnaps)

just goat-ish sentimental advices of keep it that wont matter in the long run and will keep everyone miserable and always hoping. the way u think is not what works and the ones who built countries that u would love to go to wouldnt have such great countries if they refuse to apply logic like u. why didnt u suggest he transfer the pregnancy to the girl's mother so he can kuku leave the girl out of the whole thing since u're already suggesting he leave her out of it when she can literally not be left out of it except she gets an abortion. mtchew

Best piece I’ve read so far

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by sunday0707(m): 5:55am On Jul 29, 2018
Zoharariel:
Do not allow her abort the pregnancy. Get her mother's phone number without her consent and text her the following:

"Dear Mrs. so so & so,

Blessings of the kingdom to you & your family in Jesus name. In this end times, all have sinned & have come short of the glory of God.

Your beautiful & virtuous daughter (insert her name here e.g Ada) is pregnant and contemplating abortion.

The bible warns us against abortion in Psalm 127: 3 - "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring - a reward from him"

I am ready to take full responsibility. May Jehovah Selichot - "God of Forgiveness" forgive us our sins - Amen!"

Now, after sending her this sms, switch off your phone for 3days and inform one of your Uncles about this incident.

You can never go to jail because of this. Ari iru eleyi ri, a fi n deru ba oloro nii. grin
your sense of humor is second to none. You made me smile with this, good morning to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by atobs4real(m): 6:02am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

A whole for weeks. Well, I will want you to involve some one she look up to andi believe things will work out fine.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by capitalzero: 6:07am On Jul 29, 2018
abortion is illegal in Nigeria
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

my dear, the baby isn't only hers. No need convincing her again.she might go and take expired drugs from friends now and kobalise you. Just report yourself to your parents or an elderly in your family and they will help you report both of you to her parents.
Having a baby is hard work but it is a better option. Abortion isn't cool
You are on the right track

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Went Out Behind My Back. / Lady Calls Out Her Husband, Pius Angbo, A Staff Of Channels TV, For Beating Her / Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.