Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? (4781 Views)

How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC / How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? / How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Ceekay(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nairalanders please help me. .
I intend studying ccna and have been going about looking for a good place to learn
The problem is that apart from the varying cost of learning, the duration also varies and this confuses me
Some places say one month, others say two, some say three. .
In fact one (Afrihub) said six months i had to run away cos i dont have that much time on my hands
Please educate me
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by afrobaby(f): 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2010
It depends on the period u want to do it, most weekdays programe for ccna will last for like 2 months or even a month, but if its weekend, it cud last longer than that
I have been doing mine for like two months now cos it's weekend programme
The most important thing is the efficiency of their training , not the period.
U may go for the 1 month and they will just do everything as if it's a theory class, just get a good training centre and u will enjoy it
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Ceekay(m): 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
@AFrobaby thanks
When you say weekend programme you mean saturdays and sundays?
And also you say you've been d at it for two months, so how much longer do you have
And lastly and most importantly, when did you start the practical aspect of the ccna
Thanks
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by afrobaby(f): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
I mean just saturdays, and it's not all saturdays cos at times I may be very busy, so I dont go on some saturdays, recently, I realised it was taking too long, so I had to include some weekdays, though not frequent, like tuesday, thursdays anjd fridays , after I close from work for like 2 hrs,

I have less than a month to finish up, I will start security today, so I have like 5 chapters/major topics to cover up
Bsed on the book we are using, I started practicals( Cisco IOS) in chapter 4, that is when we actually connected to the router and saw router, and started router configuration.
Though, some minor practicals were done before then, they were mainly for making network cables, real CCNA practical started in chapter 4
Take care
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Ceekay(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
Thanks. . .Thanks. . .Thanks!
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by afrobaby(f): 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
U are highly welcome
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Destinyrap: 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
I am a student of the programme.If you are fast,dilligent and you have your own personal computer you can finish the four discoveries ie ccna 1,2,3,4 in four months.Thanks
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by CarlosVent(m): 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2010
hmmm 6monts is good bt if u rush it u might not get d whole details well.
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Vanpee(m): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2010
This post is very informative. Thanks everybody that has contributed and more thanks to Ceekay. I intend to start though only for weekends. I won't mind including sundays but I stay in Surulere. Can you suggest a good training center in or around Surulere that is afordable as well?
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by slap1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2010
Pls what is CCNA all about? I plan to do a computer course after graduation but I don't know which to do.
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by gregejige: 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
^^^

My Advice

Dont just jump into CCNA - You need to know about computers and basic networking essentials.
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by shezy(f): 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
go for training at switchlink technology
114 ogunlana drive surulere

the normal price is 20,000 but for this month they are on promo so the price is 15,000
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by lovelybobo: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
A lot of things affect the duration, 1- the kind of materials for the training. 2- the seriousness of the students, 3- how experienced the trainer is.

i took 6 months to study ccna on my own in 2005 and today i train students for 40 to 50 hours spread across 2 - 6weeks.

using cisco academy  materials.

the truth is that you have a lot of work to do considering the fact that you are learning new terms and terminologies depending on your background.
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by shezy(f): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2010
slap1:

Pls what is CCNA all about? I plan to do a computer course after graduation but I don't know which to do.

at siwtchlink they would advice you to start with A+ which is the hardware part or network+(n+)which is the fundamental aspect of networking before moving to ccna but if you insist with ccna for a start they wouldn't force you
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Blueray: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
Hi Nairalanders,

Please where can I register for this course in Enugu?

Thanks
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by wazobiang: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2010
why bother? just drink coke and feel cool.
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Vanpee(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
shezy:

go for training at switchlink technology
114 ogunlana drive surulere

the normal price is 20,000 but for this month they are on promo so the price is 15,000

U 2 much. I will make d enquiries 2moro probably start by July. All d best
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by slap1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
shezy:

at siwtchlink they would advice you to start with A+ which is the hardware part or network+(n+)which is the fundamental aspect of networking before moving to ccna but if you insist with ccna for a start they wouldn't force you
Don't even know what the CCNA stuff's all about so I'd prolly go with professional advice.
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Eldrezy(m): 8:59am On Jun 18, 2010
I did ccna at NIIT,MINIMUM OF 6MONTH,WITH ACCESS 2 ROUTER,SWITCH,PATCHPANEL,INTERNET AND MORE,
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by binhozie(m): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2010
Eldrezy:

I did ccna at NIIT,MINIMUM OF 6MONTH,WITH ACCESS 2 ROUTER,SWITCH,PATCHPANEL,INTERNET AND MORE,

NIIT is bullshit. . .thieves
you didnt tell us how much you paid, ? tongue angry
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by MardiGras: 10:23am On Jun 18, 2010
Destinyrap:

I am a student of the programme.If you are fast,dilligent and you have your own personal computer you can finish the four discoveries ie ccna 1,2,3,4 in four months.Thanks

NA wa oooh!
Which one be the four discoveries now?
Chai, they didnt give me anything like four discoveries o
Just a spiral binded manual with chapters
Abeg explain further sad sad
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by onlysose(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2010
CCNA training in india is only one week because of the sophistication of their educational system, as they a familier with a lot of networking concept at secondary school level. But is Nigeria 4 months is okay for CCNA training. I did mine in a registered university cisco academy and spent 9 months , the curriculum is very challenging. but pracitce is the in thing , get a used cisco router 9- 15 k in computer village or a simulator and keep breaking your head on the command line.

visit www.easyebookz.org to get ebooks that will give you better guidance
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by rashy(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2010
hi poster, i had mine for 6 saturdays i.e 6days. I had my exam in April and I passed it. It al depends on the way u study!

Suxes wishes.
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Chuks84(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
You don't have to register with any institute, download ccna books online, they are every where, spend at least a month or two, reading and solving test questions, you'll pass it. thats what my sis did and she had 96%
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by MardiGras: 8:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
onlysose:

CCNA training in india is only one week because of the sophistication of their educational system, as they a familier with a lot of networking concept at secondary school level. But is Nigeria 4 months is okay for CCNA training. I did mine in a registered university cisco academy and spent 9 months , the curriculum is very challenging. but pracitce is the in thing , get a used cisco router 9- 15 k in computer village or a simulator and keep breaking your head on the command line.

visit www.easyebookz.org to get ebooks that will give you better guidance

Thanks man for this post smiley
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by ops84(m): 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2010
IS IT COMPULSORY TO GET LAPTOP BEFORE GOING FOR CCNA TRAINNING?OR A COMPUTER DESKTOP AT HOME WILL DO IT? pls ur contribution is highly needed.
Re: How Long Should Ccna Lessons Last? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2010
rashy:

hi poster, i had mine for 6 saturdays i.e 6days. I had my exam in April and I passed it. It al depends on the way u study!

Suxes wishes.

Same here, d only big difference is dat i got this CCNA Training Video from CBT Nugget.
It made learning CCNA far much easier for me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

April 2011 Report On Prices Of Internet Access In Nigeria / Mtn Fastlink And Phone Modem Free Unpaid Browsing An Unlimited Download / Downloading Videos On Youtube With IDM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.