Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,406 members, 7,822,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! (3556 Views)

Men & Marriage - How To Pick Your Wife! / Touching & Kissing A White Man Is My Greatest Achievement - 18-Year-Old Girl / Is Having A Big Pénis – An Achievement For A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by oloyede252(m): 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2018
AmazonHippolyta:
It is not any thing sensational why did they not use her educational qualifications instead how many times do you see some media outlets address men like father of 3,2 etc.
Any way the woman nor complain.

Lol..it's sensational and a plus to the agency and the mother of 5 . it's has given her much more publicity her educational qualification won't give her.
most people don't care about educational qualifications in Nigerian politics... reason why you headlines like former governor,ex Senator, fulani herdsmen, Islamic cleric and pastors etc.. those statement provide more audience.
so it's not because of inequality or anything like that.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
oloyede252:

Lol..it's sensational and a plus to the agency and the mother of 5 . it's has given her much more publicity her educational qualification won't give her.
most people don't care about educational qualifications in Nigerian politics... reason why you headlines like former governor,ex Senator, fulani herdsmen, Islamic cleric and pastors etc.. those statement provide more audience.
so it's not because of inequality or anything like that.
Even if I agree with you that it is not about inequality but that is a wrong mindset in my opinion you don't address someone like that and our media houses need to learn to be professional her marital status has nothing to do with her presidential intentions which is purely political so why not look for something like former commissionerpermanent secretary chair person of this and that instead of using that to define her political aim.

It is not a plus but a minus yes you want more readers but be careful how you sell your headlines so as not to mislead people and this woman's case is not the only one you see media outlets bring out screaming headlines that are totally different from what you end up reading in more enlightened societies such acts won't help them.

After adressing her as a mother of five did we then read about her marriage or about her intention to run for the highest office in the land.
Media houses should try to have headlines that go with what you read and not mislead people.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
True talk.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Ibbi039(m): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2018
lilmax:
imagine after reading this topic and you spot her signature saying

"WIFE,nurse,MOTHER grin......

see how she introduced herself grin

are Nigerian women becoming more stupid and hypocritical? a Dr can't say Dr Mrs ,but a dumbass nurse like you can? oh my grin

nairaland becoming a dump for crappy topics like this......

in the end you wonder why those giving the advice are married and those accepting it are miserable

girls be wise,do not force your opinion on others as you should do what you think is right

You are right, 70% of her signature revolves around marriage, it started with WIFE, so i guess she felt inferior when the Dr Mrs introduced her herself as such.

Nairaland sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Arthurwinner(m): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
Amarabae:
which gp?
lol not you tho
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Arthurwinner(m): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
ednut1:
diff pple. Dat one na amaka
lol
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by obongitiad(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
Amarabae:

A feminist to them is that woman that does not lick their azz and kneel down to adore them.
And also accept being an inferior gender grin grin
Welcome back dear

Babe you dey make too much sense oh. Would like to know more about you oh. I like your head.
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by pocohantas(f): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
I think that headline wasn't intended to cause harm.
It is assumed that women have a harder time, combining motherhood and career...hence the tag 'working mum'. Heck! Some women even pride in it. That headline was more of sensational than belittling.

As for the woman that introduced herself as Mrs, that's choice. Marriage is beautiful to the right person,at the right time. If she is so proud of it, why expect her to shrink and trivialise her marital status or the fulfilment she derives from it? She doesn't have to do that to satisfy anyone's insecurity. As long as, she doesn't get in your lane, everyone can coexist peacefully.

I only have a problem with people who shame, bully, stigmatise and pressurise people due to their marital status. Most girls that dive into marriage immediately after school are not so pro-marriage, it is just an easy way out of unemployment and 'brokeness' for them. But since it works for both parties, the man gets a dependent submissive wife and she gets a provider...we can only wish them the best.

Summary of my rant is, everyone is entitled to what they are so proud of. Don't tell me single ladies are frustrated, don't tell me most married women are unhappy. Live and let live.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Amarabae(f): 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2018
pocohantas:
It is assumed that women have a harder time, combining motherhood and career...hence the tag 'working mum'. Heck! Some women even pride in it. That headline was more of sensational than belittling.

As for the woman that introduced herself as Mrs, that's choice. Marriage is beautiful to the right person,at the right time. If she is so proud of it, why expect her to shrink and trivialise her marital status or the fulfilment she derives from it? She doesn't have to do that to satisfy anyone's insecurity. As long as, she doesn't get in your own lane, everyone can coexist peacefully.

I only have a problem with people who shame, bully, stigmatise and pressurise people due to their marital status. Most girls that dive into marriage immediately after school are not so pro-marriage, it is just an easy way out of unemployment and brokeness for them. But since it works for both parties, the man gets a dependent submissive wife ad she gets a provider...we can only wish them the best.

Summary of my rant is, everyone is entitled to what they are so proud of. Don't tell me single ladies are frustrated, don't tell me most married women are unhappy. Live and let live.
God bless you.
Happy weekend
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Jokerman(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
Only failed miserable women will tell you marriage isn't the greatest achievement for a woman....

Well many people know more than God these days anyways....

4 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
pocohantas:

As for the woman that introduced herself as Mrs, that's choice. Marriage is beautiful to the right person,at the right time. If she is so proud of it, why expect her to shrink and trivialise her marital status or the fulfilment she derives from it? She doesn't have to do that to satisfy anyone's insecurity. As long as, she doesn't get in your own lane, everyone can coexist peacefully.

I only have a problem with people who shame, bully, stigmatise and pressurise people due to their marital status. Most girls that dive into marriage immediately after school are not so pro-marriage, it is just an easy way out of unemployment and brokeness for them. But since it works for both parties, the man gets a dependent submissive wife ad she gets a provider...we can only wish them the best.

.. Thank you for this narration. Most ladies are always filled with emotions when judging issues.The caption was never meant to mock her or pull her down,rather its for other women to understand that marriage or having children does not and cannot hinder your aspirations as a woman. Its a pity that Amara who is advicing young ladies to shelve marriage is in her husband house and will fight any other woman who will want to snatch him from her with everything in her,she won't leave the man but she is here deceiving some people. Marriage is not the greatest achievement to some people I agree but does she have to force her opinions about it down to others? To some,its a great achievement. She should also try to understand the implications in written words as an educated person not understanding statements in a lay mans ideology. Gud afternoon.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by BluntBoy(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
Amarabae:

God bless you.
Happy weekend

I hope you learnt from her post? Your post is worthless because it didn't consider choice. You don't have to begrudge a woman for seeing her marriage as her greatest achievement.
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Amarabae(f): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

I hope you learnt from her post? Your post is worthless because it didn't consider choice. You don't have to begrudge a woman for seeing her marriage as her greatest achievement.
Is the thread talking about women who see their marriage as highest achievement or is it talking about shaming single ladies?
At least pls pretend to be intelligent for once
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by lilmax(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ibbi039:

You are right, 70% of her signature revolves around marriage, it started with WIFE, so i guess she felt inferior when the Dr Mrs introduced her herself as such.

Nairaland sha grin
exactly what I said yesterday was "who still takes this people seriously"

I've been in nairaland for long, so I understand when topics are recycled, no be today na grin

seeing the same crap day in day out

you don't see them helping girls, paying their school fees

for instance, IDP camps , you don't see them there, who do you see? the supposed MARRIED(under achieved grin) women there

their crap starts and end on social media grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
lilmax:
exactly what I said yesterday was "who still takes this people seriously"

I've been in nairaland for long, so I understand when topics are recycled, no be today na grin

seeing the same crap day in day out

you don't see them helping girls, paying their school fees

for instance, IDP camps , you don't see them there, who do you see? the supposed MARRIED(under achieved grin) women there

their crap starts and end on social media grin

.. Tell them they re bitter,they will deny it but all their words and actions show nothing but bitterness and hate. I pity the gullible ones that takes them serious.
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by FRANNN: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
Amarabae:
The Nigeria social media was recently rocked by the case of a popular newspaper carrying the headline - A mother of 5 declares for presidency
It reminds me of the chimamanda adichie "rift" with Hillary Clinton for starting her twitter bio with wife, mother.
Though the newspaper have apologized, but the incident keeps refreshing a lot of thoughts in me.
Why should marital status be a criteria to assess a woman's success?
Is marriage the greatest achievement a woman can achieve ?
What has her being a mother of 5 got to do with leadership?
The newspaper editors filled with victims of a patriarchial society felt that the only way she can be accepted by a misogynistic society is for her to sample her marital status and "mother of 5"like a World Cup trophy,
I felt bad reading that headline, inasmuch as I blame the men who love using marital status to assess a lady,
I also blame some ladies who love using marital status to judge themselves and other ladies,
I remember being in a meeting, and I asked those around to introduce themselves so that we can know each other,
8 male doctors there introduce themselves as "Dr (then their names) but the only female doctor in that meeting introduced herself as "DR MRS"
I was like "hush"
Why not just DR like your male colleagues did, why the "MRS" attachment?
I have no problem introducing myself as Mrs or her loving the Mrs title ,
But the DR alone is OK,
Why didn't the men introduce themselves as "DR MR "
Though I don't see the incident as a big deal grin
Why are some ladies behaving like their educational and career achievements are nothing without answering Mrs?
I also remembered asking 4 NYSC girls one thing they will want to achieve in the next five years, to my greatest shock, Three of them replied MARRIAGE.
And what if the marriage doesn't come, what will you do?
They kept quiet!
None of them had a dream of going for Masters degree or getting a job or starting a business ,
I don't blame them sha, they are also products of a fanatical partriachial society,
In their shallow mindset, a woman no matter how educated she is IS a failure if she is not married.
I believe in social media activism,
To any lady reading this,
Marriage is good but not the ultimate achievement, Marriage is also not a criteria to assess your success in life.
Some women are breaking records now in academic fields, in business, in technology, in science,
You got to stand up and focus your attention on improving yourself,
If marriage comes and you are interested, fine you Marry.
But if does not come or you are not interested, hear this from me, you owe no one an explanation.
Go get those masters and PhD baby
Go start that business
Perfect yourself in that skills,
Hustle for those money, be happy sweetheart.
Condoleezza Rice is the first black to be a secretary of state and yet she is not married,
She didn't allow the "miss shaming " to get in her way, she is living her dreams.
Oprah Winfrey is the richest black woman and she is not married,
She is living her dream.
And so on,
Let me rephrase it again, Marriage is good but should not be a criteria in which a woman should be judged with.
Stop cyber bullying single ladies,
Stop the shaming.
Answering MRS is not the greatest achievement for a woman.
Get it into your skull.
NB : stupid mentions and replies will be ignored.
Thank you.
Sound it cool
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by BluntBoy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2018
Amarabae:

Is the thread talking about women who see their marriage as highest achievement or is it talking about shaming single ladies?
At least pls pretend to be intelligent for once

You are confused (not just unintelligent), hence your disjointed post.

Read an excerpt from your own worthless post:

What is your problem if someone sees MRS as her greatest achievement? How is it your business? It is fine if it is not your own greatest achievement but that does not give you the right or authority to belittle or begrudge anyone who sees it differently.

Here is a part of the first excerpt which exposed your intolerance for other people's choices:

Answering MRS is not the greatest achievement for a woman. GET IT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL

Now, call me unintelligent again, I dare you!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by ekanempatrick28(m): 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
Op nice post. Good insight. I agree wit ur point but the thing is its ladies dat push for marriages more. Most men want to b settled before thinking of such but there partners wont agree.. Anyways every body knows wat best for dem and as for d feminist thing. I got no ish wit it or gender equality. A woman should be able to have equal rights in every aspect of life but in marriage d man will remsin d head. Peace
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Amarabae(f): 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

You are confused (not just unintelligent), hence your disjointed post.

Read an excerpt from your own worthless post:

What is your problem if someone sees MRS as her greatest achievement? How is it your business? It is fine if it is not your own greatest achievement but that does not give you the right or authority to belittle or begrudge anyone who sees it differently.

Here is a part of the first excerpt which exposed your intolerance for other people's choices:

Answering MRS is not the greatest achievement for a woman. GET IT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL

Now, call me unintelligent again, I dare you!!!
I was talking to those who shame single ladies that answering MRS is not the ultimate achievement for a woman and also to single ladies who are feeling bad about themselves due to the shaming.
Go through the thread and read slowly.
It's like some of you trolls self-service off at my threads upon sighting it.
fix yourself and don't expect another reply from me.
Have a nice day .
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
Everybody have their definition of success and to each his/her priority.

Some ladies (actually most) desire a man to be considered successful irrespective of other professional or life achievement.

Is it not funny that you, Amarabee, the author of this thread is married?

Funny enough, you pride yourself as "Wife" in your first introduction of yourself before anything else (check your signature). What makes you different from the Dr (Mrs) Medical doctors?

I put it to you that you are misguided, confused and you don't know your ideology.

I wonder your reason for these misguided topics (not that it concerns me anyway). I doubt you would take this path if you are really happy in your marriage, I doubt.

God save the young ladies that will fall to the scams of deluded group of people that called themselves feminists.

That said, you are still my sister tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Amarabae(f): 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Some ladies (actually most) desire a man to be considered successful irrespective of other professional or life achievement.

Funny enough, you pride yourself as "Wife" in your first introduction of yourself before anything else (check your signature). What makes you different from the Dr (Mrs) Medical doctors?

I put it to you that you are misguided, confused and you don't know your ideology.

I wonder your reason for these misguided topics (not that it concerns me anyway). I doubt you would take this path if you are really happy in your marriage, I doubt.

God save the young ladies that will fall to the scams of deluded group of people that called themselves feminists.

Did you really take time to go through the thread or did you just read the "click bait headline" and then zoom in to write this comment
Well let me give you a brief summary .
This thread focuses mainly on the shaming of single ladies due to marital status.
Focus on it and leave the DR Mrs part.(in fact let me remove it because you guys are obsessed with that part cheesy)
I chipped in that just to give an example .
Finally having a diverse opinion and postulation towards a concept does not translate to being confused

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Cuteamigo1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
pocohantas:

an admixture of intelligence and analytics. thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by wristbangle: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
Edited: Read the write up and you are right to an extent. No matter how it may sound, marriage remains a huge successful ultimatum for ladies. If you don't know. Ask those single female bankers from age bracket 35 years and above.
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by wristbangle: 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2018
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2018
Amarabae:

Did you really take time to go through the thread or did you just read the "click bait headline" and then zoom in to write this comment
Well let me give you a brief summary .
This thread focuses mainly on the shaming of single ladies due to marital status.
Focus on it and leave the DR Mrs part.(in fact let me remove it because you guys are obsessed with that part cheesy)
I chipped in that just to give an example .
Finally having a diverse opinion and postulation towards a concept does not translate to being confused
I am not aware that anybody is shaming anybody because of marriage except you want to count taunting as shaming.

Well the truth is, people get taunted for one thing or the other. Some get taunted for being poor, some for being short, some for being fat/obese, some are shamed for their looks, some for the poor diction, some for the size of their sexual organ, some marital status etc.

As long as we breath and live, taunting will NEVER vanish away. If a lady of advanced age is unmarried and she is taunted by her condition, she has the option of focusing on things that makes her happy while ignoring the taunts. Whether her unmarried state is as a result of some lifestyle or personal decision, it is irrelevant.

But a fact remains that marriage is a priority and achievement for most women. Whether it is the only priority or not is another topic entirely.

Once again, Naija feminists (including Chamamanda) are misguided people that doesn't really understand what they stand for.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by pocohantas(f): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Thank you for this narration. Most ladies are always filled with emotions when judging issues.The caption was never meant to mock her or pull her down,rather its for other women to understand that marriage or having children does not and cannot hinder your aspirations as a woman. Its a pity that Amara who is advicing young ladies to shelve marriage is in her husband house and will fight any other woman who will want to snatch him from her with everything in her,she won't leave the man but she is here deceiving some people. Marriage is not the greatest achievement to some people I agree but does she have to force her opinions about it down to others? To some,its a great achievement. She should also try to understand the implications in written words as an educated person not understanding statements in a lay mans ideology. Gud afternoon.

LOL, if we will be sincere with ourselves, both sides addressed that issue with sentiments. The guys were out to deride, the ladies were defensive. No one reaches a reasonable conclusion that way. I opened that thread, read few comments and exited. Even as I open this one, e get monikers I for see...I will know no logical sense will be made here.

This isn't about Amara, if you read till the end, you will see she said marriage is good, but it shouldn't be a sole ultimate. I find it surprising that same guys who complain that Nigerian women use marriage for poverty alleviation, still attack people like Amara when she implores women to have a hustle.

Good afternoon, Oga Johnny grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by BluntBoy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
Amarabae:

I was talking to those who shame single ladies that answering MRS is not the ultimate achievement for a woman and also to single ladies who are feeling bad about themselves due to the shaming.
Go through the thread and read slowly.
It's like some of you trolls self-service off at my threads upon sighting it.
fix yourself and don't expect another reply from me.
Have a nice day .

Stop being foolish and learn. You can't afford to be arrogant when you are not very bright.

If you want to advise, you should have written: Not every woman sees MRS as the greatest achievement of a woman

Instead, you wrote: Answering MRS is not the greatest achievement for a woman.

If someone looks down on single ladies, I wouldn't belittle their love for the MRS title by saying Answering MRS is not the greatest achievement for a woman. instead, I will tell them not every woman thinks the MRS is such a great achievement

I hope you can understand my point and ameliorate your disjointed post.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by makydebbie(f): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2018

I also blame some ladies who love using marital status to judge themselves and other ladies,

Coming from someone who insulted Bliss and Colourish that they're single.

Hypocritical mummy savior.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Lalas247(f): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
makydebbie:

Coming from someone who insulted Bliss and Colourish that they're single.

Hypocritical mummy savior.
and me o

grin
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by makydebbie(f): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Loool. Imagine the irony.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by makydebbie(f): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2018
Lalas247:

and me o

grin
Ah, you too? shocked

But she's here preaching another thing. grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Lalas247(f): 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
makydebbie:
Ah, you too? shocked

But she's here preaching another thing. grin
lol me too I was shocked that day...
just here to read today's sermon ....

lovely pic , your eyes eh chai kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Man Has Four Knees” – See Photo Of This Tall Man That Got People Talking / Threesóme Tomorrow Part 2 — To Be Deleted Soon. [Picture] / Help! I Can't Trust Any Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.