Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! (3557 Views)

Men & Marriage - How To Pick Your Wife! / Touching & Kissing A White Man Is My Greatest Achievement - 18-Year-Old Girl / Is Having A Big Pénis – An Achievement For A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by makydebbie(f): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
Lalas247:

lol me too I was shocked that day...
just here to read today's sermon ....

lovely pic , your eyes eh chai kiss
Lol, na her way. Says A today and Z tomorrow.

Thanks dear. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by babasolution: 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2018
if women dnt want to marry they shouldnt nobody is forcing it on them,they should go and conquer the world for all i care.PLS men lets forget about these stupid women issues and focus on being a real succesful man,forget about bitches they are so useless to men now,just Bleep their asses and go,let them be feminist if they like,leave them to their issues,they are just deliberately trying to demoralize and bash men on everything,men should stop being concerned about these fucking women issues
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2018
lilmax:
imagine after reading this topic and you spot her signature saying

"WIFE,nurse,MOTHER grin......

see how she introduced herself grin

are Nigerian women becoming more stupid and hypocritical? a Dr can't say Dr Mrs ,but a dumbass nurse like you can? oh my grin

nairaland becoming a dump for crappy topics like this......

in the end you wonder why those giving the advice are married and those accepting it are miserable

girls be wise,do not force your opinion on others as you should do what you think is right

WHEN EDUCATION IS ALL ABOUT HOW TO READ AND WRITE MINUS HOW TO 'THINK' AND 'PROPERLY' SUCH CONFUSED MENTALITY BECOMES THE PRODUCT OF THE DUMBSIFICATION SYSTEM THE MORDERN WORLD PRIDES AS EDUCATION. MINDS WANDERING TO AND FRO CONFUSE.

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by MahatmaGhandi: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2018
Let her pursue and try to attain her greatest dreams then. While at it she should spare her friends and family the "I am depressed because I don't have a partner I can call mine" story. No nobody should eat their cake and still have it. The human society has been in existence for ages and took its present structure for very good reasons. We know the end of all this new age philosophies and like elder, we will just sit and wait for the child to come back after attempting to re-event the wheel.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Hardlife: 10:02am On Jul 29, 2018
. . . No point.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2018
bitter women everywhere. give them sweet oranges and they will still complain its bitter. goan kill yourself because i dint see the woman in question complaining.
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by babakb: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
This is what they always say in public but they are dying inside, any lady above 25 seriously needs marriage right now whether employed or not, I know alot of them in Abuja, and is not due to societal pressure or cyber bullying as we are made to believe, reasons are?

Most of them can't zip up
yes, most of them need regular sex and these days it's hard to maintain relationships for long, they are tired of changing men hence they see marriage as the only way to get regular sex.

Most of them need a man physical protection
I don't need to talk much here, in this era of fraudsters, ritualists, theives is not easy for a financially stable women to live by herself.

Competition
People celebrate weddings but don't celebrate degrees, when some single ladies attend elaborate weddings of their peers or younger ones, even if she is a professor she would wish to have such experience.

The father figure
Some are single mothers who need a man that can stand as a father to her child or children.

Poverty
Some can never hustle to pay their bills, some can't stand the heat on the streets, they need an alpha male to take care of them.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by monex(m): 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Amarabae:
The Nigeria social media was recently rocked by the case of a popular newspaper carrying the headline - A mother of 5 declares for presidency
It reminds me of the chimamanda adichie "rift" with Hillary Clinton for starting her twitter bio with wife, mother.
Though the newspaper have apologized, but the incident keeps refreshing a lot of thoughts in me.
Why should marital status be a criteria to assess a woman's success?
Is marriage the greatest achievement a woman can achieve ?
What has her being a mother of 5 got to do with leadership?
The newspaper editors filled with victims of a patriarchial society felt that the only way she can be accepted by a misogynistic society is for her to sample her marital status and "mother of 5"like a World Cup trophy,
I felt bad reading that headline, inasmuch as I blame the men who love using marital status to assess a lady,
I also blame some ladies who love using marital status to judge themselves and other ladies,
I also remembered asking 4 NYSC girls one thing they will want to achieve in the next five years, to my greatest shock, Three of them replied MARRIAGE.
And what if the marriage doesn't come, what will you do?
They kept quiet!
None of them had a dream of going for Masters degree or getting a job or starting a business ,
I don't blame them sha, they are also products of a fanatical partriachial society,
In their shallow mindset, a woman no matter how educated she is IS a failure if she is not married.
I believe in social media activism,
To any lady reading this,
Marriage is good but not the ultimate achievement, Marriage is also not a criteria to assess your success in life.
Some women are breaking records now in academic fields, in business, in technology, in science,
You got to stand up and focus your attention on improving yourself,
If marriage comes and you are interested, fine you Marry.
But if does not come or you are not interested, hear this from me, you owe no one an explanation.
Go get those masters and PhD baby
Go start that business
Perfect yourself in that skills,
Hustle for those money, be happy sweetheart.
Condoleezza Rice is the first black to be a secretary of state and yet she is not married,
She didn't allow the "miss shaming " to get in her way, she is living her dreams.
Oprah Winfrey is the richest black woman and she is not married,
She is living her dream.
And so on,
Let me rephrase it again, Marriage is good but should not be a criteria in which a woman should be judged with.
Stop cyber bullying single ladies,
Stop the shaming.
Answering MRS is not the greatest achievement for a woman.
Get it into your skull.
NB : stupid mentions and replies will be ignored.
Thank you.

I am assuming that this post was directed to those who single-shame others (both genders).

Beacuse it is not your place to tell a grown adult what her priority should be. if the NYSC ladies believe that marriage should be their priority then let them be. I understand Feminism is about the woman's right to choose shey? Respect her choice
Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by Amarabae(f): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
monex:

I am assuming that this post was directed to those who single-shame others (both genders).

Beacuse it is not your place to tell a grown adult what her priority should be. if the NYSC ladies believe that marriage should be their priority then let them be. I understand Feminism is about the woman's right to choose shey? Respect her choice

Re: Dear Men, Marriage Is Not The Greatest Achievement For A Woman! by monex(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
Caseless:
grin

amarabae, have you left your husband before coming to deceive other girls here?

That Marriage was important to her does not mean it should be a priority to other ladies.

Kindly respect peoples choices

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Just Broke Up - Aussieplayboy / Woman Bought Her Man A S3x Doll Due To High Libido / Nigerian Woman Laments Online, Leaks Whatsapp Dms Her Bestie Sent Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.