Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,498 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back (3949 Views)

Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. / The Silent Pain Of The Husband / The Challenges Of Loving And Marrying A Physically Challenged Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
There's nothing wrong with the marriage.. Just minor misunderstanding

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get my point. I never said anything is wrong with the marriage. Besides, every marriage needs God's help.
@bolded From my experience while I was still with my parents.. when there is a little misunderstanding between them the next thing you hear from both of them at different instances is "If not because of my children...."

That's what I'm driving at.

Peace ✌✌✌

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Oyindidi(f): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

Hahaha...

Yea...that's right.
I always try my best to make a lady happy but if making her happy will make me unhappy, I stop abruptly even without her notice, after all I owe her no explanation.

But...
I'm an only son, born to an only son. You know what that means.

I believe maybe before now, you had sometimes wished someone had fallen deeply in love with you, right??
Yes, sadly I didn't reciprocate
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by zicoraads: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
I dey cry sef, men are very annoying
Oh...

I really don't even know what to say right now. Just...take heart. Cry and wipe your tears. Then think of your son and be strong for him. It'll turn out well. It always does. kiss
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Oyindidi(f): 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
OrestesDante:

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get my point. I never said anything is wrong with the marriage. Besides, every marriage needs God's help.
@bolded From my experience while I was still with my parents.. when there is a little misunderstanding between them the next thing you hear from both of them at different instances is "If not because of my children...."

That's what I'm driving at.

Peace ✌✌✌

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

in my case I said I need sanity cos of my songrin. Edit the post you first quoted.
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
in my case I said I need sanity cos of my songrin. Edit the post you first quoted.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's alright.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Oyindidi(f): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
zicoraads:

Oh...

I really don't even know what to say right now. Just...take heart. Cry and wipe your tears. Then think of your son and be strong for him. It'll turn out well. It always does. kiss
I'm good now.. Its annoying but watin man pikin go do
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by zicoraads: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
I'm good now.. Its annoying but watin man pikin go do
Toh.

Oya go that food thread go see plenty foods. tongue
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Oyindidi(f): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
zicoraads:

Toh.

Oya go that food thread go see plenty foods. tongue
Na food bring wahala, I no fit visit food thread grin
I'm okay now
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by vladhillz(m): 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

cheesy

Seriously it is complicated.
Such that I doubt I can love.
Sometimes, you admire someone, you wish you can go beyond mere admiration into loving but it just wouldn't play out. When you pretend to love, you realize you are simply deceiving the person and yourself because the true feeling is never there.
You think you love someone but you at the same time still detest seeing that person with no just cause.
And many times the person is always hurting and you wish you can do something about it to appease and prove you love the person but you realize you don't just have it... it is never in you.
You are emotionless in that regard. Maybe you don't even know what love is. Or maybe you are not supposed to love. Or maybe love is meant for some specific group of people.
I'm even confused explaining myself...how I really feel. I don't just have it.

Hmmm...
It is very complicated.
dude..i owe you alot of Budweiser drinks..been looking for d right way to explain how I feel for long,and when I think of the answer you just gave,I lie to myself that it's not possible for someone to b dx way.you clearly explained it..damn..your good..i guess staying cold for so long had it's effect.
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
vladhillz:
dude..i owe you alot of Budweiser drinks..been looking for d right way to explain how I feel for long,and when I think of the answer you just gave,I lie to myself that it's not possible for someone to b dx way.you clearly explained it..damn..your good..i guess staying cold for so long had it's effect.

My brother, I don't know if it has to do with my date of birth o. cheesy
I even went scanning through that thread about people's dates of birth just to see if I'll come across someone with mine so I could ask series of question bothering me, but I found none cheesy

People create threads about their relationships and sometimes I wonder if they are drunk or under some spell going through what they go through in the name of love
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
Yes, sadly I didn't reciprocate
Hmmm but whichever way, life goes on.
I appreciate your attention, don't know when next we will chat again.
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Oyindidi(f): 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

Hmmm but whichever way, life goes on.

I appreciate your attention, don't know when next we will chat again.
Mention me when you want my contribution in any topic.

The cold in Port Harcourt is something else. I'm freezinggrin
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
I realized there's nothing as important as self love.. I expect nothing from my man. If he loves me fine but if he doesn't I still don't care. I don't expect anything from anyone. That's how I keep my mind sane, people shout love without practicing it. Keep your love, all I want is understanding tolerance and respect.

@ topic, move on if you're not loved.

Self love is the best realistically.
Understanding, tolerance and respect will greatly playoff and I'll opt out for it too...

...in marriage cheesy
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
Mention me when you want my contribution in any topic.

The cold in Port Harcourt is something else. I'm freezinggrin
Off course.

Get under a blanket cheesy
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Oyindidi(f): 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

Self love is the best realistically.
Understanding, tolerance and respect will greatly playoff and I'll opt out for it too...

...in marriage cheesy
I mentioned you on nwa's thread grin
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Oyindidi(f): 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

Off course.

Get under a blanket cheesy
Funny thing is, its not raining. The cold reach your part of phgrin Town too cold this period
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Kampack: 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

I even went scanning through that thread about people's dates of birth just to see if I'll come across someone with mine so I could ask series of question bothering me, but I found none cheesy

People create threads about their relationships and sometimes I wonder if they are drunk or under some spell going through what they go through in the name of love

you either Feb or may(the emotionless people). More possibly the former. Am I right?
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by vladhillz(m): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

hahahahhaahha..yeah..like you see guys crying and committing suicide for love like damn..how d fu*k did dey love to dt extent of making that cold decision,,like who does that..i just don't think it has anything to do with date,,don't really believe in those zodiac shit.maybe we stayed cold for just too long,forgot how to feel..like when you lock a door and ditch the key,,and when you want to unlock it,,you get lucky enough to find the key,,but the door just won't open..i went cold after series of unloyal acts from a girl I kinda liked,,the whole dating other guys for the money,and dating me for the love,but I just don't like sharing,,so had to go cold,and set life straight so that the next girl won't have a reason to hand another guy her body or heart or whatever,,I really take loyalty seriously..so now,things are great,not extremely rich yet and so far from how broke I was,,and I once again tried to get into a relationship,but damn,she was great girl,my type,,but I just couldn't love again..like really feel again,couldn't..
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kampack:

you either Feb or may(the emotionless people). More possibly the former. Am I right?

Damn!!

16, Feb.

But I never believed in that horoscope shit cheesy
How about you ??
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
vladhillz:
hahahahhaahha..yeah..like you see guys crying and committing suicide for love like damn..how d fu*k did dey love to dt extent of making that cold decision,,like who does that..i just don't think it has anything to do with date,,don't really believe in those zodiac shit.maybe we stayed cold for just too long,forgot how to feel..like when you lock a door and ditch the key,,and when you want to unlock it,,you get lucky enough to find the key,,but the door just won't open..

A guy above just mentioned my month of birth. But it doesn't end there. I still don't believe him. Got my reasons.
Although my little cousin born same month behaves a little similar. cheesy
I watch and realize I behaved similar at his age
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by vladhillz(m): 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

A guy above just mentioned my month of birth. But it doesn't end there. I still don't believe him. Got my reasons.
Although my little cousin born same month behaves a little similar. cheesy
I watch and realize I behaved similar at his age
still don't believe d date stuff..but,,we are going to be just fine
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
vladhillz:
still don't believe d date stuff..but,,we are going to be just fine

Does it mean you are of same month too ??
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Kampack: 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

Damn!!

16, Feb.

But I never believed in that horoscope shit cheesy
How about you ??

bro, I just proved it works. I knew you must fall into the first two weeks in February. Same as my younger brother. All you just wrote up there is more like his verbatim routine comments and he is an Aquarius of early february. He has all it takes for a young man to settle down at the moment but these confusion and emtionless nature of an Aquarius isn't helping matters so he's undecided about settling down despite being overripe for marriage.

I never believed the horoscope thing, but my scientific mind pushed me into exploring more fine details of human behaviour and psychology, I started putting it to test to validate the zodiac claims..and I can confidently tell you they are more often VERY CORRECT. My guesses are usually correct 9 times out of ten. I only miss it by few weeks when I rarely miss. I met a couple yesterday, and from observing them just 5mins, we got chatting and I correctly told them their birth months using this horoscopy thing. It works but you must be a good observer or a good listener of how people describe themselves. in your short but comprehensive write up, I just knew you were in the first two weeks of Feb!
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by vladhillz(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

Does it mean you are of same month too ??
no..mine is april
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
vladhillz:
no..mine is april
You would have given me one more reason to believe them, if you were.
Now, it is another major point for me to devalue their postulates. We are indeed okay the way we are.
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kampack:

bro, I just proved it works. I knew you must fall into the first two weeks in February. Same as my younger brother. All you just wrote up there is more like his verbatim routine comments and he is an Aquarius of early february. He has all it takes for a young man to settle down at the moment but these confusion and emtionless nature of an Aquarius isn't helping matters so he's undecided about settling down despite being overripe for marriage.

I never believed the horoscope thing, but my scientific mind pushed me into exploring more fine details of human behaviour and psychology, I started putting it to test to validate the zodiac claims..and I can confidently tell you they are more often VERY CORRECT. My guesses are usually correct 9 times out of ten. I only miss it by few weeks when I rarely miss. I met a couple yesterday, and from observing them just 5mins, we got chatting and I correctly told them their birth months using this horoscopy thing. It works but you must be a good observer or a good listener of how people describe themselves. in your short but comprehensive write up, I just knew you were in the first two weeks of Feb!

Thanks for the insight.

But,
(1) They are more often correct, according to you. This therefore is a major setback and proves that it is rooted solely in predictions.

(2) My good friend up there attests to exhibiting the same characteristics of mine, regarding life in general but he is of April born, two months below. Now this is another setback.

The two above inadvertently substantiates the fact that the veracity of these Zodiacal assertions is a function of psychological manipulation to a great extent.
In psychology, when you randomly tell a person 3 emotional traits that may be associated with a particular illness, and the person, believes you, even when they are false, that person will be forced to unconsciously ascribe many abnormal happenings in his body to be an evidence of parts of those traits you mentioned and because he believes, they work for him.

The same is applicable to the horoscopic controversy. You tell someone a trait that maybe common in a minor group of people of the same month, the person even when he was not used to noticing it, will suddenly start noticing it because he allowed what you said to psyche him, oblivious of the chance that this same trait might be obvious and dormant in some other person of another month.

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by vladhillz(m): 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

Thanks for the insight.

But,
(1) They are more often correct, according to you. This therefore is a major setback and proves that it is rooted solely in predictions.

(2) My good friend up there attests to exhibiting the same characteristics of mine, regarding life in general but he is of April born, two months below. Now this is another setback.

The two above inadvertently substantiates the fact that the veracity of these Zodiacal assertions is a function of psychological manipulation to a great extent.
In psychology, when you tell a randomly tell a person 3 emotional traits that may be associated with with a particular illness, and the person, believes you, even when they are false, that person will be forced to unconsciously ascribe many abnormal happenings in his body to be an evidence of parts of those traits you mentioned and because he believes, they work for him.

The same is applicable to the horoscopic controversy. You tell someone a trait that maybe common in a minor group of people of the same month, the person even when he was not used to noticing it, will suddenly start noticing it because he allowed what you said to psyche him not oblivious of the chance that this same trait might be obvious and dormant in some other person of another month.

guy..where have you been..damn..your too good with explanation..you always hit it right,,just realistic,,
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
vladhillz:
guy..where have you been..damn..your too good with explanation..you always hit it right,,just realistic,,

My bro, I'm always realistic o.
That's how I stay happy and feel in control of my life.
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Kampack: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

Thanks for the insight.

But,

In psychology, when you tell a randomly tell a person 3 emotional traits that may be associated with with a particular illness, and the person, believes you, even when they are false, that person will be forced to unconsciously ascribe many abnormal happenings in his body to be an evidence of parts of those traits you mentioned and because he believes, they work for him.

The same is applicable to the horoscopic controversy. You tell someone a trait that maybe common in a minor group of people of the same month, the person even when he was not used to noticing it, will suddenly start noticing it because he allowed what you said to psyche him not oblivious of the chance that this same trait might be obvious and dormant in some other person of another month.

I will try make my answers short as Im typing from my phone and drowsy smiley

1. No scientific conclusion from analysed data randimly sampled can claim to be 100% correct and no piece of research whether tangible or abstract can be 100% correct. The efficiency of a machine (irrespective of the machine) is never 100% -rule of thumb in sciences. So, what researchers watch out for is the level of significance, p-values and confidence intervals. The more reason I said "more often than not". Also, note that I said 9/10 which statistically translates to 90%. You will agree with me that 90% isnt a bad score. I will suggest you do more research into it. No knowledge is lost. I personally enjoy research and its what I do professionally. Sometimes test claims! if zodiac was a bogus claim, I will tell you outrightly...afterall thay aint paying me.

2, your friend you cited only share some common traits. Some characters have overlapping behaviours but you could sort them by asking several other questions about behaviour and temprament. From the little I gathered, he is impatient...and combining that attribute with his perception on relatioships, he definitely fits into the April group. He was too hasty to have let the cat out of the bag. I expected him to challenge me to predict his if I could rightly predict yours as a proof of the concept. However, his typical impatient nature got the better of the Aries man.
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Uglymugg: 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
Very complicated, when I was younger I love those who don't care about me and those who truly love and take a bullet for me are the ones I don't love. That's why I said understanding, tolerance and respect does it for me. Keep your I love you to yourself.

But you never loved the ones that loved you
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Bluezy13(m): 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kampack:

I will try make my answers short as Im typing from my phone and drowsy smiley

1. No scientific conclusion from analysed data randimly sampled can claim to be 100% correct and no piece of research whether tangible or abstract can be 100% correct. The efficiency of a machine (irrespective of the machine) is never 100% -rule of thumb in sciences. So, what researchers watch out for is the level of significance, p-values and confidence intervals. The more reason I said "more often than not". Also, note that I said 9/10 which statistically translates to 90%. You will agree with me that 90% isnt a bad score. I will suggest you do more research into it. No knowledge is lost. I personally enjoy research and its what I do professionally. Sometimes test claims! if zodiac was a bogus claim, I will tell you outrightly...afterall thay aint paying me.

2, your friend you cited only share some common traits. Some characters have overlapping behaviours but you could sort them by asking several other questions about behaviour and temprament. From the little I gathered, he is impatient...and combining that attribute with his perception on relatioships, he definitely fits into the April group. He was too hasty to have let the cat out of the bag. I expected him to challenge me to predict his if I could rightly predict yours as a proof of the concept. However, his typical impatient nature got the better of the Aries man.

Bringing into my cognizance that you are typing from your phone and drowsy is highly inconsequential and technically fallacious to the contention.

I however admire your intelligent statistical manner of approach in driving home your point, although it still redirects to my earlier first opinion of my formal disdain for the horoscopic (abstract, as you implied) science being a "prediction".
It is supposed to be a veracious, total and indisputable fact irrespective of the ramifications it is subjected to proofing without being found wanting, with %100 efficiency.
Eg. All animals born in a manger are and must be deaf, regardless of whether the animal is a goat, a cow, a dog or a fowl.

As per my friend's, I chose to pocket my comment less you consider it an accusation for leveraging on his realistic and plain assertions.

Thanks a lot for contributing to my perception of the science in question as I embark on further research as well.
Sleep well.
Re: The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back by Kampack: 8:31am On Jul 30, 2018
Bluezy13:

Bringing into my cognizance that you are typing from your phone and drowsy is highly inconsequential and technically fallacious to the contention.

I however admire your intelligent statistical manner of approach in driving home your point, although it still redirects to my earlier first opinion of my formal disdain for the horoscopic (abstract, as you implied) science being a "prediction".
It is supposed to be a veracious, total and indisputable fact irrespective of the ramifications it is subjected to proofing without being found wanting, with %100 efficiency.
Eg. All animals born in a manger are and must be deaf, regardless of whether the animal is a goat, a cow, a dog or a fowl.

As per my friend's, I chose to pocket my comment less you consider it an accusation for leveraging on his realistic and plain assertions.

Thanks a lot for contributing to my perception of the science in question as I embark on further research as well.
Sleep well.

@ bolded: wasn't necessary!

thanks, had a swell night!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Cheating On His Wife With Neighbor Shocked When Wife Came Asking For Condoms / What's the weirdest thing your GF have asked you to do / Bald Head Attack. Who Can Love Me Without Wearing Cap??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.