Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew (1664 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / Installation Of Free To Air Cable / Satellite Channels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by PROJECT: 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2010
HI GUYS ,I AM TRYING TO GET PARTNERS TO WORK WITH A NEW FREE TO AIR CHANNEL,THE CHALLENGE NOW IS DAT MOST OF THE EQUIPTMENT WE HAVE IS DID NOT PASS THE NATIONAL COMMUNICATION AUTHORITY TEST,NOW WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN TELL US THE EQUIPTMENT WE NEED TO GET,WE HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED 5 THOUSAND LNBS AND PARABOLIC ANTHENNAS,CAMERAS,BUT WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH OTHER EQUIPTMENTS.OUR EQUIPTMENT SUPPLIER IS WILLING TO TAKE THE EQUIPTMENTS AND IS ASKING US FOR SPECIFICS SO THEY CAN RESUPPLY,PLS WHO CAN GIVE US THE INFO,COS OUR LICENCE IS ON HOLD TILL WE GET THE RIGHT EQUIPTMENTS,PLS MAIL ME ON BILLINGSPR@YAHOO.COM,WE ARE TAKING OFF FROM GHANA THEN MOVE TO OTHER PLACES WE HAVE THE BACKING OF OUR BANK BUT WE LACK THE TECNICALITIES AND OUR ADVISERS ARE NOT THAT INFORMED.
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by freshp(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2010
@ George,pofolo,olofofo,enitan,badaru, et all
the ball is in your court o.
pls Help the guy so that we members here can have some free channel and some fringe benefits grin
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by Malix: 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
Hmmm!,George D,what do u think?
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by dvbguy: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
@ Project

"off topic"

I am a little perplexed as to why you would want to start a venture you have little knowledge of. Why do you like Ghana so much? I did a bit of a check on some of your posts and I realized (I am Ghanaian) you really do think less of us. Who are you trying to out-wit this time? - not everybody in this world is a dumb-as* dude.

"back to topic"

First of all you don't need partners. Pay a consultant to to advice you - me thinks you don't even know the various broadcasting standards out there - you need to be clear on what exactly you are up to. What do you plan to set up - terrestrial station or a DTH platform? if its the former, then I know for a fact that no license will be issued since for now GH will be using only two existing TV providers - makes your work simpler since they host your content for you for a fee. if it is the latter, then i guess the issue of "moving to other places" (as in extending coverage) will be a nonstarter dude. You can lease a transponder on Astra 2b gives you a good coverage over West Africa.

Then again who are we kidding? if the National regulator refused you a license then on what grounds where you even able to bring in the equipment in the first place? highly irregular - one needs a license to even own such stuff. what kind of test did they ran? - earth to satellite uplink or transmitter power rating? You don't need us telling you what the specs should be Bro. Ask the one who rejected them  grin.

OOops!  shocked I hope I didn't misfire! - did u say Channel (as in 1, singular - me scratching me head  ) what can you bring to the table in terms of variety? do you have any idea how much it costs to acquire content? (or lease a TP) bet you if it where that easy MultiTv would have a lot more variety than the repeat programmes we are stuck with. undecided.

Anyways not to sound like discouraging you - but you gave me little to work with. More information is needed. Set up a dummy website and give out the necessary information so we can better advise you or better still drop all the low down here. While you are at it do a bit of research on defunct GBS, not too sure of DAARSAT and Free2view -  they where all hope smashers! tongue - they had lots of channels or were planning to launch lots of channels! lol  cheesy - my guess is they forgot one critical thing - ie to keep costs from bungee jumping in their books  grin.

And for the banks who fail to conduct due diligence before doling out cash for all kinds of projects - my guess is we will forever have a United Africa financial crisis! lol!

My 1 cent - keep me posted and do hire professional people (if i know what you are up to maybe i can point you in the right direction on how to find them).
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by freshp(m): 12:42am On Jun 18, 2010
@ dvbguy
good good! good!! Write-up.
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by Malix: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2010
@Dvbguy,I never knew u see thru walls,thumbs up!.
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by soloqy: 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2010
Yeah right! You have such a huge project and you come to Nairaland for help and info.

Pray what do you guys hope to gain from opening such fake topics?
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by PROJECT: 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
if u dont have any positive suggestions to make keep ur big mouth shut,i know what i am doing,atleast i have ha professional response form nairalanders and i am flying a nairalander into ghana because what he gave me tallies with what i have on papers,gold is seen in the mud and refined so i can seek advise from anywhere i want,men with their pull him down syndrome thats why they dnt get to prosper
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by spacevice(m): 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2010
PROJECT:

if u dont have any positive suggestions to make keep your big mouth shut,i know what i am doing,atleast i have ha professional response form nairalanders and i am flying a nairalander into ghana because what he gave me tallies with what i have on papers,gold is seen in the mud and refined so i can seek advise from anywhere i want,men with their pull him down syndrome thats why they dnt get to prosper

With open arms, we are waiting to receive u and the service u are dreaming to offer.
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by soloqy: 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2010
Goodluck to you then. Its no pulldown syndrome, its genuinely puzzling to me for someone with such a massive project to not have the knowledge to even kick off. You talked about having a backing of your bank. I still wonder what Bank,(in these uncertain times) would give you the facilities for such without you proving to them beyond all doubts that you are capable of delivering what you propose.

Anyways, good luck.
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by agitator: 7:35am On Jun 22, 2010
soloqy:

Goodluck to you then. Its no pulldown syndrome, its genuinely puzzling to me for someone with such a massive project to not have the knowledge to even kick off. You talked about having a backing of your bank. I still wonder what Bank,(in these uncertain times) would give you the facilities for such without you proving to them beyond all doubts that you are capable of delivering what you propose.

Anyways, good luck.

It's the Cecelia Ibru style banks, you don't need to prove anything to get the loan.
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by IRAPADA(m): 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2010
@project,hw are we such that u guys are not fraudstars or 419.If u guys want to emback on such a big project u shd rather pay a consultant who wil guild u than sick our advice
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by salamander(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2010
@Project
I believe the best advice has been given by dvbguy and hope you take it in good faith. I believe also that you should get dvbguy's number so you can personally see him and discuss matters since you all live in Ghana, I guess Accra too.

However I would like you to be a bit patient when you are seeking for information. I personally did not like the way you said someone should SHUT UP if he had nothing to say. The information you need is a huge one and you cannot get it for free 'like that'. As you are being advised, get a consultant and pay him and I believe you will get what you wanted.

Good luck!
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
@ dvbguy,
thumbs up for you. I know i aint good writer, if i were to be the one. i would've summarised yur whole sentence in just a few word.

Dont mind those con peeps masquerading themselves as genuine business man. from the start of his writeup, i've known he's a dummie liar. Anyone that wants to fall for him, should contact him. Akuya!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by pofolo(m): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2010
@ dvd
u don hit d nail for head straight away. Kudos !

@ project,
wat exactly do u want frm dis forum ?, put ur house together 1st b4 seekin help here, or beta stil lets see ur proposal or mission statement as u mite put it.
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2010
dont mind that scammer, i've met several of them fom this forum, dem no know who i once be.
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by Hotwire(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2010
enitan2002:

dont mind that scammer, i've met several of them fom this forum, dem no know who i once be.

@ Project

You have shot yourself in the FOOT. The gurus in this house acquired their knowledge thro honesty and diligence. You want to make profits but not ready to come out clean. You are lucky that your kinsman, DVB, has assisted you despite your modus operandi.

@Enitan2002,
Dont be easy on this guy. Take him to the cleaners pls. Enitan, were you once a scammer too? I noticed that you read his act quicker!
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by olofofo(m): 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2010
hmm,

where is the dude?
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by tunde300us(m): 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2011
Hi guys,
I am a satellite person but not necessarily an FTA techie,my own expertie is in satellite for internet.I just want to know how easy it is to get a TV station on the satellite without a very large budget.

I have this small proposal to write for a TV station that wants to run on FTA and its ready to spend a few cash for ground equipment and a space in satellite.

I am just asking a honest question and not recruiting as the headline says,and moreover the topic isnt mine so pls dont attack me oh.I will probably put the question on a new topic for others who aint in this discussion to help suggest.

Remember its an existing TV station that wants to go FTA and not profit driven.I was also wondering what it would take to integrate itself with DSTV.HITV etc.

If you need to help and you want to talk to me,just send me a text and i will call u back if i can at that particular moment or i will just send u a reply or any that i can.
My email addy is tunde300us@gmail.com and my phone is 08034025906.please dnt flash ppl (na BB nd im battery no dey last) grin

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Cable Staion Needs Tecnical Crew by jack1420: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2012
I am completely agree and eager with this project. Currently I enjoyed at my home with my digital tv on pc, and I am thinking for new tech. now.

It would be a great experience. smiley smiley smiley

http://www.livetvportal.com/free-to-air-satellite-tv/

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Connect Lcd Monitor With Strong Decoder / Rechargeable Free To Air Decoders / Pay As You Go Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) Debuts In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.