Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says (23107 Views)

Senator Ajayi Boroffice: How Saraki Will Be Removed As Senate President / APC: Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise / Oshiomhole Vows: Saraki Will ‘definitely’ Be Impeached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:28pm On Aug 02, 2018
…Saraki, Ortom, Kwankwaso, others, attend PDP NEC Meeting

…As NEC approves amendment of rules to accommodate Not-Too- Young-To-Run Act

By Dirisu Yakubu

ABUJA-Sokoto State governor, Aminu Tambuwal has warned against any illegal attempt to effect a change in the leadership of the National Assembly, warning those bent on impeaching Senate President, Bukola Saraki to perish the thought.

Tambuwal who stated on Thursday at the 81st National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) noted that any recourse to illegal impeachment would be matched by an equal force of resistance.

Berating the state of affairs of the nation under the All Progressives Congress, APC-led administration, Tambuwal said when Nigerians trooped out enmasse to elect the current government more than three years ago; they expected a robust democracy where they would be free to hold contrary political opinions without fear of harassment.

“Only about three days ago, I did say that Nigerians will not accept prison-yard democracy; a situation whereby people would be simply framed up on account of disagreement in terms of political leanings, is unacceptable. And we cannot afford to allow our country to drift further. It is not about any interest, it is about this country. This country is on a cliff. We must retrieve it, we must position this country and restructure it for the benefit of Nigerians.

“When they talk about cross carpeting, I began to wonder. When I cross carpeted the other time, did they complain? When I hear that some people are trying to break into the chambers of the Senate to steal the mace and install a pseudo President of the Senate, I wonder whether they actually know the rules of our democratic engagement. It’s not a Gestapo. We are in democracy.

“The constitution of this country is very clear that members of the Senate and the House of Representatives can choose from among themselves their own President of the Senate or Speaker (of House of Representatives) without leaning to any political party.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/attempt-to-impeach-saraki-will-be-resisted-tambuwal/

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by magoo10(m): 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2018
The APC does not even have the required two third majority to impeach saraki except they want to repeat the type of civilian coup witnessed in Benue state which will be dead on arrival.

The anti people party should just accept their fate. What goes around comes around
Buhari must go

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2018
What Is Good For Boniface Is Also Good For Boninyash

“When they talk about cross carpeting, I began to wonder. When I cross carpeted the other time, did they complain? When I hear that some people are trying to break into the chambers of the Senate to steal the mace and install a pseudo President of the Senate, I wonder whether they actually know the rules of our democratic engagement. It’s not a Gestapo. We are in democracy.

Tambuwal don talk talk finish

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Tolexander: 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
“Only about three days ago, I did say that Nigerians will not accept prison-yard democracy; a situation whereby people would be simply framed up on account of disagreement in terms of political leanings, is unacceptable. And we cannot afford to allow our country to drift further. It is not about any interest, it is about this country. This country is on a cliff. We must retrieve it, we must position this country and restructure it for the benefit of Nigerians.
*yinmu*
These politicians think they are playing on our intelligence.
Which country are they fighting for? They are all fighting for there personal interest.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Merimental(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
to be Resisted by every legal means necessary...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Qpwo: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
please vote for my friend who stands a chance of winning 500 thousand naira through your shares. It won't take more than 30 secs of your time. Simply share her article about Malaria via this link and you can also share twice. Thank you https://www.miralpharm.com/essay/vote.php?usr=825104517-nkem-obiakor
Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by spycee1: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
ii
Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
APC is falling down, falling down, falling down.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by sanpipita(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
PDP holding NEC meetings while oshiomhole is still sleeping like a baby

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by pyxon(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
There is no way APC is going to survive. APC is just talking. PDP is backing their own talk with action

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Firefire(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
I laugh grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
Na today you just dey know say tambuwal has a flare for the theatrics? We remember his dramatic opposition to the past regime before he decamped so he should STFU

5 Likes

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Firefire(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
sanpipita:
PDP holding NEC meetings while oshiomhole is still sleeping like a baby

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by alertness(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
what can salvage APC sinking ship?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by potent5(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
It is already being resisted.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Nopeace4dwicked: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
Saraki has come 2stay nt because he is gud man buh because GOD wants 2embaras buhari and his cohorts

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by sureheaven(m): 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
It will be honorable for him to resign before he’s impeached and nothing will happen.

Saraki can’t eat his cake and still have it. His presiding as the senate president while he already decamped to the opposition party is not democratic and it will spell doom to the progress of the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by pat077: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
Any attempt or attempted attempts must be resisted shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by selemempe: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
sureheaven:
It will be honorable for him to resign before he’s impeached and nothing will happen.

Saraki can’t eat his cake and still have it. His presiding as the senate president while he already decamped to the opposition party is not democratic and it will spell doom to the progress of the nation.
lol...u didnt impeach tambulwal in 2015...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Racoon(m): 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
Guess the renewed comaradeship smiley APC go hear am.

2 Likes

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Racoon(m): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2018
sureheaven:

Tell that to the dullard & tyrannt that is sitting a president today.Tambuwal did same for APC in 2014 & heaven did not fall & hear what Buhari said;
‪“I will like to thank Aminu Tambuwal for what he did yesterday (defecting from PDP). Taking such a remarkable risk and sending everybody on holidays till December is an achievement”.
-Muhammadu Buhari-Oct.29th. 2014

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Earthquake1: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
[s]
sureheaven:

[/s]

Shut up

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by TheFreeOne: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
When they talk about cross carpeting, I began to wonder. When I cross carpeted the other time, did they complain? When I hear that some people are trying to break into the chambers of the Senate to steal the mace and install a pseudo President of the Senate, I wonder whether they actually know the rules of our democratic engagement. It’s not a Gestapo. We are in democracy.

Tell them o. Buhari was at the forefront of those who praised Tambuwal for defecting to APC in 2014.

Bunch of shameless hypocrites.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by seankay(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bleep APC and PDP! They are all birds of the same feather after their own selfish interests. I only pity the jobless and clueless masses that goads them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Samirana360(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
APC n PDP are d same
Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by BabaIbo: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2018
My own be say make Nigeria develop/better
Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by Sweetcollins: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
We are engrossingly watching �

1 Like

Re: Any Attempt To Impeach Saraki Will Be Resisted - Tambuwal Says by LazyNairalander(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Men that matters only speaks when the matter matters.

check my SIGNATURE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians / Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra / Boko Haram Captures Damasak, 24 Hours After Buratai’s Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.