Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra (23097 Views)

Election: ‘Even If Peter Obi Concedes Defeat, We’ll Not Accept’ – Charly Boy / Atiku’s Spokesman, Segun Showunmi Concedes Defeat / Dele Momodu Reacts As Governor Ambode Concedes Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by HonNL: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
PDP'S VALENTINE OZIGBO CONGRATULATES SOLUDO, DELIVERS A THANK YOU MESSAGE TO NDI ANAMBRA

I have just called Professor Chukwuma Soludo and congratulated him on being declared the winner of the Anambra State Governorship elections, 2021. I wished him well and prayed for his success.

Let me also use this opportunity to congratulate all the men and women who contested our dear state's governorship this year. You all have shown a determination to see that Anambra is better. It was an honour to run this race with you.

Two years ago, I decided to go into active partisan politics with a number of objectives in mind.

First, to use Anambra to set an example of excellence in governance. The second was to unify Anambra and Ala Igbo around a shared vision of greatness. The third was to inspire more professionals to go into politics. I believe that attainment of these would go a long way in changing the story of black men and women in this world for the better.

Pulled by the vision of a better and brighter Anambra, we set out on the quest for governorship, resolute on taking revolutionary steps to address the decay and decline in security, infrastructure, education, healthcare, the environment, and all other social systems meant to serve the people.

As laid out in our Ka Anambra Chawapu Manifesto, we planned to transform Anambra into the most competitive sub-national economy in Nigeria by opening up public, social, and commercial spaces leveraging on the strength of our youth and women. Ultimately, to make Anambra the pride of Nigeria.

Given where we started and where we are today, we consider ourselves winners. Our Ka Anambra Chawapu message has permeated the consciousness of Ndi Anambra, and the nation at large. It is the strongest message that has come out of Anambra 2021, and it continues to beat in the hearts of Ndi Igbo.

On unifying Ala Igbo, I believe that every Igbo person now understands that they have a voice in me because I will forever speak in the interest of the Igbo Nation and the rest of the marginalised and forgotten in Nigeria.

During this journey, especially in the last months, I have met many professionals who have been inspired into politics by our message and asked me how I got to this level in my first attempt. I urge them to keep the faith. Don't ever let the candle that has been lit in you dim. Our country needs your active participation in her affairs.

We documented our grand vision for a brighter and better Anambra and presented it to our people with the energy to implement it. Though we may not have the opportunity in the immediate to get it started, we will be holding the government in power accountable to ensure that the welfare of the people is foremost in their actions at all times.

I acknowledge that we could not have done this alone. I am a child of Grace. I thank the Almighty God who chose me for this mission for His abundant mercies and love.

I thank all the courageous men and women who first believed in me, many of them without knowing me well. You are the heroes of our Ka Anambra Chawapu Movement. I also thank everyone who believed, even without meeting me, who heard our message and came out in full support.

I am grateful to every single person who joined our movement and contributed in one way or the other. The thousands who showed us so much love, from youths and women in the grassroot, to those in the diaspora, to the Non Indigenes, various church groups across all denominations, market women, civil servants, artisans, and many more. Thank you for your prayers, your material, financial, and intellectual contributions. May the Lord reward you abundantly.

I thank the leaders and pillars of our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), at the national (especially the PDP Governors), state and ward levels who stood by us and worked tirelessly to win the mandate of Ndi Anambra. I appreciate your amazing support and friendship.

Most importantly, I thank the entire Ndi Anambra - home and abroad. The openness, love, and enthusiasm with which you received us, especially as we campaigned across the state, is one that my wife, my running mate and I will cherish forever.

This election was fraught with a lot of short-comings on the part of various government institutions. The security agencies failed to provide a peaceful environment for campaigns to hold. On election day, they were absent from many polling centres leading to elections not holding or held in situations that allowed for chaos and fraud.

The national electoral commission presented untrained and poorly trained staff who could not operate the voting machines in many places. They failed woefully in providing logistical support for their staff and so elections started very late in many places and did not hold in many others.

The use of government funds and resources to corrupt, coerce, and intimidate voters, PDP party agents, and electoral officials was a major factor in determining the outcome of this election.

All of these led to the disenfranchisement of the greater percentage of voters and staining the course of democracy. I will be dedicating time to champion the positive change we need to ensure that future elections are truly free and fair and that the will of the electorate prevails.

Denominational politics was also a factor. We need to do a lot more to ensure that competence is never sacrificed on this altar, and that democracy is practiced in line with its truest tenets.

In all, I am more determined to working for a better future for our children by remaining in active politics and rebuilding our party to be more united and more robust for those who come after us. Ka Anambra Chawapu.

May God bless you all and bless Anambra State.

Thank you.

Valentine Ozigbo

Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra 2021

Ozigbo, 51, polled 53,807 votes behind Soludo,61 who won the election with 112,229 votes.

Andy Uba of the All Progressives Congress got 43,285 votes and Ifeanyi Ubah of the Young Progressive Party polled 21,261 votes to place third and fourth respectively.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by PrinceOfLagos: 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
God bless you sir

You just gotta give it to the igbos for the way they play politics without hate and bitterness

But come to south west, Court cases will be longer than third mainland bridge

Congratulations ones again to the ''Star Boy" Himself, Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on your election victory.

Anambra is in God hands

168 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by FirstCounsel(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Maturity

34 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by PlayMaker14: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
But the confused and useless APC wants to challenge the result in court after receiving a well thorough beating from APGA.

This maturity displayed by the PDP has shown that they are ready to take over from the moroniic and demonic APC come 2023.

God bless the PDP

God bless Ndi Anambra

God bless Delta State

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.

182 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by rayvelez(m): 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nice one from Valentine Ozigbo, it was just like yesterday when our dear GEJ surprised y’all and put a congratulatory called to the dullard disaster president we have now who is ready to unleashed terrors against Nigerians if he loose in 2015 but GEJ suprised them when he know the elections was rigged.

70 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by Maxymilliano(m): 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
That's a sign of good sportsmanship, meanwhile APC is still in a confusion and double-speaking; threatening to go to court and denied making such threats

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by festacman(m): 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Enthrenched factionalization of PDP more than poorly trained INEC personnel or any other reason contributed to its moderate performance. The fact is that if Chris Uba's faction of PDP should reconcile with Peter Obi's faction, PDP will make life difficult for APGA in Anambra State though It must be said that the ideology of "Nke a bu nke anyi" has become deep-rooted.

Prof Soludo's victory is fruit of hard work of young dynamic APGA members - men and women - who worked assiduously in their individual wards to refresh the essence of APGA in the minds Anambra citizens. Day and night, they worked. They invested their personal resources time and energy to build and maintain relationship with both old and young people in various villages in Anambra State. Even with many crises and threats that faced APGA, they delivered. They should take a bow.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by yorubaigboi1: 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
That's spirit of sportsmanship. Well done Ozigbo. Apc no go fit let go. I know say na court they wan use shift soludo

14 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by ignis: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
He got no choice
Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by MiaBeer(m): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Correct Guy! Anambra Amaka cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Comrades

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by AroleOduduwa2: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
PDP is a principled party, unlike that terrorist party

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by Freelane33(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Khasakistan YAAAAA
Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by Folabifreeman(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Yuy
Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by VirginSearcher(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good, not those useless APC guys that are always in disagreement when things don't go there way

17 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
It seems APC didn't remember that Anambrarians does not have a short term memory before they made Andy Uba their guber flag bearer?

We know what the Uba family of Uga can do.

Anambrarians knows the Uba brother's antecedents like the back of their fingers and they decided not to risk their future and the future of their unborn kids in the hands of people that once kidnapped a sitting governor.

35 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by blackjah(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Well done Valentine Ozigbo!!!

7 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by Klington: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
That's the way go.
Spirit of patriotism.

Subordination of personal interest for public interest
God bless you!

16 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by olusledge: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
As expected..we know Anambra would vote pdp in the presidential election

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by sammirano2: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
God bless you sir

You just gotta give it to the igbos for the way they play politics without hate and bitterness

Congratulations ones again to the ''Star Boy" Himself, Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on your election victory.

Anambra is in God hands

Are you not mad? Why must South west be in your foolish discussion.
Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by kponkedenge(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ozigbo is a smart man..... no much difference between APGA and PDP in Anambra....cos most APGA voters vote PDP during presidential elections.

Congratulations to Prof. Soludo.

26 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by Folabifreeman(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good move. For peace to reign

5 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by GboyegaD(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
That is how progressives behave. I have always loved him as a Divisional Director way back in Bank PHB/Keystone Bank. Very humble and knows people by name.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by BigSarah(f): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Way to go

1 Like

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by ursullalinda(f): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
That's why i like him......gentle man.....I pray he tries again and wins

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by Benchilwell: 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
God bless you sir

Anambra is in God hands
thank God tinubu name no they ur comment but u still add south west sorry priceoflagoon
Re: Ozigbo Calls Soludo, Concedes Defeat, Thanks Ndi Anambra by magoo10(m): 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Can Andy Uba and shameless apc supporters follow

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Peak Power Generation Record Of 4883.9MW - TCN / Nigeria Launches Search & Rescue Helicopter (Photo) / Obono-Obla: Peter Obi Is Not Eligible To Contest Presidential Election Under LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.