Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. (2135 Views)

Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets / List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! / Will Rotational Presidency Solve Nigeria's Political Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Afam4eva(m): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2010
I'm still yet to understand the concept behind the PDP rotational presidency formula. First of all if it's in their constitution, then it should state how it will start and end. For example when Obasanjo ruled, did it state that it should start with the South with a Yoruba man been the first occupy the seat of power. I also want to know who's turn it will be when it comes back to the south. Is it the Igbos, or South South. Or can a yoruba still take the place of the south again? One would have thought that they should rotate it to the 3 major ethnic groups then finally the minorities because the south as it is is not a united entity.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Abagworo(m): 11:21am On Jun 19, 2010
my take on this is that every other nigerian that is neither northerner nor yoruba is good enough and can transform the country.what an igbo will do for igbos,jonathan will do thesame.what an ijaw will do for ijaws,an igbo man will do thesame.ethnic urhobo,ijaw,igbo,itsekiri,kalabari,ikwerre,abiriba,ibani,ugep,ogoja,ezza,idoma,efik,ibibio,annang,ekpeye,isoko,abua,ika,orsu,ejagam,legbo,okrika,nembe etc. are all good enough to produce a competent president that will treat all nigerians equally.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2010
The igbos are not organised,One had expected there support to to the current administration,but some are being used already.Orji kalu,s sunnewspaper is the propaganda machine for the north.How can intelligent ,industrious ,enterprising people be supporting backward and unintelligent never dowells ,who ruined Nigeria and which affects everybody.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Abagworo(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
@olas2u.i dont get what you mean.igbos are not too keen to be president as long as there is justice and equity.2ndly,it must not be north or yoruba.we need a president that will develop port harcourt just like they developed lagos and abuja.allow competition instead of quota system,treat all nigerians equally and allow all nigerians to contest and win political posts wherever they reside.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by EzeUche(m): 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2010
There will never be equality in the political scene. Some Igbos are seriously misguided. There will never be an Igbo president in a million years as long as we stay in this union. They will continue to promise the Igbo the presidency yet they will not do anything. They rather choose a minority than an Igbo. Stupid Igbos who think they are Nigerian.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2010
Abagworo:

@olas2u.i dont get what you mean.igbos are not too keen to be president as long as there is justice and equity.2ndly,it must not be north or yoruba.we need a president that will develop port harcourt just like they developed lagos and abuja.allow competition instead of quota system,treat all nigerians equally and allow all nigerians to contest and win political posts wherever they reside.
By now you should understand better,the only times citizens of other nationalities got to power is through accident,OBJ got there in 1979 as a result of the assasination of muritala,shonekan as  a reult of june 12,OBJ again as a result of the death of M.K.O, now goodluck as a result of the death of yardaua.I could still start from independence ,but get the picture ,All the minorities added together in the Nigerian federation are more that the other major ethnic groups.Forget about competition,The North will never allow it,OBj paid the debt of Nigeria during is tenure.Yar adua borrowed more and Nigeria is in debt again.So the southner will save and do things right the Northerners come and borrow more and spend more.Will northnern Nigerian leader accept true federalism?Will a Northern Nigeria leader allow for competition? Will a Northnern Nigeria accept a new derivation formular?ask yourself,they are more in the house of rep and senate so you cannot scale through.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2010
I don't know any ethnic group that has a unified view on Rotational Presidency.

Olas2u tell me your ethnic group and I will tell you prominent members of your ethnic group with diametrically opposite views on rotational Presidency.

So your view on Igbos not being organised because there is no unanimous support for Jonathan is simply ridiculous!!!!!
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by HayYlay(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2010
I think they'r busy wit ow 2 make thow', fake drugz, and all oda fake tinz. I also asume that the yorubas n hausas are afraid of world-clasz embezlement and cheat that an average igbo man can master-mind wit last drop of all. Blak sheep of tha thre so-called categories of our world.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
mikeansy:

I don't know any ethnic group that has a unified view on Rotational Presidency.

Olas2u tell me your ethnic group and I will tell you prominent members of your ethnic group with diametrically opposite views on rotational Presidency.

So your view on Igbos not being organised because there is no unanimous support for Jonathan is simply ridiculous!!!!!

There is no known ethnic groups that supports rotational presidency ,it is PDP formular ,pls.It is bwt the pople that borrowed power in 1999 after the death of MKO.But look the igbos have suffered a lot and one had expected their support to the johantan presidency.All over southwest Nigeria ,The feelings are right people support johanatan,what about southeast?Ogbulafor told us pdp will rule for 60 years ,he also insisited the north must continue,Orji kalu sunnswes paper is the propaganda machine for the north,ojukwu supports IBB.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Abagworo(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2010
@olas2u.are you insinuating that igbos dont back jonathan?sorry dear.the corest igbos in their corest villages(my grandparents inclusive) are happier than even his kinsmen.the presidency is in the hands of a non-igbo biafran.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2010
Abagworo:

@olas2u.are you insinuating that igbos dont back jonathan?sorry dear.the corest igbos in their corest villages(my grandparents inclusive) are happier than even his kinsmen.the presidency is in the hands of a non-igbo biafran.
Since the peoples votes dont count ,the elites of that region matters,elites are the people that decides who becomes what you know,they made obj even though he did not win in his ward ,in his state,in is region.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
olas2u:

There is no known ethnic groups that supports rotational presidency ,it is PDP formular ,pls.It is bwt the pople that borrowed power in 1999 after the death of MKO.But look the igbos have suffered a lot and one had expected their support to the johantan presidency.All over southwest Nigeria ,The feelings are right people support johanatan,what about southeast?Ogbulafor told us pdp will rule for 60 years ,he also insisited the north must continue,Orji kalu sunnswes paper is the propaganda machine for the north,ojukwu supports IBB.

Another ridiculous argument. What is the basis of the argument that all the righteous must support Jonathan and anybody who does not is corrupt?

We have no duty to support anybody. That sounds like the kind of ideology that obtains in totalitarian regimes like those of Hitler, Fidel castro or in Khomenei's Iran!!!!

It is not compulsory to support Jonathan. I personally will not vote him even though I was at the vanguard of clamouring for his ascension to the Presidency in the wake of Yar'adua's incapacitation because it was the constitutionally right thing to do.

But when it comes to 2011. The idea that anybody has a duty to support any candidate is a totalitarian ideology that will not wash in the South East.

If Jonathan wants support from the South East he will work and campaign for it. It will not come by default.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nchara: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2010
Olas2

Please stop living in ignorance or simply living a lying life. There are many Yorubas supporting the North, even IBB. As someone said, there is no concerted tribal group support for any potential president, at least for now. It is mostly individual support depending on where your bread might be buttered. See examples of Yoruba support for the North here

June 12 MKO'S Brother visits IBB.
http://www.independentngonline.com/D, aspx?id=15204

2011: IBB gets coordinator in Ekiti
http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=32617
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2010
olas2u:

Since the peoples votes dont count ,the elites of that region matters,elites are the people that decides who becomes what you know,they made obj even though he did not win in his ward ,in his state,in is region.
mikeansy:

Another ridiculous argument. What is the basis of the argument that all the righteous must support Jonathan and anybody who does not is corrupt?

We have no duty to support anybody. That sounds like the kind of ideology that obtains in totalitarian regimes like those of Hitler, Fidel castro or in Khomenei's Iran!!!!

It is not compulsory to support Jonathan. I personally will not vote him even though I was at the vanguard of clamouring for his ascension to the Presidency in the wake of Yar'adua's incapacitation because it was the constitutionally right thing to do.

But when it comes to 2011. The idea that anybody has a duty to support any candidate is a totalitarian ideology that will not wash in the South East.
We are talking About Nigeria national issue here ,you are talking of totalitarian ideology,I never said it was compulsory.OBj did not need southeast support to get there in 1999,because the elites of a paticular stock decides.Southwest people dont play second fiddle ,and they dont like to be dominated.but they way the southeast leaders act.i dont get it
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2010
olas2u:

We are talking About Nigeria national issue here ,you are talking of totalitarian ideology,I never said it was compulsory.OBj did not need southeast support to get there in 1999,because the elites of a paticular stock decides.Southwest people dont play second fiddle ,and they dont like to be dominated.but they way the southeast leaders act.i dont get it

so is it up to you to define for others how to act?
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2010
mikeansy:

so is it up to you to define for others how to act?
[/quote

While the southeast are running after money ,and not yet organised these people have perfected how they will rule forever .If we continue like this our grand children will curse all of us in there graves.The discrimination in Nigeria to the level that since independence ,no person outside the hausa fulani oligarchy as ruled Nigeria.Every time a southerner come its accidental.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nchara: 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2010
Olas2

You claim the SE are running after money. Please tell us what is the SW running after?
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2010
Nchara:

Olas2

You claim the SE are running after money. Please tell us what is the SW running after?
Oga i can rephrase it again while the south are running after money ,and not yet organised these people have perfected how they will rule forever .If we continue like this our grand children will curse all of us in there graves.The discrimination in Nigeria to the level that since independence ,no person outside the hausa fulani oligarchy as ruled Nigeria.Every time a southerner come its accidental grin
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by One11: 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2010
olas2u:

The igbos are not organised,One had expected there support to to the current administration,but some are being used already.Orji kalu,s sunnewspaper is the propaganda machine for the north.How can intelligent ,industrious ,enterprising people be supporting backward and unintelligent never dowells ,who ruined Nigeria and which affects everybody.

EzeUche:

There will never be equality in the political scene. Some Igbos are seriously misguided. There will never be an Igbo president in a million years as long as we stay in this union. They will continue to promise the Igbo the presidency yet they will not do anything. They rather choose a minority than an Igbo. silly Igbos who think they are Nigerian.

You both are correct. The main thing is that Igbos( as a whole not individually) have become cowards. You can count on an Igbo these days definitely to talk but hes not going to do shit and thats a fact. All they care about is copping money not of there people. while the north is planning to put you in slavery, they just stand there watch and beat on their chest "I'M AN IGBO MAN" so what? what can you do? NOTHING! When other tribes are slaughtering you people with the exception of the warrior Igbos in onitsha, are you do is turn away and say "Jesus will make it better, he will save us" well reality check your Jesus is not going to save you! you've been saying that for how many years and Igbos are satill in the say position. You gotta fight. God helps those who help themselves. it says it in the Bible. Keep fooling urselfs and remain slaves and errand boys.

And as far as Igbo elites Bleep them too. They rather help the north complete their agenda instead of the Igbos completing their own. Look at these people campaigning for these same northerners( oh yeah and you best believe they fought in the civil war too wink) who massacred your people, raped ur females, IBB and those other bastards were those same soldiers doing the raping and killing and Igbos have to have a second thought of whether he should vote for one of those northerners?? are you serious??!!!!!!
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2010
Abagworo:

The people currently DO NOT get justice served them in their own land. Matter of fact, it seems INJUSTICE has been made law in most of the land
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Abagworo(m): 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2010
One 1:

You both are correct. The main thing is that Igbos( as a whole not individually) have become cowards. You can count on an Igbo these days definitely to talk but hes not going to do poo and thats a fact. All they care about is copping money not of there people. while the north is planning to put you in slavery, they just stand there watch and beat on their chest "I'M AN IGBO MAN" so what? what can you do? NOTHING! When other tribes are slaughtering you people with the exception of the warrior Igbos in onitsha, are you do is turn away and say "Jesus will make it better, he will save us" well reality check your Jesus is not going to save you! you've been saying that for how many years and Igbos are satill in the say position. You gotta fight. God helps those who help themselves. it says it in the Bible. Keep fooling urselfs and remain slaves and errand boys.

And as far as Igbo elites bleep them too. They rather help the north complete their agenda instead of the Igbos completing their own. Look at these people campaigning for these same northerners( oh yeah and you best believe they fought in the civil war too  wink) who massacred your people, despoiled your females, IBB and those other bastards were those same soldiers doing the despoiling and killing and Igbos have to have a second thought of whether he should vote for one of those northerners?? are you serious??!!!!!!
this issue is not about ethnic group,so the word igbo shouldn't arise in the first place.
1)i only know of ruggedity in aba not onitsha
2)it is about geo_political zones or regions
3)how many hausas have ruled nigeria?
4)is IBB an hausaman?
5)is abacha an hausaman?
6)is gowon an hausaman?
7)is abdulsalami an hausaman?

the issue is between east,west and north.the middlebelt has ruled nigeria the most.the hausas and the entire north support anything north irrespective of ethnic group.what they need to protect is the interest of their region.the regions was increased to 4 by the creation of the midwest,dividing ethnic igbos and ijaws into midwest ijaw/igbo and eastern ijaw/igbo.the marginalised people in nigeria are people of old eastern and midwestern region.they are also the most educated nigerians.i dont really like oil politics but almost the entire oil in nigeria is located in these two regions.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
Abagworo:

.the marginalised people in nigeria are people of old eastern and midwestern region[b].they are also the most educated nigerians.[/b]i dont really like oil politics but almost the entire oil in nigeria is located in these two regions.

Of what importance is this to anyone reading this?

You claim they are the most educated yet they continue to allow themselves live as illiterates, and you provide us this detail for what?
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2010
One 1:

You both are correct. The main thing is that Igbos( as a whole not individually) have become cowards. You can count on an Igbo these days definitely to talk but hes not going to do poo and thats a fact. All they care about is copping money not of there people. while the north is planning to put you in slavery, they just stand there watch and beat on their chest "I'M AN IGBO MAN" so what? what can you do? NOTHING! When other tribes are slaughtering you people with the exception of the warrior Igbos in onitsha, are you do is turn away and say "Jesus will make it better, he will save us" well reality check your Jesus is not going to save you! you've been saying that for how many years and Igbos are satill in the say position. You gotta fight. God helps those who help themselves. it says it in the Bible. Keep fooling urselfs and remain slaves and errand boys.

And as far as Igbo elites bleep them too. They rather help the north complete their agenda instead of the Igbos completing their own. Look at these people campaigning for these same northerners( oh yeah and you best believe they fought in the civil war too wink) who massacred your people, despoiled your females, IBB and those other bastards were those same soldiers doing the despoiling and killing and Igbos have to have a second thought of whether he should vote for one of those northerners?? are you serious??!!!!!!

some people think they will come online, intimidate the Igbos with insults and coerce them into doing their will. It simply will not work.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
mikeansy:

some people think they will come online, intimidate the Igbos with insults and coerce them into doing their will. It simply will not work.
why dont you make sense and educate us on what we dont know,we want to learn,pls tell us what we dont know
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Abagworo(m): 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Of what importance is this to anyone reading this?

You claim they are the most educated yet they continue to allow themselves live as illiterates, and you provide us this detail for what?

i believe you are actually the illiterate.trying to create an unnecessary issue out of nothing.i have never heard of rotational presidency based on ethnic groups.i only know of regions and geo-political zones.could you as a literate tell us how many years it will take for more than 500 ethnic groups in nigeria to produce a two term president each?
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2010
Abagworo:

i believe you are actually the illiterate.trying to create an unnecessary issue out of nothing.i have never heard of rotational presidency based on ethnic groups.i only know of regions and geo-political zones.could you as a literate tell us how many years it will take for more than 500 ethnic groups in nigeria to produce a two term president each?

First ask yourself these questions

a) Is Rotational Presidency defined anywhere? If It is, be sure to find out where so you can better contextualize your argument there.

b) In whatever context Rotational Presidency exists/is currently being applied, is it applied along ethnic lines or what? That way you can better understand how those you FEEL are marginalized may not necessary be so. I mean it is TOO TOO EASY to PLAY the victim card even in this when most of those involved understood the terms of the agreement BEFORE jumping in.

So, again, I don't see the relevance of your trying to play the VICTIM CARD for a supposed MOST EDUCATED group out there. lol
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by otokx(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2010
This should be in the Racism, Tribalism section.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Abagworo(m): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

First ask yourself these questions

a) Is Rotational Presidency defined anywhere? If It is, be sure to find out where so you can better contextualize your argument there.

b) In whatever context Rotational Presidency exists/is currently being applied, is it applied along ethnic lines or what? That way you can better understand how those you FEEL are marginalized may not necessary be so. I mean it is TOO TOO EASY to PLAY the victim card even in this when most of those involved understood the terms of the agreement BEFORE jumping in.

So, again, I don't see the relevance of your trying to play the VICTIM CARD for a supposed MOST EDUCATED group out there. lol

Nobody has played any victim card.Rather you and ola2u have been trying to cause confusion.what we want is just any unbiased non-northerner and non-southwesterner.jonathan is ok.if however the pdp rotation is to continue,it is still the norths turn in pdp.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2010
Abagworo:

Nobody has played any victim card.Rather you and ola2u have been trying to cause confusion.what we want is just any unbiased non-northerner and non-southwesterner.jonathan is ok.if however the pdp rotation is to continue,it is still the norths turn in pdp.
Oh that must come grand for you . . . . I mean the ability to lump everyone who questions your view in the same group. I don't believe I stated anywhere on here that I share @Ola2u's view but just cause I questioned your own response, I suddenly am in the same team as he is? lol

You are playing the victim card when you claim there are people MARGINALIZED in this. No group, I repeat NO group is marginalized here. NONE. Unless you have solid proof, then maybe it is best you desist from making such claims. If 3 Regions are mainly considered here, and when it comes the turn of the Eastern group, they are free to present members from their region and then vote for which should run, why is wrong? Why is that MARGINALIZATION?

If you truly understand that it is the PDP North's turn at the seat, then why are you having a hard time understanding it DOES NOT mean any other group is being MARGINALIZED?

Jonathan is the current President, isn't that good enough anymore? How long are you going to keep screaming marginalization even when you know it is simply some other groups turn to run in this party?
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Abagworo(m): 12:10am On Jun 20, 2010
Jonathan is the current President, isn't that good enough anymore?

yes it is.he should finish his two remaining terms till 2019,after which the south east will take over till 2027 and then to midwest till 2035.
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Jun 20, 2010
Abagworo:

yes it is.he should finish his two remaining terms till 2019,after which the south east will take over till 2027 and then to midwest till 2035.
How did Jonathan get TWO REMAINING TERMS ? Who gave it to him? How did you work this one out for the Nigerian people? I really want to know how anyone can out of thing air CREATE TWO ADDITIONAL TERMS for Jonathan and essentially SWITCH from ROTATIONAL to ARBITRARY system for the PDP and WORSE, for the Nigerian people. lol
Re: Where Are The Igbos In This Rotational Presidency Jargons. by One11: 1:56am On Jun 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

How did Jonathan get TWO REMAINING TERMS ? Who gave it to him? How did you work this one out for the Nigerian people? I really want to know how anyone can out of thing air CREATE TWO ADDITIONAL TERMS for Jonathan and essentially SWITCH from ROTATIONAL to ARBITRARY system for the PDP and WORSE, for the Nigerian people. lol

First of all who are you to question what he said? Since when did the "Nigerian People" come up with the rotational system?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pengassan Chieftain Kidnapped In Owerri / 13 Containers Of Rocket Launchers Seized in Nigeria / Nigerian Lecturer Jailed For Toronto Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.