Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? (1992 Views)

Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate / El-Rufai: I'm The Governor Of The State; If I'm Not Abused, Who Will Be Abused? / Oshiomhole: We Won’t Lose Edo State If Obaseki Leaves APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by CodeTemplar: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2018
What happens to your state if oil dries up today?

Fellow Nairalander, Lets brag in our effort and stop celebrating allocation crumbs as development.

Debt is killing Nigerian states in the midst of huge allocation the FG doesn't even owe these states.
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by CodeTemplar: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
Will Kano still build mosques and fund Ramadan? Will Akwa Ibom still build huge roundabouts or churches? Mynd44.
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by Xander85: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Will Kano still build mosques and fund Ramadan? Will Akwa Ibom still build huge roundabouts or churches? Mynd44.

If states like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta haven't saved money for the rainy day, then they had better start today! They need to place at least 10% of their derivation into a sovereign wealth fund, part of which would be invested while the other part saved in a interest yielding account.

A state like Bayelsa may have more challenges than others in future due to global warming and rising seal levels, so they need to get their economic enablers like airports, sea ports and power stations in place ASAP!
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by justtoodark: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
foolishness...do you people even know what a barrel of oil is...??...

crude oil is a raw material...you cant use crude oil directly...you have to extract what you need from it....

demand may reduce...but that it will finsh...??

not realy....

and even sef...it doesnt matter...then we go back to agriculture by force....
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by justtoodark: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
i know what you people are playing at...

una can stick una biafra up una arse...

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by gidgiddy: 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
If Oil dries up then there's no need for Nigerian unity any more. We can all go our different ways

As a Biafran supporter, I'm praying this Oil will dry up so that the Northerners will finally see no point to "one Nigeria" which will make it easier for my fellow Igbos to have their own separate country

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by Xander85: 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2018
gidgiddy:
If Oil dries up then there's no need for Nigerian unity any more. We can all go our different ways

As a Biafran supporter, I'm praying this Oil will dry up so that the Northerners will finally see no point to "one Nigeria" which will make it easier for my fellow Igbos to have their own separate country

Bros, are you one of those that think if oyel dries up today then the northerners would see no point in 'one Nigeria' and be relaxed about seeing Igbos leave? You have another think coming!

There are some groups/ethnicities/regions that would still want the colonial contraption to continue if oyel dries up (however they may be more amenable to a little restructuring), this is because they feel more comfortable sharing the same country with certain groups/ethnicities/regions who they see as achievers and highly driven, even though they would never admit it out in the open! The success of the achieving side rubs off on them, so they can afford to relax knowing others are there to cover up their shortcomings!

Check when you hear of 'Nigerians' at home and abroad achieving feats in science/technology, sport, music, academics, banking/finance, diplomacy, etc....90% of them come from a certain side of the country. Now do you think the side that's holding the short end of the stick in all this would want to see the other achieving side detach from them?

Besides, 'one Nigeria' is beneficial to these people not just because of oyel, but also because they can afford to rest on their oars safe in the knowledge that quota-system and federal character would see them secure employment and appointments at the federal level whether they go school or not. Also, 'one nigeria' is sweeting them because over the years they have managed to secure first dibs to all the juicy appointments going in most juicy federally owned/controlled establishments and security outfits like NPA, NNPC, TETFUND, Customs, Army, Police, Judiciary, Abuja, etc!

Finally, we also have the issue of access to the sea. As of today, not only do they have access to the sea courtesy of 'one Nigeria', but they're also controlling the seaports and airports as the icing on a very tasty cake! You think for one moment they wanna give all this up and wave goodbye to Ndigbo or Biafra just because oyel has finished? wink

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by Almaiga: 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
Some States still have untapped mineral resources. But I think all States need to invest heavily in Agriculture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by SolutionMee: 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2018
Suicide, Robbery, Rituals, Genocide, Massacre, Killings, War, Prostitution, Lesbianism, Gaysm, Defection, Decamping, Cyber fraud, Scamming, Hacking e.t.c.

Just to mention but a few

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by CodeTemplar: 10:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
justtoodark:
foolishness...do you people even know what a barrel of oil is...??...

crude oil is a raw material...you cant use crude oil directly...you have to extract what you need from it....

demand may reduce...but that it will finsh...??

not realy....

and even sef...it doesnt matter...then we go back to agriculture by force....
I can see why your moniker is a Just-Too-Dark. Your mind is so dark. So crude is a infinite resource to your dark mind right?

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by justtoodark: 10:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I can see why your moniker is a Just-Too-Dark. Your mind is so dark. So crude is a infinite resource to your dark mind right?

i didnt say that....it could finish....this people are talking of millions of barrels estimated....

you think too much about it....alot of things can happen till then....
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by nku5: 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
I can't wait for oil to finish. Let this Nigerian over-sharp, lazy thinking come to an end.

My state has one of the best road networks, vibrant, commerce, technological base, security and many other selling points that can grow an economy over time.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by CodeTemplar: 3:53am On Sep 22, 2018
nku5:
I can't wait for oil to finish. Let this Nigerian over-sharp, lazy thinking come to an end.

My state has one of the best road networks, vibrant, commerce, technological base, security and many other selling points that can grow an economy over time.
By the time it finishes Nigeria's population may be 450 million. People are migrating in from Hausa speaking Sahara nations.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by CodeTemplar: 3:57am On Sep 22, 2018
justtoodark:

i didnt say that....it could finish....this people are talking of millions of barrels estimated....

you think too much about it....alot of things can happen till then....

That was how Osun state projected oil earnings to remain stable and borrowed heavily against such careless gamble. Today they cant pay salaries well.

We are actually borrowing at a human level becuase by the time oil finishes Nigeria's population may be 450 million. People are migrating in from Hausa speaking Sahara nations.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by Gabriel004: 7:15am On Sep 22, 2018
Xander85:

Bros, are you one of those that think if oyel dries up today then the northerners would see no point in 'one Nigeria' and be relaxed about seeing Igbos leave? You have another think coming!

There are some groups/ethnicities/regions that would still want the colonial contraption to continue if oyel dries up (however they may be more amenable to a little restructuring), this is because they feel more comfortable sharing the same country with certain groups/ethnicities/regions who they see as achievers and highly driven, even though they would never admit it out in the open! The success of the achieving side rubs off on them, so they can afford to relax knowing others are there to cover up their shortcomings!

Check when you hear of 'Nigerians' at home and abroad achieving feats in science/technology, sport, music, academics, banking/finance, diplomacy, etc....90% of them come from a certain side of the country. Now do you think the side that's holding the short end of the stick in all this would want to see the other achieving side detach from them?

Besides, 'one Nigeria' is beneficial to these people not just because of oyel, but also because they can afford to rest on their oars safe in the knowledge that quota-system and federal character would see them secure employment and appointments at the federal level whether they go school or not. Also, 'one nigeria' is sweeting them because over the years they have managed to secure first dibs to all the juicy appointments going in most juicy federally owned/controlled establishments and security outfits like NPA, NNPC, TETFUND, Customs, Army, Police, Judiciary, Abuja, etc!

Finally, we also have the issue of access to the sea. As of today, not only do they have access to the sea courtesy of 'one Nigeria', but they're also controlling the seaports and airports as the icing on a very tasty cake! You think for one moment they wanna give all this up and wave goodbye to Ndigbo or Biafra just because oyel has finished? wink
All these your certain, certain self. Speak up, abut you dey fear reply? Mention the people from your certain, certain region you talk about.
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by nku5: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
By the time it finishes Nigeria's population may be 450 million. People are migrating in from Hausa speaking Sahara nations.

It's a very deliberate strategy to swell voting numbers. Especially in the south. Nigeria is like America to them. The land of opportunity where their brothers are in charge

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by CodeTemplar: 3:57am On Mar 25, 2020
oil prices are down once more.
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by Bighead9: 6:15am On Mar 25, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Kano and the entire North will survive without oil. The North has many untapped mineral resources, which are in commercial quantities. Nasarawa, Plateau, and Zamfara alone can feed this Country with its untapped miniral resources.

I only pitty the East, they contribute nothing to the Economy now, cause they have nothing. How will they survive when the oil dry?

Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by CodeTemplar: 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Oil prices are down and it hasn't dried up yet we are panicky already.
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by flokii: 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
We survived before the advent of oil and we'll definitely survive after oil in what seems to be the post-oil economy.
They say 'necessity is the mother of invention'. we'll get innovative when it becomes necessary to survive.
Re: What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? by CodeTemplar: 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Oil prices is low and revolution is knocking already...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Lambasts Nigerians, Says Change Isn’t About Economic Progress / GODFATHERISM: Imo APC Demystify Rochas As Hope Uzodima Wins! / Nairalanders Donate N1000 Each To Save GTB From Innoson

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.