Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,876 members, 7,841,290 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader (49821 Views)

How I Was Forced To Announce Okorocha Winner Of Senate Seat – INEC REC / Minority Leader, Senator Akpabio Visits President Buhari In London (Pictures) / Senator Akpabio To Be Formally Received Into APC On Thursday - APC UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Shukuakukobambi: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2018
maestroferddi:
Stop deceiving yourself.

Udom will easily win re-election. Power is expected to shift to the Oron nation so drafting another Ibibio candidate to the contest will be counter-productive.

The best APC can do is making a little showing in the presidential election but Buhari will still NOT get up to 25 percent.

Akwa Ibom is a core PDP state. There is little Akpabio possible defection can alter.

cheesy cheesy

I remember your confidence and certitude that he wasn't going to defect. Now you're so sure buhari will not get 25% despite the fact that it took extreme federal might and many APC deaths for the PDP landslide to materialize in 2015 cheesy

Are you Igbo again or Akwa Ibom? cheesy

Well, you might eventually be proved right wink

1 Like

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by surgical: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2018
nzeobi:
the same PDP members APC accused of looting are the ones they are celebrating their defections. politics in nigeria is all about personal interest, i pity nairaland warriors who waste their energy and time defending those who do not care about them.
Their shout of looters has since expired, they only say it for comic relief because they know everyone is now aware of their shenanigan
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by maestroferddi: 10:41am On Aug 05, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

cheesy cheesy

I remember your confidence and certitude that he wasn't going to defect. Now you're so sure buhari will not get 25% despite the fact that it took extreme federal might and many APC deaths for the PDP landslide to materialize in 2015 cheesy

Are you Igbo again or Akwa Ibom? cheesy

Well, you might eventually be proved right wink
If you had any iota of integrity, you should be concerned that APC is using EFCC to arm-twist political opponents into joining its sinking ship.

The last man that did it in the way of endorsement was Abacha and we all know how he ended.
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by maestroferddi: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2018
sacramento1212:

You are the confused one. Oron is NOT under Uyo Senatorial district. It’s only when you have confirmed this and admitted this before i can flaw your arguments. Oron is under EKET SENATORIAL DISTRICT.
Mix up acknowledged....

In any case, the Ibibios call the shots in Akwa Ibom... This will be the time to settle the argument on whole is in charge for the last time.

Akpabio"s defection will unite and galvanize Ibibio forces to fight a common enemy.

This is Akwa Ibom politics...
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by LordAdam16: 10:45am On Aug 05, 2018
mrvitalis:

30% vote is a win for Buhari and that's what he is hoping for... He would lose we know but the margin would be smaller

Reducing pdp vote them finishing them up north ...hope you get the maths now?

Middle Belt nko?

Even without Akpabio decamping, Buhari was always going to get higher margin in the SS in 2019 than in 2015.

The way you guys are salivating as if this is a masterstroke is what I find amusing. Losing NC for marginal increase in the SS is bad politics. The SS is simply exploiting the situation.

But it isn't surprising as you guys are desperate.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by mrvitalis(m): 10:48am On Aug 05, 2018
LordAdam16:

Middle Belt nko?

Even without Akpabio decamping, Buhari was always going to get higher margin in the SS in 2019 than in 2015.

The way you guys are salivating as if this is a masterstroke is what I find amusing. Losing NC for marginal increase in the SS is bad politics. The SS is simply exploiting the situation.

-Lord
Who ever win NC won't win with a net vote of 500k be it apc or pdp... Apc is sure of 40% vote in every NC state and you know that

Honestly I wish pdp had a better candidate but I'm sorry they dont

3 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Bizibi(m): 10:49am On Aug 05, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

una neva see something grin grin They signed Lukaku(Saraki) last week but lost MESSI(Akpabio) This week....

Umana Umana, Nsere Ime, Udo Udoma and Akpabio in Akwa Ibom....I can only say RIP To PDP in Akwa Ibom...
wonderful!!!! He is a saint,all iniquities expunged.....
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Shukuakukobambi: 10:50am On Aug 05, 2018
maestroferddi:
If you had any iota of integrity, you should be concerned that APC is using EFCC to arm-twist political opponents into joining its sinking ship.

The last man that did it in the way of endorsement was Abacha and we all know how he ended.

You're a hypocrite who shouldn't be on any high horse. Abacha didn't set up EFCC, OBJ started it and used it to the fullest to persecute his opponents. I remember when he went to campaign against Dr mimiko, who defected to labour party to actualize his Ambition. OBJ publicly said "I will send EFCC after him" but he's the Grand wizard of PDP in their battle against buhari

I'm no longer deluding myself that corruption can be eradicated in Nigeria so I sleep better now. Is Akpabio the only PDP with skeletons in his cupboard? Until you realize that they all, whether PDP or APC, whether Igbo or yoruba or fulani, whether Christians or Muslims, all politicians are in it for themselves, you'll continue to fool yourself in these matters

I hope Akpabio will come out to denounce this rumor but if it's true, like your people would say, Osetigo cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by samix5050: 10:50am On Aug 05, 2018
When Akpabio said instead of a native doctor child to die because of illness, it's better all the leaves in the bush finish, was he not fighting just to make u the governor, Mr Udom

1 Like

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Bizibi(m): 10:52am On Aug 05, 2018
mrvitalis:

Who ever win NC won't win with a net vote of 500k be it apc or pdp... Apc is sure of 40% vote in every NC state and you know that

APC can't get even 30% in nc,there is a secret motive behind akpabio defection.
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by maestroferddi: 10:54am On Aug 05, 2018
mrvitalis:

Oga, all things being equal, any of the candidates on parade by the PDP at the moment will take Buhari to the cleaners.

We are talking about a tussle involving two northern Muslims...

Buhari should win the core north but his margin of victory will certainly be whittled down.

If they choose Tambuwal, Buhari will be history...I do hear the powerful emirs are secretly backing Tambuwal...
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Uzosaint(m): 10:55am On Aug 05, 2018
So sad!! Wat was Udom Emmanuel thinking (U Neva held a public office and someone single handedly made a state chief executive which he on his own cannot even gather a vote. Akpabio been greedy is not a new thing in new Nigerian politics,I pity The Governor andcPDP,they are in trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by sacramento1212: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2018
maestroferddi:
Mix up acknowledged....

Ok. Back to your previous post, Akpabio deceived the Oronians that power was going to shift to Oron and the more reason why many top shots in Oron Nation left the PDP for APC for feeling betrayed after Akpabio endorsed Udom. Even Nkpubre was highly upset but after Udom emerged, Akpabio told them that Oron should allow Udom govern for 4 yrs and the remaining 4 yrs would be for Oron which you and i know that was deceit and it can never happen.

As it stands, the chances for an Oronian becoming a governor in AKS is very slim under PDP platform except under APC which would still be a serious battle. Remember Nsima Ekere who’s from Ikot Abasi is under Eket senatorial district as well and he’s contesting under APC Platform. If Udom wins 2019 election, power will shift to Uyo senatorial which is going to be for 8 yrs before shifting to Ikot Ekpene senatorial district.

But let us see what strategy would be put in place next year.

1 Like

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by LordAdam16: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2018
modath:

I know you just restrain yasef, you for curse if nor be say na ME. grin

On a more serious note, there is more to politics than mere emotional grandstanding... THERE ARE LEVELS TO ALL THESE THINGSwink & how are you doing? Biz going good?

Which is exactly my point. Politics is a game of interest and you'd do as much as you know you'd get away with. For example, if Dickson falls out of favor with GEJ, he'd decamp like Sylva. When Ibori returned, Ayiri an APC chieftain came to welcome him. SS is core PDP, but politicians would do anything to remain relevant.

The joke is actually on those who think Nigeria can be salvaged. The country is lost.

I'm doing okay. How about you?

-Lord
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Uzosaint(m): 10:59am On Aug 05, 2018
Udom should know he was dining with d devil from d onset he ought to continue playing with d card in fact for nothing else d man made u win@d supreme court, Udom Emmanuel is an ingrate.

1 Like

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Moukandjo: 11:03am On Aug 05, 2018
nzeobi:
the same PDP members APC accused of looting are the ones they are celebrating their defections. politics in nigeria is all about personal interest, i pity nairaland warriors who waste their energy and time defending those who do not care about them.
The same you, who was angry that the government was investigating PDP members & called it witch haunting because to you they aren't corrupt, are the ones sad about defection of one of the "incorrupt" PDP members! Don't you think the APC want Akpabio now because have now agreed with the PDP that he's not corrupt?

3 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by gurnam: 11:03am On Aug 05, 2018
Somehow APC is not exactly interested in the SE states, they are going for the strategic states that can guarantee huge votes especially in the SS.

Delta next stop

2 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by 7lives: 11:03am On Aug 05, 2018
Sirjamo:
OK, I thought this was just a rumor, he's a big catch. Saraki should watch his back, someone is about to go for his jugular.

You SAW tomorrow bro.
With way things are going Saraki's impeachment is now signed sealed and delivered.

1 Like

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by mrvitalis(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2018
maestroferddi:
Oga, all things being equal, any of the candidates on parade by the PDP at the moment will take Buhari to the cleaners.

Buhari should win the core north but his margin of victory will certainly be whittled down.

If they choose Tambuwal, Buhari will be history...I do hear the powerful emirs are secretly backing Tambuwal...
Have you ever been to the north?

2 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by sacramento1212: 11:05am On Aug 05, 2018
maestroferddi:
Mix up acknowledged....

In any case, the Ibibios call the shots in Akwa Ibom... This will be the time to settle the argument on whole is in charge for the last time.

Akpabio"s defection will unite and galvanize Ibibio forces to fight a common enemy.

This is Akwa Ibom politics...

Yes Ibibio calls the shot in Akwa Ibom and forget the way Akpabio insulted victor attah when he was sworn in as the governor. All the resources he looted between 2007 to 2015, victor attah worked for it. The problem i have with the ibibios is their lack of unity but with the way Akpabio treated an avaerage ibibio in the land, it has further caused enemity between an average annang man and ibibio. But i believe ibibios have learnt their lessons and have commenced strategizing to regain back their stand in the state.

Akpabio is only a god in Ikot Ekpene senatorial district. Eket and Uyo senatorial district don’t love him.

2 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Moukandjo: 11:06am On Aug 05, 2018
nzeobi:

is he no longer corrupt ?
you are celebrating now but if tomorrow he finds APC unfavourable and returns to PDP you will still accuse him just like you accused saraki
Simple & honest question: Is Akpabio corrupt to you PDP people?

1 Like

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by gurnam: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2018
maestroferddi:

You are taking like a slave

2 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by maestroferddi: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You're a hypocrite who shouldn't be on any high horse. Abacha didn't set up EFCC, OBJ started it and used it to the fullest to persecute his opponents. I remember when he went to campaign against Dr mimiko, who defected to labour party to actualize his Ambition. OBJ publicly said "I will send EFCC after him" but he's the Grand wizard of PDP in their battle against buhari

I'm no longer deluding myself that corruption can be eradicated in Nigeria so I sleep better now. Is Akpabio the only PDP with skeletons in his cupboard? Until you realize that they all, whether PDP or APC, whether Igbo or yoruba or fulani, whether Christians or Muslims, all politicians are in it for themselves, you'll continue to fool yourself in these matters

I hope Akpabio will come out to denounce this rumor but if it's true, like your people would say, Osetigo cheesy
Fine.

Buhari should stop deceiving people like you that he is fighting corruption or that he has integrity.

Should APC be voted out next year, your current "clean" deceivers will elect to go on self-exile knowing the quantum sleaze they are perpetrating while mouthing buzz words to deceive the gullible...
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Moukandjo: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2018
gurnam:
Somehow APC is not exactly interested in the SE states, they are going for the strategic states that can guarantee huge votes especially in the SS.

Delta next stop
What is APC's business with the enslaved, chest-beating irrelevant 5%-ters with just 5 states? Their South south bosses are extremely more important & that's where the APC is targeting!

4 Likes

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Enice(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2018
odiks:
Governor Udom lambasts Senator Akpabio, as PDP mourns exit of senate minority leader.

Gov. Udom Emmanuel has dismissed his estranged godfather and Senate minority leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, as a greedy, insatiable man who wanted him to be his puppet. He was addressing an emergency PDP stakeholders meeting summoned to address the exit of the former governor from the party.

He told the meeting that he couldn’t surrender the government to the former governor to run from Abuja, hence, their parting of ways. He told the meeting that he did everything to please Akpabio but that he couldn’t be satisfied.

He opened up to the meeting that he had to resort to legal tactics to stop the EFCC from probing how the former governor spent state funds when he was in power but yet he couldn’t be satisfied.

The governor said his estranged godfather is too proud, egoistic and arrogant and that it took him a lot to condone him.

But some of the stakeholders who spoke at the meeting lamented that the party is in big trouble in the state as so many people may follow Akpabio to APC.

A lawmaker hinted that some members of the house of Assembly are on their way out of the party. The meeting agreed that some chieftains of the party be watch listed as they may be moles for Akpabio who’s all out to dislodge Udom from power come next election.

On the 2019 election, the governor told the meeting to brace up for tough and rough times as they are plans by the APC to rig him out of power using federal might and INEC.

The governor was advised to rid the government of all the Akpabio men.

The Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, is defecting from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), a presidential aide has said.

President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Assistant on Prosecution, Okoi Obono-Obla, posted a message on Facebook, Saturday night, saying that Mr Akpabio will be received into APC on Thursday by the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo and other top leaders of the party at a rally in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom state.

https://www.thekillerpunch.com/governor-udom-lambasts-senator-akpabio-pdp-mourns-exit-senate-minority-leader/amp/
tell this lie a thousand times would not make it true.
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Ikpongiton: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2018
Hapigirl1:
Where are all those SANs shouting illegal defection when senators were defecting from APC to PDP?

They should show us how neutral they are by saying the same thing here.
falana come to mind
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by maestroferddi: 11:12am On Aug 05, 2018
gurnam:

You are taking like a slave
You are reading/understanding like a robotic zombie.
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by gurnam: 11:13am On Aug 05, 2018
maestroferddi:
You are reading/understanding like a robotic zombie.

Just like you are writing like a slave.

Churchill really said it all

1 Like

Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by jimcaddy(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2018
Erudite Professor Yemi Osinbajo....
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by komekn(m): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2018
35824L:
APC will take over the government house uyo next year. The formula is simple. Give an Ibibio man the ticket and Akpabio will bring the annang votes to supplement. Udom will surely vacate that office in 2019. APC now has deep roots in rivers and akwa ibom.

This is what you call Democracy.

Do we actually have elections in Nigeria or imposition by rigging. That's why one man and his olll gotten stolen wealth can decide the future of a whole state.

Nigerian democrazy.
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by maestroferddi: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2018
sacramento1212:

Yes Ibibio calls the shot in Akwa Ibom and forget the way Akpabio insulted victor attah when he was sworn in as the governor. All the resources he looted between 2007 to 2015, victor attah worked for it. The problem i have with the ibibios is their lack of unity but with the way Akpabio treated an avaerage ibibio in the land, it has further caused enemity between an average annang man and ibibio. But i believe ibibios have learnt their lessons and have commenced strategizing to regain back their stand in the state.

Akpabio is only a god in Ikot Ekpene senatorial district. Eket and Uyo senatorial district don’t love him.
Good analysis.

We shall now know Akpabio actual clout in Akwa Ibom because the Ibibio nation will be baying to cut him to size.

He has been strutting unchallenged as a godfather before now. Let's see whether the status quo remains...
Re: Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader by Codes151(m): 11:17am On Aug 05, 2018
35824L:
APC will take over the government house uyo next year. The formula is simple. Give an Ibibio man the ticket and Akpabio will bring the annang votes to supplement. Udom will surely vacate that office in 2019. APC now has deep roots in rivers and akwa ibom.
n you forget we have a sharing formula.... Only if it's eket senatorial district else we fight... But if we loose no wahala. Live goes on sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Shares Pictures Of Atiku In USA / Dino Melaye Celebrates His Son, Asiwaju Israel As He Turns A Year Older Today / Buhari’s 100 Days In Office Poll Result By Channels Television

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.