Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,835 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:30 AM

Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. (29507 Views)

Julius Agwu Mocks Nigerian Pastors & The Witches/wizards That Endorsed GEJ / Don Jazzy And E-money Battles For The Richest Nigerian Record Label Owner / Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by MissyB1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2010
Dolemite and Tudòr are very annoying. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by dbigrod(m): 2:57pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=15pt]
Dolemite:

Fake miracles, a little charisma, sexy envangelical team and you're on your way. wink

of course,thats all i need to thrive in the church business.u wanna come on board?may d lord bless u as u join.
[/size]
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Dolemite(f): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2010
d bigrod:

[size=15pt]
of course,thats all i need to thrive in the church business.u wanna come on board?may d lord bless u as u join.
[/size]
Glory hallelujah, the lord has been so good to me, of course i'll join. . . grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by dbigrod(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=15pt]wait o.i like all my members and church officers to be female.are u male or female?[/size]
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Dolemite(f): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2010
d bigrod:

[size=15pt]wait o.i like all my members and church officers to be female.are u male or female?[/size]
Spoken like a real pastor. grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2010
And here I was ready to see TB Joshua's name.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by oge4real(f): 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2010
Our God is a rich God.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2010
oge4real:

Our God is a rich God.
LOL you actually believe that this wealthy was by the act of God.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by TeeJay6(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2010
@poster
so what is the big deal if pastors are wealthy?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
Missy B:

Dolemite and Tudòr are very annoying.  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Haba. . .no vex oo. You are cool though grin i no dey like vex cool pple. grin

spikedcylinder:

Ahhhh! cheesy Ya gotta love this dude and his witty comebacks. Carry on, Tudor. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Akin says hi, by the way. wink

LOL grin grin Say Hi to Akin too for moi cheesy

BTW, about your siggy did kosovo really say that, coz if he did it confirms my earlier suspicion of psychiatric issues going on there. . .
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by dbigrod(m): 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=15pt]
FL Gators:

LOL you actually believe that this wealthy was by the act of God.

abi o.i wonder how they acquired their wealth.do church members now pay salaries to their pastors?or are the tithe and offerings supposed to go the pastors` bank accounts.how can these `men of god `be in possession of these wealth while most of their members lavish in abject poverty.this is the main reason why i want to be a pastor too. smiley  smiley
[/size]
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by bawomolo(m): 1:58am On Jun 22, 2010
Our God is a rich God.

he he is that the lies they are feeding yall now.

i guess christianity is now about financial blessings rather than love and compassion.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by TeeJay6(m): 9:07am On Jun 22, 2010
Where does it say in the bible it is forbidden for a pastor to be wealthy?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by kemisuga(f): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2010
Well it is not a crime to be rich. Some are destined to be rich and some will be poor.
And it is written in the bible, it will be very difficult for a rich man to make heaven (for it will be very difficult for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle). And God says HE will have Mercy upon who he will have Mercy.
Finally, stop using bad words on true Anointed Men of God.

@ Tudor - u naughty indeed. lipsrsealed
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 10:35am On Jun 22, 2010
Tee_Jay:

Where does it say in the bible it is forbidden for a pastor to be wealthy?
"Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money." (1 Timothy 3:2-3).

(1 Timothy 6:5-11)

3.If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and[b] to the doctrine which is according to godliness; [/b]

4.He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5.Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6.[size=32pt] But godliness with contentment is great gain.[/size]

7.[size=16]For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. [/size]

8.[size=32pt]And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.[/size]

9. [size=32pt]"But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. [/size]

10.[size=16] For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
[/size]

11. [size=32pt]But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness."[/size]
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by TeeJay6(m): 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2010
Tudór:

"Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money." (1 Timothy 3:2-3).

(1 Timothy 6:5-11) .
Meaning what? The verse you conveniently quoted says "lover of money" this does not imply ministers of God cannot be rich,
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2010
Tee_Jay:

Meaning what? The verse you conveniently quoted says "lover of money" this does not imply ministers of God cannot be rich,
Did you seriously read the two different quotes of scripture with all the enlarged fonts n' all I gave or are you just living in denial?

bTW, no one has said you cannot be rich, the scripture clearly admonishes people NOT to chase wealth the way these rogues preach wealth and prosperity claiming they are rewards for your giving and seeds. ''Oh give so that doors will open for you'', ''Sow seeds in pastors life, so your business will boom''

In 1 Timothy 6: 1-5 it clearly states we are to stay away from such teachers who teach ''gain is godliness'' and then goes on to say Godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain.

Do you greedy basterds know the meaning of CONTENTMENT??

Down the chapter it discusses the problem with seeking ''wealth and money'' then closes in chapter 11 with a call to the ''man of god'' But thou man of God, FLEE THESE THINGS and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness''

where in the above did it say you should desire billions?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by TeeJay6(m): 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2010
yes the scriptures admonishes contentment and the warning is that those who pursue wealth run the risk of falling into temptations, It does not in any way say a christian or minister is not allowed to be rich.

2corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others

Job 36:11
If they listen and obey God, they will be blessed with prosperity throughout their lives. All their years will be pleasant.

Ecl 5:19
And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life--this is indeed a gift from God.

Deut 8:18
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2010
Tee_Jay:

yes the scriptures admonishes contentment and the warning is that those who pursue wealth run the risk of falling into temptations, It does not in any way say a christian or minister is not allowed to be rich.
1 thimothy chapters 3 and 6 contain criteria for one to be a preacher. What does the word ''FLEE'' mean to you? If the bible says FLEE from sin, what does that mean?

Tee_Jay:

2corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others

i wonder where the above translation was gotten from, here is what is in my NIV bible,

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." (2 Corinthians 9:cool.

Did you Notice the 'NEED' part? Needs are different from WANTS. You Need a car but do you really need 5 SUV's? You need a house but do you really need 5 Houses? You need a shirt, do you need £20,000 suits?

Phillipians 4:19 even says god will supply your NEEDS according to his glory. Your basic needs are met, why lust for more?

It all comes down to CONTENTMENT doesnt it?

Tee_Jay:

Job 36:11
If they listen and obey God, they will be blessed with prosperity throughout their lives. All their years will be pleasant.

hmmm, here's what my NiV bible says. . .
11.If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment.

12. But if they do not listen, they will perish by the sword and die without knowledge." (Job 36:11-12).
Did you notice the CONTENTMENT?

But even then i still wonder why you people translate that prosperity to mean ''financial prosperity''. In verse 12 it clearly states what happens if they dont obey i.e ''perish by the sword'' and ''die without knowledge''.

Does ''perish by the sword'' and ''die without knowledge sound like the opposite of financial wealth to you?

Tee_Jay:

Ecl 5:19
And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life--this is indeed a gift from God.

Mehn, you need to tell me the bible you're using. With the way these con men like Oyakhilome are already publishing their own bibles it wouldnt be far fetched to see them twisting verses therein to suit their scam. . . .

herez ECC 5 : 19 from my NIV
"Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work- this is a gift of God." (Ecclesiastes 5:19).

Ecc5 :19 from my KJV
"Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God." (Ecclesiastes 5:19).

One would think it was quite obvious that these verses say. Using ''Every Man whom God has given wealth'' or ''Moreover WHEN God gives a man wealth''.

Does this Not suggest that wealth and riches are sole perogative of god to give whomever according to his purpose?

Where are we asked to desire, demand and strive for it? Where does this verse say we should go to church every sunday to hear sermons on ''The seven keys to financial prosperity'' ''Divine secret to open heavens and riches'' and so on?

Tee_Jay:

Deut 8:18
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth

What I see here is God being credited as the one who gives wealth, where did it admonish that we strive to be rich??
Or fast and pray to be billonaires??
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by thameamead(f): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2010
shior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Borat1: 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2010
So tudor is male, no?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by LadyDee1(f): 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
Im glad this topis has arisen,

Before una crucify me for dis place! I am a christian,

But I am not a follow follow christian,

Theres a BIG difference!

I go to church, though not every sunday embarassed I pray often and overall would say im a compassionate person to my felow neighbours but
I will not do night vigils, i dont like BIG churches were person go drop for ground vibrate small and proclaim sudden healing of paralysis!!

Church is buisness today, you cant tell which one is genuine or deception anymore,
I have witnessed such nonesense and scandal in these BIG churches and yes among those i have seen is ASHIMOLOWO!

The guy is crooked, he is yet to be caught finally with more evidence, Pisses me off too that his son while i was in secondary school then squandered money on designers for people in my school at the age of 15! To make it worse used to bragg how much his dad was giving him as allowance, cry cry angry angry

Tell me where are fifteen yr old gets $$$$,
Church tithe is pastors son's allowance!!! grin tongue tongue

Do NOT BE DECEIVED!!!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by eros(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2010
Una don start for NAIRALAND again with these attacks on Pastors. Hmmmm!!!! Hmmmmm!!!! When the time come you will wish you never made a comment.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by thameamead(f): 11:04am On Jul 03, 2010
Lady Dee:

Im glad this topis has arisen,

Before una crucify me for dis place! I am a christian,

But I am not a follow follow christian,

Theres a BIG difference!

I go to church, though not every sunday embarassed I pray often and overall would say im a compassionate person to my felow neighbours but
I will not do night vigils, i dont like BIG churches were person go drop for ground vibrate small and proclaim sudden healing of paralysis!!

Church is buisness today, you cant tell which one is genuine or deception anymore,
I have witnessed such nonesense and scandal in these BIG churches and yes among those i have seen is ASHIMOLOWO!

The guy is crooked, he is yet to be caught finally with more evidence, Pisses me off too that his son while i was in secondary school then squandered money on designers for people in my school at the age of 15! To make it worse used to bragg how much his dad was giving him as allowance, cry cry angry angry

Tell me where are fifteen yr old gets $$$$,
Church tithe is pastors son's allowance!!! grin tongue tongue

Do NOT BE DECEIVED!!!

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what about the £2Million pounds that disappeared from the church coffers, he was bn investigated by the Charity Commission in the UK but he played the race card by saying they were sniffing around because the people that worshipped @ his church were predominantly black.

Ashimilowo also threw a mother of all parties for his wife @ the £250 per nite Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane, I saw the pictures in Ovation, Am yet to see one of these so-called pastors build a free primary school in a village for poor people or a free hospital for the less priviledged, these days, they all seem to be setting up private schools for the rich, try reading these book "JESUS CHRIST FOR SALE".

Church business is big business these days even yahoo boys are setting up churches.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by lookdown(f): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2010
god 4give dem 4 dey do not know wat dey re doing
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by KakiP(m): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2010
lookdown:

god 4give dem 4 dey do not know wat dey re doing
Abeg SHUT UP! Nigerians are too religious, are you Jesus?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by JUO(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by abhosts(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or mother, or father, or children, or lands, for my sake, and for the gospel's sake, but he shall receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.  Mark 10:28-30.[/size]
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by oluagness(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2010
May God forgive us o
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by KakiP(m): 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
oluagness:

May God forgive us o
Amen OOO!!! all of us.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by feekieboy: 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2010
to me i feel all siad and said when we get up there ,the truth of the matter shall prevail to everyone of us .For now lets eek Gods forgiveness for our sins ,for him to direct us to the right path and not to the path of those that have gone astrayed.please the prayer should go to the divine that created YOU and those people that that you feel you are better than(coz i know it is definitely one God dat created all of us).Maybe when we all get there we will know who is right or wrong,BUT, it mite be too late.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by skyndyp(f): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2010
***peeps at thread,sees tudor shocked shocked. backs out covering myself with the blood of Jesus*** grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Femi Kuti Breaks World Record With His Saxophone At The African Shrine. Photo / Ini Edo Stuns In Backless Green Dress (photos) / BBNaija's Soma Acquires An Infiniti Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.