Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,130 members, 7,835,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa (1318 Views)

Bola Tinubu Ranks Second In 15 Notable Alumni Of Chicago State University – Edur / Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List / Army Arrests Ikonso’s Second-In-Command During IPOB, ESN Raid In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by ManirBK: 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kwara state has been adjudged as second in infrastructure and economic growth in Nigeria by Africa Report in its July/August issue titled’The State of the States’.Oladipo Magajireports:
Kwara state has been ranked second after Lagos in Nigeria in the latest Progress Report, titled ‘The State of the States’ released by Africa Report in its July/August, 2018 issue.
The Africa Report is an international publication of reference dedicated to African affairs, and is the guide used by decision makers to anticipate economic and political changes in Africa.
The publication is relied upon for the expertise of an independent editorial team in its surveys, sector reports and country focus published in each issue.
According to information available on the Africa Report website- www.theafricareport .com, the survey of Nigeria’s 36 states used fighting poverty, providing access to electricity, facilitating business and raising local revenue as indices.
In terms of Internally Generated Revenue per capita, Kwara ranks seventh out of the 36 states of the federation while it ranks tenth in the ease of doing business. The State also ranks tenth on the poverty index.
In terms of access to electricity, Kwara was ranked third and sixth in number of internet users in the country.
The summation of the indices put Kwara at second position in the progress report. The full report can be found on pages 22 to 26 of the July/August, 2018 edition of the Africa Report.
Responding to the report, Kwara state governor, Alh Abdulfatah Ahmed described Africa Reports’ ranking of the state as the second highest in the country as an affirmation of his administration’s reform programmes and an acknowledgement of its efforts to enhance the welfare, security and prosperity of all citizens and residents.
The governor pledged his preparedness to sustain the administration’s ongoing drive to build a prosperous and sustainable Kwara state for the benefit of current and future generations of Kwarans.

https://leadership.ng/2018/08/05/economic-growth-kwara-ranks-second-in-africa/
Mynd44 lalasticlala oam4j
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by ManirBK: 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
So why Bukola Saraki still complains of juicy appointments being denied Kwara ??
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by Kingosytex(m): 6:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
Saraki's boy is really doing a good job. kudos to kwarans!!!

2 Likes

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
Which Kwara that is ranking second in Africa? The same Kwara that I know that can't stand shoulder to shoulder with Abuja, Enugu, Kano, Portharcourt, Akwa Ibom, Calabar? Not to talk of of Cairo, Johannesburg, Tunis etc?

This report is hereby dismissed as sheer fallacy.

10 Likes

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
The kwara of ilorin i know or is there any kwara in africa.

1 Like

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by hisgrace090: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kwara state, why now?

I smell politics.
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by pyxon(m): 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
Which Kwara? The same Kwara wey I dey like this?
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by midolian(m): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Maybe it's another Kwara...definitely not the one I come from grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by Ingocof(m): 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
ManirBK:
Kwara state has been adjudged as second in infrastructure and economic growth in Nigeria by Africa Report in its July/August issue titled’The State of the States’.Oladipo Magajireports:
Kwara state has been ranked second after Lagos in Nigeria in the latest Progress Report, titled ‘The State of the States’ released by Africa Report in its July/August, 2018 issue.
The Africa Report is an international publication of reference dedicated to African affairs, and is the guide used by decision makers to anticipate economic and political changes in Africa.
The publication is relied upon for the expertise of an independent editorial team in its surveys, sector reports and country focus published in each issue.
According to information available on the Africa Report website- www.theafricareport .com, the survey of Nigeria’s 36 states used fighting poverty, providing access to electricity, facilitating business and raising local revenue as indices.
In terms of Internally Generated Revenue per capita, Kwara ranks seventh out of the 36 states of the federation while it ranks tenth in the ease of doing business. The State also ranks tenth on the poverty index.
In terms of access to electricity, Kwara was ranked third and sixth in number of internet users in the country.
The summation of the indices put Kwara at second position in the progress report. The full report can be found on pages 22 to 26 of the July/August, 2018 edition of the Africa Report.
Responding to the report, Kwara state governor, Alh Abdulfatah Ahmed described Africa Reports’ ranking of the state as the second highest in the country as an affirmation of his administration’s reform programmes and an acknowledgement of its efforts to enhance the welfare, security and prosperity of all citizens and residents.
The governor pledged his preparedness to sustain the administration’s ongoing drive to build a prosperous and sustainable Kwara state for the benefit of current and future generations of Kwarans.

https://leadership.ng/2018/08/05/economic-growth-kwara-ranks-second-in-africa/
Mynd44 lalasticlala oam4j

How much was paid by saraki and Ahmed for this ranking? joke of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
midolian:

The thing weak me
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by Mystiquefia: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
Saraki And The Propagandist PDP At It Again. I Can Bet My Left Ear That Kwara Wouldnt Make Any Objective And Fair List Of Top 10 States With Regard To Infrastructural Proficiency In The North, Let Alone NIGERIA.
WEHDONE PDP, Atleast ipob Pigs Can See Something To Masturbate About Today.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by SKhanmi: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
I think whoever wrote this was just practicing his article writing skills. Some places there haven't caught up with the 19th century yet, Kwara is one of the backward states I've ever set foot into. It's a pity to see people kept under the rule of one family.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by Sirjamo: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
If Kwara is developing faster than Cairo, then, Aba is doing better than Paris
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by gists: 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
Relax guys/ladies.
I am sure they mean second in North Central (Nigeria) grin
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by adem30: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Which Kwara that is ranking second in Africa? The same Kwara that I know that can't stand shoulder to shoulder with Abuja, Enugu, Kano, Portharcourt, Akwa Ibom, Calabar? Not to talk of of Cairo, Johannesburg, Tunis etc?

Kwara can not even stand Osun. We are neighbour so I know what I'm saying

2 Likes

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by johnmartus(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
embarassed God will surely punish all this bloggers that fabricating lying.
TonyeBarcanista:

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by tuniski: 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Reread the post pls.
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by tuniski: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
adem30:

On what?
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by Metuh: 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
adem30:

Osun of debt What have you been smoking of late? grin
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
SARAKI IS TRYING FOR KWARA
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by Almaiga: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kwara, how?

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by modath(f): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
midolian:

See Mido ooo grin grin.. you never know the power of brown envelope na hin dey make you yarn laidat... grin

1 Like

Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by adekennis(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
Not even Lagos...Is there a mixup in the write up..Somebody pls explain.
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by SolutionMee: 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
So many illiterates here on Nairaland

Economic growth is not measured by the numbers of shops littered on the streets of a city but through standard of living, digital enterprise and so on

We're now in a modern era where traditional/mortar-brisk businesses have been replaced with electronic commerce

Many people are comfortably living in Kwara state

Let's be honest with ourselves

Saraki is the atomic bomb of this world war
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by adem30: 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2018
Metuh:

Osun of debt What have you been smoking of late? grin
Go and check the infrastructure of the two state and come back to tell what you are smoking.

When it comes to debt, Osun is not owing more than any SS States, talkless of Lagos
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by adem30: 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
tuniski:

On what?

Infrastructure
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by IsaAbubakar: 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
[s]
modath:

See Mido ooo grin grin.. you never know the power of brown envelope na hin dey make you yarn laidat... grin
[/s]
shatap there and get out
what do you know about economy
this is not the rising and falling of bitcoin
so swerve and continue your crypto mining
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by midolian(m): 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
modath:

Now I know better.. Na only brown envelope fit do this one..because the Kwara I know, if not the grace of God, even trees for no grow
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by EternalTruths: 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

The way Afonjas dey pour our fake information is legendary.
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by IsaAbubakar: 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
[s]
midolian:

[/s]
this is not gworo business

this is strictly for educated people
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by IsaAbubakar: 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
some vagabonds and failed crypto miners failed to read the post.

Hehehehehehe kwara is not a holocaust state while kogi osun are paradise.

bunch of hopeless asslicking nincompoops
quote me and ya mutu angry
Re: Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa by IsaAbubakar: 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
saraki is the best senate president since democracy
Buhari is the worst president since mankind
kiss the truth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angry APC Members Chants Thief On Adams Oshiomole Over The Party Primaries / “I Neither Demolished Mosques Nor Sent Hausa Out Of Anambra” – Peter Obi / APC Rejects Tribunal Ruling On Osun Election, Heads To Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.