Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki (468 Views)

I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki / Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by gistyinka(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
Senate President Bukola Saraki says he is not desperate to stay in office. However, a condition has to be met: his removal must be by two-thirds majority of the upper chamber.

Saraki said this on Wednesday while addressing a ‘World press Conference’ on Tuesday’s siege to the National Assembly by the Department of State Services (DSS).

The Senate President defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in July, sparking calls for his resignation/impeachment by the ruling party.

“The day two-thirds of our members no longer have confidence in us, we will leave this place,” Saraki said as he wound up his speech.

BREAKING: I’ll Leave My Post, If My Impeachment Is By Two-Thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki

Re: BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by FarahAideed: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
These are men of honour speaking ...Can Buhari also swear that he will leave if he is defeated in a free and fair election?
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by dukie25: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2018
Getting two third to remove Saraki is impossible
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

Omo baba Oloye!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Mekanus(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
Hmmm
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
His speech was very sweet until channels cut it off

This guy is Nigeria’s best hope for President in 2019
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by seunmsg(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
Two third did not elect you and two third will not remove. If a simple majority says they don't want you again, leave the seat honorably. You will be impeached by a simple majority that elected you and there is nothing you can do about it. In every democracy, minority will have their say but majority will have their way.
Re: BREAKING: I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki by Mynd44: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2018

(1)

Court Restrains Police IG From Arresting Senate President / Projects President Buhari’s Administration In Undergoing In Each Region / Facts About Mali's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.