Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage (30555 Views)

Guys Get Severe Consequences For Cheating On Women These Days!!! / Lady Shares The Photo Of A Man To Confirm His Relationship Status Before Sex / 9 Lies Married Men Use All The Time To Hit On Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by Blonchilli(m): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
Elder001:

I'm done with you madam.

I don't know why any woman will criticize the lady's tweet.

If you're not financially stable stop disturbing people for marriage -that's her advice.

You're not even supposed to argue with someone that uses Namaste like that my good man. undecided Girls like that are those who will break their husbands back with responsibilities and can't afford to buy bread in the house
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by Arobake: 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
We aren't an island and when some people say "only Nigerian ladies" or "only Nairaland ladies", they are the ones who have to chill.

Also Nairalanders - learning, entertaining, selling, interacting, etc on Nairaland are scattered all over the world.

Igbokiller:
we are Nigerians not british, sorry

Let's deal with our own shii
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by faithsystem(f): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2018
Thanks a lot

Elder001:

I got married in November 2015.

BTW, the best social media platform to find a real man is twitter. So real.

I won't hesitate to inform you if a friend is interested in marriage (people are scared of marriage these days).
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by MrMcJay(m): 1:19am On Aug 23, 2018
spiceadole:

My financial status depends on who I am dealing with.

To my parents and siblings, I am independent.
To the "average,typical Nigerian man",I rather act dependent.
I once picked my bill on a date.. Dude sent me an SMS saying "You insulted me today. I asked you out on a date,you ordered an expensive wine and paid for it, to show me you don't give a damn about me. ".
That was how it ended before it even started.
My friends blamed me.

My ex left me because according to him, I was too independent. I earned only 10K less than him. My salary was more regular.
I could afford to do things for myself (shop for groceries, change my hair, buy airtime, clothes, etc) without asking him for money. And that was quite "UNFEMININE"..It made him feel he was dating a fellow man. Women were not created/meant to be independent else what would they need men for?
He later got married to an OND holder who was teaching in a private nursery school.

She became a full time housewife after the marriage.
The funny thing is :On social media, he is part of those guys who abhor dependent women but encourage women to be financially stable... Meanwhile, he dumped an independent for a dependent one who needs him for everything including drinking water.

The wife of a man who has ego can never be successful. He would always pull her down, stunt her dreams and make her lesser than him in order to massage his useless ego.

It is foolishness for you as a man to marry someone that can't take executive decisions in your absence. I'll rather marry a lady who can hold a board meeting on my behalf in my absence.
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by spiceadole: 3:49am On Aug 23, 2018
MrMcJay:

The wife of a man who has ego can never be successful. He would always pull her down, stunt her dreams and make her lesser than him in order to massage his useless ego.

It is foolishness for you as a man to marry someone that can't take executive decisions in your absence. I'll rather marry a lady who can hold a board meeting on my behalf in my absence.

This is what most guys say on social media.
In reality, they do the opposite.
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by MrMcJay(m): 7:03am On Aug 23, 2018
spiceadole:

This is what most guys say on social media.
In reality, they do the opposite.

Most, not all.
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by Arobake: 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
Then stop painting Nigerian women in bad light. Making them look like they are the worst on earth.
All over the world, women "marry up". A woman marrying "below" her, although not an uncommon phenomenon is Not mainstream (yet), everywhere. .
Igbokiller:

Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by Arobake: 3:12am On Nov 29, 2018
We are not an Island. Nobody is. Sorry. Shi.

Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 29, 2018
StrongandMighty:
Truth of the century

This girl will surely make heaven.

We have checked and can confirm that her name is indeed in the book of life, written with permanent marker.
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by amakabel: 7:45am On Oct 06, 2019

Your mumu no be here.

So it's wrong for a lady to make money? ladies shouldn't make money because they get pregnant and have babies?

Linda ikeji, Paris Hilton, Fulurono alakija and other female billionaires they can't get pregnant or give birth abi?

Women in the west who work and share bills 50/50 with their husbands they don't also get pregnant, right?

This was how one married woman in family section said she can't work because she bleed monthly .

Don't go and make money ,keep depending on men for survival.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits -Albert Einstein

Ode, don't go and make money like your make stay there and be looking for woman that will feed you
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by amakabel: 7:47am On Oct 06, 2019
Rooneyboy:

Your stupidity is topnotch. I'm surprise someone could be this daft.
Na your father daft, idiot
Re: A Lady's Comment On Women's Financial Status Before Marriage by cerpvad(m): 8:18am On Oct 06, 2019
This is a big lie of the century. Ladies need not to be financially successful before considering marriage as it is not a big criteria for them as it is for men. While it is imperative for a man to be financially viable before going into marriage, ladies need not to waste their time in the name of waiting for financial success before marriage. What basically qualify a lady for marriage is ability to have content affection for her man and work with him to give care and love to the children they want to raise together.

Let's stop misleading ladies into thinking that they are burden to their husbands if they(the ladies) aren't yet working or financially successful
nlanded:
Sense would not kill this babe! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Female Rejection Lines / Thread For Beautiful Ladies With Pointed Nose / Maheeda Exposes Her Fat Vagina In Hot Bedroom Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.