Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (66917 Views)

My Wife Lied To Me / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex / Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Caseless: 12:42am On Aug 12, 2018
@aremolekunowo

You actually believed AS can change to AA despite the test saying otherwise? You fall my hand. grin

Divorce your wife, not because she's AS , but because she's a liar. That woman can easily cheat on you. Imagine her parents joining her in the lies; this is the reason I'll even send her home more.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 12, 2018
Talk about the thing you fear the most finally happening to you! The probability of two AS having an SS child is 1/4 but yours happened on first try!

But what I have realized in this life is that when what you fear the most comes your way, it is so that you might deal with it and in the end you will see that you are actually bigger than and can handle that thing.

Op, you cannot change what has happened. The best thing to do is do your best and let God handle the rest. Your child is a gift with a bright future ahead. Just as you are not the one responsible for the air you breathe, you cannot take care of him all by yourself. Throw all your worries to God and he will handle the rest.

As for your wife and her family, continue to pray for them so that they can change.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Boss13: 12:48am On Aug 12, 2018
obi4eze:
Hmm...
This is deep. I really sympathize with you but I think you are to blame. Two different medical laboratories gave her genotype as AS but you still went ahead. Even if you divorce her look at what your poor son would be going through because you weren't a man but bowed to deceptive pressure.
It's your cross. Carry it!

Well said! He has to man up for that boy. However, it is sad to live with a deceptive wife.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Boss13: 12:52am On Aug 12, 2018
Caseless:
@aremolekunowo

You actually believed AS can change to AA despite the test saying otherwise? You fall my hand. grin

Divorce your wife, not because she's AS , but because she's a liar. That woman can easily cheat on you. Imagine her parents joining her in the lies; this is the reason I'll even send her home more.

This is a tough decision, but why would she and her family deceive the young man and coerce him into marriage. What were they trying to achieve. Now the product is an innocent baby who is going to suffer the consequences of selfish and manipulative adults. That baby does not deserve it.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by PefHouse: 12:53am On Aug 12, 2018
tamethem:
Never marry out of pity.

Never allow anyone decide for you on what concerns your life

Never you ignore the importance of Science

You caused it now you bear it.

Nothing. God can't do sha.

A friend who happens to be A Yoruba Radio presenter in Ibadan "Omo Oranmiyan" that's his Radio Name , he once told me they've discovered a potent cure for Sickle cell locally and he has the Mans contact.

I don't know how true this is but he seemed to be serious. I will make enquiry for you and pm you when I'm tru.

Stay blessed and keep praying. As to your marriage , no one will tell u what to do. You are a man

Please stop misleading people. Its shocking how most people think AS-AS is still a death sentence.

Medical Technology in post conception sampling is improving. My guess is in a few years, samples from the fetus can be taken much earlier, read of a research that aims to do that within 2-5weeks of conception (when some ladies don't even know they are pregnant yet), note this does not only affect cases of genotype, it also benefit other forms of genetic anormalies which utilize the same sampling procedure.

So the couple can decide weather to terminate early enough without risk to the mother. Some people would still shout "No Abortion" including the average "slay queen" practicing unsafe sex, that aborts healthy fetus every 3months, and the very next week is back to old habbits.

In a few years this will not even be an issue. Its not that big of an issue right now, for those that are informed. Let no one deceive you or put unnecessary fear in you, If you both are AS and you love yourselves by all means go ahead and get married, just do your research.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:
Greetings to my people of nairalanders, I met my wife around 2015 and we dated for almost a year and attended all the necessary church and family teachings.

She told me she was a single mother, and all the men that dated her before I came to her left her because of that,I promise I won't leave her for having a baby outside wedlock.

The relationship keep on growing and I told her about my AS genotype and I made it clear to her that nothing will make me marry AS lady because of sickle cell children palavar. she told me that she is genotype AA. We continue our relationship did introduction and fixed our wedding date, now a month and two weeks to our wedding we went for mandatory test in our church clinic behold she failed the genotype test it was AS, right there I told her I no dey do again, she rejected the result and claimed vehemently that she is AA. second day we did confirmatory test it was still the same thing.

Her parents called me and told me both of them were AA and there is no way their daughter can be AS gene. they later brought some previous test (fake) of her AA stuff. I was bullied by every one around to go ahead since it was just few weeks to the wedding that it was manipulations, though my spirit was not willing again but I was compelled by all to go ahead that the thing has change back to AA she also said so that it has changed back to original AA. We go ahead and marry sha. She took in immediately after nine month she gave birth to a baby boy which I named Ikechukwu though we are both Yoruba's but I love Igbo people so much because I grew up with many of them. After some months after birth, Ikechukwu begin some strange sickness we begin to take the boy in and outside hospitals, spending the little income I was getting I decided to do Genotype test for d boy my wife resist it but I went ahead behold it was SS(sickle cell)

immediately I show her the result she went on her knees begging me, I called her father and informed him about it he invites me to his place and he too was begging me that he was also AS and not AA as he claimed before; now every is begging me again that I should not break my marriage that is based on deception, I have done everything that will make her leave my house except violent she refused to go. Every one is bullying me and begging me again, now non of them have supported me in any way for the boy expensive treatment.

IK is now a year old, am not willing to have another child with her again, please my people what should I do , and what's the best way to make her leave my house for at leat 2 to 3 years? please advice your brother and son, thanks and sorry for the long epistle God bless you all.

Get a divorce.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 12, 2018
nurey:
my sister is SS, we didn't even find out until she was 26years.

She has 2 children who are also SS and it hasn't been a burden one is 2years the other should be 5years.

SS can be managed and isn't a death sentence. Don't panic, manage the situation for the sake of the family

Please OP, don't listen to this poster. Why would someone deliberately give himself stress?

Did you read the part of his story where he said his son is now very sick and nobody has supported him in paying the little boy's medical bills?

Illiterate like you!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by baddosky1: 1:07am On Aug 12, 2018
Af0nja people will scam everything!

They scam credit card scam oluwole certificate (Adeosun) and now scam Genotype test?
WTF is wrong with these people?
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by MrDKR(m): 1:08am On Aug 12, 2018
Oga OP, you self no try at all... Clearly, you are knowledgeable about genotype matching... Why fall cheaply for der lie-lie stories??
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by yetty247(f): 1:09am On Aug 12, 2018
Contact me on 09021408991 I heard someone talking about the cure last week I can help connect you with the person
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by yetty247(f): 1:09am On Aug 12, 2018
Contact me on 09021408991 I heard someone talking about the cure last week I can help connect you with the person
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by papagiddy(m): 1:10am On Aug 12, 2018
since the marriage was built on lies by her and her parents, then just walk away,....THERE WAS NO MARRIGE AT ALL !!!!
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by anitank(f): 1:19am On Aug 12, 2018
Which church agreed to wed you after a mandatory genotype test that came out AS-AS??

Op sounds like a good man, too bad they took advantage of his kindness. The fact you’re still asking what to do means you’re too good to a fault. I wouldn’t spend an extra day or night with a partner who lied to me about something as huge as genotype. IK is only a year old, brace yourself because you’re in for one hell of a rollacoster ride. I’ve been with sickle cell patients and I’ve seen the pain they go through, young or old.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by MrDKR(m): 1:23am On Aug 12, 2018
PefHouse:
Why are many people ignorant about this issue, you had the opportunity even after u married, your lack of research is mind boggling.

I will still advice any AS-AS couple to go ahead with marriage if it will make them happy, just know your options. I know several couples who are both AS and have many children, one couple even has 5 kids, free of SS and they are happier than any AA couple I couple I know. Go ahead with your wife and check the genotype of your child before birth

Here are ur missed opportunities

- You married without a plan even after u knew both of u were AS. I laughed at the part that she failed the test, did u pass the test?
- After marriage you decided to conceived without exploring other conception options like genetic selection and IVF
- You conceived without doing a check on the genotype of the fetus at 10-12 weeks CVS
- You refused to check again at 12-15 weeks ameosynthesis
- You are making another mistake by destroying your home and still not researching how u can avoid the problem next time.

Go and get professional medical advice, speak to a genetist, its not all problems u bring to nairaland, more than half here are ignorant, but will still advice u anyway.

Mend your marriage and do your research, anyone still giving birth to SS children in 2018 shd be prosecuted, you either know your options, come to terms with them and plan. OR u avoid the marriage.

Infact, anyone who haz given birth to SS Children from year 2000 should be jailed!
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Berankis: 1:24am On Aug 12, 2018
I think this problem resulted from this your "everyone bullying me", "everyone begging me"....
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by 9jabull: 1:25am On Aug 12, 2018
To avoid wasting money on drugs and stress you better divorce her unless you don't plan to have born more, the probability that you will have one or two more SS is their.
You can leave the house for her since she refuse to leave but take care of your baby.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Cooleasy(m): 1:29am On Aug 12, 2018
victorian:

Ha! Have seen much blood that will last me for a life time.
I tell God when my second brother was about giving up in my arms, that God if I see another death around me, I will just loose it. I won't be able to take it anymore. Please let these deaths stop! Those periods was heartwrenching. I pray no one witness their loved ones dying on their arms.. It's a terrible thing to go through in life. The helplessness cannot be described. cry May God help us.

Amen and amen to the bolded. Amen Lord Jesus.. Thank you.
God bless you amen

Amen dear. Your experiences are deeeeeep.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by elonize(m): 1:47am On Aug 12, 2018
D woman n her parents are devils, dat woman can kill,oga u beta run frm dat marriage, file for divorce, or na tinkin go mk u old n die quik
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by elonize(m): 1:48am On Aug 12, 2018
9jabull:
To avoid wasting money on drugs and stress you better divorce her unless you don't plan to have born more, the probability that you will have one or two more SS is their.
You can leave the house for her since she refuse to leave but take care of your baby.
.dat woman can kill n d parents too will bak her up

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Rhea(f): 1:59am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:
Greetings to my people of nairalanders, I met my wife around 2015 and we dated for almost a year and attended all the necessary church and family teachings.

She told me she was a single mother, and all the men that dated her before I came to her left her because of that,I promise I won't leave her for having a baby outside wedlock.

The relationship keep on growing and I told her about my AS genotype and I made it clear to her that nothing will make me marry AS lady because of sickle cell children palavar. she told me that she is genotype AA. We continue our relationship did introduction and fixed our wedding date, now a month and two weeks to our wedding we went for mandatory test in our church clinic behold she failed the genotype test it was AS, right there I told her I no dey do again, she rejected the result and claimed vehemently that she is AA. second day we did confirmatory test it was still the same thing.

Her parents called me and told me both of them were AA and there is no way their daughter can be AS gene. they later brought some previous test (fake) of her AA stuff. I was bullied by every one around to go ahead since it was just few weeks to the wedding that it was manipulations, though my spirit was not willing again but I was compelled by all to go ahead that the thing has change back to AA she also said so that it has changed back to original AA. We go ahead and marry sha. She took in immediately after nine month she gave birth to a baby boy which I named Ikechukwu though we are both Yoruba's but I love Igbo people so much because I grew up with many of them. After some months after birth, Ikechukwu begin some strange sickness we begin to take the boy in and outside hospitals, spending the little income I was getting I decided to do Genotype test for d boy my wife resist it but I went ahead behold it was SS(sickle cell)

immediately I show her the result she went on her knees begging me, I called her father and informed him about it he invites me to his place and he too was begging me that he was also AS and not AA as he claimed before; now every is begging me again that I should not break my marriage that is based on deception, I have done everything that will make her leave my house except violent she refused to go. Every one is bullying me and begging me again, now non of them have supported me in any way for the boy expensive treatment.

IK is now a year old, am not willing to have another child with her again, please my people what should I do , and what's the best way to make her leave my house for at leat 2 to 3 years? please advice your brother and son, thanks and sorry for the long epistle God bless you all.

If I were in your shoes, I would be doing a paternity test before doing a genotype test. Behind one lie is a trailer load of lies.
Just saying cool

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:

U are Naive. Very Naive.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Idrismusty97(m): 2:01am On Aug 12, 2018
phase1:

Lol..
Yes Sickle cell disease can also be called 'Black man's disease. The Caucasian genes do not carry the sickle genes and suffer sickle cell disease. I'll tell you why. Natural evolution

Evolution in it's bid to ensure the black race does not go into extinction due to malaria caused by Plasmodium sp made the black man 'develop' sickle genes 'AS'. This sickle genes made it difficult for malaria parasites to survive whence they enter the red cells. Red cells naturally live for 120 days but once the parasite enters a red cells in a man with sickle gene 'AS', a natural cascade is innately engineered to force that red cells to 'auto-destruct' by becoming gradually sickle and 'kills itself' and the malaria parasite within it. This ensures the parasite doesn't live long enough to multiply and cause more problems for the patient and it also explains why AS genotypes hardly suffer severe malaria symptoms and ultimately explains why black Africans in general had survived malaria but the malaria parasite kept the white man from being able to enter Africa and colonize it until they developed quinine from bark of Cinchona trees found in central and southern America.

Unfortunately when nature tries to solve a problem by evolution it may unknowingly create another to 'balance out' issues. It created AS to save the black man from extinction but when AS 'clashes' with another AS, the sickle genes become dominant in 25% of cases in offsprings and get 'turn on' permanently as they now SS. The red cells become permanently 'sickle shaped', cannot live up to 120 days and cannot carry enough oxygen.

The white man ab initio didn't need nature's protection from the parasite as malaria was not a problem in his natural habitat so he didn't need the protective 'sickle gene' to fight malaria. White people are majorly AA.
This is very educative.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by candelahria(f): 2:05am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:

IK is now a year old, am not willing to have another child with her again, please my people what should I do , and what's the best way to make her leave my house for at leat 2 to 3 years? please advice your brother and son, thanks and sorry for the long epistle God bless you all.Wicked woman angry

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Queenext: 2:17am On Aug 12, 2018
The lies and fraud is a good reason for divorce.

Those saying you shouldn't seek divorce, are enemies of you.

Most times,we look at the time,and resources spent to make a right decision.

Bro,flee from her,she's desperate
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by erico2k2(m): 2:18am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:

Void the marriage based on the ciception, however look after your soon to the best of your ability.You my friend is responsible for your own happyness, no one else is.
PS. My Grand Mum frm my dad's side had nine kids, only my Dad and his younger bro survived, seven siblings passed away, they lebeled her a withc and drove her out,, it was when my dad got educated proper that he and his bro did t winkest and realized they where AA but thier Mum was As and thier dad was AS, so the rest seven siblings where SS, hence they died at a young age.So my friend love can be blind but it that blind that you cannot see.God just opened an avenue to xcape future suffering.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by erico2k2(m): 2:19am On Aug 12, 2018
Queenext:
The lies and fraud is a good reason for divorce.

Those saying you shouldn't seek divorce, are enemies of you.

Most times,we look at the time,and resources spent to make a right decision.

Bro,flee from her,she's desperate
Seriously I dont realy see any Enemies here, however people are giving thier advice based on personal expiriences.Some people you see here are still living with thier Mum and Dad let alone married!what do you xpect
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by erico2k2(m): 2:27am On Aug 12, 2018
PefHouse:

Please stop misleading people. Its shocking how most people think AS-AS is still a death sentence.

Medical Technology in post conception sampling is improving. My guess is in a few years, samples from the fetus can be taken much earlier, read of a research that aims to do that within 2-5weeks of conception (when some ladies don't even know they are pregnant yet), note this does not only affect cases of genotype, it also benefit other forms of genetic anormalies which utilize the same sampling procedure.

So the couple can decide weather to terminate early enough without risk to the mother. Some people would still shout "No Abortion" including the average "slay queen" practicing unsafe sex, that aborts healthy fetus every 3months, and the very next week is back to old habbits.

In a few years this will not even be an issue. Its not that big of an issue right now, for those that are informed. Let no one deceive you or put unnecessary fear in you, If you both are AS and you love yourselves by all means go ahead and get married, just do your research.
We are talking NIGERIA and an average SALARY EARNER,
those proceedures are bank wrecking, though it could be done but MONEy will burn.In the west most women have this for free cos its cheaoer than looking after an SS child.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by erico2k2(m): 2:28am On Aug 12, 2018
nurey:
my sister is SS, we didn't even find out until she was 26years.

She has 2 children who are also SS and it hasn't been a burden one is 2years the other should be 5years.

SS can be managed and isn't a death sentence. Don't panic, manage the situation for the sake of the family
You are right, I have seen same too however if you guys knew she was SS when she was 10 years old, Im very sure you would have chosen an AA person for her.you wont take the risk
cos my people say stick wey you see nor fit chuk your eye again. shocked
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by segler: 2:28am On Aug 12, 2018
Aremolekunowo:

My broda, i had a very similar case to yours in 2013 when i was getting married, lies about genotype and fake results. Everyone were against me stopping the marriage but, the only difference is that i have 2 kids now a boy (4.5 years old, genotype: AS)and a girl 1.5 year old genotype: AA).
I was only lucky, it wasn't a good idea. Now, no more kids from her.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by nothingspoil70: 2:29am On Aug 12, 2018
Yoruba naming his son Ikechukwu? Do you live in Aba or Owerri? Are you sure you were not bullied to give that boy that name?
FAKE STORY
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Genotype by Sadiyaene(f): 2:32am On Aug 12, 2018
Hmmm brother, u cannot come and go n kill urself, I'm just bothered for the little boy u both brother to this world to come and suffer embarassed God is ur strength oo as for that ur wife, she no try at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? / Man Dumps Police Wife After Hot Sex With Single Mother / Glynn Wolfe: The World's Most Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.