Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? (49350 Views)

How Much Should I Expect To Pay To Replace An Alternator On 2012 Toyota Avensis / Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis / I Want To Buy A Small Bus From Ladipo What Documents Do I Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by sacramento1212: 7:40am On Sep 20, 2019
radautoworks:
This was a Ford F150 which wouldn't shift into second gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Y5g0F1_AQ
First we took it apart and diagnosed it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGjK8G031E

THEN WE FIXED IT! Customer didn't even need to buy a part. what did YOU do today grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m50pO1HqwQk
And again just because grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q97HlphEPsk

Transmission now has a 1 Year warranty

Nice one ma’am. Provided the cost of repairs wasn’t close or up to the cost of a Tokunbo Gear box

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 7:41am On Sep 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Nice one ma’am. Provided the cost of repairs wasn’t close or up to the cost of a Tokunbo Gear box

If I remember it was about 100k but don't quote me on that. I'll try to find the work order and post it today.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 7:42am On Sep 20, 2019
Jaydeehena:
Will call tomorrow, it's close of business already.

I'll be there after 10am today.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by sacramento1212: 7:50am On Sep 20, 2019
radautoworks:

If I remember it was about 100k but don't quote me on that. I'll try to find the work order and post it today.

Okay, it’s because of the aspect of cost in repairs and concerns about doing a satisfactory job that makes many just proceed to a Tokunbo gearbox whenever there are issues with it. But when you troubleshoot, you discover that it was only just a minor problem that could easily be fixed. But competent hands has always been the problem

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 9:36am On Sep 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Yup, labor was only N50,000. Rest was gear oil and transmission fluid.

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by sacramento1212: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2019
radautoworks:

Splendid ma'am. So what was the duration of the Job?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Splendid ma'am. So what was the duration of the Job?

About 10 hours. Stated on invoice. But he got it done under that.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
Jaydeehena:
Will call tomorrow, it's close of business already.

I'm here
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by mcvities(m): 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2019
radautoworks:

Hello, you need to take it to a shop or friend with an OBD scanner to see what's causing the problem.

I don't know about BEST but considering the age of your car, if it's over 100,000 miles and has not been abused with the wrong oil any decent synthetic or high mileage synthetic should do.

Ours is N17,410 for the 5qt jug (you only need 3.9qt).

Conventional is N10,152

Please, which is conventional and can you give an example.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
mcvities:

Please, which is conventional and can you give an example.

I think it's what Nigerians call mineral oil
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by seunoj: 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
radautoworks:

I think it's what Nigerians call mineral oil

Post your oil deal o.
I have things to buy I dey wait to buy all together for cheaper delivery cost
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
seunoj:

Post your oil deal o.
I have things to buy I dey wait to buy all together for cheaper delivery cost

If it's up to 45k, delivery is free...
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2019
DEGREE2466:

Hi, how much to change 06 corolla complete exhaust pipe with OEM tokumbo part

Hello,

Is this what you mean? http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WAL&partNumber=53720
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by DEGREE2466(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2019
DEGREE2466:

Yes!

radautoworks:

Hello,

Is this what you mean? http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WAL&partNumber=53720

Walker Quiet-Flow SS Muffler Assembly; Premium - Limited Lifetime Warranty N71,051

Labor 1 hour (N5,000)
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by DEGREE2466(m): 4:13am On Sep 26, 2019
radautoworks:

Walker Quiet-Flow SS Muffler Assembly; Premium - Limited Lifetime Warranty N71,051

Labor 1 hour (N5,000)

Thank you. I will reach out to you when I have the money

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Kreamie(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2019
Hi ma’am, that of a RAV4, 2007 model, how much does the muffler go for? Thank you.
radautoworks:

Labor 1 hour (N5,000)
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Another example for a 2012 Ford Escape. This was for front and rear brake pads, front sway bar links, inner tie rods, air filter, brake light bulbs and an alignment. PHEW! As always, customer had warranty on all parts. .

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Kreamie(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hi ma’am. RAV4, 2007 model, how much does the exhaust/muffler Array go for? Thank you.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2019
Kreamie:
Hi ma’am. RAV4, 2007 model, how much does the exhaust/muffler Array go for? Thank you.

Good morning. I'm so sorry. I saw your request yesterday, started to answer it and got distracted. It's been crazy at the shop lately!
Walker Quiet-Flow Muffler Assembly Premium - Limited Lifetime Warranty
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WAL&partNumber=54331 N173,904
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Kreamie(m): 8:35am On Sep 27, 2019
It’s alright ma’am. Thanks a lot for the response. Crazy = Inflow of cash lol.

174k!! Ha!! cry

Is it currently in stock?
radautoworks:

Good morning. I'm so sorry. I saw your request yesterday, started to answer it and got distracted. It's been crazy at the shop lately!
Walker Quiet-Flow Muffler Assembly Premium - Limited Lifetime Warranty
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WAL&partNumber=54331 N173,904
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by jarkbauer: 8:48am On Sep 27, 2019
Kreamie:

174k!! Ha!! cry

what wrong with your muffler. that thing too common with RAV4s My neighbour had similar experience, the thing is expensive he changed his with tokunbor 140k
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Kreamie(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2019
It makes a throaty sound when it revs. Makes the car noisy. Was told to get the toks for 100k but I don’t trust those things they call ‘toks’ sadly.. cry
jarkbauer:

what wrong with your muffler. that thing too common with RAV4s My neighbour had similar experience, the thing is expensive he changed his with tokunbor 140k
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Kreamie:

174k!! Ha!! cry

No, it will be 7-14 day delivery
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
radautoworks:

We have a special right now of buy one get one 60% off that's why the second is so cheap. 4matic is more expensive. Also, our control arms come with the ball joints.
Hehehe so how much would my 2001 E 320 front shocks cost now?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
radautoworks:

If I give my mechanic 50k, he'll dismantle my car and recouple it up ten times.... Beeni...
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Just take 60% off the second one
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
Smartchoiice:

If I give my mechanic 50k, he'll dismantle my car and recouple it up ten times.... Beeni...

That's why you make the smart choice grin
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Just take 60% off the second one
How much is the first one?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
radautoworks:

That's why you make the smart choice grin
Where do you get this energy from?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Blacklaurel: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
Weldone ma'am, please what's the estimate if I want to change the shocks of an 07camry? Both tear and front. Parts and labour o
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Monroe OESpectrum Monotube Shock Absorber; w/o Sport Suspension; Recommended OE Application http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MON&partNumber=39020 N116,508 N81,556 2 year warranty

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video) / 2020 4th Generation Mitsubishi Pajero Sport SUV Launched In Lagos / 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.