Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,960 members, 7,838,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (18235 Views)

Interesting Message Or Heresy: Pst Chris Says Jesus Is No Longer The Way / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2010
CGKing:

Ok let me answer and I hope im not drawing the thread back

No. . .you aren't.Just answer the questions.

[b]Understand that these two subjects are sources of historical knowledge and its not wrong to have them both when looking into man's past. Just because they may seem to conflict a little here and a little there doent mean we should disapprove one over the other. We have to keep studying them. The bible and archeology are windows into the past. Understand that man grew in understanding or as we may say, from an uncivilised era of thinking to modernity; that is to say, the bible is a document whose record began at a certain time of civilisation.  if you ve read the bible properly, you'd notice that there seems to be a beginning before the beginning of the bible as Moses wrote it.

Also there are millions of places where the bible and archeology agree, on events animals that once lived on earth, etc. I believe that the two go hand in hand as historical sources, with the bible being a more credible source.

My main point her is simple: The bible never said the world is 5000 years old. It only recoreded from that time.
[/b]
I am aware that there was a beginning before Moses added his piece else why did i talk about Adam,Cain and Noah?And please state the "millions of places" in the bible where archeology is mentioned.Perhaps i'm missing something.You say the bible doesn't quote the time frame of creation but numerous pastors keep claiming the same thing all the time during service.Also, if you calculate the genealogy from the time the bible claims creation started, through the old to new testament and the present day, it falls within that time frame. . .so what on earth are you talking about?

Well from what i have read and understood, Cain married his sister.  I have also discovered that historians of old as well as their culture played down on women, and the stems of that can be seem today in china, india some other Asian countries. Much of that time only recognised and or recorded men. and that could be the reason y sometimes there apeared to be some dark sides of the story. But you analyse it for urself, Adam lived for a long time, alot could have happened during his time.

Again, this is what i detest about nairaland.Read my question again and make an effort to UNDERSTAND before you type.In my question, i asked who the people in the land of Nod where, who Cain married and also asked if it was his sister or animals he married.Why do you people like to twist everything upside down instead of answering straight forward questions? Just answer the questions head on and leave the twisting.It's boring to repeat myself over and over and over again.

You are not thining deeply enough. The bible never said that all species were of animals or organisams were saved. And judging from Noah's decent, the earth wasnt completely occupied rationally speaking. They werent up to 20 billion as we are today, they were concerntrated in a portion of the earth. Be rational  Speaking of feat, where did u think God was? If He were a supernatural being as was recorded, dont you think He was working too? You imagine, everthing God created was in a  tiny spot of the earth, the Eden Garden. How would you xplain of man , animals and plants from that spot? None  other than the study of the science of migration of man and beast and pollination for plants. as well as farming.

i think you condemed the bible even before you first opened it.

I am not thinking deeply enough? Do you even know the meaning of what you just typed? Only a deep thinker will put up the kind of posts i have put here.Only someone who refuses to be a naive vegetable/dunce will take on topics that most people including yourself are scared to address even though deep down in your mind, you have asked yourselves the same questions at some point in your life.Talking about condemning the bible, i have read,researched and sunk myself deeper into biblical issues than you can ever imagine.I have ate,drank and impregnated the bible and there's nothing you can quote from your bible whereby i won't have at least 3-5 discrepancies to challenge your argument.Why are people always like this? They have nothing to contribute and instead of admitting that or moving to another thread, they bring up childish sentiments.I asked simple questions.ALL I NEED IS A SIMPLE ANSWER NOT SENTIMENTS! What is so hard about that?

Bro, i think you are confused. Did Jesus not accept offerings in the new testament of the bible? Where is the line btw the new and the old testament? Do you know where it is? You think it starts from Mathew, abi? The new testament of the book is not the new testament of religion or the worship of God. The new testament began when Jesus died and rose again. That is the christian's new testament. There is a lot to say bro, u really have to read your bible first before doing this.

Please quote where Jesus asked the congregation to bring their tithes,offerings and pledges to the house of god in order to receive "divine blessings".This is how you people keep misquoting the bible to suit your needs. . .the same thing you people preach against.

Bro, I have a revelation of who God is and i will share it with you. God is love. Total Love. He loved man before He created man and he wanted man to love Him back So He had to create man with full consciousness. Of course He knew the repercussions, but between the balance of His love for man and the fact that man could love him and know him and the possibility of redemption from the evils we have today, there was hope. You cant say becos of the fear of giving birth to a gay child or a criminal, then you aint bearing children. You can find hope somewhere that it aint gonna be your own child.  i believe this is Widom, that he created man. I am thankful to be here today. I am thankful God gave us a chance, hoping we will redeem ourselves

Is this what you call a revelation? Do you know what revelation means? My goodness! ! !

(6)The people who brought us Christianity also brought guns,liquor and slave trade (i don't know about you but that doesn't sound "holy-like" to me).They superimposed their religion on the black folks as a means of control.The same people who brought us their religion don't take it as serious as we do.I might be wrong but Nigeria to the best of my knowledge is the most prayerful/religious country in the world (there is hardly any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches or fellowships) and yet, with all the abundance of religion, we are the most cold hearted people to our fellow human beings! Christianity as we know it today originated from the Catholic church whose practices are chiefly unorthodox or in plain English. . .idol worship (how else can you explain worshiping a graven image of Mary, praying to saints,kissing the rings and feet of priests and the rosary. . .all of which aren't mentioned in the bible). Christians all claim to be worshiping one god. . .why then can't a Christ Embassy worshiper spend a few Sundays at Celestial Church of Christ? Why can't a C.A.C Pastor minister in Assemblies of God? Why can't Winners Chapel members worship in K&S? Or are there different gods? Are the so called Christians confused? Please explain these few questions satisfactorily and i'll hold my peace.

[b]Bro, you need not be confused. If you say all christians  must come together and mix i'd say except three is a limit, there wont be any success in the mix. There is such a thing as doctrine and this is the foundattion of each ministry you see today. The Catholics, if you read their history wanted a unified body of christian and it only broght chaos and sufferings and death. They wanted a unification of all religions and that brought about a corruption of the truths of old. It will never work that way. The diversity of revelations that produces doctrines  for each ministry is what, I believe is making the church thrive. The Bible says, God gave to some apostles, some teachers, some the gifts of healing and diverse gifts for the edifying of the church. The diverse gifts given to each one of us, RCCG, Christ Embassy, Deeper etc can  functioning independently yet part of one body of God, the church. More like the the system of the human body. This is God's desgn. The bible talks about  diferent churches too is the time of Paul the apostles.

That the whites brought christianity to us and now we seem to be champions of it is a remarkable, enlightening and sensational  happening. Its a story i love. Its not a failure of religion or christiainity but a failure in humanity. Its human behaviour and it happens everyday in our societies. I heard of a founder of a party who decamped to PDP, aint that funny.

Before the whites came, what we called our religion was bondage to unseen forces controlling this world. What makes the difference btw the white man and the black man today is not the color of the skin? Its just something  that the normal eyes cannot explain. We have intelligent blacks, enourmouse unused resources yet the black  man is in bondage, even in his own home. Have u never wondered why? Why has Nigeria, even with so much wealth and potentials suffered like a slave for so long? I ll tell u why. Becos of the bondage our fathers subjected us to by serving evil and unseen forces of the world. These unseen demonic worship has held us for so long.  But not anymore. We now have the religion of the white. The true religion. Jesus Christ and having saturated our towns and cities this much for this while, Nigeia will be redeemed. To take her position in the world.  Somehow, by God's grace, it will be.
[/b]

This is one of the most pathetic arguments i have ever read on NL.I have on advice for you though.Since you are a Christian, try to read your bible very well and understand the contents properly before you come here to embarrass serious bible readers. I was once a Christian and if i might add, a very strong one. . , All your arguments are lame and an embarrassment to so called Christians.Have a nice nite.

No quams.

Cheers!  

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2010
enitan2002:

@ mazaje and harakiri,

you guys have said it all. I beleive there's existence of the supreme being, but I have from the onset doubted the genuity of the book called bible. I stopped going to church way back 2002, and i can say i fare better. I understand spiritual matters now better than when i was in the church. Jesus himself said, let the dead continue to bury their dead, for those who have eyes, make use of them.

Thumbs up for you guys.

Congratulations for stopping to go to church and faring better because of that.But incase you ever come back to post here, ask yourself, wat if all the story u ar told in church (pls forget the bad guys who mess things up), wat if eventually its truth?

As for the arguments here, I have provided evidence that the world is an organised art and every organised art is a product of intelligent design. I am yet to see tudor (by the way whats the meaning of that word or name "tudor), harakiri and majaze prove me otherwise

I would like to believe that they have accepted my theory of intelligent design or that at least they think and accept within themselves that Someone, a supreme being actually created the world. Like harakiri said, he only wants proof that the guy behind the intelligence of the world is the Supreme being revealed from Isreal.

I would never crucify harakiri if that is the context of this argument. Why? The hindi, the shintoist, the several religions, even my old uncle in the village, all believe a different thing. So how do I prove that the Creator revealed from Isreal is actually the supreme being behind the design of this earth?

This is the point where I would tell you that I've got nothing to say. Its not more of making statements or quoting scriptures, its more of show me some proof, either a demonstration or a scientific evidence.

It is at this point I will like to behave like the father of Gideon. I would never defend my G in heaven. Let Him prove Himself to harakiri and co, who are confused about the G to believe in. And as I've said before, guys its only a matter of time. No rush. the real G behind the creation will prove Himself

I rest my case
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2010
bros1234:

Congratulations for stopping to go to church and faring better because of that.But incase you ever come back to post here, ask yourself, wat if all the story u ar told in church (pls forget the bad guys who mess things up), wat if eventually its truth?

As for the arguments here, I have provided evidence that the world is an organised art and every organised art is a product of intelligent design. I am yet to see tudor (by the way whats the meaning of that word or name "tudor), harakiri and majaze prove me otherwise

I would like to believe that they have accepted my theory of intelligent design or that at least they think and accept within themselves that Someone, a supreme being actually created the world. Like harakiri said, he only wants proof that the guy behind the intelligence of the world is the Supreme being revealed from Isreal.

I would never crucify harakiri if that is the context of this argument. Why? The hindi, the shintoist, the several religions, even my old uncle in the village, all believe a different thing. So how do I prove that the Creator revealed from Isreal is actually the supreme being behind the design of this earth?

This is the point where I would tell you that I've got nothing to say. Its not more of making statements or quoting scriptures, its more of show me some proof, either a demonstration or a scientific evidence.

It is at this point I will like to behave like the father of Gideon. I would never defend my G in heaven. Let Him prove Himself to harakiri and co, who are confused about the G to believe in. And as I've said before, guys its only a matter of time. No rush. the real G behind the creation will prove Himself

I rest my case
Mr man, stop being intellectually lazy. . .

You provided NO Proof anywhere. . .running off when asked to defend your point then mouthing off about how you presented ''evidence'' is just not ok.

Answer the simple question I posed to you and stop dancing around.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 12:47am On Jun 27, 2010
Tudór:

Mr man, stop being intellectually lazy. . .

You provided NO Proof anywhere. . .running off when asked to defend your point then mouthing off about how you presented ''evidence'' is just not ok.

Answer the simple question I posed to you and stop dancing around.

I dont get you mr. did u really ask me a question? Sorry, what was it?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Joagbaje(m): 2:55am On Jun 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Joagbaje:

Here again in support of man rather than God as usual, are you? Lets not make this an issue.

Who is the man im supporting here? Paul? . You should stop spreading what you dont understand. Dont apply scriptures out of contex. Jesus was talking to pharisees and not to pastors!

Please JUST type out what Matthew 23: 8 says (if you truly believe you are a Christian, nothing will scare/embarrass you and nothing will make you pretend you didn't see a contrary opinion. Christ never evaded issues or questions - if you do, you are following somethng else and not the Risen Christ). Thank you.

You are the one evading issues here. Why not compare your claim with the teachings of the apostles.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Joagbaje(m): 2:59am On Jun 27, 2010
Nuclearboy

nuclearboy:

@Joagbaje:

Here again in support of man rather than God as usual, are you? Lets not make this an issue.

Who is the man im supporting here? Paul? . You should stop spreading what you dont understand. Dont apply scriptures out of contex. Jesus was talking to pharisees and not to pastors!

Please JUST type out what Matthew 23: 8 says (if you truly believe you are a Christian, nothing will scare/embarrass you and nothing will make you pretend you didn't see a contrary opinion. Christ never evaded issues or questions - if you do, you are following somethng else and not the Risen Christ). Thank you.

You are the one evading issues here. Why not compare your claim with the teachings of the apostles
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 27, 2010
@Harakiri let me answer your questions.

1) Adam had other children apart from Cain & Abel. Eg. Seth, Enosh etc. Adam died @ the age of 930 years, so Cain must have married any woman then which was not recorded. In fact read Genesis 5 for clarification & see how stupid your question is.

2) Archaeological findings.
Never mix spiritual issues with science because some of the scientific laws become obsolete immediately new ones come out.

3) As Noah built the Ark, there was no record that he went round the world looking for two species of animals to put in the Ark. This implies that he put two species of animals in his vicinity. Ask yourself why two species of animals? Why not three species? Hermaphrodites supposed to be included because they are in plants & animals. Or were they not created by God?

Tithe.
The issue of paying of tithe is important but not by force or compulsory. I have never seen a church that is forcing out tithe from the members. The fact is that whether you pay your tithe or not, God's work MUST continue. HIS kingdom MUST continue to expand.

I'm not going to judge you because i'm not God. But anytime you want to comment on sensitive issues please do your research well to avoid misleading people that want to be educated. Remain blessed.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 27, 2010

1) Adam had other children apart from Cain & Abel. Eg. Seth, Enosh etc. Adam died @ the age of 930 years, so Cain must have married any woman then which was not recorded. In fact read Genesis 5 for clarification & see how stupid your question is.

Never mix spiritual issues with science because some of the scientific laws become obsolete immediately new ones come out.

3) As Noah built the Ark, there was no record that he went round the world looking for two species of animals to put in the Ark. This implies that he put two species of animals in his vicinity. Ask yourself why two species of animals? Why not three species? Hermaphrodites supposed to be included because they are in plants & animals. Or were they not created by God?

Tithe.
The issue of paying of tithe is important but not by force or compulsory. I have never seen a church that is forcing out tithe from the members. The fact is that whether you pay your tithe or not, God's work MUST continue. HIS kingdom MUST continue to expand.

I'm not going to judge you because i'm not God. But anytime you want to comment on sensitive issues please do your research well to avoid misleading people that want to be educated. Remain blessed.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 7:33am On Jun 27, 2010
Austin82:

1) Adam had other children apart from Cain & Abel. Eg. Seth, Enosh etc. Adam died @ the age of 930 years, so Cain must have married any woman then which was not recorded. In fact read Genesis 5 for clarification & see how silly your question is.

Never mix spiritual issues with science because some of  the scientific laws become obsolete immediately new ones come out.

Tithe.

Why do you so called Christians keep disgracing yourselves like this? I have repeatedly told you all make sure you know what you are talking about before you come here to embarrass the rest of the congregation with your semi-educated bible knowledge.You are an outright embarrassment to Christians worldwide.Let's expose your a little bit shall we?I'll address your answers one by one :

(1)Please read progressively through the book of Genesis and you'll see that the other children of Adam came AFTER Abel had been killed and Cain had been drive out of Eden.You people are really forcing me to read and quote a bible i tossed away several years ago.I'll quote :

Genesis Chapt 4 : Verse 1-16

This part covers the birth and tragedy of Cain and Abel.

Genesis Chapt 4 : Verse 17;26

This part covers the rest of Adam's children THAT WERE BORN AFTER ABEL'S TRAGEDY.This was after Cain was driven out of Eden and Abel was dead.They bible didn't say that Eve had children and drove them to go and meet Cain in the land of Nod! ! !

Why do you people keep preaching against misquoting the bible BUT you people do the same thing day in day out.You misinterpret,misquote and tongue twist the bible to suit your selfish needs.

(2)And who are you to tell me not to mix spiritual issues with science? Where is that law stated even in your bible?

(3)There was no record of Noah going to look for animals? My goodness! Let me quote :

Genesis Chapt 6 : Verse 19

And of every thing living of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark,to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

Now i don't know if it's my eyes deceiving me but i have read all through the book of Genesis and i am yet to see where the Christian god[b] PLANTED MALE AND FEMALE ANIMALS FOR NOAH TO GATHER.[/b]Why do you people keep embarrassing yourselves like this? You preached against misquoting the bible as if it's the most deadly sin (worse than murder/incest) and yet. . . here you all are, misquoting the bible at random.

Talking about doing research, you obviously have no idea of what you are worshiping.

Back to the topic . . .

What is the proof that the Christian god is the real deal? No bible quotations please.Just straight answers.Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2010
bros1234:

I dont get you mr. did u really ask me a question? Sorry, what was it?

Yes, not once but TWICE.

This is the third time,

I asked, an unknowing man who looks at a rock carved by the elements of nature to resemble a face and concludes its by intelligent design citing proof as because it looks orderly and 'designed', will he be right??

If NO, tell us why.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by mazaje(m): 9:37am On Jun 27, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by mazaje(m): 9:49am On Jun 27, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Yorubah(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2010
I believe in it but God knows where the power comes from, also wondering why are many people falling and the camera man beside the event is not falling, Gosh
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2010
mazaje:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk&color1[/flash]

I almost died from acute laughter especially when i listened to the second video (Bible contradictions).

@So called Christians

You people should try and watch the YouTube videos above (get your headphones or speakers up).If you can only look beyond your greed for blessings and fear of the unknown, you will see the outright ridiculousness of religion in general (most especially Christianity).You all claim that the Christian god is not the author of confusion but watch that video and you'll more than enough contradictions to make you feel sorry for yourselves.I won't be surprised to come back here and see dim witted sentiments of people who have watched the video and still have it in them to defend the indefensible.Like Karl Max rightfully said, Religion is the opium of the masses. . .

"Die Religion , ist das Opium des Volkes"

It blind folds you to all forms of common sense.Matter of fact, religion and reason/logic/common sense don't go hand in hand.They don't mix.Like someone rightfully said, Moslems put their shoes outside the door when they come to the mosque. . .Christians leave the brains at the door when they come to church.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by anietieh: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
"No long talk.No beating about the bush.Straight to the point.Same thing applies here. You say you worship a god and you believe he's the creator of the universe and if you worship him well enough, he will grant you blessings here on earth and you might probably get a ticket into heaven (lovely Smiley)"

that is your own undersanding. Not all christians believe that they "will probably get a ticket into heaven if they worship thier god well"

so don't make sweeping generalisations, it is not the hallmark of great minds.

"You know. . .i really dislike being misquoted.I never hindered the bible or Christians from "proving" itself or themselves."

"All i need are straight answers not quotations from a book that has been influenced on several intervals over the centuries by the ruling class and the catholic papacy. How can you be quoting scriptures when you weren't even there when it was written? All you know is that you were taught Christianity was the way to go from childhood and if you go against the bible, you will go to hell! Apart from that, what other proof?"

Now you are contradicting your self. First you say you have not hindered the bible from proving itself, then you now say that the bible has been influenced. Clearly then, while you claim not to be hindering the bible from proving itself, your later comment clearly shows that you will not give it a chance because you feel it has been influenced. And once again you impute motives. You say that all i know is that i was taught Christianity as the way to go from childhood. If i may ask, what proof of that do you have? Please and please, don't say things you are not sure of. I have other proof!

"If he is all these, then he should have known that Eve would be tempted by the serpent and she would fall.He should have known how his creation would go till this present day.Why then did he create man when he knew that failure was imminent? The bible says he destroyed the world once and will do it again (some call it rapture, others call it Armageddon, a few think it's both ways). Why create something and condemn it? Is the bible implying that god is confused? That he makes errors? Isn't he supposed to be the all knowing god? Explain this please."

God, is omnipotent, omniprecscient, etc, etc. If you think deeply, you will realise that having a right, is not complete without the right not to exercise that right. I hope you can understand that. Having an ability, is not complete without being able to decide whether to exercise that ability or not to exercise the ability. If you can understand this simple concept, then you will understand that God was under no compulsion to exercise his ability to fore know.

"If you can only look beyond your greed for blessings and fear of the unknown, you will see the outright ridiculousness of religion in general (most especially Christianity).You all claim that the Christian god is not the author of confusion but watch that video and you'll more than enough contradictions to make you feel sorry for yourselves.I won't be surprised to come back here and see dim witted sentiments of people who have watched the video and still have it in them to defend the indefensible.Like Karl Max rightfully said, Religion is the opium of the masses. . .

It blind folds you to all forms of common sense.Matter of fact, religion and reason/logic/common sense don't go hand in hand.They don't mix.Like someone rightfully said, Moslems put their shoes outside the door when they come to the mosque. . .Christians leave the brains at the door when they come to church."

a long time ago, nuclearboy, i believe, said that he had convinced himself into thinking that harakiri actually was in search for answers, but that he realised that that was not the case. I am also beginning to think that harakiri is not sincerely interested in knowing the answer to his question: What is the proof that the Christian god is the real deal? Why? because he follows it up with "No bible quotations please.Just straight answers.Thanks."

The christian god comes from the bible. one very easy way to prove whether he is the real deal is to compare what he (the christian god) claims to say with what really is happening. But his caveat, no bible quotations, as i have said earlier, means that he is not giving the christian god a chance to prove himself.Simple. Even a child would agree with me, i believe. He said that he does not hinder the bible from proving itself, yet he refuses to allow people who believe the bible has the capacity to prove itself, the opportunity to do so. He gave the example of a man who you ask if a particular child is the mans child. Then he goes on to say that the man will use two things to prove that he is the father of the child, 1. physical resemblance, 2. dna evidence. I wonder if it has occured to harakiri, in all his wisdom, that those two proofs are from withing the father. Abi, all of una wey dey read this thread, na another person resemblance de papa go take use to prove say the pikin na im own abi na his own resemblance to the pikin? Abeg make person talk o! DNA self, na from another person de papa go go borrow dna to use prove say na im be de papa abi no be im own DNA, wey he go comot from him body the person wey dey ask go use try to see whether e match the pikin own?

So, clearly, it is only reasonable and sensible for the bible, which the christian god claims authorship, to be used to prove his existence. hakiri, ko haka ba? if you can get past that little restriction which you are using to prevent yourself from seeing the answer, then you will be proving your sincerity.

QUOTE. here you all are, misquoting the bible at random., you so called Christians keep disgracing yourselves like this, before you come here to embarrass the rest of the congregation with your semi-educated bible knowledge.You are an outright embarrassment to Christians worldwide.Let's expose your a little bit shall we?I'll address your answers one by one : .I won't be surprised to come back here and see dim witted sentiments of people who have watched the video and still have it in them to defend the indefensible.Like Karl Max rightfully said, Religion is the opium of the masses. . .

It blind folds you to all forms of common sense.Matter of fact, religion and reason/logic/common sense don't go hand in hand.They don't mix.Like someone rightfully said, Moslems put their shoes outside the door when they come to the mosque. . .Christians leave the brains at the door when they come to church.QUOTE

mr. harakiri, John F Kennedy once said: "civility is not a sign of weakness, and sincerity is always subject to proof" One thing i will plead with you for is this: CIVILITY! just try and be civil in your posts. the above quoted, seems to me, i may be wrong o, but i am sure many people will be offended just as i was, it seems to me to sound rude and distasteful. Even if we cannot in our daily lives carry out discussion,argument, etc without resorting to cheap shots, at least, we can pretend that we are civil on nairaland. Because the lack of civility can make some people who would otherwise have something useful to contribute to the discussion shy away.

another thing that has been bothering me is this? mr harakiri says that he does believe that there is a supreme being, but feels that it is not the christian god. has he investigated other religions to find out if there is one? I dont think so, because he goes on to say agree with Karl Max in saying that religion is the opium of the masses. so, it's not just christianity that irks him, its all religion. in one post, he will say, jewish god, in another christian god, which one do you really mean, cos i believe you know that judaism is a very different religion from christianity? right?

so, i am really beginning to feel that there is a whole lot of insincerity involved and i earnestly hope i am wrong. what harakiri does not know is that i am not a christian. but of all the religions i investigated, true christianity, and let me say this, there is a difference, big difference between christianity and christendom, and true christianity. As i was saying, true christianity seems like the most reasonable religion to me. I investigated hinduism, islam, buddhism, taoism, confucianism, shintoism, judaism before reaching my conclusion about true christianity. let me just say this, so as to try and differentiate between true christianity and christendom/chritianity. true christianity does not believe in hellfire but believes in hell.(yeah, there is a difference between hellfire and hell), true christianity does not force tithes on its members, people give voluntary and of their own volition, true christianity does not engage in politics, war, and other conflicts and its members try to be peaceable, not just peaceful.(yeah, there is a huge difference btw being peaceable and being peaceful.),true christianity does not preach that everyone will go to heaven, does not preach rapture, does not condone violence, immoral behaviour, well, there are a lot of other differences but going on to list them will derail what i was trying to say, but if you just compare what i said, you will find that most of the people you consider, and class as christians, are not true christians but part of christendom.

and yet, even after my search, and finding true christianity, i am not a christian. because what is required by true christianity i am not yet ready to practice.for instance, the bible says:“If possible,as far as it depends upon you, be peaceable with all men." and literallyy the word peaceable,, means peacemakers. being a peacemaker means , going out of ones way to establish and to maintain peace. that is why the bible also says that if someone slaps you you should not retaliate, instead turn the other cheek. truthfully, if someone slaps me, i will land him his own slap sharp,sharp. so my knowleddge of my limitations and my laziness and unwillingness to train myself is what is preventing me from practicing christianity.

just as some parents watch porn, smoke, etc but will not allow their children to do such, and if they find that their children do such, would be mad. its not that those parents do not know that smoking for example is dangerous to thier health. they do, but the continue anyway. but because of their interest in preserving the health of their children, they insist that their children do not do such. heck even some doctors i know smoke. so knowledge does not always translate to action so im just saying this cos i don't want anyone querying me about my rooting for christianity and not even being a christian.

now, harakiri, you see, what you are doing is turning me into your researcher when, i believe, if you were very very sincere, prove me wrong please, you would be doing the research about your question yourself. but i don't mind, honestly because, there is no point your wasting your time doing the research when someone else already did it. it took the better part of my life to find out what i will proceed to record here. note also that i do not expect you or anyone else who takes your stand to agree with me or be convinced. a man convinced of his opinion is always of the same! but i know that there are some people that would be convinced, much as i was, after finding it out for myself.

on the issue of the bible contradicting it self, yes, the bible does appear to contradict itself. it is also easy to find contradictions when you are looking for them . what may be harder to do is try and see, check from genesis to revelation, to see if this seeming contradictions are really contradictions. often times, what are discrepancies are lableled contradictions. it is very easy, in fact, one of the easiest things in the world to hurl accusations, or to find faults. almost everyone knows that.

consider this:“Discrepancies” Do Not Have to Be Contradictions
Kenneth S. Kantzer, a theologian, once illustrated how two reports of the same event can seem contradictory and yet both be true. He wrote: “Some time ago the mother of a dear friend of ours was killed. We first learned of her death through a trusted mutual friend who reported that our friend’s mother had been standing on the street corner waiting for a bus, had been hit by another bus passing by, was fatally injured, and died a few minutes later.”
Soon after, he heard a very different report. He says: “We learned from the grandson of the dead woman that she had been involved in a collision, was thrown from the car in which she was riding, and was killed instantly. The boy was quite certain of his facts.
“Much later . . . we probed for a harmonization. We learned that the grandmother had been waiting for a bus, was hit by another bus, and was critically injured. She had been picked up by a passing car and dashed to the hospital, but in the haste, the car in which she was being transported to the hospital collided with another car. She was thrown from the car and died instantly.”
Yes, two accounts of the same event may both be true even though they seem to disagree with each other. This is sometimes the case with the Bible. Independent witnesses may describe different details about the same event. Instead of being contradictory, however, what they write is complementary, and if we take all accounts into consideration, we get a better understanding of what happened.

Usually, people who make this charge have not personally read the Bible; they are merely repeating what they have heard. (harakiri, please answer truthfully, have you personally read the entire bible once, and more than once) in my search for a god and a true religion, i did not just read the bible, i read it more than once, i also read other "holy" books, the koran, the torah, the Rig-Veda, the Sama-Veda, the Yajur-Veda, and the Atharva-Veda.
and others. but this is the internet, it is very easy for someone who hasnt gone through all this to speak as an authority. it is also possible for someone to think that i am lying, but in my future posts, when i disect each religion i have mentioned investigating in my search for god and his religion, then people can determine if in reality i read those books or im just claiming. anyway,back to bibilical "contradictions", some, though, have found what seem to be genuine contradictions and are troubled by them.

IF IT really is the Word of God, the Bible should be harmonious, not contradictory. Why, then, do some passages seem to contradict others? To answer, we need to remember that, while the Bible is the Word of God, it was written down by a number of men over a period of several centuries. These writers had different backgrounds, writing styles, and gifts, and all these differences are reflected in the writing.

Moreover, if two or more writers discuss the same event, one might include details that another omits. Additionally, different writers present the subject matter in different ways. One might write it down chronologically, while another might follow a different arrangement. In this chapter, we will present some alleged contradictions in the Bible and consider how they can be reconciled, taking the above considerations into account.

Independent Witnesses
Some “contradictions” arise when we have two or more accounts of the same incident. For example, at Matthew 8:5 we read that when Jesus came into Capernaum, “an army officer came to him, entreating him,” asking Jesus to cure his manservant. But at Luke 7:3, we read of this army officer that “he sent forth older men of the Jews to him to ask [Jesus] to come and bring his slave safely through.” Did the army officer speak to Jesus, or did he send the older men?

The answer is, clearly, that the man sent the elders of the Jews. Why, then, does Matthew say that the man himself entreated Jesus? Because, in effect, the man asked Jesus through the Jewish elders. The elders served as his mouthpiece.

To illustrate this, at 2 Chronicles 3:1, we read: “Finally Solomon started to build the house of Jehovah in Jerusalem.” Later, we read: “Thus Solomon finished the house of Jehovah.” (2 Chronicles 7:11) Did Solomon personally build the temple from start to finish? Of course not. The actual building work was done by a multitude of craftsmen and laborers. But Solomon was the organizer of the work, the one responsible. Hence, the Bible says that he built the house. In the same way, Matthew’s Gospel tells us that the military commander approached Jesus. But Luke gives the added detail that he approached him through the Jewish elders.

Here is a similar example. At Matthew 20:20, 21, we read: “The mother of the sons of Zebedee approached [Jesus] with her sons, doing obeisance and asking for something from him.” What she asked was that her sons should have the most favored position when Jesus came into his Kingdom. In Mark’s account of this same event, we read: “James and John, the two sons of Zebedee, stepped up to [Jesus] and said to him: ‘Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever it is we ask you for.’” (Mark 10:35-37) Was it the two sons of Zebedee, or was it their mother, who made the request of Jesus?

Clearly, it was the two sons of Zebedee who made the request, as Mark states. But they made it through their mother. She was their spokesperson. This is supported by Matthew’s report that when the other apostles heard what the mother of the sons of Zebedee had done, they became indignant, not at the mother, but “at the two brothers.”—Matthew 20:24.

Have you ever heard two people describe an event that they both witnessed? If so, did you notice that each person emphasized details that impressed him? One may have left out things that the other included. Both, however, were telling the truth. It is the same with the four Gospel accounts of Jesus’ ministry, as well as with other historical events reported by more than one Bible writer. Each writer wrote accurate information even when one retained details that another omitted. By considering all the accounts, a fuller understanding of what happened can be gained. Such variations prove that the Bible accounts are independent. And their essential harmony proves that they are true.

Read the Context

Often, apparent inconsistencies can be resolved if we just look at the context. Consider, for example, the often-raised problem about Cain’s wife. At Genesis 4:1, 2 we read: “In time [Eve] gave birth to Cain and said: ‘I have produced a man with the aid of Jehovah.’ Later she again gave birth, to his brother Abel.” As is well known, Cain killed Abel; but after that, we read that Cain had a wife and children. (Genesis 4:17) If Adam and Eve had only two sons, where did Cain find his wife?

The solution lies in the fact that Adam and Eve had more than two children. According to the context, they had a large family. At Genesis 5:3 we read that Adam became father to another son named Seth and then, in the following verse, we read: “He became father to sons and daughters.” (Genesis 5:4) So Cain could have married one of his sisters or even one of his nieces. At that early stage of human history, when mankind was so close to perfection, such a marriage evidently did not pose the risks for the children of the union that it would today.

Our considering the context also helps us to understand what some have claimed is a disagreement between the apostle Paul and James. At Ephesians 2:8, 9, Paul says that Christians are saved by faith, not by works. He says: “You have been saved through faith . . . not owing to works.” James, however, insists on the importance of works. He writes: “As the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.” (James 2:26) How can these two statements be reconciled?

Considering the context of Paul’s words, we find that one statement complements the other. The apostle Paul is referring to the efforts of the Jews to keep the Mosaic Law. They believed that if they kept the Law in all its details, they would be righteous. Paul pointed out that this was impossible. We can never become righteous—and thus deserve salvation—by our own works, for we are inherently sinful. We can only be saved by faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Romans 5:18.

James, however, adds the vital point that faith in itself is valueless if not supported by actions. A person who claims to have faith in Jesus should prove it by what he does. An inactive faith is a dead faith and will not lead to salvation.

The apostle Paul was in full agreement with this, and he often mentions the kinds of works that Christians should engage in to demonstrate their faith. For example, to the Romans he wrote: “With the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.” Making a “public declaration”—sharing our faith with others—is vital for salvation. (Romans 10:10; see also 1 Corinthians 15:58; Ephesians 5:15, 21-33; 6:15; 1 Timothy 4:16; 2 Timothy 4:5; Hebrews 10:23-25.) No work, however, that a Christian can do, and certainly no effort to fulfill the Law of Moses, will earn him the right to everlasting life. This is “the gift God gives” to those who exercise faith.—Romans 6:23; John 3:16.
Different Viewpoints

Sometimes the Bible writers wrote about the same event from different viewpoints, or they presented their accounts in different ways. When these differences are taken into consideration, further apparent contradictions are easy to resolve. An example of this is in Numbers 35:14, where Moses speaks of the territory east of the Jordan as “on this side of the Jordan.” Joshua, however, speaking of land to the east of the Jordan, called it “the other side of the Jordan.” (Joshua 22:4) Which is correct?

In fact, both are correct. According to the account in Numbers, the Israelites had not yet crossed the Jordan River into the Promised Land, so to them east of the Jordan was “this side.” But Joshua had already crossed the Jordan. He was now, physically, west of the river, in the land of Canaan. So east of the Jordan was, for him, “the other side.”

Additionally, the way a narrative is constructed can lead to an apparent contradiction. At Genesis 1:24-26, the Bible indicates that the animals were created before man. But at Genesis 2:7, 19, 20, it seems to say that man was created before the animals. Why the discrepancy? Because the two accounts of the creation discuss it from two different viewpoints. The first describes the creation of the heavens and the earth and everything in them. (Genesis 1:1–2:4) The second concentrates on the creation of the human race and its fall into sin.—Genesis 2:5–4:26.

The first account is constructed chronologically, divided into six consecutive “days.” The second is written in order of topical importance. After a short prologue, it logically goes straight to the creation of Adam, since he and his family are the subject of what follows. (Genesis 2:7) Other information is then introduced as needed. We learn that after his creation Adam was to live in a garden in Eden. So the planting of the garden of Eden is now mentioned. (Genesis 2:8, 9, 15) Jehovah tells Adam to name “every wild beast of the field and every flying creature of the heavens.” Now, then, is the time to mention that “Jehovah God was forming from the ground” all these creatures, although their creation began long before Adam appeared on the scene.—Genesis 2:19; 1:20, 24, 26.

Read the Account Carefully
Sometimes, all that is needed to resolve apparent contradictions is to read the account carefully and reason on the information provided. This is the case when we consider the conquest of Jerusalem by the Israelites. Jerusalem was listed as part of the inheritance of Benjamin, but we read that Benjamin’s tribe was unable to conquer it. (Joshua 18:28; Judges 1:21) We also read that Judah was unable to conquer Jerusalem—as if it were part of that tribe’s inheritance. Eventually, Judah defeated Jerusalem, burning it with fire. (Joshua 15:63; Judges 1:cool Hundreds of years later, however, David is also recorded as conquering Jerusalem.—2 Samuel 5:5-9.

At first glance, all of this might appear confusing, but there are in reality no contradictions. In fact, the boundary between Benjamin’s inheritance and Judah’s ran along the Valley of Hinnom, right through the ancient city of Jerusalem. What later came to be called the City of David actually lay in the territory of Benjamin, just as Joshua 18:28 says. But it is likely that the Jebusite city of Jerusalem spilled across the Valley of Hinnom and thus overlapped into Judah’s territory, so that Judah, too, had to war against its Canaanite inhabitants.
21 Benjamin was unable to conquer the city. On one occasion, Judah did conquer Jerusalem and burn it. (Judges 1:8, 9) But Judah’s forces evidently moved on, and some of the original inhabitants regained possession of the city. Later, they formed a pocket of resistance that neither Judah nor Benjamin could remove. Thus, the Jebusites continued in Jerusalem until David conquered the city hundreds of years later.

We meet up with a second example in the Gospels. Concerning Jesus’ being led out to his death, in John’s Gospel we read: “Bearing the torture stake for himself, he went out.” (John 19:17) However, in Luke we read: “Now as they led him away, they laid hold of Simon, a certain native of Cyrene, coming from the country, and they placed the torture stake upon him to bear it behind Jesus.” (Luke 23:26) Did Jesus carry the implement of his death, or did Simon carry it for him?

To begin with, Jesus evidently carried his own torture stake, as John points out. But later, as Matthew, Mark, and Luke testify, Simon of Cyrene was impressed into service to carry it for him the rest of the way to the place of execution.

Proof of Independence
True, there are some apparent inconsistencies in the Bible that are difficult to reconcile. But we should not assume that they are definite contradictions. Often it is merely a case of lack of complete information. The Bible provides enough knowledge to fill our spiritual need. But if it were to give us every detail about every event mentioned, it would be a huge, unwieldy library, rather than the handy, easy-to-carry volume that we have today.

Speaking of Jesus’ ministry, the apostle John wrote with justifiable exaggeration: “There are, in fact, many other things also which Jesus did, which, if ever they were written in full detail, I suppose, the world itself could not contain the scrolls written.” (John 21:25) It would be even more of an impossibility to record all the details of the long history of God’s people from the patriarchs to the first-century Christian congregation!

Actually, the Bible is a miracle of condensation. It contains enough information to enable us to recognize it as more than merely a human work.
Any variations it contains prove that the writers were truly independent witnesses.

Whew! people keep on bringing different things and even though i would like to ignore them and answer harakiri's question, i keep getting sidetracked because i know i have responses to what they say and i feel bad if i don't present the other side.

Anyway, as i said earlier, i will begin to disect religion, starting with its beginning. in my next post, i will discuss mythology. then later i will discuss searching for the unknown through magic and spiritism, hinduism, buddhism(this one is very interesting), taoism and confucianism, shitoism, judaism, christianity, apostates of christianity, islam, the reformation(remember, John wycliffe, Jan Hus, Martin luther ) and finally, what i believe to be the true god, the God of true christianity.

But that is a long way off: First, let me prepare to tell you about the beginning of religion.

Ehen, i remember sef, i had promised mazaje citations so that i could "sell more books" to him. But he has not even said anything about my post. I hope he read it. and if he wants my references, let him just ask me and i will post them, but be warned, you may have to go the the bank o, because my sources are in excess of 100. So prepare to buy a lot of books and confirm for your self if you doubt what i say or believe that i just thought up everything i posted.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by yelanst(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2010
mazaje:

How did you confirm anything? grin. , Stop using words out of place pls. . .You did NOT confirm anything, your ridiculous assumptions remain just that. . .When did you enter into a ship that rose 25000 feet with Noah and confirm anything?. . .The Noah's story REMAINS a plagiarized myth that was copied by the Jews from earlier civilization. . . .Google the Epic of Gilgamesh. . .

Any country that has the Military might of Israel compared to that of its enemies(Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Yemen) will stand in the midst of its enemies and survive, the enemies of Israel are not strong at all. If Israel had enemies like Turkey, Iran, Germany, France and England beside it, there will be no country like Israel existing on the map today, Israel is luck to have weaklings as enemies. . .If Israel had enemies like Turkey alone we would have been talking about something else now.  . . . . . . .

Yes, there were no suicide bombers but there were people that kill others and sacrifice them unto their Gods just as it is written in the bible, there were people that plunder their enemies lands and enslave all of them, despoil was a routine part of wars at that time, Unbelief is enough for you to be invaded, take it or leave it, Human morality has GREATLY improved now compared to what was obtainable 4000 years ago, black and whites now live together peacefully and with equal respect in so many parts of Europe and America something that was not possible just 300 years ago. Read the bible and you will see where Yahweh was commanding the Jews to go and be terrorist(terrorism), he commanded them to kill others and sacrifice them and their entire city as burnt offerings unto him(rituals). . .Earth quake and hurricanes have been a part of this planet and will forever be a part of this world as long as the planet remains. Pls go and educate yourself about natural disasters like earthquakes and stop sounding like a baby. . .

So?. . . . .

Ok make sure you know what you are talking about before you come here, this is a public forum filled with knowledgeable people not a market

Germany is still a better Economy than Israel, Germany is the biggest economy in Europe, it is a technology giant in Europe and the whole world, and has a military might that Israel can NOT defeat in a conventional war so what are you talking about, You said that Yahweh bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel but why is Germany still a better country than Israel after the Germans killed over 6 million Jews? The holocaust remains one of the greatest crimes against humanity but Germany still remains a better country than Israel, no?. . . .

grin grin. . . . I am still waiting, I just want you to show me the percentage of the NAS that are Jews. . . .

My friend you don't know what you are talking about. . . .Christianity is in its waning days in USA. . .The USA is a secular nation that has NOTHING to do with religion. . . .African still remain the most religious people around. . . .Here is an excerpts from a study that was conducted some months ago. . .

"In many countries across the continent, roughly nine in 10 people say religion is very important in their lives," the study found.

That puts even the least religious countries in the region ahead of the United States, which is among the most religious of advanced industrial countries, the study's authors wrote."

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/04/15/africa.religion/index.html?hpt=Mid

(1) REF: YOUR REPLY TO MY FIRST POST, HOW DID TOU CONFIRM”   IT IS CLEAR TO ME THAT YOU JUST JUMPED IN  AT THE MIDDLE OF THIS THREAD. WHEN I MADE THIS STATEMENT, WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE AS A KNOWLEDGEABLE DUDE WHICH YOU CLAIM TO BE IS TO GO BACK AND READ THE THREAD ALONG THE LINES IN ORDER TO GRASP MY POINT, RATHER, YOU JUST STARTED DISPLAYING YOUR INEPT INTELLECTUALITY.
(2) REF:GERMANY IS STILL A BETTER ECONOMY THAN ISREAL”   FRIEND, YOU ARE QUITE KNOWLEDGEABLE, AT LEAST WHEN IT COMES TO READING BOOKS  JOUNALS AND LISTENNING TO EURO NEWS, BUT NOT ON EMPERICAL FACTS. YOUR PROBLEM STILL REMAINS  THAT PROBLEM PECULIAR TO THE BLACK RACE-THE WHITES/ SNOWBALL  ARE/IS  RIGHT. U BELIEVE ANYTHING THE SAID WITHOUT UNRAVELLING THE AUTHENTICITY. TODAY, THE WILL TELL YOU THAT  85 PECENT OF NIGERIANS (WITH ALL HER SEX CULTURE) ARE SUFERRING FROM AIDS WHILE ONLY 0.9 PECENT IS FOUND IN FLORIDA, THE HEAD-QUARTERS OF MORAL DECADENCE. WHAT IS THE STANDARD YARDSTICK FOR MEASURING ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE? GDP GROWTH RATE. AM I RIGHT? PLS GO BACK AND COMPARE THE GDP GR OF ISREAL AND GERMANY IN THE LAST QUARTER OF THIS YEAR(GOTO www.indexmundi.com) . AS LONG AS I AM CONCERN, NOW ISREALS ECONOMY IS BETTER THAN THAT OF GERMANY, so, STOP BEING MYOPIC.
(3) ON A FINAL NOTE I SUGGEST YOU READ THE POST BY unietieh ABOVE TO DUST OFF ALL DOUBTS THAT THE BIBLE IS A MYTH.  HE HAS SAID IT ALL. HAVE A NICE SUNDAY.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ikibeh(m): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2010
@ harakiri,
I don't need you to believe in God cos i have been reading your comments all through and from the look of thing, its like you've made up ur mind concerning ur "FATE", and I dnt blame u cos every man is responsible for his own actions ."YOUR OWN SALVATION IS PERSONAL"

But one thing I would like to ask you and for you to think about is this;

1). Between when you sleep in the dead of the night and when you wake up, do u know what happens to you?

2). When you sleep, you see yourself in dreams and some of your dreams come to reality right? Have you ever asked yourself, who is that person in my dream that looks like me, and wat is he doing there?

3). Have you ever asked yourself when sleeping who is responsible for, why your body is left behind on the bed and ur other self wondering all over the earth and after wondering, comes back to ur other body in the bed and u wake up?

4). What if, the other body that leaves ur body in the bed dies in it's ventures all over the earth and doesn't come back to the body in your bed? Have you ever wondered what will happen to your body in the bed?

Whether you believe it or not, there's someone, a Spiritual Being up there that gave you that second body that makes u walk and breath and one day, that Being will require it from you and ur other body will go to were it was created from, DUST,

Have a nice day and think about it,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2010
This thread gets more interesting and seemingly more personal to more individuals.

@anietieh:

Sure you're not a Christian? No insults meant but you seem to have studied quite a lot for one who is not Christian. Very nice stuff that you put up there by the way and I'll be coming back regularly to read whatever you put up later.

God's Blessings
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2010
Quote From : anietieh
God, is omnipotent, omniprecscient, etc, etc. If you think deeply, you will realise that having a right, is not complete without the right not to exercise that right. I hope you can understand that. Having an ability, is not complete without being able to decide whether to exercise that ability or not to exercise the ability. If you can understand this simple concept, then you will understand that God was under no compulsion to exercise his ability to fore know.

oh, so your excuse is God decided not to be ''all knowing'' at that point, is that right?

On what basis do you declare that having an ability is incomplete without being able to excersise it or not?

You are either able to do something or not. Being able to Control takes NOTHING away from you having that ability in the first place.

So, your god decided to be ignorant. . .touche. .

One small question, since god is said to be all good, ominiscient, ominipresent, going by your logic, God can decide NOT to be all good aka All Evil, not ominipresent, not ominiscient infact he can decide to be NOT GOD etc, can God decide NOT to exist? since God is alive can he decide NOT to be alive

another thing that has been bothering me is
this? mr harakiri says that he does believe
that there is a supreme being, but feels
that it is not the christian god.[b] has he
investigated other religions to find out if
there is one? I dont think so, because he
goes on to say agree with Karl Max
in
saying that religion is the opium of the
masses. so, it's not just christianity that
irks him, its all religion. in one post, he will
say, jewish god, in another christian god,
which one do you really mean, cos i
believe you know that judaism is a very
different religion from christianity? right?
so, i am really beginning to feel that there
is a whole lot of insincerity involved
and i
earnestly hope i am wrong. what harakiri
does not know is that i am not a christian.
but of all the religions i investigated, true
christianity, and let me say this, there is a
difference, big difference between
christianity and christendom, and true
christianity. As i was saying, true
christianity seems like the most reasonable
religion to me. I investigated hinduism,
islam, buddhism, taoism, confucianism,
shintoism, judaism before reaching my
conclusion about true christianity.

Now, let me tell you another thing that bothers me,
you ''investigated'' hinduism, islam,buddism, confucianism, shintoism, judaism - ONLY

Out of the MILLIONS OF RELIGIONS out there you ''investigated'' like ten then come here to beat your chest, claim christianity is the ultimate and call people ''insincere''??

One would think as you are the MR. Sincere himself you would at least investigate the thousands of religions in Nigeria alone.

My friend, get off your high horse! You delude only yourself.

And Oh, the jewish god and christian god are the SAME thing. Christianity is an offshoot of judaism. So when harakiri makes reference to either he's totally right. (one would think Mr. Investigator himself would know that)
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2010
let me just say this, so as to try and differentiate between true christianity and christendom/ chritianity. true christianity does not believe in hellfire but believes in hell. (yeah, there is a difference between hellfire and hell), true christianity does not force tithes on its members, people give voluntary and of their own volition, true christianity does not engage in politics, war, and other conflicts and its members try to be peaceable, not just peaceful. (yeah, there is a huge difference btw being peaceable and being peaceful.),true christianity does not preach that everyone will go to heaven, does not preach rapture, does not condone violence, immoral behaviour, well, there are a lot of other differences but going on to list them will derail what i was trying to say, but if you just compare what i said, you will find that most of the people you consider, and class as christians, are not true christians but part of christendom. and yet, even after my search, and finding true christianity, i am not a christian. because what is required by true christianity i am not yet ready to practice.for instance, the bible says: “If possible,as far as it depends upon you, be peaceable with all men." and literallyy the word peaceable,, means peacemakers. being a peacemaker means , going out of ones way to establish and to maintain peace. that is why the bible also says that if someone slaps you you should not retaliate, instead turn the other cheek. truthfully, if someone slaps me, i will land him his own slap sharp,sharp. so my knowleddge of my limitations and my laziness and unwillingness to train myself is what is preventing me from practicing christianity.

Ah. . . . Isnt this just classic.

You've foun 'True' christianity. . . .congratulations!!

Welcome to the club, you've joined an Elite group of OVER 30,000 different christian sects who believe their findings to be 'TRUE' christianity. . . This is wonderful!

Err, wait oh, why are we to believe the hogwash you typed up there is 'True' christianity? Where did you get it from?. . . Oh, is it the bible? The same bible all the other sects use to justify their own version of christianity The same bible a group of catholic bishops randomly assembled based on their own discretion??

My my, shouldnt we classify you as deluded as the rest of the group??
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2010
on the issue of the bible contradicting it self, yes, the bible does appear to contradict itself. it is also easy to find contradictions when you are looking for them . what may be harder to do is try and see, check from genesis to revelation, to see if this seeming contradictions are really contradictions. often times, what are discrepancies are lableled contradictions. it is very easy, in fact, one of the easiest things in the world to hurl accusations, or to find faults. almost everyone knows that.

consider this:“Discrepancies” Do Not Have to Be Contradictions   Kenneth S. Kantzer, a theologian, once illustrated how two reports of the same event can seem contradictory and yet both be true. He wrote: “Some time ago the mother of a dear friend of ours was killed. We first learned of her death through a trusted mutual friend who reported that our friend ’s mother had been standing on the street corner waiting for a bus, had been hit by another bus passing by, was fatally injured, and died a few minutes later. ” Soon after, he heard a very different report. He says: “We learned from the grandson of the dead woman that she had been involved in a collision, was thrown from the car in which she was riding, and was killed instantly. The boy was quite certain of his facts. “Much later . . . we probed for a harmonization. We learned that the grandmother had been waiting for a bus, was hit by another bus, and was critically injured. She had been picked up by a passing car and dashed to the hospital, but in the haste, the car in which she was being transported to the hospital collided with another car. She was thrown from the car and died instantly. ” Yes, two accounts of the same event may both be true even though they seem to disagree with each other. This is sometimes the case with the Bible. Independent witnesses may describe different details about the same event. Instead of being contradictory, however, what they write is complementary, and if we take all accounts into consideration, we get a better understanding of what happened.

More bible apologetic nonsense. . . .
Ridiculous excuses to mask blatant contradictions in the bible. . . . .

Geez, maybe the contradictions in the quran, verdas etc are not contradictions too but differential event reporting.

Infact when Matthew said Mary magdalene was the first to arrive at jesus' tomb and saw an angel roll the tombstone in her prescence and Mark said mary met the tombstone rolled away already and they entered and saw a young man sitting inside and Luke who said it was infact  Two men sitting inside the tomb.

what they meant to convey was Mary arrived at the tomb, then saw an angel rolling the stone,  she didnt like the style of rolling she then rolled the stone back in place  and went to wash her hands then the angel vexed at the sabotage of his handwork and rolled back the stone for the second time. Mary returned from her handwash  and saw that the stone was rolled back. She was angry and entered the tomb to see whats up, she then saw one young man sitting inside wearing white. She was shocked, but the young man told her his assistant went to was his hands at river jordan to wash away the germs from jesus' burial clothes and asked if she didnt meet the lazy assiatant on the road. The assistant promptly arrived and thus they were two men and then mary went to report to peter. . .phew!! That makes sense.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 10:01am On Jun 28, 2010
IF IT really is the Word of God, the Bible should be harmonious, not contradictory. Why, then, do some passages seem to contradict others? To answer, we need to remember that, while the Bible is the Word of God, it was written down by a number of men over a period of several centuries. These writers had different backgrounds, writing styles, and gifts, and all these differences are reflected in the writing. Moreover, if two or more writers discuss the same event, one might include details that another omits. Additionally, different writers present the subject matter in different ways. One might write it down chronologically, while another might follow a different arrangement. In this chapter, we will present some alleged contradictions in the Bible and consider how they can be reconciled, taking the above considerations into account. Independent Witnesses Some “contradictions” arise when we have two or more accounts of the same incident. For example, at Matthew 8:5 we read that when Jesus came into Capernaum, “an army officer came to him, entreating him,” asking Jesus to cure his manservant. But at Luke 7:3, we read of this army officer that “he sent forth older men of the Jews to him to ask [Jesus] to come and bring his slave safely through. ” Did the army officer speak to Jesus, or did he send the older men? The answer is, clearly, that the man sent the elders of the Jews. Why, then, does Matthew say that the man himself entreated Jesus? Because, in effect, the man asked Jesus through the Jewish elders. The elders served as his mouthpiece. To illustrate this, at 2 Chronicles 3:1, we read: “Finally Solomon started to build the house of Jehovah in Jerusalem.” Later, we read: “Thus Solomon finished the house of Jehovah.” (2 Chronicles 7:11) Did Solomon personally build the temple from start to finish? Of course not. The actual building work was done by a multitude of craftsmen and laborers. But Solomon was the organizer of the work, the one responsible. Hence, the Bible says that he built the house. In the same way, Matthew ’s Gospel tells us that the military commander approached Jesus. But Luke gives the added detail that he approached him through the Jewish elders. IF IT really is the Word of God, the Bible should be harmonious, not contradictory. Why, then, do some passages seem to contradict others? To answer, we need to remember that, while the Bible is the Word of God, it was written down by a number of men over a period of several centuries. These writers had different backgrounds, writing styles, and gifts, and all these differences are reflected in the writing. Moreover, if two or more writers discuss the same event, one might include details that another omits. Additionally, different writers present the subject matter in different ways. One might write it down chronologically, while another might follow a different arrangement. In this chapter, we will present some alleged contradictions in the Bible and consider how they can be reconciled, taking the above considerations into account. Independent Witnesses Some “contradictions” arise when we have two or more accounts of the same incident. For example, at Matthew 8:5 we read that when Jesus came into Capernaum, “an army officer came to him, entreating him,” asking Jesus to cure his manservant. But at Luke 7:3, we read of this army officer that “he sent forth older men of the Jews to him to ask [Jesus] to come and bring his slave safely through. ” Did the army officer speak to Jesus, or did he send the older men? The answer is, clearly, that the man sent the elders of the Jews. Why, then, does Matthew say that the man himself entreated Jesus? Because, in effect, the man asked Jesus through the Jewish elders. The elders served as his mouthpiece.

To illustrate this, at 2 Chronicles 3:1, we read: “Finally Solomon started to build the house of Jehovah in Jerusalem.” Later, we read: “Thus Solomon finished the house of Jehovah.” (2 Chronicles 7:11) Did Solomon personally build the temple from start to finish? Of course not. The actual building work was done by a multitude of craftsmen and laborers. But Solomon was the organizer of the work, the one responsible. Hence, the Bible says that he built the house. In the same way, Matthew ’s Gospel tells us that the military commander approached Jesus. But Luke gives the added detail that he approached him through the Jewish elders.

This is ridiculous, the bible CLEARLY stated that solomon hired workmen to build the temple so I wonder how this in in anyway helps your case here.

Matthew clearly states an army officer approached jesus or was matthew blind that he cannot differentiate a single army officer from elders of jews??. . . . If it was elders of jews that came why not expressly state it or is it so hard??

When people  give lie and give different accounts it aint so hard to reconcile their contradictory statements like you're ridiculously trying to do now.

There is a thread of over 100 contradictions in the bible here on nairaland. . . Why dont you go there and clear all the doubts for us.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by donchelsea: 11:02am On Jun 28, 2010
If you do not understand, then forget it and forge ahead, there are more important things to worry about. He is a man of God, trouble him not.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by platos(m): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by platos(m): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by platos(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by frankcj(m): 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2010
when the power of holy spirit come upon you'll life u and fall down that signifies that u have taken it.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by donnie(m): 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2010
People, that is the power of the Holy ghost.

If you think it is man-made. I dare you to try and fake it.

I mean fall backwards with no one behind you. . . neither mattress nor foam.

Then you will understand. And dont forget to come tell us your findings (that's if you live to do so)

Confused people. With one side of their mouths they say it is evil power, with the other side, they say it's stage-managed.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2010
@Tudor

Nice replies.You know, from all i have seen here, Karl Max knew what he was saying when he said "Religion is the opium of the masses".It really blinds people to all forms of reasoning and well thought out processes.The same people apply common sense in their every day to day activities but when it comes to religion (or "way of life"wink, all manner of logic is thrown out of the window.Anything relating to religion is "unquestionable".A simple question for them to provide proof that the bible is indeed the true word of god has led to nothing but sentiments, off key comments and quotations from the same bible whose authenticity is being disputed. It is indeed a very pathetic situation.

What a pity! cry cry undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ikibeh(m): 6:57am On Jun 29, 2010
@Harakiri and Tudor,

You guys are something else, you need proof concerning the bible and God? I'm sorry for your lost souls, Plus you and tudor, minus you, God is still God. Take it or leave it.

The end is really near like the bible say in 1Timothy 4:1-2; Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Whether you Harakiri or you Tudor belive it or not, it doesnt change who GOD is, he is still God. You guys should be wondering how you were formed from your mothers womb, no science or watever has proved that, Its only God that knows, So if u dnt believe, and ur waiting for any proof, i pray you wont wake up to see urself in hell one day and say like the rich young fool, HAD I KNOW,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ikibeh(m): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2010
, AND TO ALL YOU FELLOW BELIEVING CHRISTIANS OUT THERE, DON'T WASTE UR PRECIOUS GOD-GIVEN TIME WITH THESE ATHEISTS (HARAKIRI AND TUDOR) , YOU MUSTN'T ALLOW THEM TO USE THE DEVIL TO CONFUSE YOU, EVEN THE DEVIL KNOWS THE BIBLE MORE, GO AHEAD WITH YOUR FAITH AND AT THE END OF TIME, THE SHAFT SHALL BE SEPARATED FROM THE WHEAT,

THEY'RE USING SCIENCE AND THEIR UNBELIEF TO DECEIVE YOU ALL, FORGETTING THAT THERE'S IS BUT ONE, WHO CREATED SCIENCE, THEY FORGET HOW THEY CAME TO EXISTENCE, I WONDER IF GOD DID NOT BRING THEM TO THIS WORLD, IF THEY WOULD HAVE THE MOUTH TO SAY ALL THESE BLASPHEMY THEY ARE SAYING,

EVEN LOOK AT THE PROFILE PIC OF HARAKIRI, A PURE SIGN OF THE DRAGON, (ANTI-CHRIST), , MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON UR LOST SOULS,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ikibeh(m): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2010
Christians and non-Christians all have the same evidence—the same facts. Think about it: we all have the same earth, the same fossil layers, the same animals and plants, the same stars—the facts are all the same.

The difference is in the way we all interpret the facts. And why do we interpret facts differently? Because we start with different presuppositions. These are things that are assumed to be true, without being able to prove them. These then become the basis for other conclusions. All reasoning is based on presuppositions (also called axioms). This becomes especially relevant when dealing with past events.

We all exist in the present—and the facts all exist in the present. When one is trying to understand how the evidence came about (Where did the animals come from? How did the fossil layers form? etc.), what we are actually trying to do is to connect the past to the present.

However, if we weren’t there in the past to observe events, how can we know what happened so we can explain the present? It would be great to have a time machine so we could know for sure about past events.

On the basis of these events (Creation, Fall, Flood, Babel, etc.), we have a set of presuppositions to build a way of thinking which enables us to interpret the evidence of the present.

Thus, when Christians and non-Christians argue about the evidence, in reality they are arguing about their interpretations based on their presuppositions. That’s why the argument often turns into something like:

‘Can’t you see what I’m talking about?’

‘No, I can’t. Don’t you see how wrong you are?’

‘No, I’m not wrong. It’s obvious that I’m right.’

‘No, it’s not obvious.’ And so on.

These two people are arguing about the same evidence, but they are looking at the evidence through different glasses.
It’s not until these two people recognize the argument is really about the presuppositions they have to start with, that they will begin to deal with the foundational reasons for their different beliefs. A person will not interpret the evidence differently until they put on a different set of glasses—which means to change one’s presuppositions.

I’ve found that a Christian who understands these things can actually put on the evolutionist’s glasses (without accepting the presuppositions as true) and understand how they look at evidence. However, for a number of reasons, including spiritual ones, a non-Christian usually can’t put on the Christian’s glasses—unless they recognize the presuppositional nature of the battle and are thus beginning to question their own presuppositions.

It is of course sometimes possible that just by presenting ‘evidence’, you can convince a person that a particular scientific argument for creation makes sense ‘on the facts’. But usually, if that person then hears a different interpretation of the same evidence that seems better than yours, that person will swing away from your argument, thinking they have found ‘stronger facts’.

However, if you had helped the person to understand this issue of presuppositions, then they will be better able to recognize this for what it is—a different interpretation based on differing presuppositions—i.e. starting beliefs.

When I was a teacher, I found that whenever I taught the students what I thought were the ‘facts’ for creation, then their other teacher would just re-interpret the facts. The students would then come back to me saying, ‘Well sir, you need to try again.’

However, when I learned to teach my students how we interpret facts, and how interpretations are based on our presuppositions, then when the other teacher tried to reinterpret the facts, the students would challenge the teacher’s basic assumptions. Then it wasn’t the students who came back to me, but the other teacher! This teacher was upset with me because the students wouldn’t accept her interpretation of the evidence and challenged the very basis of her thinking.

What was happening was that I had learned to teach the students how to think rather than just what to think. What a difference that made to my class! I have been overjoyed to find, sometimes decades later, some of those students telling me how they became active, solid Christians as a result.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

France’s Iconic Notre-dame Cathedral Fire Fully Extinguished / Read Rhapsody Of Realities On Your Blackberry, Iphone Or Android Devices. / Man Sues Chris Okotie For Owing Him 14 Years Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 242
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.